Start by marking “I Know Who You Are” as Want to Read:
I Know Who You Are

I Know Who You Are

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  10,736 ratings  ·  2,124 reviews
Meet Aimee Sinclair: the actress everyone thinks they know but can’t remember where from.

Except one person.

Someone knows Aimee very well.

They know who she is and they know what she did.

When Aimee comes home and discovers her husband is missing, she doesn’t seem to know what to do or how to act. The police think she’s hiding something and they’re right, she is—but perhaps
Expected publication: April 21st 2020 by Flatiron Books (first published April 23rd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about I Know Who You Are, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Cindy Ehrenreich
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Reader I agree. Made no sense.…moreI agree. Made no sense. (less)

·  10,736 ratings  ·  2,124 reviews

Start your review of I Know Who You Are
Emily May
May 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What the fuck?

Sorry, but this book just doesn't... work. To be fair, my reaction to Feeney's Sometimes I Lie was pretty much "what the fuck?" as well, but in a really good way. She has once again managed to pull out an out-of-this-world twist, but here it is so ludicrous that I felt like laughing instead of gasping in shock.

I was bit turned off with this one right away, if I'm honest. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting tired of this meta style of narration where the unreliable
Susanne  Strong
4 Crazy Unbelievable Stars! Thank you to #Goodreads-Giveaway, Flatiron Books and Alice Feeney for a copy of this ARC!

How very Interesting!

Alice Feeney sure knows how to give a person heart palpitations
- you know, the kind that make you feel like your heart is going to burst out of your chest and rise right up out of you? Yeah, those.

Aimee Sinclair is an actress everyone thinks they know but can’t remember where from. Someone, however knows Aimee very well, perhaps even better than she knows
j e w e l s
Kaceey
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes a book immediately resonates, and you know you’re in for a great ride! This was one of those books!

Aimee is an up-and-coming movie starlet! Everything is falling into place for her...at least professionally. Her home life however, could use a little Hollywood magic. Her husband has grown distant as her star-power has risen, leaving him in the shadows.

After a long day of shooting on the set, Aimee returns home to find her husband missing. His wallet, phone and shoes still in the home.
Maureen
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Aimee Sinclair is an actress on the verge of stardom, but she hasn’t always been Aimee, she was once a little girl with another name. Aimee’s life is about to take off on a whirlwind of twists and turns, but just kick back and experience this roller coaster ride of a journey with her!

Aimee’s husband Ben has gone missing, his keys and cellphone are on the dining table but it’s unlikely that he’d leave them behind. They’d had a huge fight the night before in which they both said some pretty awful
Michelle
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Last year I read Alice Feeney's debut, Sometimes I Lie, and it blew my mind. When I won her latest, I Know Who You Are, in a Goodreads giveaway I was beyond ecstatic. I'm thrilled to say that there is no sophomore slump here.

Aimee Sinlcair is an up-and-coming movie starlet that is married to Ben. After returning home from a shoot one evening it appears that her husband isn't home but she isn't completely surprised as they had had a roaring fight the evening before. So why is his cell phone,
Chelsea Humphrey
May 13, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. Sorry, but this was not for me. CW for just about everything you can imagine, but I can’t list here for fear of spoiling the outrageous, over the top ending, but if you’re sensitive to graphic child abuse, give this a wide berth.
Joey R.
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.0 Stars— So how do you rate a book that held me entranced throughout, that exemplified a brilliant writing style and caused me to take multiple breaks at work so I could find out what would happen next? But, when all of this greatness is coupled with one of the most ridiculous, unbelievable finales that left me completely flabbergasted that such a great novel by such a talented writer could end that badly, it leaves you uncertain as to whether you should recommend this book to others. That is ...more
Kelly (and the Book Boar)

