Start by marking “The Green Bride Guide: How to Create an Earth-Friendly Wedding on Any Budget” as Want to Read:
The Green Bride Guide: How to Create an Earth-Friendly Wedding on Any Budget

The Green Bride Guide: How to Create an Earth-Friendly Wedding on Any Budget

A beautiful and sustainable wedding for the environmentally conscious couple!

For an original and actionable guide to creating your dream green wedding, The Green Bride Guide has everything eco-conscious couples need to make their big day a wonderful, and eco-friendly, celebration. Emphasizing elegance and individual taste on every budget, this has the essential environme
Published December 1st 2008 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about The Green Bride Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Green Bride Guide

One Perfect Day by Rebecca MeadOffbeat Bride by Ariel Meadow StallingsMiss Manners' Guide to a Surprisingly Dignified Wedding by Judith MartinA Practical Wedding by Meg KeeneAnti-Bride Etiquette Guide by Carolyn Gerin
Wedding Books
183 books — 43 voters
Silent Spring by Rachel CarsonCradle to Cradle by William McDonoughThe Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael PollanThe Urban Homestead (Expanded & Revised Edition) by Kelly CoyneThe Story of Stuff by Annie Leonard
Being "Green"
286 books — 211 voters

More lists with this book...

Erin O'sullivan
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great tool for folks looking to plan a sustainable wedding/shindig!
Victoria Klein
Aug 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
When I was young, I dreamed about having one of those big, fancy weddings that you see in celebrity magazines … until my parents got divorced when I was 9. After that, the idea of marriage was deeply tainted for me. Even after meeting my current beau of 4 years, I wasn’t sure if marriage was ever going to be the right thing for me.

Thankfully, I’ve found a love that makes me feel safe and inspired – truly marriage material. He hasn’t proposed yet, but we have talked a lot about it and we both kno
Abigail
Jan 13, 2011 rated it liked it
This book is an excellent resource for planning any kind of event--wedding, anniversary, bris, whatever. And, it is also a pretty good guide for being more environmentally conscious in day-to-day life. For example, the book provides a comprehensive list of eco-friendly clothing fabric, "green" beverages and foods, and so on. The author also does a good job of explaining *why* a source is good or bad for the environment.

This book is very comprehensive, informative, and user-friendly. However, it
Kathy
Jul 18, 2009 rated it liked it
This is definitely a handy reference, however I found many of the sites and places listed could be found with a little bit of effort using my favorite online search tool, Google. Although the information was slightly dated, it probably has more to do with when it was written, not the credibility of the author.

In general, I do like this book because it condenses information together in a small neat, easy to carry around package. It is also written in a straightforward, simple manner and broken do
Emily
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: wedding
Yeah, this one didn't really do it for me. I didn't even finish skimming. The biggest turn-off was that I felt it was very, very preachy. I mean, if I picked up a book with this title, chances are I'm already in the choir, you don't need to keep convincing me. And I shouldn't have to feel guilty if, say, renting a bus for all my guests to get to the wedding site is out of my budget. The title says any budget, but I'm not sure I agree. Overall, I just wasn't pleased or inspired.
Jul 28, 2011 added it
Shelves: nonfiction
Fantastic! I can't recomend this book highly enough to anyone trying to plan a green wedding. It is so smart and comprehensive, full of useful ideas and really centered in being eco-friendly but the author isn't looking to pick at you or judge you for not being eco-perfect. A great resource for all indie brides.
Molly
Mar 01, 2010 rated it it was ok
There were a few interesting observations, but overall, I didn't think this was very practical. It says for any budget, but... not really. And the examples that she drops from her own wedding make it clear that she had a fancy schmancy wedding, which due to my own prejudices immediately turns me off. I hoped it would be more diy, I guess.
Becky
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good links to websites to check out for materials and whatnots. Also includes real info about what types of foods are happier than others, info about jewelry sourcing, etc. More comprehensive than the "everything" guide.
Ashley Binder
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Some helpful green tips for any budget
Amanda Grey
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I really enjoyed learning how to create an Eco friendly wedding and I can't wait to implement some of these ideas into my own wedding!
Melissa
Apr 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wedding
Very focused on earth-friendly wedding ideas. The latest in green bridal entertainment!
Heather
Sep 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great advice, incredibly useful. Definitely pick this one up, ladies.
Telea
Jul 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Don't get me wrong I liked the book and the tips. But I'm an environmentally conscious person to begin with and pretty much all of her tips were things I had already considered.
Mandy  Hornsby
Jun 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
My review on my blog... www.mandynlaw.blogspot.com
Mandy
Jul 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: wedding, non-fiction
No, I am not dressing Chris in a hemp suit.
Jamie