Start by marking “Wonder Woman: Warbringer” as Want to Read:
Wonder Woman: Warbringer

Wonder Woman: Warbringer

She will become one of the world's greatest heroes: WONDER WOMAN. But first she is Diana, Princess of the Amazons. And her fight is just beginning. Based on the New York Times bestselling novel by Leigh Bardugo, this graphic novel adaptation brings to life Diana's first adventure beyond the hidden shores of Themyscira.

Diana longs to prove herself to her legendary warrior
Published January 7th 2020 by DC Comics

Start your review of Wonder Woman: Warbringer
Khurram
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this version more that the novel, partly for the visuals and partly because as it was more condensed it did not seem as slow moving as the novel.

Like the book I would have preferred more action, and the artwork is more suited to Batman then Wonder Woman, but it is still good. Personally I think the story would have been better without the people being taken over by the Greek deities. I did not understand the reason for it in the novel or here.

The story is good more Wonder Girl then
Chad
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
I didn't like this as much as the original novel. Translating prose to comics is difficult and I think that's what happened here. Trying to include all the narration in the prose version made for some boring passages in the GN. The art was OK, but I didn't like the color palette at all. It was very dark and muted almost as if the whole story took place at dusk. I know this DC Ink line of books has made sparse use of colors in a good way but it just wasn't the same in this one.

Received a review
The Nerd Daily
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Tom Hitchen

Diana. Daughter of immortals. Princess of Themyscira. Wonder Woman.

The famed DC superhero has many names and she has been adapted and reincarnated many times. First appearing in 1941 before her first feature in 1942, there have been films, TV shows, and books. And now she is once again welcomed back to the comic book page in Louise Simonsons adaptation of Leigh Bardugos Wonder Woman: Warbringer.

The story follows Diana Prince, long
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
Huge thank you to DC Ink for providing me with a gifted review copy in exchange for an honest review.

DC Ink is at it again with some really amazing titles and today I bring to you Wonder Woman: Warbringer! As Ive mentioned in one of my previous reviews (Batman: Nightwalker) I havent read the novels so I went into this not really knowing what to expect.

Wonder Woman has always been one of my favorite members of the Justice League. I was so excited to read this and to dive back into the world of
JenLovesBooks
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This one had a special place in my heart, especially since it includes Wonder Woman, but mainly because I loved Leigh Bardugo's novel version of this story. I really couldn't get enough of that story and was saddened when it came to an end. So, of course, when I saw this go up, I knew I wanted a chance at reviewing it.

Even though this wasn't exactly as the novel, or as detailed, it had much of what I was looking and hoping for. Especially, when it came to the graphics included in this version.
⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess)
When I read Leigh Bardugo's Wonder Woman: Warbringer two years ago, I had no idea I'd come to love this character so much. Wonder Woman was my introduction to the superhero genre. When I found out there's a graphic novel version of this book I just had to read it.

I think this is a good adaptation of the novel. All the important plot aspects were included, and I'm glad to say I still loved the characters as much as I did in the book, especially Alia and Nim. Seriously, everyone needs a best
Alexandra
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an e-ARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Review can also be found on *Milky Way of Books*

The adaptation of Leigh's book gave me an even more amazing Wonder Woman vibe. The story is fairly done and the art is quite well. Diana has always been an amazing character and seeing her in her teens as a warrior was also very exciting. If you have read the book you'll fairly enjoy the graphic novel adaptation too.
Darla
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a good graphic novel adaptation of the YA novel, but the story is not communicated as well in this medium. If you want to get the full story and also love the graphic novel medium, I would recommend reading the original novel first.

Thank you to DC Comics and NetGalley for providing a digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Stacy Fetters
Jul 24, 2020 rated it liked it
"Why do I constantly want to shove him down a flight of stairs? Well, actually Im planning to drown you in the punch bowl and make a break for it."

This was enjoyable and it had some slow parts but I think I prefer the full novel.
Jen
Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Not bad. Quick and engaging read. I didnt guess the bad guy at all. 3 stars. ...more
Elvina Zafril
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: times-reads
I liked this graphic novel better than the novel format that I haven't finished reading oops! I liked this version better because of the illustrations make the reading more enjoyable.

Warbringer is an adaptation of the original story. It was an action-packed story. Loved the friendship between her and Alia. They both work great together and making this an even more interesting read. Diana wants to prove herself to the rest of Amazon. She witnesses a ship exploding and was rushing to save human
Becca
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to DC Comics for providing me with an e-ARC of Wonder Woman: Warbringer in exchange for an honest review.

I have a confession to make Wonder Woman is a character that I dont care much about. Hear me out, I love who she is & what she does; I love the Amazons & the concept of an island where only women live. I love everything about Wonder Woman.

However, I dont think Ive found the right Wonder Woman series to consume. What it boils down to is the writer & whos bringing her
Christy
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Warbringer is a faithful adaptation of the original story. Having read the source material, I am confident this is one of the best adaptations Ive read. The plot follows the story, with the art adding to the battle scenes. Fans who find one medium or the other wont miss anything by choosing one over the other. I actually enjoyed the graphic novel even more than the book! ...more
Jordan (The Heart of a Book Blogger)
This review and more can be found at The Heart of a Book Blogger.

Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

The Wonder Woman: Warbringer graphic novel is the adaptation of Leigh Bardugos DC Icons novel. I havent read the novel yet, but this appears to be an excellent adaptation.

In Wonder Woman: Warbringer, Diana wants to prove herself to the rest of the Amazons on Themyscira. Shes about to do that in an important race, but then Diana witnesses a ship exploding and rushes to save the human onboard. What she doesnt
Georgi
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
A bit disappointed, review to come!
Beatriz 月
"Bubble bubble, make some trouble"

Alright, what to say?

