Start by marking “Servant of the Crown” as Want to Read:
Servant of the Crown

Servant of the Crown

(Dragonslayer #3)

The Exciting Conclusion to the Dragonslayer Trilogy
Long laid plans finally bear fruit, but will it prove as sweet as hoped for? With the king on his deathbed, the power Amaury has sought for so long is finally in his grasp.

As opposition gathers from unexpected places, dragonkind fights for survival and a long-awaited reckoning grows close.

Sol�ne masters her magic, but
Published March 10th 2020 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Servant of the Crown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Servant of the Crown

Start your review of Servant of the Crown
Duncan Hamilton
Dec 19, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Not a review - just a placeholder where I can post some updates to keep you all informed of how things are progressing!

10-03-20 Release day is here! Servant of the Crown, the concluding part of The Dragonslayer trilogy, is now available in hardcover, paperback, ebook, and audiobook - once again narrated by the superb Simon Vance!

12-12-19 Servant of the Crown is all finished, and ready for launch on 10 March 2020. It's crazy to think that the whole trilogy is nearly at its end - and from my work
kartik narayanan
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Servant of the Crown is a great conclusion to the Dragonslayer series, at least for the current story arc.

The two aspects of the series that have stood out for me so far are the sheer pragmatism of the characters as well as their believable motivations. Numerous characters - main & side - have a satisfying character arc. Their beliefs are challenged; some of them grow for the better out of this and some grow worse. But, this is not just an arc oriented around unreal changes rather these arc
Dave
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third book of the trilogy will not disappoint you. Gil, Solene and Amaury all have their twists and turns throughout the book. What Duncan Hamilton created in his first and second books just flows into this one.

5 stars for not only this book, but the whole trilogy.
Tim Price
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and Servant of the Crown is a great conclusion to the series. I really enjoyed following Gil and the other characters from beginning to end. Great series and well worth taking the time to read it.
Priya
Dec 09, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait 😍😍
Traveling Cloak
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis

The King is dying, putting the whole Kingdom in an uproar, as Amaury sets his final plans to make a play for the throne in motion. When news of the living dragons reaches his ears, Amaurys scheme gets even more sinister. If he can paint himself as a hero during these times of strife, who is going to stop him?

Gill and Solene find a few friends who are willing to help. Can the kingdom be saved? And what is to be the fate of the dragons? Everything comes to a head in SERVANT OF THE CROWN,
Libriamo3116
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-2020
Thank you Tor Books and NetGalley for providing me with a free digital copy in exchange for an honest review.

After leaving off with a huge cliffhanger at the end of Knight of the Silver Circle, book two of The Dragonslayer series, Duncan M. Hamilton leads into the last book by focusing on a side character from book two, a lad named Val. With Guillot's letter of recommendation in hand, he makes his way to begin apprenticing in hopes of being a banneret one day. Even small characters like this
Tori Tecken
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 stars.

In the conclusion to Hamilton's trilogy, we find Gill, Solene, and Pharadon joining forces to destroy the threat of Amaury's control over the city of Mirabay and return King Baudain back to his rightful place on the throne.

I find Hamilton's style of writing relaxing to read. There is a lot of internal thoughts and exploration done with each character. While this did become tedious in some areas, specifically those leading up to action scenes and conflict, it was refreshing to see
Betsy Scalzo
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last volume of this trilogy begins with high expectations, since we the readers know that we are finally going to get all of our questions answered. As with the last volume, I think new readers will miss much of the story without the context of the previous two volumes.

This volume begins with Val, the squire, arriving in Mirabaya to attend the academy for the bannerets. How he becomes a banneret is quite a subplot in itself. The bulk of the story is about how the king is rescued, and how he
Laura Newsholme
This was a bit of a lacklustre conclusion to the series for me, which is a shame because I have enjoyed both of the previous books. It tells the story of Gill and Solene as they try to foil the Prince Bishop once and for all.

The Positives: I enjoyed the magical aspects of this book very much and the way in which Solene's magical abilities are improved and used to further the action. I also loved all of the dragon action!

The Negatives: This was too focused on the military action of the world and
Cindy
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful conclusion to the trilogy and I was sad to finish those last few chapters knowing it was the end. Gil, Solene, Amaury, Boudain, Pharadon, Val(damar) and Ysabeau... I feel as if I know the characters intimately and that is something only a truly remarkable author can accomplish. There are aspects of each character the reader can relate to with many moralistic choices to be made. I absolutely loved the surprises in this book with Val and Ysabeau. The battle scenes were fun to ...more
Brandon
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had some personal things that kept me from getting to this as quickly as I would have liked. It was more than worth the wait.

