Start by marking “An Everyday Hero (A Heart of a Hero #2)” as Want to Read:
An Everyday Hero (A Heart of a Hero #2)

An Everyday Hero

(A Heart of a Hero #2)

From award-winning author Laura Trentham comes an emotionally layered novel about redemption, second chances and discovering that life is worth fighting for.

Expected publication: February 4th 2020 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about An Everyday Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Everyday Hero

Start your review of An Everyday Hero (A Heart of a Hero #2)
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Awesome story! I luv how much they grew through their love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can’t believe I’ve never read a story by this author before. When I read the synopsis there was no question about excepting this review. And I’m so glad I did.

I immediately connected with Emmett. I have intimate knowledge of a lot of what he was going through from personal knowledge and I was impressed by the authors detail of his anger, frustration, and pain.

I also really enjoyed Greer. She was unique and chose to enjoy
TeriLyn
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**An Everyday Hero generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

5 "Maybe I will." Stars

This was my first Laura Trentham women's fiction novel and will not be my last. Intrigued by the blurb I went into this book completely blind and came away from reading it with a lighter heart. The timing of me reading this novel full of despair turned into hope and survival could not have come at a better time for me. There was familiar about the themes of the story
Bonnye Reed
I received a free electronic copy of this novel on October 5, 2019, from Netgalley, Laura Trentham, and St. Martin's Press - Griffin. Thank you all for sharing your hard work with me. I have read An Everyday Hero of my own volition, and this review reflects my honest personal opinion of this work. I am pleased to recommend An Everyday Hero to friends and family.

Laura Trentham brings us a novel with fully rounded protagonists facing relevant, modern problems and handling them with grace and
Bookgasms Book Blog
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
An Everyday Hero was my first book by this author, and I was so pleasantly surprised. I mean, I loved the blurb, so I was excited to take the chance. But there's always a little spark of surprise when beneath that enticing blurb lies a story full of heart.

There is definitely a Hallmark-y vibe to this story. It's sweet and somewhat predictable. But it's also smartly written and told in a way that felt relatable and engaging and sometimes downright charming. It moved a little slowly for me
Margaret Watkins
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Put together a reclusive wounded veteran, an angry rebellious teenager and a failed musician and what would have been a recipe for disaster becomes the long road back to healing and restoration. Greer's moment of inebriated rage lands her in a community service program where her unconventional approach to reaching her clients earns her their respect and that of her mentor. Ally's anger stems from the death of her father and the inability of her mother to handle their terrible loss. Emmett has ...more
Becky Claxon
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so blessed to be able to read Ms. Trentham’s books and write a review. She has such a gift for writing that her books are not just enjoyable, but they make me think and look more at myself to be a better person. Greer and Emmett are two lost souls who end back in the small suburb of Nashville called Madison. Greer has always loved to write songs, sing and play her guitar. She knew she would go to Nashville and make it big, until one night she froze on stage at the Bluebird Cafe. Now she is ...more
Jane
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from Goodreads First-reads with no expectations.

What a wonderful story this was. Emmett Lawson has returned from Afghanistan minus a leg and full of survivors’ guilt. Anyone will tell you he is a mess. He has chosen to live his life in a cabin out in the middle of nowhere. He even has a locked gate to his cabin so no one can get to him. He just wants to be alone.

Greer Hadley had a dream. She wanted to become a star and so she moved to Nashville. Things didn't quite
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Greer is coming home after years of trying to break into country music and nothing to show for it. To make matters worse, she’s assigned volunteer work for a bit of a whoopsy after catching her boyfriend in flagrante. She’s not thrilled, but wants her punishment over and done with so she can continue stewing in misery. Her sarcastic outlook and daydream mentality made her easy to like, even when she was struggling with the concept of, well, seriously “adulting”, but her journey to maturity was ...more
Maria
I was invited to view this ARC through NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it
4.5 stars.
“An Everyday Hero”, by Laura Trentham (St. Martin’s Griffin), is a well-written and engaging story, with interesting and well-defined characters and a great setting. The romance is a slow-burn, the characters wonderfully fleshed out, the dialogue lively and fun and the storyline absorbing, flowing smoothly.
The familiarity, easiness between the leads, the way they spend time just hanging out and being together
Shelley
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After a drunken escapade at the local pub, Greer must undertake community service at a nonprofit organization that aids veterans.

