Start by marking “Revolver Road (Harper McClain, #3)” as Want to Read:
Revolver Road  (Harper McClain, #3)

Revolver Road

(Harper McClain #3)

Crime reporter Harper McClain is back on the beat when a troubled musician vanishes in Christi Daugherty’s Revolver Road.

Even in the chill of February, no place touches Harper McClain’s heart like Savannah. She should be walking beneath the historic city’s towering oaks, surrounded by graceful mansions. Instead, she’s hiding miles away on Tybee Island after a mysterious vo
Published March 10th 2020 by Minotaur Books

Start your review of Revolver Road (Harper McClain, #3)
Debra
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
This is the third book in the Harper McClain series and although it will read as a stand-alone, I highly recommend reading the previous two books in the series, A Beautiful Corpse and The Echo Killing. They provided much-needed background information on Harper, Luke, those in their lives, their relationships and their jobs. Plus, throughout the series, Harper has been haunted by the murder of her mother. In this book, she will have her answers!

As a crime reporter, Harper is called to investigat
Kaceey
2.75*
Harper McClain is a crime reporter. She just left Savannah in a big hurry and laying low since receiving a shocking heads-up. There’s a killer on the loose with her name on his list. But feisty Harper can’t just hide out forever. She has a burning need to always be involved. Hey, she’s a reporter! So when a local rock star goes missing she drops herself into the middle of the investigation. Starting with befriending all his band mates, groupies and friends.

Perhaps it’s because I walked int
Susanne  Strong
Harper McClain is a crime reporter who is currently working on Tybee Island. Savannah is home to Harper and she’d do anything to get back there instead of hiding out on Tybee. Unfortunately for Harper, someone wants her dead. Is it the man who murdered her mother? She’s been working tirelessly to find out who in hopes that someday she can return home. Till then, reporting on crime is where it’s at.

Lucky for Harper, she just happens to be at the right place at the right time to get the scoop. Sin
Judy
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I do enjoy this series so much! This is the third book in the Harper McClain series and all three are really good. Christi Daugherty has created a lovable, determined, and courageous character in Harper McClain.

Harper is a journalist for a newspaper in Savannah, Georgia. You can tell she loves her city and the people there, and she enjoys her job. Much of this story is set on tiny Tybee Island, a beach town near Savannah, where Harper is hiding from someone who wants her dead. While on Tybee, a
Darinda
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Crime reporter Harper McClain is back in the third book in this crime series. Someone wants Harper dead, and she's been scared into hiding. She's tired of hiding though, and she believes finding who killed her mother will help solve the mystery of who is after her. For work, Harper is staying busy with the case of missing man Xavier Rayne, a popular musician. Harper works to solve both mysteries.

The mysteries are intriguing. One mystery has Harper digging into the past, and learning the truth ab
Kyra Leseberg (Roots & Reads)
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

Crime reporter Harper McClain is working for a Savannah, Georgia newspaper in dire financial straits and hiding out on Tybee Island after an anonymous call six months ago warning her that someone wants her dead.

Fortunately for the struggling paper, McClain has a front page story that can distract her from her personal drama.

Popular musician Xavier Rayne walked out of his Tybee mansion after midnight for a walk on the beach and never returned.  Two of his bandmates and his actress girlfr
Steven
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review. It's most appreciated!

I really love Harper McClain. She's a great protagonist - dogged, determined, and head strong in the best of ways. She doesn't always make the safest decisions, but she fights hard to find the truth and is a damned good reporter.

This time, she's in semi-hiding, aiming to protect herself from the person who is threatening her life. Her mother's murder, while solved, still isn
Linden
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Harper is a reporter for a Savannah newspaper who is sent to cover the disappearance of a well-known local musician. She has more on her mind than the story though. A madman who killed her mother 16 years ago is now out of prison and is looking to kill her, too. I was unfamiliar with this series, but it's well-written and suspenseful, with interesting and sympathetic characters, and I loved the Savannah ambiance. It worked well for me as a stand-alone, but I plan to go back and read the author's ...more
Amy
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the third in a series and while I’m sure you could read this on its own I wouldn’t recommend it. Part of why I’m such a fan of these books is because I’ve become so invested in Harper and her history, so if you start here I don’t think you’ll really appreciate her as a character quite as much as if you read from the beginning. BUT, I’ve really enjoyed all three books and can definitely recommend them all.
While the story Harper is working on is entertaining enough it’s pretty standard far
Robin Loves Reading
Her mother's murderer is going to kill her. Yes, Harper McClain is in fear of her life. A very successful reporter, yet hiding from a killer. Instead of living and working in beautiful Savannah, Harper is ensconced in a small beach house on Tybee Island. She can barely get a cell phone signal. However, she must stay hidden until the police can find the person behind the phone call that has terrified Harper.

