Start by marking “Keystone” as Want to Read:
Keystone

Keystone

When Ella Karman debuts on the Social Stock Exchange, she finds out life as a high-profile "Influencer" isn't what she expected. Everyone around her is consumed by their rankings, in creating the smoke and mirrors that make them the envy of the world.

But then Ella’s best friend betrays her, her rankings tank, and she loses—everything.

Leaving her old life behind, she joins
Published January 7th 2020 by Entangled: Teen

Start your review of Keystone
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Pages: 400.
Publication: January 7th 2020

“Goonies Never Say Die!” Or do they always say die?

I really liked this book. It was original, fun and extremely interesting. It was a young adult dystopian fantasy set in the not too distant future and with the way technology and social media have been booming some of the concepts don’t seem too far off. The main character is Ella, the daughter of a former actor and actress who are now huge social media influencers. Her favorite movie (and mine) is the
Toni
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
The premise of the book is really original. It takes the concept of social media influencers, popularity and social capital and explores it in a dystopian world. There are fascinating characters, never ending twists and turns - the book is really gripping and will keep you on the edge of your seat better than any heist movie. There is romance as well with masterfully built attraction and tension, but, for me, the book is mostly about Ella/Elisha's character development, her learning to trust ...more
D.M.
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
In theory, this is my kind of book. It’s a dystopian world, Young Adult with a little romance. I really struggled with this book. It’s written in the present (future) and the past.

Ella Karmen is the daughter of an influential couple but she has a secret. Trusting the wrong people in a world where being perfect is vital. Imagine needing follows on social media but taken to the extreme. Being with the in-crowd has never been so deadly when they know your life isn’t quite what people thought.

Ella
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Keystone was an instant favorite! It enraptured me in its spell and was impossible to put down. With characters that quickly snuck into my heart and a story-line that had me turning the pages faster and faster, I absolutely loved this book! It's unlike anything I've ever read before. If you enjoy dystopian, science fiction, a fabulous group of friends or even rooting for a heroine in a new world, then definitely add this one to your tbr!
Right then, I bottled up my feelings, turned them off,
Kristi
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Keystone by Katie Delahanty is original and unique, looking at a future dystopian world in which everyone is graded on the Social Stock exchange. Think Instagram on major steroids and then times that by 1000. It’s the current currency and if you don’t rank or are unrankable, life can be pretty difficult. As Ella says:

“My parents taught me Index ranking is everything. If you don’t rank, you don’t matter.”

Ella is the main character and narrator – gifted with extreme intuitive sense; she is the
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
This book had a great pace and I didn’t want to put it down. It also felt pretty unique to me.

Keystone takes place in a futuristic California. Social status is everything. If you’re an Influencer, you’re good. Everything you do is on camera and you can rarely have secrets. Ella Karman debuts at a really high price on the Social Stock Exchange, so she becomes a target for other girls to take her down. Ella’s actor parents do have a big secret though. Ella isn’t their daughter. She was created
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
“It sucked, but I’ve lived and breathed my numbers forever. Who am I without them?”

Do you want to know what my first initial reaction to this was? It was the Black Mirror episode Nosedive featuring Bryce Howard Dallas. It basically tells the story of a woman OBSESSED with her ranking and will stop at nothing in order to bring it up. In my opinion, it was one of the most depressing episodes I’d seen because it rang so true to our world now. Where looking good and presenting a perfect picture of
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult / Dystopian
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

Katie Delahanty's Keystone is first of three books in a yet to be named series. The book is reminiscent of Bryce Dallas Howard's Black Mirror episode called Nosedive. The story alternates between the years 20x4 and 20x5 where Ella is debuting on the Social Stock Exchange with a very high debut price. Ella Karman's life was dependent on being an Influencer. She wore a Life Stream that followed her everywhere she went. The more
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Always say die

Keystone was a sweet techie futuristic read that I got sucked into, right from the start. I really liked Ellie, she was a heroine that was conflicted but also brave and definitely goes through some emotional growth during her journey.