There wasn’t anything I disliked about this small-town romance. The dialog is great, and the plot flows well, but it is the compelling and relatable characters who make this book extra special.

Greer is depressed after her music career has hit a dead end. She’d rather pick up rubbish than work at the nonprofit, but after meeting Ally Martinez, who has lost her military
ROBIN RUIZ
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I absolutely loved this book.
From the minute we meet Greer, we laugh , we cheer and we want her to win !
When we meet Emmett, we want what Greer wants for him , to rejoin the living .
Greer and Emmett are pure chemistry together , two lost souls, who need each other regardless of what they both think. These two make each other a better person.
I laughed , I cried , I cheered , I haven’t had this much fun with a book and it’s characters in a long time !
This is my favorite Laura Trentham book! I
Terry
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was wonderful.
Author Laura Trentham gives new life and meaning to the words, 'everyday hero'.
Those who society may look on as damaged, unredeemable, hardened and yes, even throw away people, ones who are often overlooked and shut off from the mainstream, CAN be everyday heroes, and in this novel that's exactly what they are.

The chemistry between the characters was spot on. The dialogue was natural, witty, stayed true to each character, and allowed the story to develop realistically.
Claire Scott
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just finished An Everyday Hero and I read it in one sitting...I loved this book...honestly I think this is one of the best books I’ve read all year. I loved Greer and Emmett, and I devoured every word. I found myself getting choked up reading emmetts story...Laura Trentham’s writing beautifully portrayed the horror of war. I think Greer is my favourite heroine of Trentham’s....so much sass!
Penney
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
About the book,

When Greer meets
Alison
Greer Hadley isn't winning at life. After leaving her small town to make it big in Nashville she's returned a decade later having blown her last big chance only to find her boring boyfriend in bed with another woman. Then to top it off she has one too many tequilas to drown her sorrows and ends up being sentenced to community service at a music therapy centre for veterans and their families.

Greer gets two of the most difficult cases: Ally Martinez, a teenager whose father died and has turned to
Pelusa Rivera
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been a fan of Laura for a while now, I started with her historical spy books. Anyway this book was definitely different than what I am used to with her, and not in a bad way if that is what you are thinking. This book gave you some different feels. We meet Greer who is back home and in a humiliating fashion. After finding her boyfriend cheating on her Greer goes a little crazy and trashes a bar and since her uncle is judge she thinks she can get out of it with a slap on the wrist but that ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, this talented author manages to grab the attention and the emotions of the reader from the first page to the last one.
The story of Army Capt. Emmett Lawson is one that sadly is very real. An honorable man fighting to keep us safe, in a war full of danger, as well as physical and emotional losses. Losses that can leave them with survivor’s guilt and that can destroy an individual leaving him a shell of his former self.
Greer Hadley is struggling with finding herself after trying to
Julie Barrett
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AN EVERYDAY HERO by Laura Trentham
Greer has returned home to live with her parents and she knows she's a failure at her music career. one night at the bar and someone upset her,she makes a bad choice and ends up in jail.
Her aunts ex husband is the judge and he won't let her do litter pickup, he wants her to devote her time at the music tree charity. She is given two cases: Ally, a young girl who's being bullied, lost her dad in the war and her mom likes alcohol and drugs.
Her other case is Emmett
Patrice
Ms Laura Trentham is on her way to being one of my favorite go-to authors. Her writing, to me, is reminiscent of Nora Roberts. The writing/prose is beautifully done and rolls off the pages. This is the 3rd book of hers that I have had the honor to read/review as an uncorrected digital galley.

This story is about a number of lost souls. The main characters Greer and Emmett's first meeting starts with a bang, literally; he is shooting to keep people away from him. Greer has just returned home with
Pam
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Greer is beaten down by rejection & life. Emmett is ex-military, was injured & lost his leg to an explosion & ambush that took some of his men. They both are wallowing in pain, guilt & self loathing. Greer has to donate time to a veterans organization for community service & is asked to approach Emmett to try to shake him out of his funk. She is also charged with helping Ally, the young daughter of a deceased veteran.