I already wasted my time reading this, so that's pretty much all you're going to get aside from mentioning the shock and awe twist at the end? Stupid. And gross. Easily the worst thing I've read so far this year.
Travel.with.a.book
Feeney's style is so unique and she knows the best way to impress us, her new book I KNOW WHO YOU ARE is a perfection full of unexpected dark twists and great drama!
You can tell when a psychological thriller is great when you have no clue what's going on or who's doing what! Alice is the best when it comes to thrillers and we have enjoyed her book so much! She has merged different topics in very mixed and difficult emotions to swallow, her way of elaborating the acts is so great written it
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
This book is an excellent read. I like the distinction between the voice of an adult Aimee and the voice of a five year old Aimee. I like following adult Aimee’s thought process because there are many good advices especially because she’s an insecure person. The kid Aimee reminds me of a children’s series called Amelia Bedelia where she doesn’t know the idioms of such things as hold your horses as in wait a moment instead of actually holding a horse. I like the surprise point of view when the ...more
Amanda
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Alice Feeney’s other book “Sometimes I Lie” which was a 5 star rating from me, so I had high hopes for this book!!

Aimee Sinclair is an actress married to Ben, when she returns home from her daily jog she discovers that Ben has disappeared leaving his wallet, shoes, phone and coat behind.

Aimee is used to acting the part and seems to be hiding a big secret!! The police suspect her of harming Ben as they have video evidence of them arguing in a restaurant and her slapping him in the face.
Dita
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ready-when-i-am
As a huge fan of "Sometimes I Lie", Alice Feeney's debut novel, I was eagerly awaiting this one. I'm going do this with no spoilers but whew....

Aimee Sinclair is a B-list actress who has a vicious argument with her husband and comes home from work the next day to find that he has vanished. Aimee doesn't know where to turn next because she has too many secrets of her own to be as transparent with the police as she needs to be to keep herself from becoming a suspect. No worries, soon enough they
Linda
More air bubbles than a glass of champagne.....at least the champagne has quite the kick and you know you'll be getting a decent buzz. Hardly that in this one.

I Know Who You Are is a double layer of the missing. Aimee Sinclair, an up and coming actress of questionable talent, comes home to find her husband Ben missing. It's as if aliens have beamed him up (now that may have been a more interesting storyline) with his car, wallet, and phone all left behind. Aimee calls the police and the lead
Nilufer Ozmekik
4.25 OMG, what did I just read, this is so twisted and mind bending stars!
I enjoyed the writer’s previous book, Sometimes I Lie! She develops paranoid characters who hardly differentiate between illusions and reality so great, makes you question every detail about the story and baaaam she brings out her final twist, you start to stare at the walls with your mouth agape! Because you can never and ever see this coming!!!

Aimee Sinclair is an actress. She is expert to hide her past by building walls
Dennis
May 13, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Without a doubt, the worst book I've ever read. I can't even go any further, but the ending is a total WTF, in a bad way. Everyone loves a good twist, but not when it's completely unbelievable and far-fetched.

description
Meredith B.  (readingwithmere)
5 TWISTY DARK THRILLING STARS

Lying is what I do for a living. It's what I'm best at; becoming somebody else. The yes are the only part of me I still recognize in the mirror, starting out beneath the made-up person. Another character, another story, another lie.

HOLY. MOLY. WHAT. DID. I. JUST. READ. This was a WILD ride. I read Alice Feeney's Sometimes I lie last year and it was one of my top 5 reads of the year. It definitely set the bar high for this one but I can deny that this was so good.

Julie (JuJu)
This book received so many mixed reviews, I wasn’t sure about reading it. But, wow...that cover (the black one)!! Alice Feeney’s debut received such great praise, expectations were high. Fortunately I haven’t read it yet, so no expectations here!

I’m happy to say I was hooked from the start. The story was good, but the way it was told was the most enjoyable part. Feeney’s writing is superb and her ability to construct such creative twists is amazing! Some described the ending as unbelievable or
sue
Every weekend no matter what I’m reading I take a book from my own personal pile (as opposed to my review books) and this is the one I chose.

I can only say I may be sitting on the fence here coming down neither one side or the other.

The concept of the book wasn’t original. Reading so many books each year as reviewers do we are bound to come up against similarly written books.
But this really is mash between a mystery, contemporary book and thriller plus “whodunnit”.

It sadly didn’t inspire me to
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
This was one of the books I was most excited to read this year, and sadly I ended up really disappointed with it! I buddy read this one with Jayme, and we were exchanging guesses about what was happening, and ended up guessing the ending of this one pretty early on. That alone wouldn’t have been a huge deal, but I *hated* the ending. I don’t want to give away any spoilers, so this will probably be annoyingly vague, but the ending was so implausible to me that it made it hard for me to rate this ...more
Krystin Rachel
Book Blog | Bookstagram

Opening Hook: Phone, keys, wallet
Main Character: JUST ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTIONS!
Plot Twisty-ness:

What in the actual fuck?