The whole idea of a future where being online and connected becomes all consuming and technology is being used to manipulate, re-write and sometimes completely wipe out moments in history pretty much blew my mind.

Memorable Moments:
I loved the
Aoife
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
In a world ruled by social media standing, Ella must fight to determine her own value.

I tried. I tried really hard, I got to 27% of this strange, frustrating book. I love the mini trend going on at the moment of books centered around social media and how it affects people. However, this one starts in the middle of the story and reveals the beginning in flashbacks, and things just weren't making sense without that background.

I don't mind a story that starts in the middle and then jumps back
Shatarupa  Dhar
Note: Ella Karman / Elisha DeWitt / Ellie are the same person.

Series: Nothing announced as such but the Epilogue certainly keeps options open.

Synopsis:
Ella Karman is a regular seventeen-year-old girl, as regular as can be in a dystopian world divided into factions based on popularity. She is an Influencer, the only daughter of her actor parents, who should have enjoyed her time at Intersection – the Hollywood high school. But the problem is that after years of home-schooling, she is
Lindsay Short
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who enjoy books like "Hunger Games" or "Red Rising"
Shelves: kindle, edelweiss
I have a thing for YA dystopian stories. I haven't read any in awhile but I'm glad Keystone was the book to get me back into this genre.

The story is based on a world where people follow your life through social media and if you do something that disrupts your rank, your life as you know it will go down the drain.

This book is written with what Ella is experiencing currently, and throughout that time she is writing in her journal which is where you get a glimpse on what happened in her past.

Ella
Olivia
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
KEYSTONE is an interesting YA dystopian. In the future, the world is now one collective country and is primarily ruled by consumerism. There are multiple classes, and the seemingly top of the top is the Influencer class, where their worth is decided by the companies who invest in them. Ella was born to two Influencer parents, who mainly wanted the monetary bump having a baby would give them. They have expected her to now earn her own.

Ella, however, wants out. She does not fit into this world,
gwendalyn _books_
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was received from the Author, and Publisher, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own

Keystoneby Katie Delahanty is a Young Adult Dystopian, and it involves a world of everyone wanting to have the highest rankings as an ‘Influencer.’ Unfortunately, if you don’t keep up with your rankings or if you do something to have your rankings tank, then you may end up being Unrankable.
The main protagonist , Ella Karman, has been
Madison
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I went through a whole range of reactions while reading Keystone. I couldn’t have hated the beginning more. I was disconnected, confused and ready to put the book down and never pick it back up. However, I reasoned I was very busy at work and was only reading the book in short fits and I really should give it a better chance to capture my attention. I’m glad I did. One week into my holiday, I picked it up again. There were sections in the middle that made me cringe, but the story comes together ...more
gwendalyn _books_
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it

The main protagonist , Ella Karman, has been
Lisa Mandina
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This one really intrigued me from the idea being similar to the only episode of Black Mirror that I have watched. Because that's what I was relating it to as I started the book, at first I was a bit disappointed that the story didn't start out with us spending time with Ella in this world of being an Influencer. However, as we got further along, the way those days were brought in with her journaling to try to get past what she was feeling guilty about, it definitely hit hard how things had been ...more
Sascha
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Despite being initially confused, I loved this page-turning dystopian novel by Katie Delahanty. Unlike many writers who bring the story gradually to their readers, Delahanty tossed us and her main character, Ella, into the deep end, quite literally for Ella.

Ella is the dystopian version of an influencer. Rather than just being online at intervals, almost all of her life is spent online. It’s a life she hates, especially when she sees what it does to her friend. When the opportunity arises for
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
*Thanks to Entangled Teen and MTMC Tours for the review copy!*

Keystone turned out to be my first read of the year and it made for an intriguing journey through a maybe not-so-distant future where social media/influencer status is the new currency! It’s full of heists and betrayal, and there’s a society that trains you to become en epic thief.