The author does a wonderful job of
Jamie
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve had this ARC for awhile and just now getting around to reading it but I’m sorry it’s taken me so long! The Military Wife was one of my favorites this year and this was a phenomenal follow up in the series. Not the same characters but the same type of storyline. Veterans, ptsd, love, starting over, etc. So many times I choked away the tears as I was reading. As a wife of a veteran who suffers from ptsd the author really hits home and describes very real and raw feelings. Although now I have ...more
Barbara Lack
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book really tugged at my heartstrings hard. This book has three characters struggling with heartache, loss, and grief. This story is about 15 year old Ally, Emmett who has suffered a tragic loss, and Greer who is centerstage. Greer is feisty and unpredictable with a huge heart. Emmett is angry with the world,but deep down he is a hero. I love reading about military men. My heart went out to Ally. She’s buried in grief and worry. I stayed up until 3:00 reading this book. I could not put the ...more
R
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very emotional and uplifting story about three loss souls caught between past heartbreaks and future uncertainties. They each had to deal with serious issues but ultimately became that everyday hero for each other… and became the best version of themselves.
This was a very enjoyable read and highly recommended.

RiriRomantiques
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC from Netgalley for an honest review.
Another very good romance in this series of Laura Trentham.
Talking about the dark side of life and war, rehab, grief and ptsd.
Trentham characters are sympathetic and cheerful. And she knows how to introduce us to very likable heroes and determined heroines.
No hot scenes but the good quality of the storyline is enough.
Kathei
This was a truly nice read.

I'm not a big fan of the romance genre but this story, although it has romance as part of the storyline, was more than the typical: boy and girl meet...they hate each other...then they end up falling passionately into one another's arms. This book was better than that.

Of course, if you enjoy romantic stories this one should make you quite satisfied.
Deb
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I won this book on a goodreads giveaway. I loved this book. This is a wonderful summer read, wonderful characters, terrific storyline, and I couldn't put it down until the end. I highly recommend this book for a great, easy wonderful time.
Madm007
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this read. So well written keeping the reader entrenched, no matter the scenario.
A fast, engaging, realistic journey that is still on my mind. I felt every emotion as I read this, the frustration, a fear of the unknown, guilt, happiness, pride and love. Greer and Emmett, both strong characters with setbacks of life and war, were very real with their ups and downs alike, just finding their way. They hadn't intended to fall in love, but life has a way of knowing what's right. I laughed as
Deb Diem
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, those wounded warriors get me every time! An Everyday Hero is a phenomenal contemporary romance by Laura Trentham. I think this might be my favorite of the books I've read by this author. Ms. Trentham has provided readers with a book that's well-written and populated with a cast of characters you can't help but love. Greer had a meltdown at a bar after finding her boyfriend with his assistant. The jukebox objected, the cops were called and Greer found herself in front of a judge. Emmett ...more
Nancy Ahyee
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Publisher’s description: At thirty, Greer Hadley never expected to be forced home to Madison, Tennessee with her life and dreams of being a songwriter up in flames. To make matters worse, a series of bad decisions and even crappier luck lands her community service hours at a nonprofit organization that aids veterans and their families. Greer cannot fathom how she’s supposed to use music to help anyone deal with their trauma and loss when the one thing that brought her joy has failed her.

When
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Been There, Married That
  • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
  • Eternity Springs: The McBrides of Texas: Tucker (The McBrides of Texas #2; Eternity Springs #17)
  • The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
  • Christmas Angels
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • Sisters by Choice (Blackberry Island, #4)
  • A Cowboy Like You (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas (River Ranch, #3)
  • The New Husband
  • All About Evie
  • The Second Home
  • Behind Every Lie
  • Love Lettering
  • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
  • Weekend Fling (Crazy Love, #4)
  • A Week at the Shore
Author of smart, sexy Southern contemporary romance, Regency historicals, & heartfelt Women's Fiction
Series include:
Sweet Home Alabama
Cottonbloom
Spies and Lovers
Heart of a Hero
Highland, Georgia

A Heart of a Hero (2 books)
  • The Military Wife (A Heart of a Hero, #1)