Start by marking “Fortune Furlough (Miss Fortune Mystery #14)” as Want to Read:
Fortune Furlough (Miss Fortune Mystery #14)

Fortune Furlough

(Miss Fortune Mystery #14)

It’s not a vacation until there’s a murder.

Fortune, Ida Belle, and Gertie are finally off to Florida on the vacation they’ve always talked about. Days filled with white sand, turquoise water, and fruity drinks are the only thing on the agenda. But when Gertie’s “hot date” turns up dead and she’s the number one suspect, they’re forced to hang up their bathing suits and sh
Published April 14th 2019 by J&R Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fortune Furlough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fortune Furlough

Start your review of Fortune Furlough (Miss Fortune Mystery #14)
JoAn
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
I can always count on Ms. Deleon to provide a fast paced story filled with laughter and adventure for Fortune, Ida Belle and Gertie. My vacations are never this much fun. I love this series.
Sandee
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps delivering laughter, action and great situations. The girls are on vacation and from the first chapter, I was laughing. The situations and mystery are all great. I did miss Carter and Walter though.
Lisa Hudson
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER THRILLING ADVENTURE!

Fortune, Ida Belle & Gertie have decided to take a vacation deep in Southern Florida. Fortune just wants to kick back & relax for the first time in her life. What are the chances of that? When you read what Gertie has packed you know trouble will come calling! Only know one could EVER dream up this much trouble & confusion! It’s difficult to run interception because they’re in Florida & not in Sinful. Good thing Carter has connections & Fortune & Ida Belle are still a
Susan
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud fun!

I always love a Fortune, Ida Belle, and Gertie adventure! And Fortune Furlough was just that and more. Laugh out loud fun that I couldn’t put down!
Tiffany Field
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
More shenanigans

I love these books, but I feel they have gotten a little lost for direction. There is no bigger picture to fight towards and each new book is reading a little like a TV crime show. Don't get me wrong, I adore these books, but they were better when she had a purpose, like hiding from a drug lord. Also - I do not feel the chemistry between Carter & Fortune, feels like a boring relationship that holds no interest for readers anymore...
Good laughs with Swamp Team 3 however, still lo
Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review)
Can Jana DeLeon allow Fortune to have a stress free, body free holiday? Err the answer to that is NO!

Pretty much since Fortune, Ida Belle and Gertie admitted to each other their past/current lives they decided that once Fortune was safe they would head somewhere warm, drink drinks with funny fruit and umbrellas, wear swimsuits and just RELAX.  The latter part manages to last until the first full morning when a) they see what Gertie is wearing and b) when Gertie almost drowns! (err losing her top
Amy
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it

Initially nothing but the usual cacophony of cringe-worthy cliches. Gertie and her string bikini takes up waaaayyyyyy too much space.
Like, the whole first half of the novel too much space. Jokes depend heavily on logic like "old people are gross!" and "nerds don't know how to talk to hot girls!" Sigh.
Further, the plot just peters out as Gertie, Idea Belle, and Fortune run around trying to dig up clues without their usual network. I really thought this might be my first Miss Fortune My
Anastasia
Fortune Furlough by Jana Deleon is the 14th book in the Miss Fortune Mystery series. Fortune, Ida Belle and Gertie finally set off for their Florida vacation, only to have Gertie's hot date on their first night found murdered the next morning with Gertie as chief suspect. I love this series and this book is nor exception. You are always guaranteed to have a fun time with plenty of laughs along the way. A wonderful and very entertaining mystery.
Belly
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t get enough of this series.

Jana could churn one Fortune book out each week, & i’d still be clamouring for more.
Murder and mayhem have fallen into Fortune, Ida Bell & Gertie’s laps again. This time on their week long vacation. Instead of a week on the beach eating, drinking and watching Gertie be ridiculous. They’ve got scammers, murders and drug runners. Just another typical day!
Jackie
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads, mystery
This was the perfect read for the beach!

“Fortune Furlough” finds Swamp Team 3 on a much needed vacation in Florida but when someone they just met ends up dead and Gertie as the prime suspect they must put their plans on hold to make sure that they all make it back to Sinful in one piece.

This is a plot very similar to one we’ve seen before only with a few tweaks to make it fit the world outside of Sinful but it not going to complain because at the end of the day it was a nice fun read that I fi
Jan Meigs Pilon
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. I am addicted to this series. I love the fun, quirky characters and the bizarre situations they get into. I would love to see this as a TV series. It has humor, action and intrigue.
Anita
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Swamp Team 3 takes it on the road to a resort in Florida for a vacation. Hum. Sun, booze, Gertie getting caught up in a murder with Ida Belle and Fortune coming to the rescue. Yeah, that sounds about right. Love this series and it was the perfect book for my own lakeside vacation.
Debbie Croff
Funny as hell!

I love all of the Miss Fortune boos, but this is the best one yet! It's laugh out loud funny!
Angie Anderson
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome as usual.

From sand buckets to bailing buckets needed, this story is great. Jana Deleon has delivered yet another Fortune Redding tale worth reading over and over again.
Kelly Young
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Highly entertaining! Every chapter includes lots of laughs. The story is fast paced and keeps you guessing as to who did it right to the end. Jana DeLeon never disappoints.
Minx
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series is hands down one of my favorite ever! I laugh out loud every single time I read any of these books. Such an entertaining story!! I hope this series never ends. I love it!
Sharon
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: whodunnit, e-books
I've been reading a lot of heavy stuff lately (have you noticed?). I needed something light, and was thrilled that the new Miss Fortune mystery was out.