Check out our tour stop here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6_eNGgBSLr/

Full review to come soon.*
Cocktails and Books
3.5 Cocktails
Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)
Dec 26, 2019 marked it as tbr-science-fiction
What an amazing surprise to get home to see that I have this amazing beauty in my box! Can't wait to read this!! Thanks to the amazing author for the ARC!

books are love
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 really

So there is good and bad to this book. The world building is good in some areas.The building on Keystone is good. The one involving Influencers and the social network could use more fleshing out. The look at Ella’s past is good but her distrust hurts her. Our look at Garrett could use more fleshing as well. Personally I don’t think he is what people in the end are labeling him as and that things aren’t as they seem. I also believe that with the hints left he was part of Ella’s past.
Lu
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange of an honest review. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Ella Karman's life is a peculiar one and a lie. Her existence was engineered, from a donor embryo, a surrogate farm to create a perfect daughter for the perfect Hollywood couple and to built an empire (how to have a perfect body after a baby) on the same lie.
Ella's world is all based on appeareance, numbers, how to be an
Kristi
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Thank you so much to Entangled Teen for providing me with a copy of Keystone, via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

Ella’s parents are high ranking influencers, in a society where your ratings are everything. When Ella debuts for a high price on the social stock exchange, just before she joins an elite school, she realises her fellow influencers can and will do anything to keep their top rankings. After being betrayed by a friend, Ella is forced to join a secret society for thieves,
Eroine Penzel
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is honestly the reason why people have prejudices towards the entire YA genre.
I picked up this book immediately as it was targeted as a “Black Mirror” YA remake, delving in the rather problematic subject of online friendship and how social media expectations have started ruining our life, but none of this was truly explored.
Although I do admit that the main character’s story with her friends is rather interesting (and something I have personally lived on my skin, partially) the entire
Amy
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, favorites-2020
Note: I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All opinions shared are my own.

Keystone by Katie Delahanty was my first 5-star read of the year. I absolutely LOVED it. Social media went wrong. A school for thieves. & A whole lot of secrets. It was absolutely my kind of story.

In Keystone‘s dystopian world, social media is currency, and your wealth depends on your social ranking. There are three main social standings: influencer, maker, and unrankables. The main
Julie
Now this is a little different from what I usually read. It’s basically a story of social media gone mad!! From birth you are put on a social platform, your whole life is for public viewing, the more views you get, the more adulation you get. If your at the top of the “social stock exchange” then there is nothing you won’t do to stay there.....

Once you get use to the jumping from past to present it an interesting read. Ella is the product of a social moment (no love) her “parents” did it to
Athina (booknotes_athina)
I received an ARC of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
You can read the full review also on my blog https://booknotesbyathina.blogspot.com/

Keystone is a young adult science fiction dystopian book with a very unique concept that is very apt for our days. In this not so distant future social media is above everything and in a way controls everything.
It is full of plot twists and secrets until the very end and that made it even more enjoyable for me. Did I mention there is
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm new to the world of Katie Delahanty, and I have to say that I'm duly impressed that she got me so invested in a dystopian world, which is something that I don't read much of for whatever reason. Different strokes for different folks & all. Let me tell you, it was one hell of a ride for real! Its the story of Ella Karman, who's a social media "influencer", until her best friend destroys it all for her when she betrays Ella. And this is how she got to Keystone, which is simply put, a spy ...more

• Tweet Cute
  • Demon Bound
  • Reverie
  • Coral
  • Rogue Princess
  • The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2)
  • The Pretenders (The Similars, #2)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Chosen (Slayer, #2)
  • Jane Anonymous
  • I'm Not Dying with You Tonight
  • Song of the Crimson Flower
  • Finding Mr. Better-Than-You
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • Christmas Shopaholic
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • Cub
Katie is a fashion designer turned novelist. She graduated with a BA in Communication Studies from UCLA and a Professional Designation in Fashion Design from FIDM. It never occurred to her that she was a writer until an economic crisis induced career shift from lingerie designer to ecommerce webmistress led her to start the company blog. Not being an expert in lingerie, she decided to write the ...more