Why did you do this to me, Feeney?!

Sometimes I Lie was one of my more favourite reads last year, so I was pretty pumped up to read the second offering from this author, but unfortunately, I’m W-T-F-ing all over the place with this one.

I mean, seriously. Why? Why that ending?

I should have fucking known I was going to be disappointed by this.

Clue
Jayme
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-suspense
Unpopular opinion alert!!

“Sometimes I Lie” was a 5 star read for me, so I could not wait to get my hands on this book. It was originally titled “Sometimes I Kill” and with the way that the last book ended, I thought we might be in for a sequel..but, that is not the case.

Aimee Sinclair is an actress, on the verge of becoming a star, but she is not really comfortable being in the limelight.

“Not everybody wants to be somebody. Some people just want to be somebody else. Acting is easy; it’s being
Ken
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know it’s a slight cliche but I really couldn’t put this down, I had to force myself to stop as it was getting late and finished it in the morning.

An engaging twisty thriller that has a simple but effective plot and a likeable main protagonist.

The story follows actress Aimee Sinclair who’s husband has disappeared. Initially thinking it was just a fallout from an argument the previous evening, Aimee soon realises that the situation is more serious once their joint bank card is declined.
Lisa-Books Smiles
Nope. Why does this keep happening to me? I love an author's debut novel (ex: Sometimes I Lie) and can't wait to get my grabby hands on their next novel...just to be left disappointed.
Jess☺️
I know Who You Are by Alice Feeney is my first by this author and I'm definitely interested in reading other books of hers.
I know Who You Are is the book you read that after every chapter your left with that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach and the need to quickly turn to the next page.
It's a perfect tense filled psychological thriller Ideal for that easy summer read.
I also needed a little more as i felt a few things were left unanswered but it's still a book I would recommend
Veronica ⭐️
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
5 shocking, gripping Stars.
Aimee is an up and coming actress. She has always been an introvert but when she is acting she can be someone else. She is very good at acting in front of and away from the camera. One night she arrives home after a long day on the set to find her husband missing. He has gone out without his car, wallet and phone. They’d had an argument the night before. Surely she couldn’t have killed him! Could she?

“The lies we tell ourselves are always the most dangerous”

I do love
Gabby
Thanks to Flat Iron Books for the ARC!
This was one hell of a ride. I was enjoying the hell out of this book and had so many predictions and every single chapter ended on a cliffhanger and I thought it was excellent.. until that final plot twist.

This book follows an actress named Aimee Sinclair who’s husband has recently gone missing, and their shared bank account has been emptied. In alternating chapters we get flashbacks of Aimee’s horrific childhood (view spoiler)
Jamie beauty_andthebook_
ALICE FEENEY HOW DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS STUFF!!!!!! I seriously applaud the creativity of a writer who manages to write a completely different book stylistically on their sophomore effort and still wow me. I was absolutely hooked on this book from the beginning and had no clue where it was headed - and honestly, that’s my favorite kind of twisty - when I just don’t know where it could go and the outcome is even more OH EM GEE than I could guess...

Okay, enough rambling. I’m not telling you a
Zuky the BookBum
I NEED IT, I NEED IT!!

We've got a whole 384 days to wait for this novel!! I can't wait that long!!

• The Night Before
  • Never Have I Ever
  • The Family Upstairs
  • Someone Knows
  • Before She Was Found
Alice Feeney is an author and former BBC journalist. Her debut novel, Sometimes I Lie, was a New York Times and international bestseller. It has been translated into over twenty languages, and is being made into a TV series by Ellen DeGeneres and Warner Bros. starring Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Alice has lived in London and Sydney and has now settled in the Surrey countryside, where she lives with her
“Ignorance isn’t bliss; it’s fear postponed to a later date.” 5 likes
“Sometimes it only takes one person to believe in you to change your life forever. Sometimes it only takes one person not believing in you to destroy it.” 4 likes