I have been been a huge fan of Duncan's ever since reading The Tattered Banner and I have stayed current on all of his work from that point on. He has a gift for making each book in a series better than the last and this one was no different.

Honestly it felt like there was enough material for this to have stretched out for another book or two but it did not feel rushed
Bakertyl
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series started strong, dragged a little, and then finished strong.

I loved how comfortable I became with the characters, how they became more and more real through the series. I like that each character was "real", they had motivations I could understand, and I mean, that's HUGE. I hate the Fanasty/SciFi bullshit of people doing "the right thing" because reasons. Hamilton does a good job making his characters someone I could see existing in my world.

**I received a copy of this book from
Paulo De Sa
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
I have received an Arc copy in exchange of a honest review

This is the last part of a trilogy that has everything to be perfect, magic, humor, love, blood shading, dragons etc. and Mr. Duncan write it perfectly and with a great flow, without unnecessary pauses.
This tribology is over, but it has open space for a lot of new one storys in this realm with new foes that are appearing in this one and all the others characters in the other books.
Let us see what Duncan will create next and I hope to read
Kyle
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great conclusion to the Dragon Slayer Trilogy. As part of the ARC group I was lucky to have access to the last two books.

Endings are the hardest part as a reader. Taking time to commit to exploring a world can be a risk but Duncan delivers.

There left a lot that could still be explored and I would not hate if there were more books with these characters to come.
Miss S
What a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy. There isn't a moment that I wasn't completely enthralled, as before a wonderful mix of everything good, magic, dragons and sword fighting and not a dull moment.
I cannot recommend this trilogy enough and can guarantee you will not be disappointed with this final instalment.
Annarella
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
A great conclusion for a great series. The plot, the storytelling, the characters and the world building are as amazing as usual.
Strongly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Edelwiss for this ARC, all opinions are mine
Alex D.
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I looked forward to the final book of the trilogy and was not disappointed. There are endless twists and turns, keeping the highly imaginative story entertaining. Character development was great, leaving me sad to leave these friends behind. So much fun!
Gina Basham
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent conclusion

I can see the next series and I will read it. I enjoyed the conclusion and the entire series. I read this during the pandemic and it was the perfect distraction. Read the entire series you will love it. I can highly recommend .Gbash
Buddy Flowers
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great conclusion to the trilogy, well worth the wait!
Stalin
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Duncan has outdone himself again. An amazing conclusion to a riveting story. I can't wait to see what you have in store for your readers next.
cnmrphgmail.com
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely wonderful trilogy and I highly recommend all three books - you will not regret it !!
Dan Phillips
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Satisfying conclusion to a great trilogy.
Joanna Bennett
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
eARC provided by publisher through NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

I have read this whole series now and it feels good to finally have completed it. Although it was a bit of rocky start in book one, it all came together by the end with this one being filled with all the adventure I needed.

Just like the other books, there are many point-of-views that take place. There are obviously characters that I liked reading about more than others. I was sad to see one character that had potential die. I
Jonny Owusu
Mar 19, 2020
Scott
Mar 15, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Age of Death (The Legends of the First Empire, #5)
  • A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
  • The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3)
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Of Sand and Snow (The Wings of War, #5)
  • The Black Hawks (Articles of Faith, #1)
  • Lies of the Beholder (Legion, #3)
  • The Dragon Reborn (The Wheel of Time, #3)
  • Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle, #3)
  • The Slow Regard of Silent Things (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2.5)
  • The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, #2)
  • Skin Deep (Legion, #2)
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Eldest (The Inheritance Cycle, #2)
  • The Loneliest Girl in the Universe
  • Stormcaster (Shattered Realms, #3)
  • The Light of All That Falls (The Licanius Trilogy, #3)
  • Shadowcaster (Shattered Realms, #2)
Hi, thanks for visiting my page. Im Duncan, a fantasy author from Ireland. I love to blend my passion for Medieval and Renaissance history with the freedom of fantasy environments to create fast paced heroic fantasy adventures with compelling characters and high stakesexactly the types of stories that I love to read, so I hope youll like them too.

You can find more of my online hangouts and my work

Dragonslayer (3 books)