Start by marking “You Are Not Alone” as Want to Read:
You Are Not Alone

You Are Not Alone

You probably know someone like Shay Miller.
She wants to find love, but it eludes her.
She wants to be fulfilled, but her job is a dead end.
She wants to belong, but her life is so isolated.

You probably don’t know anyone like the Moore sisters.
They have an unbreakable circle of friends.
They live the most glamorous life.
They always get what they desire.

Shay thinks she wants
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by St. Martin's Press

Start your review of You Are Not Alone
Chelsea Humphrey
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Chelsea by: St. Martin's Press
"Numbers never lie. Statistics, charts, percentages-they don't contain hidden agendas or shades of gray. They're pure and true. It isn't until people start meddling with them, spinning and shaping them, that they become dishonest."

Oof, this is a tough one to review, because there is such a small amount of content I can discuss here without taking away from your reading experience. I'm going to tiptoe around the spoiler mines planted throughout, and my goal is to leave you wanting to read the
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Aye aye aye I’m going off the rails on a crazy train! I started my review with the lyrics of Ozzy Osbourne’s “Crazy Train” song because this book is literally heart throbbing, thrilling ride!

Well, I have to admit three things: This evil genius duo can write a hell of an incredible book and know how to play twisty, dark, edgy mind games with you.
Second thing: I had to check several times and made sure that book is not Harley Quinn and gang members’ adventures because we have a team of badass,
marilyn
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
New Yorker, Shay, has always been obsessed with statistics and she's made them her career. Having lost her last full time job due to harassment, and her live-in boyfriend because he found someone else, Shay is now living with a male friend and working as a temp, while she looks for a new full time job. Shay is lonely and feels like a third wheel, as her roommate and his girlfriend clearly need more alone time, in their tiny apartment. Then Shay watches a woman commit suicide by jumping in front ...more
Elyse  Walters
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
NO SPOILERS....(rather, thoughts, feelings, tidbits and teasers)

“An orbit is a regular, repeating path that one object in space takes another one”. [this quote is not from this book...but it relates]...

This is the 3rd psychological thriller I’ve read by the power-team co-authors: Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen.

Greer and Sarah have matching T-shirts that say....”Better Together”. ( cute)...
Their philosophy about ‘togetherness-power’, in You Are Not Alone”, comes through loud and clear....yet
Tammy
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
After thinking about this, I’m going to say even less than usual. It’s best to go into it without knowing much. This way you will be as off balance as the main character is after she witnesses a violent suicide which happens early in the novel and provides the impetus for all that follows. Just like most thrillers you do have to believe some events that are a stretch but overall this is quite satisfying.
Erin
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Giveaway win!

A couple weeks ago I read The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen. I had low expectations but man I loved that book. It was fun, fast paced and I couldn't put it down.

So when I saw the giveaway for You Are Not Alone on Goodreads I immediately entered to win it.

AND I WON IT!!!!

Just like with The Wife Between Us, I feel like its best to go into this with as little info as possible. I read this knowing nothing. The back of the book gives you a 2 sentence blurb
Zoeytron
Copy furnished by Net Galley for the price of a review.

A seemingly random act of suicide witnessed by a young woman continues to haunt. Her name is Shay and she becomes obsessed with it, digging into the victim's past life to learn more. With an utter love for statistics, she logs numbers as they pertain. Numbers don't lie, you know. Without quite realizing how it happened, Shay is taken under the protective wings of a sort of sisterhood. What begins as a new lease on life becomes a slow twist
Jayme
If you meet two inseparable sisters by the names of Cassandra and Jane Moore...it will be by design, not by accident.

Like the movie, Ocean’s 8, (without a heist) the MANY female characters associated with the Moore sisters have their specialties, their disguises and their roles to play...

Shay, is a market researcher who sees the World through Statistics. She has been keeping data books since the age of eleven, the way other kids kept diaries. Numbers don’t lie.

There is a void in her life that
Michelle
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
Let me begin this review with stating that this is by far my favorite Greer Hendricks novel to date! So much fun!

Shay Miller is just your every day average woman trying to make it in NYC. She has a less than satisfying job and she lives with a room mate that she is secretly in love with and has to endure his girlfriends giggles in the next room making home the last place she wants to be.

