Start by marking “Kiki & Jax: The Life-Changing Magic of Friendship” as Want to Read:
Kiki & Jax: The Life-Changing Magic of Friendship

Kiki & Jax: The Life-Changing Magic of Friendship

Inspired by Marie Kondo’s KonMari Method, “Kiki & Jax” tells the endearing story of two best friends who couldn’t be more different: Kiki is a collector and Jax is a sorter. The one thing they always agree on is how much fun they have together. But when Kiki’s things start getting in the way, they have to figure out how to make room for what’s always sparked joy – ...more
Board book, 40 pages
Published November 5th 2019 by Crown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Kiki & Jax, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiki & Jax

Start your review of Kiki & Jax: The Life-Changing Magic of Friendship
McKenzie/literarydragon
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Adorable cleaning propaganda
Mariana Elkins
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book with my son and we have started to declutter his room. It’s not an easy process. I can foresee some bribery being envolved in the future. This book did help him understand what is happening. The best part was when he stared crying he screamed: I am overwhelmed. He didn’t know that word before this book. I told him we could take a brake when ever he felt overwhelmed. Teaching him to identify and deal with that emotion is enough to earn this book 5! ...more
Rod Brown
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
It's silly and a weird extension of the brand, but this little story does hit on the core of Kondo's decluttering philosophy and -- my favorite part -- how to properly fold your shirts for drawers. If you've liked her other books, this will probably spark joy too.
Annese
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marie Kondo is DETERMINED to make us clean up! If you didn't get it with the first book, large print edition, audiobook, manga, or TV series, here is another format for you to try. Consistency! The picture book is definitely the version I needed. I appreciate her for keeping us accountable. That said... cleaning/getting rid of my books will forever be the hardest part.
Janet (MommyTheReader)
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't realize this was a Marie Kondo book when I picked it out at the library. It showed up on a list of books about friendship and looked cute. What a fun surprise to realize that Kondo was a co-author and we were getting a lesson on tidiness as well as friendship.

The overall idea is one friend is messy, and a bit of a hoarder (well, she is a squirrel), and the other is more skilled with his organizational abilities. They end up working together so they can actually find the toys they want
Adele
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Somewhat cute and a little sad at points. My husband who has read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing says this does succeed in incorporating the key take-aways from that book into a picture book for children. I wanted to read this because I am totally Kiki and my husband is totally Jax so maybe it is to be expected that I thought it was only okay.
Elizabeth
I'm a big fan of Marie Kondo (I've read Life-Changing Magic, Spark Joy, and her manga), and I'm a big fan of picture books, so I've been eagerly waiting for this one. It didn't disappoint!

I really like how this cute story of friends is shown in a way that allows kids to see that tidying isn't just something their parents want them to do, but it can be short term fun (the act of going through your things, weeding, and sorting), and long term fun (having the space to play and knowing where all
Ksenia
Dec 09, 2019 added it
Adorable! I am a mix of Kiki AND Jax: I like to collect things but I do like to sort them all cause clutter drives me nuts!
Ann
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
this book sparks joy
Naomi
Nov 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
What the living hell? My mouth dropped in listening to this book. Can we let kids be kids versus making them anxious about the hoarding that kids naturally do? This woman irritates the living bejeezus out of me anyway, but this is a new low to make a buck.
Anjanette
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
#KonMarie for kids
Shimona Hirchberg
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
this is so cute! and really good for kids (and those reading it to kids)
Earl
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was super cute and a great way to introduce kids to the fun of tidying up.
Sheri
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute book about friends and playing together when you have the space to do it. Kiki the squirrel is a collector and Jax, the owl, is an organizer. They cannot play together at Kiki's house until she puts her collections away and there is space. But Kiki needs Jax to help with organizing her things. Message-driven book.
Victoria
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? I'm a huge Marie Kondo fan...and it is a fun, practical story to boot. Bravo!
Jon Nakapalau
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book that reminds us to keep room for our friends in our cluttered lives.
Kiki
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute story about staying organized geared towards early elementary.
Allison
Nov 27, 2019
Kaila
Nov 06, 2019
Sidharth Uday
rated it did not like it
Nov 19, 2019

• Small in the City
  • Reading Beauty
  • Parker Looks Up: An Extraordinary Moment
  • Just Because
  • Sofia Valdez, Future Prez (Questioneers Picture Book, #4)
  • Snow Globe Wishes
  • Llama Destroys the World
  • Stargazing
  • The Proudest Blue
  • Kevin the Unicorn: It's Not All Rainbows
Marie Kondo (近藤 麻理恵) is a Japanese organizing consultant and author. Kondo's method of organizing is known as the KonMari Method, and one of the main principles is keeping only possessions which "spark joy."

Kondo's best-seller The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing has been published in more than 30 countries.

She was listed as one of the world's 100