Start by marking “His Wicked Touch” as Want to Read:
His Wicked Touch

His Wicked Touch

She was his mate ... the only one who could save him.

Published April 15th 2019 by Martini & Olive

To ask other readers questions about His Wicked Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Wicked Touch

Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: missy
Ooh. Guilty pleasure time. A hot and sexy shifter book? A bit of a romantic suspense? Count me in! His Wicked Touch is just that—a quick, hot and dirty romance with a delectable side of shifter and suspense.

Caitlyn and Luc are drawn together by nature—a force of nature. Luc has battled his panther side for years, knowing only his true mate can tame the beast. And his true mate is Caitlyn. Now to just convince her of this too . . .

Caitlyn’s a bit of a loner—one who’s fighting the battle on the s
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
I am not one for novellas generally but sometimes one comes along that I cannot resist picking up, and I am so glad that I picked this one up.

J Kenner is an author that I have been a fan of for years and I find her consistently excellent. I am also a huge fan of paranormal romances so His Wicked Touch was an outstanding combination.

J. Kenner’s writing is up to her usual fantastic level and I stormed through His Wicked Touch is one sitting.
Siobhan
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love paranormal romance, I love Kenner's work, yet the two together failed to be the wow read I had been hoping for. Such a thing really surprised me, as I expected to love this one. Unfortunately, the more I read the less I enjoyed.

I think my problem with this one is that I never felt the connection to the characters, or between them, that I usually do in Kenner books. The book seemed to be mostly surface depth, and we never went as deep into things as I had hoped. I was constantly waiting fo
Jessica
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thankful to receive this arc from Most Wanted group. I have always been a fan of J. Kenner's work. When I heard it was a paranormal I was not to sure if it was going to be good. She hit it out if the park it has suspense, romance and great characters. I actually was sad to reached the ending.

Cate is a cop who is use to not having someone to support her. Luc is a man who in the night becomes a black Panther. That actually sounds a bit sexy a Panther. He has been looking for his perfect mate to st
Carly Wilson
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
‘His Wicked Touch’ by Julie Kenner was given to me in exchange for an honest review. Being an avid paranormal romance reader, and a sucker for all of Kenner’s romances, this book was a sure recipe for success with me.

The book is about Caitlyn Raine, a detective who is struggling to keep the worlds villains off the street. She finds sanctuary in her haven at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans. It is her escapism and the place where she feels the most at ease. Whilst visiting, Caitlyn is drawn to one
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alright to be fair here everyone I tend to only read contemporary romance, but I wanted to give this fantasy paranormal, not sure how to call it exactly yet. But, I have been a J.K fan for many many years and love her books, so i trusted her to make this experience a good one. ppsstt...IT WAS!!

I want to address this statement, "There was only one cure---sex." Um, for it being what it is type of book, I also did not read the original release obviously, but I really got into this! I mean I usually
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A EXHILARATING, STEAMY, ACTION-PACKED PARANORMAL ROMANCE THAT LEFT ME ACHING FOR MORE! I LOVED His Wicked Touch! The characters were so amazing and the plot was wicked awesome and had me engaged from start to finish. The story flowed smoothly and there were enough twists and crackling tension that I was very fond of.

I have a soft spot for Paranormal romances. They are the books after all that got me into reading romances and I have a hard time turning down one b
Marika
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was a quick, hot and suspenseful read! Caitlyn and Luc have a connection right from the start, an undeniable chemistry that can't be faked.. but while nature might call, well the brain is a different beast altogether.
Luc and Caitlyn are also battling against time and murders that point in Luc direction.
I truly enjoyed the characters and the story..I only wish I could have more than a novella.
Sandy S
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars—

Release Date: April. 2019

ABOUT THE BOOK:

She was his mate ... the only one who could save him. Bound by his cursed heritage, shapeshifter Luc Agassou must constantly fight the call of the great cat that lives inside him. His only hope for controlling the beast within is to find his one true mate, but after years of searching, he is no closer to finding his love. Or his redemption. Desperate, he stays hidden in the shadows, locking himself away from those he might harm.

