Start by marking “The New Husband” as Want to Read:
The New Husband

The New Husband

The New Husband is a riveting thriller about the lies we tell ourselves from D. J. Palmer, the author of Saving Meghan.

Just because you love someone doesn't mean you know them.

Nina Garrity learned that the hard way after discovering that her missing husband, Glen, had been leading a double life with another woman. But Glen's gone--presumably drowned while fishing on his
Expected publication: April 14th 2020 by St. Martin's Press

Start your review of The New Husband
Nilufer Ozmekik
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOWWWW! This is SOOOO DISTURBING, MINDBENDING! This is nightmar-ish, terrifying, unputdownable, sick, nasty! My head is spinning! My mind already left my head, running out of the town with a valise filled with my remaining grey cells!
This book hooked me up from the first sentence. I couldn’t stop reading. I couldn’t also bite my nails because they were too short and freshly manicured so I accidentally consumed 3 bags of doritos, 2 bags of gummy bears, 2 pounds of tomatoes (I might have killed
Paromjit
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a intense, tense and utterly twisted psychological thriller of lies and secrets by DJ Palmer. Just how well is it possible to know your partner in a marriage? Nina Garrity finds everything she thought she knew about her husband, Glenn, collapses after he goes missing on a fishing trip, the boat has lots of blood but questions as to Glenn's whereabouts remain unanswered. Simon Fitch, a teacher, appears on the scene, a sweet, caring and kind man, the complete antithesis to the ...more
Andrea Pole
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
The New Husband by D.J. Palmer is a wholly addictive read that pulled me in from the very start. Having read the author's previous novel, and enjoying it immensely, I knew that I was in for a treat. Let it suffice to say that my expectations were far exceeded by this one. D.J. Palmer is an author to watch.

When her husband Glen goes missing and is presumed dead, Nina soon finds love again with teacher Simon, and moves him into the family home with her children Maggie and Connor. Daughter Maggie
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
My second book by Palmer and let me tell you, he is a storyteller like no other. If you love books that you sit down and devour in one sitting then he's your author. I despised Simon and loved Maggie, you have to read this book to find out why.
Twists and turns and so much going on that you had to keep turning the pages.
5 stars two times. I HIGHLY recommend this book.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are
Donna Hines
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc
Can you really and truly know someone just by simply being married?
Nina is coming upon this realization after uncovering the truths about her husband Glenn who has gone missing after fishing on his boat.
Not to jump to conclusions but what if he was leading a double life and doesn't want to be found?
Nina for all intense purposes has moved on and declared herself a widow even though a body was never found.
She is now dating a handsome teacher from her daughter Maggie's middle school and believes
Sherri Thacker
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for an early release of this book for my honest review. This started out a little slow for me and I almost put it down. I kept reading, thinking I know where this is going but nope, I was wrong so of course I had to keep going. A twist through me completely off base in the middle of the book. So yes, I kept reading! Without giving too much away, Simon is not who he thinks he is! A pretty good book and it kept me glued to the pages till the end.
Lisa
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story will keep you up at night. It's a slow build in the beginning- setting the scene, if you will. We get to know Nina, Simon, Nina's kids. Most of the story is told in third person but some of it in Nina's daughter's perspective. Obviously a young teen girl whose dad disappeared would have different thoughts on the new man in their lives.

The second half is where things get, um, crazy. Like crazy crazy. Disturbing, suspenseful, a story it's hard to walk away from but at times hard to
Kim Bruce Daniel
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! I didn’t want to put the book down!! Oh so good of a thriller!!! I booed Simon & cheered for Nina & the kids!! DJ did it again! I highly recommend it!!
Christy Wv Tate
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my did this book keep me on the edge of my seat. This book had many twists that I didn’t see coming. I thought I had it figured out but I was wrong.

A fisherman finds a boat with a dog and blood. Nina’s husband has suddenly vanished- no clue as to why...

Simon the kind hearted middle school teacher is there to lend his shoulder, help with searching for her husband. Nina starts to have feelings for Simon.

Does Glen come back.

This book hits the market in April of 2020 and I’m telling you to put
lovebooks
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Great book! Suspenseful! Nina finds out her husband is missing. She finds out he lived a double life she or their children knew nothing about. Glen supposedly drowned while fishing All they found is their dog and blood on the boat. Nina meets a man named Simon about a year later. He’s a teacher at her daughter’s middle school. Maggie is not happy her mom moved on so fast with Simon and neither are her friends. Are they right? Did Nina unwillingly put her family at risk?
Judy Collins
WOW! 2020 books are smoking! Palmer has switched over to the "dark side!" What an awesome read! THE NEW HUSBAND is INTENSE, ADDICTIVE, MIND-BLOWING! Top Books of 2020. More of this, please. This one will turn heads (360 degrees).

Readers, move this to the TOP your list! This may be one of his best. The manipulation is off the charts! A WINNER! Cover crush.

I am a huge fan of Daniel and Michael Palmer's books —have read them all. I am certainly enjoying the new titles under the DJ name,
Olivia L
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
[Q:] What do you get when you cross a deranged, gaslighting psychopath with a grieving family, a mutinous teenager, and Daisy the Dog?

[A:] A rousing game of 'Simon Says'...

The Garrity family has been overwhelmed by trauma and drama. Glen, the dad, is missing, presumed dead. The children, Connor and Maggie, are barely coping. Nina, the mom, is trying to move on and rebuild her family with the help of her new boyfriend, Simon. What is Simon's deal? What about Glen? What is Maggie's deal?

(Poor
Diane Merritt
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I started this one had a hard time getting into it. Wanted to see what happened though, and glad I stuck to it as it got better and better. Was an enjoyable read.

