Start by marking “A Highlander in a Pickup (Highland, Georgia, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Highlander in a Pickup (Highland, Georgia, #2)

A Highlander in a Pickup

(Highland, Georgia #2)

The timeless romance, soaring passion—and gorgeous men—of Scotland comes to modern-day America. And the rules of love will never be the same…
Expected publication: February 25th 2020 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about A Highlander in a Pickup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Highlander in a Pickup

Start your review of A Highlander in a Pickup (Highland, Georgia, #2)
Anita
Jul 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc

Isabel's, best friend, Anna, is about to meet her own Hotty MacScottypants, aka the Highlander of her dreams . . . or is it her nightmares? Should be fun.
Megan Houde
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well I didn’t think I could love the second book as much as the first, but I did this one! It’s made me realize I love the intense slow burn of hate to love romance. More like semi can’t stand to intrigued to falling in love. This story takes us on another adventure in Highland, Georgia where two different characters and worlds collide. And leaves the question “can you leave something you always know to be with the person who makes you feel most alive.”

Anna, Izzy from the first books best
Janna
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with Highland in the first book in the series, and was so excited to get my hands on the next installment! I think I liked this one even more than the first.

Anna lives on her own, runs her own successful dance studio, and is preparing to run for mayor - and above all, she wants to prove to everyone that she is successful and independent. So she relishes the opportunity to prove herself by taking over the planning of the annual Highland festival, even if she is in over her head.
Heather andrews
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna tends to get herself into trouble with her words, “what? No! I don’t care what you have on— or don’t have on— under there.” Except now all she could think about was what was under his kilt. She needed a fan. Or a dunk in an ice bath." When it comes to Iain, Anna is quite eloquent, “I can see your . . .” She cupped her hand and gestured toward him. “You know, your junk.” I adored this book, I loved Iain and Anna.
Heather andrews
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Klue
Having enjoyed the first book, I reluctantly have to admit this book wasn’t nearly as good. In fact, I’m tempted to label it as a filler book meant just to keep the series going. You see, this main couple just wasn’t that particularly noteworthy. Maybe it was because I’m not a fan of a sugary sweet, insecure, “woo is me/no one understands me/mama didn’t love me enough” stubborn to the point she can be her own worst enemy so at times came across childish, even selfish on occasion despite all her ...more
Paige Moreland
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Highlander in a Pickup Truck by Laura Trentham was so much fun.

I loved the first book in the Highland, Georgia series when I read it earlier this year (A Highlander Walks Into a Bar) and was so excited when I saw the second one was coming out. Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the free e-ARC, in exchange for an honest review.

The first book focuses on Isabel Buchanan, but in the second installment, the focus switches to Anna Maitland, a longtime resident of Highland, GA, and
Christy
Nov 19, 2019 rated it liked it

I liked this book even more than the 1st.

As Izzy and Alasdair (From A Highlander Walks into a Bar) await the birth of their first child in Scotland, her mother and his uncle Gareth have left Highland, Georgia to help out during Izzy’s mandatory bedrest. Their departure means someone has to step in to set up and run Highland’s Scottish Festival. Izzy’s friend Anna volunteers to help.

Anna Maitland is the owner of a dance studio who has aspirations of running for mayor. Therefore, she has
Jen
Nov 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Another win for Trentham’s Highlanders series. Anna has the strict discipline that only a life in ballet can give you and Iain has a life discipline from a tough upbringing and military. But when these two allow their true inner feelings to show, they realize they are more alike in so many ways. After a natural attraction, yet hitting it off in the wrong way, Anna and Iain fall for each other but there’s just one problem – Iain must return to Scotland and his life there and Anna must stay in ...more
Amary Chapman
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An insecure, hard working American lass needs to work with a HAWT Scot.
Ana Maitland runs a dance studio,plans to run for mayor and is drafted by her best friend Isabel to take over the Highland games at Stonehaven in Highland, Georgia. Isabel, newly married is experiencing a difficult pregnancy and is stuck in Scotland with her husband. Her mother and stepdad flew over to be there for her, leaving Anna in charge...so she thinks.
Gareth and Izzy send Iain to help, neglecting to inform Anna. A
Bethany
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-fic, prepub, romance
Anna, a Highland, Georgia native, is taking over the planning and execution of the annual Scottish Highland festival for Rose and Isabel this year as Isabel is in Scotland, with the birth of her baby imminent. To help Anna out, Isabel and Alsdair send the groundskeeper's son Iain to Georgia. Initially, Anna is reluctant to allow Iain to help as she views the festival's success as a precursor to her run for mayor. But, as Anna and Iain are thrust into more proximity, a heated spark emerges....

Ashley Reyes
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley.

This is the second in the series, as well as the second I've read. Highland is an adorable small town, and with it, comes all of those small town rivalries and feelings. In this story, we meet Anna again, the best friend in the last story, and Iain, the caretaker's son from Cairndow. Even though Isabel isn't in Highland, the Games will still go on, with Anna in charge with a little surprise help from Iain.
They
Kim Vanravenswaay
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it
The books in the series all have a common theme. A dedication and stubbornness to putting together the Highland Festival each year. The characters might change in each book but other than that they are pretty much the same. I would like to have seen something different for each book.
Kerri
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Another nice installment of the HIghland GA series. I was not swept away but I did enjoy every part of it.
Beth
Nov 13, 2019 marked it as to-read-adult
Shelves: arc, romance
ARC provided by Edelweiss.
Karen Machamer
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Highly recommend this book to everyone. Can't wat to read more from this author.
Tracy Gregory
Nov 17, 2019
Thomas Gibson
Nov 19, 2019
Ruchika Mahajan
Nov 16, 2019
Dawn
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! I will be picking up any more in this series.
Nice romance and the adult scenes are not over the top. Great story line and characters are awesome.
Mary
Cynthia
Jun 17, 2019
T. Rosado
Jun 19, 2019

• The Deception (Filthy Rich Americans, #3)
  • The Obsession (Filthy Rich Americans, #2)
  • The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans, #1)
  • Earl of Oakhurst
  • We Contain Multitudes
  • Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)
  • I Wish You All the Best
  • Amazons, Abolitionists, and Activists: A Graphic History of Women's Fight for Their Rights
  • Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy, #2)
  • Wicked Fox (Gumiho, #1)
  • Not Always a Saint (The Lost Lords, #7)
  • Never Less Than a Lady (Lost Lords, #2)
  • Loving a Lost Lord (Lost Lords, #1)
  • Nowhere Near Respectable (Lost Lords, #3)
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Wanton in Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 3)
  • A Royal Christmas Wish
  • The Masks of Under Starter Set: Books 1-3
Author of smart, sexy Southern contemporary romance, Regency historicals, & heartfelt Women's Fiction
Series include:
Sweet Home Alabama
Cottonbloom
Spies and Lovers
Heart of a Hero
Highland, Georgia

Highland, Georgia (2 books)
  • A Highlander Walks into a Bar (Highland, Georgia, #1)