Start by marking “The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)

The Last Real Cowboy

(Cold River Ranch #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  354 ratings  ·  282 reviews
In Cold River, sometimes forbidden love is the sweetest of them all...

Perennial good girl Amanda Kittredge knows that her longtime crush on Brady Everett was never really supposed to go anywhere. But when Brady comes home to Cold River during Amanda's first attempt at independence, well, who better to teach her about rebellion than her older brother's bad-boy best friend?
Mass Market Paperback, 374 pages
Published January 28th 2020 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about The Last Real Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Real Cowboy

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
Madison Warner Fairbanks
The Last Real Cowboy by Caitlin Crews

Cold River Ranch series, book 3. It can be read as a stand-alone contemporary romance, however reading the prior books will provide better knowledge and background of Brady’s brothers.

This was a difficult read. Brady doesn’t see his own worth and through much of the narrative he talks about letting Amanda go because she deserves the best in life. It’s depressing and sad. And wow, Ty may have had his own HEA in a prior book as did Gray, but I hated how nasty a
Toni
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is book three in the Cold River Ranch series which focuses on the lives of Gray, Ty, and Brady Everett after their abusive alcoholic father dies. I started from the second book and really enjoyed all the drama that surrounded Ty, a rodeo champion who had a bad accident and lost his memory, and Hanna Monroe, a sparkly rodeo queen. All books in this series can be read as standalones, so I will try to avoid giving any spoilers, apart from this one: the last one is absolutely the best!

Like his
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Just love Brady.. great story!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crews has developed and created an amazing character in Brady. I was excited to see what she was going to bring to the table for him. And bring to the table she certainly did. He is an awesome character! I just love him!

Amanda is young. Very young. And he is best friends with her brother. This tends to be a problem since Amanda is also a virgin. I know you know where I am going with this one!

This story gave me so many feels. The trust issue was huge
Esther
ARC provided by Edelweiss and Publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Rating 3.5

Review to come.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
The Last Real Cowboy was highly anticipated and it delivered in a BIG way. Brady Everett is the youngest of theEverett siblings and has been the butt end of his brother’s teasing all his life and broke away as soon as he could. Now he’s back and fulfilling his obligation of working the ranch for a year and he hopes he can convince his brothers to see things his way and sell. What he didn’t expect was to see his best friend’s little sister not so little anymore.

Amanda Kittredge was a complex char
Danielle's
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. The wallflower and her cowboy.

Amanda is ready to brake out of her shell. It’s time for Amanda to move out of her comfort zone and find her own place in the world. The first step is to move out of the family home. Step two get the love life she always wanted. Can the simple girl get the man?

Brady has his own family situation to sort out but when Amanda asks for his help. A deep feeling surfaced. He wants what she’s offering but feels its wrong to take it. He’s a friend of her br
Melissasfandomworld
Unfortunately, I just couldn't really fall in love with this book the way I was hoping to. I haven't read the first two books in the series so I can't comparise them to one another. This was also my first read by this author.

The promise of the story is something I really like (the MC shedding her roots and deciding to live a little as well as getting familiar with her sexuality), but the execution aka writing just wasn't my thing I guess. It felt repetitive at times and a bit chaotic. A lot of
M.  [storme reads a lot]
Thank you NetGalley and St Martins Press for the ARC. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I haven’t read the first couple books of the series so I can’t make comparisons. I was sent an email to download this book so I thought I’d try it out. Unfortunately, this book missed the mark. Normally I’m all about the best friends brother trope, but this book made it horrible. Brandy thinks Amanda is in high school when she’s 22... so that was just annoying for him to be that stupid. But then he sees he
Dianne
Dec 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I do love a good romance, especially when it is a little forbidden because, the heart wants what the heart wants, right? THE LAST REAL COWBOY by Caitlin Crews has that forbidden thing down pat, maybe a little too much for the twenty-first century.

Amanda was the sheltered only daughter/sister and at twenty-two, takes a stand, she was moving out, going to find love and make mistakes, on her own. No more overbearing, over-controlling brothers, no more men afraid to date her. She is all grown up and
Robyn
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Last Real Cowboy is book three in the Cold River Ranch series by Caitlin Crews. Even though it is the third book, it can still be read as a standalone. While the first two couples from the previous books are sprinkled into the story, it definitely did not take away from my enjoyment reading about Amanda and Brady. Although, I am definitely going to have to go back and read the first two books because these Everett brothers are smokin hot! Where is a fan when you need one!