I read the book a couple of years ago and really loved it. This turn into a graphic novel just made the images I had in my mind come to life with some accurecy, whereas some parts did not (but who cares? we all imagine different stuff)
I do have to say that despite enjoying it, I liked the book better, simply because (and here we go again) I like to create my own interpretation of the plots I read. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it and
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, physical-2020
Reading this reminded me why I enjoy graphic novels. ❤ ...more
Julie
This was fine. It was a really spot on adaptation of the novel. The art style wasn't necessarily my thing, but it was still done well. The character designs were amazing.
Melissa
Jun 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I had Bardugo's story on my NOOK (it was on sale!) and on audio CDs (it was a gift); yet, I just couldn't get any energy to open the book/CDs and start reading. So when I saw there was a graphic novel form of the story at my library, I snatched it up - boy I was glad I did. To be honest, I think I would have DNF'd it if I read the book; the story is just not enough to warrant 360+ pages of words. Yet, with this adaption, I think the story shines and keeps the plot moving.

Diana is a
Blue
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it

You know when you read a graphic novel based on a book and leaves out all the relevant information from the book that is critical to the story but they decided it wasnt important enough to have it in the graphic novel? Yeah well, that was the case with Warbringer!
What I love about how this story the most, is that it isnt for Hollywood, it isnt Diana meeting a guy and her world changes and she must do everything she can for him and blahhhh blahhh blah. It is based on two young girls and on
Sasha Zatz
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-and-read

Diana longs to fit in with the other Amazons, all of whom have earned their places in Themyscira, but no matter how hard she tries she will always be the girl of clay her mother shaped. Until a mysterious girl washes up on the shores of her home, and it is up to Diana to save her people and everything she holds dear.
This has to be one of my favourite DC comics yet! With Leigh Bardugo's wit, stunning artwork and all the badassery of Wonderwoman, what's not to love?
Diana is a determined and brave
karli
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
3/5 stars!

ARC provided by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have tried to read the original novel of this a few times and can just never get into, but I'm just so interested in Diana and wanted to get a new story by Leigh Bardugo. So, when I was approved for this I was really happy. The artwork in this graphic novel is amazing. I loved the characters and the plot was really cool with the gods and lore behind it all. However, I just dont think a graphic novel can get
Brittany
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this one. It correlated closely to the DC Icons book that it was based from. Diana has always been a super strong female character, so adding her into this graphic novel will definitely be great for future generations. Diana can set a role model in many forms but being able to have the same story translate this story from words to visuals is revolutionary at spreading literacy to younger readers.
The art was beautiful and the story was powerful. Loved every second of this.
& She Reads
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was provided with an arc of this via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Well its safe to say I loved this as much as I loved the book.

I enjoyed the art and I felt like the pace of the graphic novel was well done and
matched the pace of the book almost exactly.

The graphic novel of Wonder Woman : Warbringer goes along perfectly with
the graphic novel for Batman : Nightwaker and I look forward to owning them together.
Gigi
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you're familiar with any of Leigh Bardugo's work, you'll know that all her stories are character driven and full of world building. Even if you've never read any of her stuff, if you enjoy this sort of storytelling then you'll enjoy this.

I'm a Wonder Woman fan and will always prefer the adult version & original graphic novels, but this was a nice take on the younger Diana Prince and perfect for those who like YA. It's a great introduction for younger readers getting into DC Comics.
Anthony ➳ KeepReadingForward ➳
4/5
This Review was first posted on Keep Reading Forward. If you want to see more, check out our other locations as well as here.

ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really didnt expect to really enjoy reading the novel version of Wonder Woman: Warbringer. I really wanted to read it and when I did, I just got so into it, that I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I expected it to. When I saw that the graphic novel version was available to request and
Becka
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks go to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. When I saw Wonder Woman AND Leigh Bardugo combined in one book, I knew it was going to be something special, and Wonder Woman: Warbringer did not disappoint. As much as I loved the story, perhaps my favorite aspect of the book is the way that the artist combined a mostly cool color palette of blues and grays with judicious use of warm tones at specific parts of the ...more
Meg Chia (bibliophilogy)
3.5

Full review here on my blog

Thank you so much to Times Reads for sending me a copy of this graphic novel in exchange for an honest review! This book is or will be available in all good bookstores!

Three-word description : mythology, bond, hero
My rating : 3.5 / 5 stars

Hello everyone and I am back with a book review but this time it is a graphic novel review! How exciting is that! So I want to preface this by saying I have not read the novel by Leigh Bardugo that this graphic novel is adapted
Ben Truong
Wonder Woman: Warbringer is a graphic novel written and adapted by Louise Simonson, illustrated by Kit Seaton, and inspired by the original novel of the same name written by Leigh Bardugo. This adaptation presents the moral dilemmas of a young Diana of Themyscira trying to save the world on her own strength, power, and compassion.

Wanting to prove herself to her warrior sisters, Diana sets off on a swimming race only to be waylaid by the sinking of a nearby ship. She chooses to rescue one of the
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest and voluntary review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

The DC Comics team has brought to life yet another DC Icons novel! This time it's Leigh Barudgo's Wonder Woman: Warbinger. Louise Simonson was the adapter and the gorgeous illustrations were created by Kit Seaton! I have to say that I really enjoyed this color scheme! It's very faint colors that make Wonder Woman who she eventually becomes! At least, that's how I saw
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Way You Make Me Feel
  • Teen Titans: Beast Boy
  • The Bone Houses
  • Ark
Louise Simonson (formerly Louise Jones, when married to artist Jeff Jones) is an American comic book writer and editor. She is best known for her work on comic book titles such as Power Pack, X-Factor, New Mutants, Superman, and Steel. She is sometimes referred to by the nickname "Weezie".