Caitlyn Raine has
Kim
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Luc Agassou is a cursed man who is looking for the one person to save him from it. The problem finding that one person to save him is not something easily done. Caitlyn Raine is trying to escape the shadows and find a beast who is terrorizing her city. When these two meet Caitlyn doesn’t know that he is the one man who haunts her dreams but can he help her overcome her past and save them both?

I was gifted this book in exchange for an honest review.

Caitlyn (Cate) Raine is finding her way in the n
Badass Bloggettes
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don’t read a lot of paranormal although when I do, I gravitate toward shapeshifters more than any other sub-genre. To me, there is something super sexy when a sweet loving alpha male is hidden in the body of a sometimes animal.

His Wicked Touch by J. Kenner is Luc and Caitlyn’s story. Kenner stuffed this little novella with action and intrigue. The setting is New Orleans—a city I love. What better place for a good shapeshifter story! Extraordinary events can happen in NOLA that don’t work in o
Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: romaine
"We'll find a cure and you, my darling baby boy, I promise you will find someone to love."

Luc is a shapeshifter bound by his cursed heritage. When people are attacked, there is only one thing Luc can do to prevent this from happening again.

"You’re a bad girl, Caitlyn. A cursed girl....You should never have been born, you evil thing. I should have let them cut you right out of me."

Even tough Caitlyn had a bad childhood, she  became a detective and put her passion into her work to lock away the hu
Bookishly
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is a little different than the writing style of J. Kenner than I’m used to. Not that it was bad.

I just didn’t enjoy it as much as her other books. It was kind of weird for me to get into. His Wicked Touch was interesting. But I couldn’t get into it.

The characters seemed like they were trying too hard to have chemistry. I mean, there are some couplings that seem effortless. Feyre and Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses; Damian and Nikki from the Stark Novels. But Cate and Luc just
Elizabeth
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Originally published as Wild Thing, this version of the story has some minor tweaks to the story. The concept for this book was excellent. I like how J. Kenner explored the paranormal/shape-shifter world without following all of the typical objectives/plot points associated with shape-shifters books, i.e. need to bite human females to turn them so they can to breed, and keep the population from going extinct. I also enjoyed that New Orleans was the backdrop and not some town in/near the mountain ...more
Mary
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
An exciting paranormal romance from J. Kenner was just what the doctor ordered. I like to read a variety of romance styles but hadn’t enjoyed a paranormal story in quite a while. This refreshing escape was short, fun and sexy. Cate is a strong woman that has coped with her mother’s disdain by becoming a police officer yet she goes through life isolated and alone. She finds solace at the zoo, watching the black panther Midnight. On her 30th birthday, she receives an unusual gift and then feels li ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I have been postponing this review because, to be honest, I was a little disappointed with the book. I was expecting more from J.Kenner, but unfortunately, this story felt a little too flat and boring to me. I didn't exactly get invested in it which was a little sad. I am not sure if it was an "It's me" moment or "it's the book" one. The story is short, so there wasn't much character development, but the story had some nice touches of suspense and romance. I would read a second book set in this ...more
Kari Hansen
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Luc is a panther shifter who desperately needs his mate to control both sides of his personality, but he hasn’t found her yet. From the moment that he sees Cate he knows she is his mate and now he just needs to convince her.

Cate is a detective whose family history has shown her that love doesn’t exist for her. Instead she does what she can to help others and doesn’t let anyone too close. She doesn’t understand why she is drawn to the zoo and especially the panther. From their first meeting the c
Patricia
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'll start by saying I really did enjoy this book yet had to keep reminding myself not to compare this book to the others I have read by J. Kenner.

With that said, once focused strictly on this story there was so much I really enjoyed about it.
It was set in New Orleans which is always a great setting for a paranormal or shifter book.
The main characters, Luc Agassou and Caitlyn Raine are both appealing with pasts that still haunt their present. Their story had a few twists and turns that I felt ha
Jenn Cunha
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for an honest review.

