Start by marking “Where's Baby?” as Want to Read:
Where's Baby?

Where's Baby?

Papa Fox is looking for Baby Fox, who is just out of his sight . . . but not ours! An adorable, interactive read-aloud for fans of Are You My Mother?

In this clever introduction to prepositions, a near-sighted Papa is looking for his baby. Is Baby up in the tree? Is Baby under the log? Is Baby around the corner? Where could Baby be?

Readers will delight in spotting the
Published January 7th 2020 by Tundra Books (NY)

To ask other readers questions about Where's Baby?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where's Baby?

Start your review of Where's Baby?
Dorie  - Cats&Books :)
***NOW AVAILABLE***

This is one of the cutest, most eye catching books for the very young that I have read in a very long while. The story is the universal hide and seek theme but done in such a clever way. The illustrations are incredibly appealing and had my 3 year old granddaughter giggling. The animals are all in areas where one would normally find them in nature and I loved that little reality in this book. I think this one will become a classic!

The littlest ones will have fun going back
La Coccinelle
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, children, netgalley
Where's Baby? is about an oblivious fox who's trying to find his offspring. It's not quite clear whether Papa knows Baby is hiding nearby and is just humouring the kid, but in any case, Baby thinks it's quite the clever game, and the reader gets to see their reactions as Papa encounters various creatures that are definitely not a baby fox.

The book does sort of work as an introduction to various prepositions, but little kids will probably be more interested in trying to pick out Baby in each of
Melki
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Adorable story about a papa fox searching for his "missing" baby.

description

description

Little ones should have a blast finding the little red fox in each illustration.

Mel (Epic Reading)
This is absolutely adorable! Any child, of any age will love learning to find the baby hiding on every page. While Where's Baby? is very simple with it's words and illustrations; it just feels perfect. I could imagine a small child (2-4 years old I'm thinking) sitting with this book and flipping the pages with squeals each time they find the baby.
Not a bedtime story in my mind, but a great book for the playroom.

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This
Etienne
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
The dad might be the dumbest dad of children book, but this is a good one. The illustrations have a very pretty and calm vibes in it, a softness. The story is light, but it allows you to play some sort of search and find with the baby in every page, easily enough to find, but young children will probably laugh finding it and seeing that the dad doesn't. Well executed!
Morris
This is an adorable story about a missing baby fox with a hide and seek component. It's simple enough that young ones can find the baby, making it engaging instead of frustrating. The illustrations are wonderful!

This unbiased review is based upon a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Danielle
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where's Baby? is a delightful picture book. Parents and little ones will enjoy following along as Papa Fox searches high and low for his baby. The story is very simple and the pictures are adorable. Kids will love spotting where baby is on each page. If you liked Are You my Mother? as a child you will enjoy Where's Baby? as a parent.
Thank you to Netgalley and Penguin Random House Canada for an advance reader copy.
Laura Harrison
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Super clever and engaging picture book. Great toddler title with the dearest illustrations. Children will love it!
Jan Polep
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute hide and seek picture book with Baby Fox near perfection at hiding. Kids don't have to know how to read to enjoy this one and could lead to some fun times hiding, no matter your age.
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked it. The art is very cute, all sharp ink lines and muted colors except for baby, always present albeit sometimes only a little on each page, who is bright orange red. I like the main character foxes and how they were able to remain distinct characters. Mama fox is darker around the muzzle and her whiskers turn up instead of down, so it is easy to tell them apart without resorting to any personifications of jewelry or long eyelashes. On a personal note, my kids call their dad Papa ...more
Storywraps
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Papa Fox and his adorable little pup are playing a game that most kids are familiar with... hide-and-seek.

"Have you seen Baby, Mama Fox?"
"Why, Baby must be somewhere, Papa Fox."

He heads off into the forest hunting down his adventurous little guy. Papa looks indoors, outside, inside a log, over the hill, under the water, down a hole, up in a tree, and around the bend, asking a variety of animals if they might have seen his clever little son who seems to have become invisible and completely
Annie
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Where's Baby? is a sweetly illustrated hunt-and-find short read for babies to the youngest readers. Due out 7th Jan 2020 from Penguin Random House Canada, it's 40 pages and will be available in hardcover format.

Papa Fox is having a hard time finding Baby. His searches take him all over, but without success. He comes back home and finally finds Baby. The art and text, done in ballpoint ink and colored pencils is beautifully detailed, whimsical,
Kasey Gilbert Poindexter
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Papa Fox can't find Baby anywhere! He looks in the trees, under the water, and around the bend, but still can't find his sly little Baby.

I love the contrasting colors in this book. This is a PERFECT book for storytime. I just did a Fox themed storytime and really struggled to find a books that weren't super text heavy, that toddlers and preschoolers could enjoy. The kids would really like this book and love trying to find Baby on each page. I'll be adding this to my Fox storytime book list for
Barbra
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This simple picture book with charming illustrations follows mom and dad fox as they search for their baby. A wonderful book to share with toddlers as it explores the concepts of inside, outside, up and over. Fun creatures can be found on each page and of course we can always spot baby hiding among them. Young children will love the hide and seek aspect to the story and will most likely ask for it to be read over and over.
Jared White
I think this would be a really fun book to read one-on-one or one-on-two. Little readers would enjoy helping to find Baby in each picture spread. Also, Baby is normally reacting to what Papa is about to encounter, which allows for some good questions your little listener about what is going on in the book.
Nicole
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
First, I love the illustrations that were done with ballpoint pen & colored pencil! Secondly, what a cute book! What kid doesn't hide from their parent(s) in plain sight & the parents play along with it like they don't see the kid?! I think little readers will love this book and they will love finding baby fox in every picture! Can't wait for my patrons to read this one.
Austin Gullett
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
A silly, mildly interactive book with plenty of fun Storytime potential. Kids love to point out hidden characters and answer the questions that characters pose (it’s basically the entire premise of Dora the Explorer).
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A papa fox spends all day looking for baby fox, not realizing that baby fox is behind him the whole time (or if he does realize it, he's playing along). Very funny and charming as he asks all sorts of animals if they are his baby.
Cadie Sommer
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Where's Baby is an easy read that my students who are emerging readers would devour. The pictures are adorable and help with the story and the ending will have my students enjoying this book multiple times.
Tricia
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Really fun to read aloud, a hit at bedtime.
KDV
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Charming and quite amusing!
Mary
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute story and lovely illustrations! Good read-aloud for 3-5 y/o.
Elizabeth
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For the very young. Adorable father and son fox playing where's baby? Nice take on the game.
Leila
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Great book for the young ones.
Nancy
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spring-2020
Thanks Becca!
Amanda
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
This baby fox is hiding in plain sight, and older children with patience for this slightly too long book will enjoy pointing the "baby" out.
Jae
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great for toddler/preschool sharing, and I really like the scribbly pen style of illustrations--it feels unique in the vast landscape of clean digital illustration.
Molly
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super cute book with great art.
JulieLaLa
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
New book into our library and it's lovely! Can't wait to read it out loud to kids.
Robin
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
The simplest of seek and find books, will delight toddlers and young preschoolers. Highly recommended for ages 1-3.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• In a Jar
  • Teddy Bear of the Year
  • The Girl and the Dinosaur
  • Snakes on the Job
  • Old Rock (Is Not Boring)
  • Just Because
  • Story Boat
  • One Fox: A Counting Book Thriller
  • Bad Dog
  • Ho'onani: Hula Warrior
  • The Love Letter
Anne Hunter is an illustrator and children's book author. Most of her books are nature related. She was born in South Florida but now makes her home in Vermont.