Start by marking “The Split” as Want to Read:

The Split

Tense, gripping and with a twist you won't see coming, Sharon Bolton is back in an explosive new standalone thriller about a woman on the run in The Split.

Expected publication: April 28th 2020 by Minotaur Books

Availability: 50 copies available, 41 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 17 - Mar 02, 2020

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Split, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Split

Start your review of The Split
    Nilufer Ozmekik
    Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Click! Click! Click! This is the sound of my fingers downloading or ordering this fantastic author’s previous books and this “BANG! BANG! BANG!” sound is coming from my head’s contact with the wall. Yes, I’m literally hitting my heavy head for waiting too long to devour those mind bending thrillers!

Split is my dreamy combination consists of an action-packed dark Nordic thriller-ish start, psychological, brain cell frying ( I plan to donate my brain after finishing this book because I decided it
    Paromjit
    Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Sharon Bolton's latest psychological thriller drops the reader surprisingly in the magnificent Antarctic and the remote island of South Georgia. It might be an awe inspiring landscape but it is also deadly and forbidding, with its glaciers, ice, turbulent and stormy sea waters and dangerous melt-waters. Resident glaciologist, Dr Felicity Lloyd is part of a research team, currently pursuing a theory on plug holes and the draining of lake water. She is feeling the strain as she awaits the last ...more
    Sandy
    Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I have a long list of books to read, carefully stacked in proper order. Then I get a book by Sharon Bolton. And all my plans go out the window, along with the list. Every single time.

But here comes the hard part….writing a review. If you’ve read her stuff before, you know you rarely end up where you thought you would & I’ve learned to go in with a healthy dose of paranoia. Her plots are like those puzzles with 1000 tiles…you never know which piece might change the whole picture. In fact, my
    Debra
    Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: netgalley
    3.5/375 stars rounded up

You can't hide from your secrets...

Felicity Lloyd is about breath a big sigh of relief when the remote Island of South Georgia is about to have its last boat of the summer. She has been anxiously searching the guest lists to make sure a certain name is not upon it. She lives in fear that her ex-husband, Freddie will find her. She is working on the remote island for two reasons 1. She loves what she does (she's a glaciologist) and 2. Freddie was just released from prison
    Michelle
    Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley-arcs
    This book is broken down into four parts and I will share my reading experience on all of them:

Part One: South Georgia

We find Felicity on the island of South Georgia just off the coast of Antarctica where she is studying glaciers for the next two years. She appears nervous and frightened whenever an incoming ship arrives. We know she is running from something or someone and she fears that something or someone is coming for her.

To be honest, I found Part One a little boring and I struggled to
    Carolyn
    Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I wish to thank NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for this riveting, engaging advance digital copy of The Split. Whenever there is a new psychological mystery by Sharon Bolton I neglect housework, activities, and it goes immediately to the list of next books to read. Her stand-alone novels, such as this one, have very different plots and moods. I knew I was in for an enjoyable and unique mystery with plenty of thrills. It provided me with an emotional impact.

I will mention some of the
    Diana
    Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Sharon Bolton never fails to make your imagination run wild ... and this one was no different. The book is broke out in 4 parts. The chapters are short and the pace was for the most part on point.

In Part 1 we get to know Felicity Lloyd and her dedicated work as a glaciologist along with a small reasearch team. The setting is on the South Georgia Islands between Falklands and Antarctia. Can you get any further out? She went as far as she could to try and disappear from ... him. You can feel her
    Renee (itsbooktalk)
    I'm going to think about my star ratings for this one...I'll have a review closer to pub date but friends, I really hate to say I was disappointed with this one. I love Sharon Bolton's writing so much and I've NEVER had one of her mysteries figured out...until now. If you've read a lot of mysteries and thrillers you might also figure this out or if you have a background in psychology (I do). On the plus side, I was happy to see Bolton's pace setting short chapters were present
    Liz Barnsley
    Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Brilliant. Messes with perception all the way then throws you into a nail biting finale.

Full review for publication.
    Laura Rash
    Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
    At first I didn’t quite get the vibe of this book but then I got totally immersed and never put it down. This story unfolds slowly but the ending is whiplash fast! Thanks to Minotaur for this early copy for review.
    Sally Boocock
    Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
    This book is like a runaway train. Starting nice and slow, gradually picking up pace until it's in full flight. It's a taut and thrilling novel , a lot of which is based in South Georgia where it is very very cold. I could feel the cold through the pages and was almost sinking into my chair at the end shouting Noo. Very well executed. I loved it.
    Nicole
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    as not expecting this book to open on the Island of Georgia wher Felicity is studying a possible ice plug underwater.
    Calm collected at her job it all seems to be going well.
    But then you get a sense of her underlying fear as they head back to base and she spies a cruise ship at the docks. One left to arrive for the season then she'll be safe?
    A letter holds the clue.

We jump back 9 months to Felicity in Cambridge. She has to be seen to try to want the counselling and get good feedback otherwise her
    Heather Fineisen
    Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
    Not Bolton' s best but even at sub par she's better than most. The two parts, one in Cambridge and one in Antarctica are well written but seemed unrelated. Plenty of murders of homeless people with few suspects including a geologist who specializes in glaciers. The scenes in Antarctica are descriptive and my favorite. Readable with memorable characters but fell short for me.

