Start by marking “Fanocracy: Turning Fans Into Customers and Customers Into Fans” as Want to Read:
Fanocracy: Turning Fans Into Customers and Customers Into Fans

Fanocracy: Turning Fans Into Customers and Customers Into Fans

From the bestselling author of New Rules of Marketing & PR, a bold guide to converting customer passion into marketing power.

How do some brands attract word-of-mouth buzz and radical devotion around products as everyday as car insurance, surfboards, and underwear? They embody the most powerful marketing force in the world: die-hard fans.

In this essential book,
Published January 7th 2020 by Portfolio

To ask other readers questions about Fanocracy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fanocracy

Start your review of Fanocracy: Turning Fans Into Customers and Customers Into Fans
Crystal King
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
I've been a fan of David Meerman Scott's writing since I was a young PR pro decades ago. When I heard that Fanocracy was coming out I was thrilled. As someone with a background in a little cog-sci, I was intensely interested in the science (which his daughter, Reiko Scott, brings to the table) behind what makes people want to become fans. I have made some shifts in the way I market some of my own projects as a result of what I learned in this book, and have seen very positive results. It's a new ...more
Mizuki
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed listening to audiobook that is read by the authors themselves. Their narration sounds very positive, well-matched to the book contents. I feel like fanocracy is not very special but just honest and kind way of choice, both as a businessperson and a consumer. What is the most encouraging fact for me is, passion outside of my work is surely helpful for my work. I’d like to express my fandom more.
Stephen Stilwell
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The pendulum has swung too far in the direction of superficial online communications. How many hours do we spend feeling social on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook; often unaware that we’re interacting with automated bots? People are starving for true human connection. To the point that the relationship companies build with their customers is often more important than the products and services they sell to them.

Create a product or service that highlights how you can get closer to friends/family;
Halordain
Jan 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
The book contains a lot of examples across a variety of industries and sectors. Having said that, it felt too much a reflection of the authors' lives and habits and not true applicable advice I can exercise in starting a business. Certainly, having read the anecdotes, the reader is free to draw her own conclusions and take lessons away from the book, but I don't think the actionable advice is direct, in the sense of a list of things to try. The tone of the book reads like an essay, where each ...more
Hannah
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a lifelong fandom participant (comic cons, midnight book signings, buying merchandise, fan fiction etc), this book gets it right when considering the enthusiasm and loyalty of fandom! It is engaging throughout, easy to digest, and thought provoking.

From cover to cover, I enjoyed reading "Fanocracy" - which isn’t something I typically say about marketing books. The insights David and Reiko offer about harnessing passion as a marketing tool really resonated with my nerd self and I cannot wait
Richard
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
FANOCRACY is not just another business book. It’s a revelation.

There is a fundamental truism of business that most people working today have never learned or have simply forgotten in our hyper-digitized world: regardless of the sector we are in, or the product or service that we offer, we are all in the business of relationships. Our success (and our failure) stems from our ability (or inability) to generate a true human connection in an increasingly dehumanized world.

FANOCRACY by the
Steve J
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s like some kind of inspirational soup for the Marketing Soul.

Fanocracy is an inspiration. Many marketing books describe a perfect scenario which often leaves me thinking, “That’s fine for them; they’re a big company. But my little company could never do it.” As you read Fanocracy, you say, “Hey, I could do that!”

Fanocracy is how you bring like-minded people together to celebrate what they love. And any company or organization can do it—including yours. Authors David Meerman Scott and his
Karlie Robinson
The technical info was good, but it was too bogged down in personal stories* that felt a little too 1%. I don't think I can recommend this book to my business clients. Most of them just won't be able to relate to the authors.

*I don't want to know someone's underpants preference. Seriously!
Widad
rated it it was ok
Jan 29, 2020

• Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
  • Permanent Record
  • The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life: Before 8AM
  • Born to Run
  • Wealth, Poverty and Politics: An International Perspective
  • The United States of Trump: How the President Really Sees America
  • Such a Fun Age
  • The Infinite Game
  • A Warning
  • Loonshots: How to Nurture the Crazy Ideas That Win Wars, Cure Diseases, and Transform Industries
  • Everything is F*cked: A Book About Hope
  • I Hear You: The Surprisingly Simple Skill Behind Extraordinary Relationships
  • Doggies: A Counting and Barking Book
  • Hogwash
  • Freight Train
  • Bea Rocks the Flock
  • Cinnamon
Our always-on, Web-driven world has new rules for competing and growing business. Advance planning is out – agile is IN! Those who embrace new ways will be far more successful than those who stay who stay stuck and afraid to change. No one knows more about using the new Real-Time tools and strategies to spread ideas, influence minds and build business than David Meerman Scott. It’s his specialty.