Amanda Kittredge has
Nadine Bookaholic
Amanda Kittredge has had a crush on Brady Everett, her brothers best friend for years but he just like everyone else in town still sees her as a twelve year old kid not as the twenty-two year old woman she is. Well, that all changes when she decides to move out and make some changes in her life.

Read my full review along with an Author Q&A HERE

**I have voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Readers Copy of this book for my Blog,
Nadine's Obsessed with Books**

You can see this and other Reviews I ha
Madison  Monroe
Nov 29, 2020 rated it liked it
This is book 3 in the Cold River Ranch series by Caitlin Crews and I want to say that I am glad that I am finished with this book. This has to be my least favorite installment because their characters were not written very well. Now let's not get ahead of ourselves, let me tell you about the story first before I give you the lowdown about this story. Brady Everett is the youngest of the bunch and after their father passes away, Brady is back to pick up the pieces. Brady has agreed to work on the ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the final book about the Everett Brothers, this is Brady Everett's story if you read either of the previous books this is the brother they call Denver. This book can be read as a standalone as can the other books in the series but I would suggest you read them in order that way you have a better understanding of the family dynamics and how each of the brothers eventually found their own HEAs.

I have to say that the abuse each of the brothers lived through was terrible, dealing with the fa
C.J. Carmichael
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun-read
Really love Caitlin Crews' cowboys! Highly recommend a visit to Cold River to wait out the Covid 19 pandemic. ...more
Hannah
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

Cold River Ranch #3, The third book, the third Everett brother and hopefully not the last book of the series especially not after introducing Amanda's brothers. This was an enjoyable book and much like the first it starts with unrequited love. Amanda has been in love with her oldest brothers best friend as long as she can remember, but half the time it's like he doesn't see her and the other times he treats her like she's still in school. Brady has done his best to try and ignore Aman
Rita
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I do love a story with a cowboy. And who doesn't like a little forbidden love. That being said, the forbidden in this story seemed out of place when she is 22. I get she has been sheltered and her big brothers kept everyone away, but Brady not noticing her being a grown women until she was wearing a low cut tank top seemed a little odd. I did love how she loved him forever and I did love how in the end he fought for her. I didn't think they had the best chemistry. I did love how in the end she a ...more
Cheryl
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I have read in this series. These books can be read as stand alone novels. You will fall for the Everett brothers. They make appearances in the various books. So, your favorites are in the books as well as new characters that you will fall in love with.

Amanda had me from the beginning. She was up against the odds with all of her brothers. Who needs a guard dog when you have brothers. Example: when Amanda took a job at the bar and her brothers came to give the "stink eye"
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked the story over all it was cute but I felt like both Amanda and Brady whined a lot yet both wanted to be seen as adults. Eventually Amanda grew some balls and was a total spit fire no one wanted to mess with. Brady’s family could describe every dysfunctional family out there perfectly. They all are healing and looking to find where they fit after their dad died and there was no love loss there. I think both Amanda and Brady’s brothers could be one in the same all protective and a pain in ...more
Pelusa Rivera
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I am in the minority group here. I didn't like Amanda and felt that she needed to mature. Yes she was sheltered but she is now 22. and I am glad she decided it was time for a change, but I didn't feel she and Brady had that chemistry. Brady grossed me out, here he is thinking that Amanda was underage yet wanted her,ew. I never did get the best friend brother thing so we can't have a relationship but it must happen since so many, I mean so many authors seem to write about this. All in all there w ...more
Kimberley C.
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by Caitlin Crews that I have read. I wish that I had read the first few in the series, because I felt like I was missing some plot points that had to do with the main characters’ families. Nonetheless, I read the whole book and made do. It was well written and I thought the characters were very well developed. I did find it slightly long-winded at times, which is why I am giving it 3.5 stars, rounded up to 4.
Susan (susayq ~)
What a great wrap up to this series!