Copy provided by the Publisher and NetGalley
    Kat
    Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    What a brilliant psychological thriller from the super talented Sharon Bolton, loved, loved, loved it, raced through it and couldn’t put it down and what more do you need than that !!
    So we start in part one of the book on South Georgia island where Felicity Lloyd a geologist is working as a research scientist but Felicity is scared someone is coming for her and even in the remoteness of this isolated island it seems they may have found her and fearing for her life she decides to run.
    The book
    Regina Ross
    Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it
    RR Rating: 3 twisty-turny stars
    Format: Ebook*, 304 pgs., pub. 4/28/2020
    RR Synopsis: A young glaciologist from Cambridge takes an assignment on the remote Antarctic island of South Georgia to hide from her past, while her doctor tries to unravel the mysteries she left behind.
    RR POV: The great thing about Sharon Bolton’s thrillers are that they’re anything but conventional. Here we have a story that opens in Antarctica, and the setting is fantastic change of pace. It did take me a little while to
    Dawn
    Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I love Sharon Bolton. She is a thrilling author who has a great ability to create suspense.

This book is no different. She weaves a web of suspense around glacial researcher Felicity, who has traveled to the ends of the world to study and escape her harmful. paste. Meanwhile, people in the tiny town on South Georgia island are disappearing and a cruise ship is on the way with a name Felicity recognizes.

The book builds slowly, but has great twists.

Another winner from Sharon Bolton. If you have not
    Joyce
    Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    4 stars

Now that Felicity Lloyd's ex-husband is out of prison, she is terrified that he will find her. So terrified that she flees to Antarctica. She takes a job as a glaciologist with the British Research Station.

When the last tour boat of the summer arrives, she spots Freddie among the people and flees. She has told her co-workers at the station that she is going to Bird Island to study the fledglings. But she has really gone somewhere else. Terrified and alone, she begins to hear things that
    Claire Mawdesley
    No matter how far you run, some secrets will always catch up with you...

The remote Antarctic island of South Georgia is about to send off its last boat of the summer – which signifies safety to resident glaciologist Felicity Lloyd.

Felicity lives in fear – fear that her ex-husband Freddie will find her, even out here. She took a job on this isolated island to hide from him, but now that he's out of prison, having served a term for murder, she knows he won’t give up until he finds her.

But a doctor
    Lauren Kaznowski
    Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Kudos, Sharon Bolton. This book was one heck of a ride, and I loved every moment of it.

Felicity Lloyd isn’t your ordinary 28-year-old. Not only is she a glaciologist, but she also has a dangerous ex-husband that was recently released from prison and is hell-bent upon finding her. Living in sheer terror, she accepts a job at a station in South Georgia, a remote island in the southern Atlantic Ocean. For the most part, she begins to feel safe and loves her job, but then a letter arrives letting
    Sharon Sample
    Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    A word of advice when reading novels by Sharon Bolton: read ever sentence, paragraph, chapter very carefully. Bolton hides clues to the mystery in a clever, mind-bending manner. I didn't heed my own advice and realizing I'd missed something about half way through the book, I returned to the beginning and re-read big sections. Oh, now, I understand.

Felicity Lloyd is a frightened young woman, a talented glaciologist, who has fled her abusive husband to South Georgia, an island off the coast of
    Alison Richardson
    Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Felicity Lloyd is an expert in her field and lands a plum job with the British Antarctic Society on the remote island of South Georgia. However she has a troubled history and must first have some therapy to ensure she is psychologically fit to travel. Her therapist is Joe and he has grave concerns for Felicity. Joe also helps the homeless and when one of them is murdered it appears that Felicity may be involved. Felicity seems to believe she is being followed and is very frightened of events ...more
    Louise
    Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Ali
    Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
    This is my second Sharon Bolton and I will definitely be reading more of hers. I kind of figured out the twist about half way into it but that didn't stop it from being an awesome, what-comes-next read. I don't want to say much to give anything away but if you like a good thriller with a bit of police procedural and crazyness you will enjoy this one!
    Doug Yonce
    Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    The story is broken into parts, and the suspense builds with each. The book isn’t a fast read because you must read carefully so you don’t miss a thing that may be important later. Definitely a thriller. I received an advanced digital copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
    Mary
    Morwenna
    Ilene Harris
    Bc

• The Other People
    • Perfect Kill (D.I. Callanach, #6)
    • Watching from the Dark (DCI Jonah Sheens, #2)
    • The Finders (Mace Reid K-9 Mystery, #1)
    • Beast (Six Stories, #4)
    • Haven't They Grown
    • Darling Rose Gold
    • Hannah's War
    • You Are Not Alone
    • The Tenant
    • Little Doubt (DI Kelly Porter, #7)
    • If I Never Met You
    • Darkness for Light (Caleb Zelic, #3)
    • Shadow Man
    Sharon's newest book The Craftsman is now available for pre-order and is out on the 3rd May 2018 in the UK! PLUS Alive, a short story/prequel is available for FREE! (see Sharon's website http://www.deadgoodbooks.co.uk/dead-g...)
    Pre-order here now https://www.amazon.co.uk/Craftsman-Sh...

Sharon J Bolton was born and brought up in Lancashire, the eldest of three daughters. As a child, she dreamed of