For a short read, Kenner really pulled together a story that had it all. It had heart and heat and a touch of suspense. Luc is a were-panther (is that the right phrase?) and Cait is a human cop. She's drawn to him so much so that even when he's in animal form, she visits the zoo just to watch him. If anything, this was too short of a read. I wanted more about Luc and Martin and I definitely wanted more about Alma. That seems like a storyline that has tons of
Becky Wise
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
His Wicked Touch is a fantastic sexy paranormal romance. This was a quick read for me but it wasn't lacking in anything. You get the extremely hot sparks flying between Luc and Caitlyn from the beginning. Luc may have been in his panther form but you can just feel the attraction rolling off them. I love how everything just falls into place. Caitlyn is amazing even after finding everything out. Luc is mysterious and sexy and willing to give up so much. I love the pull between them. I loved every ...more
Emma bramley
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
A quick amazing read by this author. This book is exhilarating, steamy, action packed with some paranormal elements thrown in. The characters were really well written with amazing hot chemistry between them. The story flows perfectly with a few twists and turns. This maybe a quick read but its definitely worth the time. I can't wait to read more from this author in the future.

Highly recommended read

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book
www.obsessedbookreviews.blogspot.com
Sissy's Romance Book Review
HIS WICKED TOUCH by J Kenner is the story of Luc Agassou and Caitlyn 'Cate' Raine.
Luc has been looking for his mate for a while and then he sees Cate. Cate has never fit in or been really accepted by her family so she has taken to be more on her own. Cate even starts to hang around animals that seems to give her what she needs specially a bad cat/panther. Luc knows she can tame his beast.
This was a quick, hot shiftier type romance that I really enjoyed.
Erica
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
If this is an honest review. It was short, rush and a little confusing. I feel like a lot of the story was left out and info provided was not enough to give us entire picture. Characters were thrown at us and pieces were given to make us see a picture that wasn't drawn. I gave it 4 stars because even after all of that, the story was interesting and entertaining. It makes you wish it was a full novel but moreso a teaser. Still a good short story.
Susan
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One word for this book, WOW!!! This was my first J. Kenner paranormal book and believe me it will not be my last. Luc, a panther/human you cannot help but fall in love with from the very beginning. Cate, a beautiful but lonely woman, who does not know she is Luc’s mate.

Once I started, I could not put it down. A definite must read!!
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
Shelves: arc, paranormal
A good quick read. I don't read a lot of paranormal but when I do I gravitate toward shape shifters. I like this story a lot even though it is predictable. The New Orleans setting adds to the story's mystery. My only criticism is that these characters would be very happy in a full novel. The novella doesn't do them justice.

Full review on Badass Bloggettes on release day.
Karen
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm admitting that I don't normally enjoy shifter books. However, if it's written well, it's good no matter the genre. J. Kenner is a known quantity to me, and I've loved almost everything she's written. This is no different. I loved this from beginning to end.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
3.5 Stars

A Panther shifter novella. A mate story that has the hero trying to find his mate before it’s too late. When he does find her she does some pushing away. It’s well written but the pushing away is what kept me from loving this more.
Deborah
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The descriptive writing and emotionally charged dialogue had me captivated from page one. Cate and Luc have a connection but will they find the answers they're longing for? Will they find love or hate when everything is said and done? A great read.
Allyson
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Good book but unfortunately didn’t WOW me like Julie normally does with her books. I was excited to dive into a paranormal story. His Wicked Touch did have a little mystery/suspense element and of course a wicked lust to the scene. But the context/flow was a bit off.

Copy provided by the author.
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have never read this author before and when she came out with a PNR book I jumped on it. It was a quick read but not lacking in anything especially romance and suspense. Luc is a were panther and Caitlin is a human cop and sparks fly from their first meeting even though Luc is in his panther form. I love their connection from the beginning, but will they find in each other the answers they have been longing for?
J. Kenner (aka Julie Kenner) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Wall Street Journal and #1 International bestselling author of over one hundred novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres.

Though known primarily for her award-winning and international bestselling erotic romances (including the Stark and Most Wanted series) that have reached as high as #2 on the New Y