Fortune, Gertie, and Ida Belle decide to take a vacation together. So, they rent a condo in the Florida Keys and prepare for two full weeks of rest and relaxation. When Gertie meets a gentleman, there is a lot of eye-rolling ... until the gentleman winds up dead and Gertie's in the sights of the local lawman. When it turns out that the dead guy h
Jacy Wade
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This latest book in the Miss Fortune series is the best one yet. I started laughing from the first few pages and barely stopped. Fortune, Gertie and Ida Bell are having a well needed beach vacation in the Florida Keys, what could go wrong? Everything.
The murder mystery is great, you won’t guess who-dunnit until the end when Swamp Team 3 finally figures it out. Do yourself a favor and read this today!
JadeShea
In this one, Fortune and her friends go on vacation, but things go from bad to worse when Gertie gets a date, and the date ends up dead. Now, Fortune must figure out who killed the man before Gertie gets put in the slammer.

This book was hilarious! It had a great mystery and kept me highly entertained during the whole book. I love how funny this series is, and I can't wait for more now. I do hope something changes with Ida Bell though, sometimes I worry about her.
Eden
2020 bk 107: Vacation. For the Swamp Team 3, a vacation visit to a key in Florida is supposed to include rest time on the beach, dips in the water, and fruity drinks with umbrellas. However, when Gertie goes on a date, one who dies shortly after leaving her, they are pulled into solving the crime before Gertie is locked up. This book has some of the funniest scenes - flying flamingos, poison ivy spread on a con man's bedsheets, deep sea fishing with the trio. The ending did surprise me and only ...more
Alisia Soles
Loved it

True to form, Swamp Team 3 are at it again. Finally, the team gets their vacation, but we all know what that means. Another murder and mystery with our favorite characters stuck right in the middle of it. So many hilarious moments! Must read!
Janeann
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great Miss Fortune Mystery!

The Miss Fortune series is wonderful! You can’t read each book just once. Plan on laughing out loud throughout each book.
Angela Rainwater
Awesome

I was giggling within the first three pages! The swamp team 3 is still as hilarious as ever! Thank you Jana!
Loved it

I love this series and the way it ended makes it even harder to wait for the next one! I can’t wait!
Debbie
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoy reading this series, I laugh out loud at their antics! Really good fun read!
Katherine
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible
I was listening to this in bed and had a hard time keeping my giggles from waking my husband. Such a fun series.
S
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once again the trio of crime sleuths gets in trouble and their actions to get them out of trouble are comical, entertaining and will make you laugh out loud. Always enjoy reading this series.
Jillian
5 Stars! Fortune Furlough is book 14 in A Miss Fortune Mystery series. The series is set in Sinful, Louisiana, USA and follows Fortune, who up until book 12 was a CIA assassin in hiding, and old ladies Gertie and Ida Belle, who are lifelong Sinful residents and ex-spy war veterans, as they help solve a string of various crimes and murders. In this book, the ladies take a trip to Florida so we have a whole new setting for our investigation of who-dun-it.

This series is the first series of Cozy My
Cherri
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best yet

I loved this book. It was so very funny and the plot was great. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Anne
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed FF, as I have the rest of the series that the library has. So far, the Swamp team's antics haven't bored me, but I can understand why some of the reviewers are getting tired of the same old, same old. I was, however, expecting this story to be a little lighter and even more fun cause they're on VACATION! It is nice the way it starts out with everyone's idea of vacation wear, but the giddiness reverts to the usual murder and action. Not that that is bad, I wouldn't have read about 10 of ...more

• Nearly Departed (Miss Fortune World & Sinful Stories Book 1)
  • Fortune and Glory (Miss Fortune World Book 2)
  • Fortune and Fame (Miss Fortune World Book 1)
  • Mutiny on the Bayou (Miss Fortune World: Sinful Stories Book 2)
  • Fortune and Pride (Miss Fortune World Book 3)
  • Mystery Night Murder (Merry Wrath #10)
  • The Fish Bomb Caper (Miss Fortune World)
  • Nearly Beloved (Miss Fortune World: Sinful Stories Book 4)
  • Leaving Sinful (Miss Fortune)
  • Murder on the Sinful Express (Miss Fortune World: Sinful Stories Book 7)
  • Happy Birthday, Marge (Miss Fortune World: Sinful Spirits Book 1)
  • A Blooming Fortune (Miss Fortune World)
  • The Body in Witch Elm (Miss Fortune Series)
  • Sinful Alibi (Miss Fortune World: Sinful Past Book 2)
  • Rematch (Miss Fortune World: Sinful Stories Book 5)
  • Bayou Easter (Miss Fortune World: Bayou Cozy Romantic Thrills Book 4)
  • Overdue (Miss Fortune World: Sinful Stories Book 3)
  • Undercover (Miss Fortune World: Sinful Past Book 1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jana DeLeon was raised in southwest Louisiana among the bayous and gators. Her hometown is Carlyss, but you probably won't find it on a map. Her family owned a camp located on a bayou just off the Gulf of Mexico that you could only get there by boat. The most important feature was the rope hammock hanging in the shade on a huge deck that stretched ou ...more

Miss Fortune Mystery (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Louisiana Longshot (Miss Fortune Mystery, #1)
  • Lethal Bayou Beauty (Miss Fortune Mystery #2)
  • Swamp Sniper (Miss Fortune Mystery, #3)
  • Swamp Team 3 (Miss Fortune Mystery, #4)
  • Gator Bait (Miss Fortune Mystery, #5)
  • Soldiers of Fortune (Miss Fortune Mystery, #6)
  • Hurricane Force (Miss Fortune Mystery #7)
  • Fortune Hunter (Miss Fortune Mystery #8)
  • Later Gator (Miss Fortune Mystery #9)
  • Hook, Line and Blinker (Miss Fortune Mystery #10)