Start by marking “The Queen of Raiders (The Nine Realms, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Queen of Raiders (The Nine Realms, #2)

The Queen of Raiders

(The Nine Realms #2)

Sarah Kozloff, author of A Queen in Hiding, continues the breathtaking and cinematic epic fantasy series The Nine Realms with book two, The Queen of Raiders, and all four books will be published within a month of each other, so you can binge your favorite new fantasy series.

The soliders of Oromondo have invaded the Free States, leaving a wake of misery and death. Thalen, a
Published February 18th 2020 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about The Queen of Raiders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Queen of Raiders

Start your review of The Queen of Raiders (The Nine Realms, #2)
Toni
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Queen of Raiders is a continuation of A Queen in Hiding, the first book in the Nine Realms series. The expectations have been raised very high, and Sarah Kozloff doesn't disappoint, delivering another well-written and memorable epic fantasy book.
The book focuses on the resistance to the Oromodo occupation of the Free states as well as giving us more insight into the events in Weirdale, which is still under the rule of power mad Lord Regent Matwyck.
Thalen and his devoted followers adopt the
Mogsy (MMOGC)
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2020/03/03/...

Not wasting a beat, The Queen of Raiders by Sarah Kozloff plunges back into the war-ravaged world of The Nine Realms, picking up where A Queen in Hiding left off. This review assumes youve read the first book and may contain discussions about the previous volumes events, so proceed with caution!

With Queen Cressa of Weirandale dead, the crown now belongs to her daughter Céruliaexcept the young princess is still in exile,
Beth
I received this ARC copy of The Queen of Raiders from Tor Books - Macmillion. This is my honest and voluntary review. The Queen of Raiders is set for publication Feb. 18, 2020.
Traveling Cloak
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Nine Realms epic continues in Book 2 of the Series, The Queen of Raiders, as the Oromondo continue to occupy the Free States. Cerulia persists in her search for a path back to Weriandale (and its throne) after fleeing her enemies and landing on the island of Slagos. The would-be Queen must learn how to master her Talent as she learns more about herself and her ability to lead.

Meanwhile, supported by an underground resistance group, Thalen and his raiders continue to pester the Oros and have
Michelle M
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
6/6
I cant wait to see what happens next!!!
Such a great book! I really like all the threads coming together and spinning away to set up the next book! Poor Skylark!!! T.T
gwendalyn _books_
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was received from the Author, and Publisher, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

Sarah Kozloff, delivers another stunning epic fantasy book that takes a more political elements, in focuses on the resistance to the Oromodo occupation of the Free states.
Giving the reader an insight into the events in Weirdale, which is still under the thumb of power mad Lord Regent Matwyck. Thalen and his devoted followers have adoptive
E.K.
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
A lot of the time I feel like some books in a series are transition books. You know, where nothing really happens and is more to prepare you for the upcoming books. This apparently is called second book syndrome, although they might not be the same thing. One thing I do know is that The Queen of Raiders is a transition book. That being said I really enjoyed it and have been dying to read it since I read AQIH.

Even though most of the book is of various people travelling, something that I find
Annarella
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, edelweiss
A great story by a talented storyteller.
The amazing world building, the well crafted plot that flows, the interesting and fleshed out cast of characters are the elements that made me love this story.
Even if I didn't read the previous instalment I had no issues with the plot or the characters.
Can't wait to read the next book.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Edelweiss for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Tenli
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Full of action, great characters, and set in a well drawn world, the second volume in the Nine Realms tetralogy is as much fun as the first. Since the series is designed for binging, the next one comes out in April. Hooray!
Christina
Mar 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
Good book, not as amazing as the first one. A needed transition book for the series, but maybe 100 pages or so less of the traveling.
Jasmine
Feb 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Mixed feelings after finishing this book... As much as I enjoyed learning more about the
Lois Young
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A continuation of the political affairs in the Nine Realms. We learn happens to everyone, everywhere. Both the religion and the military sequences were believable and helped with the world building. I'm eager to start Book 3!

"The Queen of Raiders" is an excellent follow-up to "A Queen in Hiding." Fans will appreciate how the conflicts continue in their own direction while all of the characters develop and participate in maintaining order through those conflicts. This action-packed part of the
Valerie Smith
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Queen of Raiders (The Nine Realms,#2)
Sarah Kozloff

4.5 Stars

The Queen of Raiders, book #2 in the Nine Realms epic fantasy series by Sarah Kozloff, directly follows where A Queen in Hiding ends. Multiple storylines following our characters unfold simultaneously but weave their way together detailing an epic fantasy that is vivid, enthralling, and invigorating.

The princella, Cérulia of Weirandale is still on the run from the Lord Regent Matwyck. After leaving her home she makes her way to
Feb 29, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Witch in Time
  • Pumpkinheads
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • A Heart of Blood and Ashes (A Gathering of Dragons, #1)
  • How to Start a Revolution: Young People and the Future of American Politics
  • Whose Story Is This? Old Conflicts, New Chapters
  • Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death
  • The Unwilling
  • Because Internet: Understanding the New Rules of Language
  • We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya, #1)
  • Never Kiss a Duke (Hazards of Dukes, #1)
  • Bloom
  • X'ed Out
  • Girls with Razor Hearts (Girls with Sharp Sticks, #2)
  • The Luminous Dead
  • Book Love
  • Strange Planet
  • Cocaine Blues (Phryne Fisher, #1)
Sarah Kozloff has had three careers.

In the late 1970s, she worked in production on features, documentaries, television shows, and commercials in NYC.

Following a Ph.D. from Stanford University, she became an academic, teaching film history at Vassar College for 30 years.

In recent years she has re-invented herself as a novelist. Her four volume, epic fantasy, THE NINE REALMS, will be published by

The Nine Realms (4 books)
  • A Queen in Hiding (The Nine Realms, #1)
  • A Broken Queen (The Nine Realms, #3)
  • The Cerulean Queen (The Nine Realms, #4)

News & Interviews

“In the morning of the second day they found their healer, a middle-aged man named Cerf who had lost his sons in the Rout and his grief-addled wife to suicide.” 0 likes