Brady and Amanda's story was awesome! This was less angsty than the previous books, but there were still some tense moments where my heart broke for both of them. The way Brady and his brothers Gray and Ty finally laid to rest their past was perfect. And so was that last chapter :)
Aou
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: virgin-h
Too long, too sedate...
Traci
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: girly, goodreads-wins
Cute read. It was a little out of my wheelhouse, but I still enjoyed it. I did not read the previous books so this was read as a stand alone.
**Goodreads win**
Maranda
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The is a great series. Amanda Kittredge has to overcome moving out of her family home and convincing her brothers' best friend Brady Everett that she is right for him. So what if he is a decade older! ENJOY!!! "A copy of this book was provided by St. Martin's Press via Netgalley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion." I HAVE READ ALL PRIOR COLD RIVER RANCH books but this one stands alone nicely too. ...more
Cali Jewel
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Highly entertaining, sexy, fun, action packed and emotionally thrilling hometown adventure filled with engaging charters, witty dialog, heart racing twists and undeniable passion. Was a great read from beginning to end. Really loving Cold River Ranch.
Beth
Amanda is a sheltered sister and daughter to a ranching family in their small town. She decides that at 22 that no one sees her as more than little sister of Kittredge family she has had enough. Being sent to the kids table at family gathering was the last straw. Amanda packs her bags, moves out and gets a job at the seediest bar in town. To top it off, she decides to live in the apartment above said “seedy” bar.

Brady is home to help work on the family farm. Not happy about his 1 year commitment
Donna Repsher
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've been following this trilogy since its inception, and have been patiently waiting for Brady's story. I'm happy to say it was worth the wait, it's my favorite among the three novels in the Cold River Ranch series, and it gets 5 stars from this reader.

The series follows the three Everett brothers, whose father was a mean, abusive drunk. When he died almost a year before the start of this novel, he left his ranch to his three sons, Gray, Ty and Brady. Gray, with ranching in his blood, was the o
Christine
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
“I’m ten years older than you.”

“I know how old you are. Cradle robber.”
Emotionally tortured cowboy and sheltered best friend's virgin little sister are some of my favorite tropes. Unfortunately, Brady and Amanda's secret relationship, while at times sweet and steamy, suffered from too much internal monologue and not enough doing.

For a sheltered virgin, Amanda was remarkably determined and feisty in the face of four overly protective brothers who lost their collective minds when she took a barte
Viper Spaulding
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing, fantastic love story!

On the surface this looks like a typical brother's-best-friend romance, but that's just the frame that wraps around a delightful, emotionally-charged story about families and history and growing up in a small town. The writing throughout this story is simply exquisite, perfectly capturing the essence of country life as well as the intricacies of falling in love with someone you've known your whole life.

"But this was a small town. Every interaction was packed
Robin Loves Reading
His best friend's sister? No way! Being ten years older. Definitely no. However, when Brady Everett starts to notice Amanda Kittredge he practically fears for his life. His father has recently died, and having recently returned, Brady is all but being forced to remain in town and work on the family's homestead for a year. Now that Amanda is a 22-year-old vivacious woman, Brady does his best to keep his eyes on her from the neck up when they are around one another.

Meanwhile, Amanda is making stri
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Looking for a Cowboy (Heart of Texas #5)
  • A Cowboy Like You (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Highland Sword (Royal Highlander #3)
  • Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas (River Ranch, #3)
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • Gone With the Rogue (First Comes Love, #2)
  • Tucker (The McBrides of Texas #2; Eternity Springs #17)
  • A Highlander Is Coming to Town (Highland, Georgia, #3)
  • An Everyday Hero (Heart of a Hero #2)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
  • When You Wish Upon a Rogue (Debutante Diaries, #3)
  • The Love Scam
  • The Princess and the Rogue (Bow Street Bachelors, #3)
  • Boone (Eternity Springs: The McBrides of Texas, #3)
  • To Catch an Earl (Bow Street Bachelors, #2)
  • Asking for Trouble (Credence, Colorado, #3)
  • A Cowboy State of Mind (Creedence Horse Rescue #1)
Caitlin Crews discovered her first romance novel at the age of twelve, in a bargain bin at the local five and dime. It involved swashbuckling pirates, grand adventures, a heroine with rustling skirts and a mind of her own, and a seriously mouthwatering and masterful hero. The book (the title of which remains lost in the mists of time) made a serious impression. Caitlin was immediately smitten with ...more

Cold River Ranch (3 books)
  • A True Cowboy Christmas (Cold River Ranch, #1)
  • Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #2)