While waiting at a train platform one day the unthinkable happens. She witnesses a lovely young woman jump to
megs_bookrack
Thank you, thank you, thank you, St. Martin's Press!!!

ARC received and I am looking forward to getting started!!

2020 is going to be a great year.

Katie B

Now that I have read all three books written by this duo of authors, I have to say they are at the top of my list of favorite writing teams. This was one of those good popcorn eating type reads in which you know the main character is probably in danger but you aren't entirely sure what is going to happen and it is pretty fun watching it all unfold.

Normally, I try to give a brief synopsis in my reviews but I really think you are best off not knowing too much ahead of time. Shay is the
Kendall
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Well... my friends I have to say that of course this will be one of the hottest thrillers in 2020.

This is my second novel by this duo and have to say that this didn't have the spark that Anonymous Girl did. (insert emoji with hands up girl here).

Ok.. yes many of you know that I am EXTREMELY picky with my thrillers. It took me little bit to get hooked into this one. There isn't much I can give you without spoiling things for you.

What I can give you? Hendricks and Pekkanen are a masterful duo
Dennis
I really had to sleep on this one. I finished Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen's upcoming novel, You Are Not Alone last night, but I really didn't know what to think about it until I could clear my thoughts. First, this book is written in the same fashion as The Wife Between Us and Anonymous Girl, but instead of it being their typical psychological/domestic thriller, this book is more of a popcorn thriller—a bingeworthy light read that can be quickly read and enjoyed. I really didn't know ...more
Esil
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I don’t know how they do it, but Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen seem to be an example of two heads being better than one.

You Are Not Alone is the third psychological thriller I have read written by this duo. Again, I was compulsively consumed by the story. Shay is living in New York, leading a ho-hum life. One day, she sees a young woman jump in front of the subway. This changes everything for Shay. Oddly, at first, it seems to change this for the better... To say more would be to say too
Mackey
An Anonymous Girl by these authors is one of my books that I've recently read so when I saw You are Not Alone, I jumped on it quickly and read it from start to finish even more quickly! You are Not Alone is a slow burning suspense filled thriller that kept me enthralled from the very first chapter to the last.

Shay, our main character, witnesses a brutal suicide at the subway station. She tried to stop the young woman from jumping in front of the train but was unsuccessful. The only thing left
Erin Clemence
Special thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review.

Pub date: March 3, 2020

Shay is living in New York with her best friend, who she is secretly in love with, who just told her he has found the love of his life (and it’s not her). She is also estranged from her mother and has few friends, and with a temporary job filling in the gaps, she feels untethered. Until she meets the Moore sisters. Cassandra and Jane are
Shannon
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to St. Martin’s Press for a gifted ecopy (via edel) of You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen! Like their previous novels, I devoured this one too.

If you have read my reviews on here, or follow my Instagram, then you know I’m a huge fan of SHORT chapters with multiple POVs. I think it makes the whole story move faster and I love hearing from different characters. You Are Not Alone has 7 different perspectives so I’m here for that!

Honestly, I’m not going to write a big
Tucker
May 05, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Recommended to Tucker by: St. Martin's Press
I just realized that they're books are following the YA Cover Rule (red, green, and blue but not in any particular order)
*************
We have a cover! Thoughts?
*************
Have I read any of Greer Hendricks' other books?

