Start by marking “Awkward Honesty” as Want to Read:
Awkward Honesty

Awkward Honesty

The Girl Diaries first instalment ‘Awkward Honesty’ follows the ramblings of a newly teenage girl. For this young Australian, life is—uncomfortable. Her body is changing, her family is morphing into a new shape, and her social circle at school is, well, non-existent.

Writing down her days in a brand-new journal proves to be the outlet this young person needs; but she can't
Published March 2019 by Steam Scene

To ask other readers questions about Awkward Honesty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awkward Honesty

Start your review of Awkward Honesty
M.A. Thomas
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Snapshot Critique -Rebecca F. Kenney

Here are my thoughts, presented stream-of-consciousness-style while reading it.
I like this concept! You introduce the mystery/tragedy/questions right away, which is great.
I like your main character already. She has a slightly sassy voice, and I can tell she's kind, fun, insightful, and intelligent.
Love the bit about blank pages costing more than actual words!
You have some run-on sentences in here, so perhaps you need stronger punctuation, I know it's a teen
M.A. Thomas
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: authored
I think overall that your story is still a tad under written. I felt rushed through the content for some of the more pivotal scenes and I think you need to work on the tone of the dialogue. You describe how the characters are behaving rather than showing it with actions. This could be because I struggle to read in first person though which tends to come across like that. But, overall I think this is a unique story and once you work from your betas feedback and add in some more emotionally connec ...more
Margarita Anikeyenko
Rebecca Joy
Oct 20, 2020
Morgan Blum
Sep 14, 2019
I'm a mother, wife, long time journalist and community worker, I started my first novel series as a way to help teens discover who they are; reconnect with parents; engage with a more diverse range of texts; find their voices and ultimately interact better with teachers and peers.

I wanted to help Australian youths find their own path to joy, love and fulfilment earlier than the generations before

News & Interviews

Looking for a fictional meet-cute in the new year? We've got some steamy novels for you to snuggle up with, including Casey McQuiston's...