As it is, Harper has never, ever forgot her mother's murder. It happened when she was quit
Melanie Johnson
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great book in the Harper McClain series! Harper is still trying to figure out who killed her mother many years ago and finally gets some answers. She is also trying to figure out who killed a famous singer that is in Savannah for rest and relaxation. There’s also a smidgen of romance thrown in because, well, love is what makes the world go round. As a native Georgian, I love how Daugherty always makes me feel as if I am in Savannah right with Harper, driving down Abercorn in her black Ca ...more
Jessica
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Harper McClain has retreated to the isolated area of Tybee Island after receiving a mysterious phone call warning her that someone wants her dead. The call was too specific to ignore and too dangerous to not take seriously. The caller knew everything about Harper. After months of no threats against her life, Harper is restless to get back to Savannah. Her daily commute to work at the newspaper is her only time back in the town she calls home.

Soon Harper’s private and work lives find themselves
Donna
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Six months ago, crime reporter Harper McClain moved out of Savannah after she received an anonymous phone call telling her to run because someone wanted her dead. Harper assumed this was related to her mother's murder many years ago. So she is temporarily living out on Tybee Island beside the ocean. Sounds like the American dream to me. Well, not the part about living in constant fear.

Savannah hates being away from all the crime in the big city. Her scanner doesn't even work properly on the isla
Basic B's Guide
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Revolver Road takes us back to the troubles of crime reporter Harper McClain on the streets of Savannah. This is the third book in the series and I recommend reading the others first. You need a bit of background on Harper to fully understand what the author is resolving within this storyline. I missed out on the first book but read last years A Beautiful Corpse.

I’m not much of a #bookseries reader and tend to gravitate towards standalone books. Series are big commitments to me and I avoid commi
Lori
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-publisher
My first in this series. The premise sounded great, but I struggled through this in the beginning. I think it’s because I didn’t find Harper very interesting. I read through some reviews of the first two books in the series and I felt I was just missing something.

I also found it unrealistic that the friends (and band mates) of this singer/musician would just open the house doors to her and divulge all the info they did. Even to the point of calling her and asking her to come back out because the
Janet Martin
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Harper McClain's 3rd episode finds her hiding in a beach side community near Savannah in an effort to stay safe from her mother's unknown murderer. While there, Harper's on the spot to cover the disappearance of a well known musician. Things move pretty fast, but this book tidies up the major story arc that's been hanging over her since the first book, while leaving her barely enough time and energy to solve an ancillary murder. But, OTOH, there are enough continuing complications to leave me in ...more
Linda Strong

When a musician disappears shortly before his new album is released, crime reporter Harper McClain wants to investigate.

Police think Xavier Rayne committed suicide by drowning himself, but Harper suspects something more involved, as shots were heard on the beach the night he disappeared.

Then a man's body washes up with two bullet holes Xavier was a lot different in his professional life than his personal one. His girlfriend is grief-stricken, yet Xavier was known to be a player.

She's been hidin
Patricia Romero
We're back in Savannah with crime reporter Harper McClain. After being told to RUN!, she is hiding out on Tybee Island while she figures out who wants her dead.

In between working at the newspaper and trying to solve her mother's murder, she is now on the case of who killed Xavier Rayne. An up and coming music star who was set to go on tour when he walked out of his rented beach house on Tybee. His girlfriend and two bandmates are acting very suspicious and when a body shows up with bullet holes
Danielle
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Revolver Road is the third installment in Christi Daugherty's Harper McClain series, and while these books (technically) can be read as standalones, I do recommend they are read in order. The first two installments, A Beautiful Corpse and The Echo Killing, introduce readers to Harper, Luke, and the haunting murder of Harper's mother.