Thanks to the publisher and net galley for an early release of this book.
Janice Lombardo
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of this year's best!

Nina lives with Simon about 18 months after her husband had disappeared (and is presumed dead). Though Glen's death cannot be not legally declared until 2 years, Simon has asked Nina to marry him. Still a bit unsettled, and with a daughter (Maggie) in junior high and son in high school (Connor), Nina hesitates to give Simon an answer - at least not yet.

Simon is a junior HS teacher. He comes off as a decent enough guy - especially to Connor. Somehow he and Maggie do not
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps

***Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of THE NEW HUSBAND by DJ Palmer in exchange for my honest review.***

4.5 STARS

Nina’s husband Glen vanishes from a fishing boat, leaving behind a trail of blood. Two years later, he’s presumed dead and she’s moved on with Simon, much to the chagrin of her tween daughter, Maggie who sees a darkness in her mom’s boyfriend her older brother Connor and mom do not.

From the moment Simon appeared on my kindle screen, I knew he was bad news. His
Caroline Bertaud
Well, I don't quite know exactly what to make of this book. It was very slow, like with nothing happened, for almost the entire first half of the story, but I kept reading because of all the raving reviews, including a couple reviewers whose judgment I trust. But boy was it painfully slow. Then, finally, the pace picked up. There was however, nothing I hadn't read in other books. I still don't understand Glen's story or Simon's plan at the end of the book. But for the heart-pounding moments— ...more
Lori
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I loved this book! This is a must read!
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Nov 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc, netgalley
11/18/19
CURRENTLY ON READ NOW ON NETGALLEY =D
Jan
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The New Husband by D.J. Palmer

This is the second book I have read by Mr. Palmer and as long as he keeps writing books, I will keep reading them. His first novel, Saving Meghan, was a page turned and his second book, The New Husband, was the same. From the moment I picked up the book till I turned the last page, I wanted to keep reading and now I want more.
Nina’s first husband has been lost at sea, unknown whether he is still alive or not. A new man, Simon, comes into her life and she wastes no
Dawn Byers
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a book!
I was given this book by Net Galley for an honest review -
Nina's husband disappears and with this, stories emerge of an affair, money stolen, etc - but is this really what happened?
Simon pursues Nina and they buy a home together.
But another side of Simon appears as he tries to control Nina's life and her children.
Nina starts to question things and investigate, Simon discovers this and things turn very scary for the family.... Will Nina and her family survive?
Lisa Garcia
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read! If you enjoy psychological thrillers this one is for you.
Johnette
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
This is one of those “can’t put it down” novels. I got a feeling about where it was going from the beginning but, oh my, I didn’t see how it was going to get there. You know when you watch a scary movie and you are yelling at the character on TV, “don’t go in there”? You’ll do it with this book, too. I was so anxious to find out what was happening I had to skim a few pages to get where I needed to be, I couldn’t read fast enough. If you like psychological thrillers, you will like this book. Put ...more
Lisa
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg what a completely awesome creepy book! I could hardly put it down! The psychological terror involved is so insane as to be real - DJ Palmer has truly come in to his own as an author to watch !
Bonnie
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! Has a surprise twist. DJ Palmer has become one of my top 5 favorite authors! Would have read this in a day or two as it was hard to put down, but have to make dinner, gets the kids ready for school, etc. Great book! You will not be disappointed!
Jaimie Rogers
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was like reading a lifetime movie which I completely enjoyed! Kinda predictable but sometimes but need a book like that. The characters were relatable & enjoyable. I did want to slap the mom a few times but that's the lifetime movie coming out
I've been in a reading rut & this book was perfect! Thanks D.J Palmer !!!
Susan
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nina’s husband Glen disappears without a trace and she’s left to raise her two children alone. Enter Simon. D.J Palmer has just soared to the top of my favorite thriller authors! The New Husband grabbed me and wouldn’t let me go. Wow!! It’s one of those books that’ll stay with you. Creepy, disturbing, and totally twisted. My kind of book!

*ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh! What an awesome book! An edge of your seat, page turner. And, just wow!!
Janet
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When it is snowy and cold outside, superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do .

The New Husband is a riveting thriller about the lies we tell ourselves from
Cheryl
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
After reading Saving Meghan , I was anxiously waiting to see if I could snag a copy of The New Husband> and lo and behold, I did!!!!!!

Two years ago, Glen Garrity, Nina's husband and father to Connor and Maggie, went missing after someone found his boat with their dog Daisy and a massive amount of blood on board. The night that police tell her of their grim discovery and returning Daisy, Nina gets a text and pictures, from an unknown source, showing Glen kissing some waitress named
Kim Fox
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Have you ever read a book that makes you want to put it down, not because it is bad, but because it is THAT GOOD?? I didn't want it to end! It reminded me why I like suspense novels so much... The anticipation, the jaw dropping twists, and the redemption ( the book MUST have redemption!) I LOVED this book!
The New Husband by D.J. Palmer was everything I hope for in a book. It had suspense, anticipation, angst, plot twists, little bit of romance (sort of) and redemption. I found myself getting
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Been There, Married That: A Novel
  • Woman on the Edge
  • The Better Liar
  • Unfollow Me
  • The Secrets He Kept: A suspenseful, gripping psychological thriller with a nail-biting ending
  • The God Game
  • Pretty Things
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • Something She's Not Telling Us
  • The Second Home
Pseudonym for author Daniel Palmer

D.J. PALMER is the author of numerous critically acclaimed suspense novels, including Delirious and Desperate. After receiving his master’s degree from Boston University, he spent a decade as an e-commerce pioneer before turning his attention to writing. He lives with his wife and two children in New Hampshire.

Librarians note: There is more than one author in