Will that stop me from doing my darnest to get my hands on this book?
Jamie beauty_andthebook_
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
For anyone who has read The Wife Between Us or An Anonymous Girl, it's safe to say that when Hendricks and Pekkannen team up, the readers are in store for a treat and this is certainly the case with You Are Not Alone. When Shay witnesses a woman jump in front of an oncoming subway, she is strangely sucked into the life that the woman left behind - through her friends and more. Watching You Are Not Alone unfold is a truly fun ride that will have you guessing and needing to turn the pages faster ...more
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm Myrtle Beach
You Are Not Alone was outstanding... one of the best mystery/thrillers I've read in awhile. Great characters, great story, great build-up, and great twist. Definitely add it to your TBR piles now!
Paromjit
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
The authors Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen have established themselves as writers of the most twisted and tense of psychological thrillers and they do not disappoint with their latest offering set in New York. Shay lives a humdrum life, she shares a small apartment with Sean, a friend who is now in a serious relationship with his girlfriend, Jody, and as the dynamics between them change, she feels shut out. She is working temp jobs, feeling unsatisfied career wise, plagued by financial ...more
Sophie
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this psychological thriller. You Are Not Alone explores the infinite human psyche of girls friendship. I recommend this excellent page-turning suspense.
Thank you St.Martin's Press and NetGalley via St. Martin's Press for this ARC of You Are Not Alone.
CerysAnne
Jun 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: cant-wait
I AM SO READY FOR THIS BOOK. I AM READY FOR THE DYNAMIC DUO OF GREER HENDRICKS AND SARAH PEKKANEN TO BLOW MY MIND ONCE AGAIN
Dianne
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-1, netgalley, own
Ahh, the webs we weave…if it seems too good to be true…the list could go on. Sarah Pekkanen and Greer Hendricks are the consummate writing duo when it comes to the chilling and twisted.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE is the story of a woman in need-in need of love, friendship, self-esteem and the feeling of belonging and the two sisters who smelled her weaknesses and preyed upon them like hungry sharks swimming in a sea of fresh chum.

Brilliantly devious, dark and emotionally riveting, this dark tale is
Nursebookie
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“You Are Not Alone” by: Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

Shay Miller was an isolated and lonely single woman who loved numbers, data, and statistics. Her life revolved around probabilities and opportunities to belong, to be wanted, to feel confident, to be seen and to be admired. Without the self confidence, she constantly hid in the shadows of her charts and graphs. Until...

One day in the subway she witnessed a woman jump into the tracks and kill herself. Intrigued and disturbed by what she
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I contributed this review to Really Into This

Check out all of our reviews at https://reallyintothis.com
Happy Reading, friends!

I'm going to be a bit evasive so I don't spoil anything!

I imagine it's hard to read YOU ARE NOT ALONE by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen & not be sucked in. Right off the bat, something wild & scary happens. It's intense, unexpected & sets the stage for a thrill ride. Like, what is going on?

We meet these women, there's three to start & later we meet
Mogsy (MMOGC)
4 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2019/12/22/...

I loved You Are Not Alone, though it is also quite a bit different from the typical thrillers I enjoy. Unfortunately, it would be tough to explain without giving away too much of the story, but I’ll try my best while keeping this review completely spoiler-free. After all, I would hate to reveal too many details, especially since there’s a definite reason why the blurb is so vague…

Our story begins with an introduction to
Renee
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley2019
Shay Miller's life is about to get worse, much worse. She has lost her job, and her roommate's new girlfriend wants her gone. Not exactly the life she planned and she is struggling to get back on track. One morning, as Shay waits for the subway, she witnesses a suicide, and it hits her like a ton of bricks. Obsessing over the victim, Amanda Evinger, and wondering what she could have done to prevent this tragedy, she attends a memorial service to learn more about Amanda. She meets Amanda's close ...more
Mary
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review

This is my 3rd book by this writing duo, and I already can't wait for the 4th. This book was fast paced, clever, page turning and I could not put it down. Unlike many "thrillers"...this one really was. Read it!
Laura • lauralovestoread

Let me start out by saying that Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen jump started my love of the mystery/thriller genre with An Anonymous Girl and The Wife Between Us. They were just the right pace, without terrifying me too much, and keeping me on the edge of my seat.

Their writing is great, and together they make an amazing team! While I enjoyed You Are Not Alone, I did struggle with the main character, Shay, and never fully connected with her.

I did not see the actual twist, but I had a feeling

• Little Secrets
  • In Five Years
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • Please See Us
Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen are the co-authors of the blockbuster New York Times bestseller, THE WIFE BETWEEN US, as well as the forthcoming, AN ANONYMOUS GIRL. AN ANONYMOUS GIRL has been optioned for a television series by eOne, with Sarah and Greer executive producing. THE WIFE BETWEEN US has been optioned for film by Amblin Entertainment, with Sarah and Greer screenwriting the ...more