Start by marking “Savage Messiah: How Dr. Jordan Peterson Is Saving Western Civilization” as Want to Read:
Savage Messiah: How Dr. Jordan Peterson Is Saving Western Civilization

Savage Messiah: How Dr. Jordan Peterson Is Saving Western Civilization

A fascinating biography and in-depth look at the work of bestselling writer and psychologist Dr. Jordan Peterson, by award-winning author Jim Proser.

Who is psychologist, professor, bestselling author, and YouTube personality Dr. Peterson? What does he believe in? Who are his followers? And why is he so controversial? These are among the many questions raised in this
Published January 21st 2020 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Savage Messiah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savage Messiah

Start your review of Savage Messiah: How Dr. Jordan Peterson Is Saving Western Civilization
Cindy Rollins
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 As an unexpected fan of Jordan Peterson's 12 Rules for Life I was happy to accept an ARC from St. Martin's Press of this new Peterson biography by Jim Prosser.

Peterson is, as expected, quite a character and compiling these stories from his quest for truth must have been intriquing. The writing style is casual and friendly and not hard to read although it does not reach the level of great writing. If you are fascinated by Peterson (who isn't?) then this book is a great place to examine what
Benoit Lelièvre
Dec 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is not good.

Well, let me rephrase that. I would call this well-written if it was North Korean propaganda. What I meant to say is that this book is absolutely crazy. How crazy exactly?

Crazy enough that if I'm Jordan Peterson and I read this, I go: "How is this supposed to help people understand who I am and what I do exactly? I come off like an intellectually challenged person." In the epilogue, it is said that Peterson liked the book... which explains a thing or two.

The first hundred pages
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read Jordan Peterson’s book, 12 Rules for Life, after reading a review of it in the Wall Street Journal. I knew nothing about the man, but enjoyed the book and recommended it to friends and family. This biography gave background on much of the content of 12 Rules for Life, and explained why Dr. Peterson has been vilified by a number of academics. Interesting and enlightening overall.
Cat
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve been hearing and seeing more of Jordan Peterson lately so I was excited to review this biography by Jim Proser. Mr. Peterson is a fascinating person, but I found many sections of this book confusing. I believe it may be more because of the writing style than the subject. The chain of thought was disjointed, causing me some confusion as I moved through the chapters. But I think the author did a good job of putting a human person behind the Jordan Peterson façade. He talks about the strong ...more
Kristin Marie
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I received and ARC of this book from St. Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review.

Let's talk a moment about what I didn't like since that list is much shorter.

1) The biography jumped around in many places that didn't make sense. There were parts where I sat pondering why this information was added when it doesn't add to the story of Jordan Peterson's life.

2) I'm not huge into politics, and I believe those sections were where the story dragged for me. That one is just a personal
Tom
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from St. Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review. Briefly, "Savage Messiah" is both hagiography and demonography. The book title serves doubly as a description of Jordan Peterson's mythological self-understanding as well as of his polarized public reception. He is to most observers either a savage or a messiah. Dr. Peterson does not apply mythological importance uniquely to himself but rather accepts his responsibility to speak truthfully about the savagery and ...more
Jolene
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I'm so glad I read this book. I began following Dr Peterson when l seen him in an episode of Tucker Carlson. I was instantly intrigued by Dr Peterson opinions and teachings. This book gave me a deeper insight on what has helped form Dr Peterson 's views. As well as a better look at his personal life. I think any followers of Dr Peterson will enjoy this book.
JR Snow
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. Jordan Peterson is a fascinating person. I read it easily and quickly. There are but a few quibbles with the writing style; and it doesn't quite live up to the billing.

Fuller review coming soon. I'll link it here when written.
Rodrigo
Oct 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
i'll pick up this book along with peterson's new edition of 12 rules for life 13 rules for life (#13: don't get addicted to clonazepam).
Robert Kruell
rated it did not like it
Oct 22, 2019
Dec 19, 2019
Michael
Jan 02, 2020

• The Right Side of History: How Reason and Moral Purpose Made the West Great
  • If You Tell: A True Story of Murder, Family Secrets, and the Unbreakable Bond of Sisterhood
  • Gift from the Sea
  • Regretting You
  • The Lost Words
  • The Nanny
  • Eldest (The Inheritance Cycle, #2)
  • The Crucible
  • The Complete Works
  • Plainsong (Plainsong, #1)
  • The Butterfly Girl (Naomi Cottle, #2)
  • The Janes (Alice Vega #2)
  • In the Dark Streets Shineth: A 1941 Christmas Eve Story