Harper, a crime reporter, investigates the disappearance of Xavier Rayne, a singer who is rapidly climbing some buzzy music charts. His girl friend and band mates e
Carla Vaisman
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book moves pretty slowly at first and aspects of it (I.e. the romance) weren’t necessary to the story, these seem to only have added pauses when the mystery and excitement were gearing up. Towards the end the book picked up pace and all the issues are fixed and mysteries resolved within two chapters. Overall, this is an easy, entertaining and fast read. Sadly, I did guess the answer to the mystery early, but overall an alright book.
Carol
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked on this book from Chapter 1. I loved the setting and I really enjoyed the characters. I'm going to go back to read the other books in this series. I found this mystery really well crafted and totally enjoyable. ...more
Laura Rash
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love this series! This was probably the best so far!
Lori L (She Treads Softly)
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Revolver Road by Christi Daugherty is a highly recommended mystery and the third book in the Harper McClain series.

Crime reporter Harper McClain is investigating the disappearance of a musician Xavier Rayne from Tybee Island. Harper happens to be living on the island after receiving a credible warning that she needed to move out of Savannah because someone wanted her dead. She never thought that the quiet island where she has been living for months would be the scene of a major story.

Apparently
Victoria
Oh, I really hope that this isn't the end of this wonderful series!! This third installment of the Harper McClain series opens up with just enough reminders and recaps of the first two books that my memory felt refreshed without it being too much of a giveaway (though, honestly, I always recommend starting from the beginning of a series!). In contrast to the second book, this one does a better job of not revealing too much of the previous plots. And though this one has a self-contained mystery, ...more
Aristotle
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my job. I don't think i'll ever do anything else. -Harper McClain

An up and coming rock star goes missing. Harper is on the case. At the same time she is still searching for the killer of her mother, stressing over the financial stability of her newspaper, juggling her love life, and her landlord needs her out by the end of the month. Oh, did i mention the godfather of the southern mafia wants her dead? Look at the bright side, she doesn't have to worry about the coronavirus.
Another well
Kathleen
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Savannah, Georgia is nearly the star of Revolver Road, the third in Christi Daugherty’s excellent Harper McClain series. That gorgeously described, slow paced riverfront city is upstaged by Harper, a crime reporter for the Savannah Daily News.

Harper is living on nearby Tybee Island while she evaluates what might be a threat to her life and plans a return to the city. Her newspaper editor has provided her with a guard at the building and the local police are aware of the situation. The sound of g
Annarella
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss, mystery
First book I read in this series and won't surely be the last.
It's an excellent mystery, well crafted and solid, with a great cast of characters and a vivid depiction of Savannah.
I found it engrossing and entertaining, recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Edelweiss for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Kathy
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

Revolver Road by Christi Daugherty is a multi-layered mystery. This third installment in the Harper McClain series can be read as a standalone but I highly recommend reading the first two books for important backstory.

Reporter Harper McClain is temporarily living on Tybee Island when she becomes involved with a missing person's case. Harper cannot help but wonder if the gunshot reports from the night before might have something to do with musician Xavier Rayne disappearance. Hoping to
Kristeen Hughes
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Round up to 4.5 stars.
Kelsea
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
4.5 stars! Another stellar installment in the Harper McClain series. Did I mention how much I love Harper? I LOVE HARPER!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 2 14 Apr 25, 2020 09:35PM

• Inside Out
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Nine Elms (Kate Marshall #1)
  • The Wives
  • The Godfather
  • The Ruin (Cormac Reilly, #1)
  • Nothing to See Here
  • The Life We Bury (Joe Talbert, #1; Max Rupert, #1)
  • Jar of Hearts
  • How to Catch a Keeper!
  • A Prayer for Owen Meany
  • Faceless Killers (Kurt Wallander, #1)
  • The Wedding Guest (Alex Delaware, #34)
  • Working Fire
  • The Last Time I Saw You
  • Don't You Cry
  • Killer Instinct (Instinct #2)
  • Lady Saves The Duke (Lord Love a Lady #3)
As a​ ​​newspaper​ ​reporter, Christi Daugherty first began covering murders at the age of 22. She worked as a journalist for years in cities including Savannah, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans. The Echo Killing is her first crime novel. She has also written seven young adult novels under the name CJ Daugherty. Find out more and win signed books by visiting her website: www.ChristiDaugherty.com. You ...more

Harper McClain (3 books)
  • The Echo Killing (Harper McClain, #1)
  • A Beautiful Corpse (Harper McClain, #2)