Start by marking “Cowboy for Hire (Wishing River, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cowboy for Hire (Wishing River, #2)

Cowboy for Hire

(Wishing River #2)

When a shy woman inherits a ranch, she’ll have to find an inner strength to succeed—and open herself up to love—in this heartwarming novel from New York Times bestselling author Victoria James.

Sarah Turner has led a very sheltered life. So when her parents pass away tragically, suddenly she’s left in charge of the family ranch with little know-how but plenty of will to

Paperback, 1st edition, 400 pages
Expected publication: March 31st 2020 by Entangled: Amara

Win a Copy of This Book

• Cowboy for Hire by Victoria  James
    Cowboy for Hire (Wishing River, #2)
    Release date: Mar 31, 2020
    Enter to win a print copy of Victoria James' highly anticipated new romance, COWBOY FOR HIRE!

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 1832 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 03 - Mar 03, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy for Hire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy for Hire

Start your review of Cowboy for Hire (Wishing River, #2)
    Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
    Pretty good. Missing the fire and sizzle.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    I have to say this book left me with many mixed feelings. On one hand the beginning was a bit humorous and started with a fun twist. On the other, I really had issue with Sarah’s character.

This book is the first one I have read by this author so I really had no idea what to expect. I do love a great cowboy romance and this one looked so promising.

Cade was a doll and even though he had his own issues, he had a lot going for him. He was caring
    Esther
    ARC provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Review to come.
    Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
    Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Cade and Sara are to broken individuals who come together for the good of keeping her family ranch running. Cade comes from a dysfunctional home and feels he has nothing to offer in terms of relationship material. Sara was a sheltered woman brought up with rigid rules. When her parents dies he is left with the ranch a newfound freedom. Hiring Cade was the first step in learning how to run a ranch but she gained a whole lot more. Can these two broken individuals find a common ground to build ...more
    Maranda
    Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Sarah Turner needs to rejoin the world and find a ranch foreman to teach her to run it. Cade Walker is a man wanting to prove himself worthy to be kept around. Great story of healing and trust that leads to romance. "A copy of this book was provided by Entangled via NetGalley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion." Great part of a series I had no trouble reading as a stand alone.
    Pamela
    Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
    Where to begin with this book? I should start by saying it has its moments.

That said, I did expect more from it. More conflict, more tension to keep me turning the pages. On their own, the characters were super likable and both had so much depth. I could see the story unfolding in real life, but a story is not supposed to be like real life. It's supposed to have a conflict. I guess this is what bothered me the most.

Fine, okay, there is a conflict, but...

I don't want to spoil anything, even
    Teresa
    Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
    **I received a copy of Cowboy for Hire from Entangled Publishing and Net Galley in exchange for a voluntary and honest review.**

Cowboy for Hire by Victoria James is the second book in her Wishing River series. I do have to say that I liked the first book more but this addition did have its moments. There are two damaged souls, a overprotective housekeeper, Mrs. Casey, who tells it like it is and loves her glass of whiskey (This is my fav), a troubled past for both Sarah Turner and Cade Walker
    Connie
    Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I received a complimentary copy of this book from Entangled Publishing via NetGalley and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

I fell in love with Wishing River with the first book of the series, "The Trouble with Cowboys". OMGosh, I couldn't read the story fast enough. This story is no different. I devoured the pages and I didn't want to stop reading. Ms. James has been a fantastic job of story-telling. She masterfully crafted a tale of two damaged souls coming together to overcome their past.

Sarah is
    Yvonne Cruz
    Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This second story in the series, is worth your time.
    The story centers around Sarah Turner and Cade Walker.
    Sarah’s happy childhood changed when she was 10. Her brother’s life came to a tragic end and from that day on, her life was one of sadness, no love, sheltered and lonely. After the death of her parents, she is left to run the family ranch. Something she always wanted to do, but has no idea how to do. An ad brings Cade to her door.
    Cade, whom we met in book one, is a complex man who believes
    Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
    After tragedy hits Sarah Turner struggles to find her way not only in her personal life, but also on the family ranch. Losing her parents leaves her at a loss on all fronts, she doesn't have a clue how to run the ranch, but knows she better figure it out quick or she runs the risk of losing it. She desperately needs help!

Which leads her to place an ad for a ranch hand, and winds up getting far more than she bargained for when Cade Walker answers it.

With it's delightful story line and charming
    Jane
    Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    ****Cowboy for Hire is an entertaining story about two damaged individuals. Sarah has been isolated from any kind of personal relationships except family since her brother’s death 16 years ago. Cade’s family left him with a significant distrust of any kind of loving relationship. Sarah needs help learning to run the ranch she’s inherited. She has decided that living a life in isolation and by rules she never set is no longer the life she wants. Hiring Cade as her ranch manager is the first step ...more
    Christina Montminy
    Sweet & sad is how I think of this book. Author Victoria James has weaved a tale of sadness & pain from the past with the sweetness & hope for the future. Cade & Sarah are both damaged by the past & fighting to prove that it won’t damage them any further. The connection between them was great right f on first meeting. I enjoyed Sarah’s quirkinesses with her old sayings & I loved Cade’s determination to make Sarah’s life easier & better for her. I was saddened by how ...more
    B.
    Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This was rather touching with both main characters damaged. Sarah’s brother had died when she was a child and ever since then her parents lived life in limbo while isolating Sarah on their ranch. After they died, she literally had no friends. She hasn’t done anything or seen anything in her life. She has finally decided to hire a new ranch manager and ask him to train her so that she can gain experience managing her own ranch.

Cade came from nothing and has worked hard all his life to make
    Linda Quick
    Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Loved this book! Sarah is a sweet and likable girl who was so over-protected by her family that she no longer knows how to function in society and has no idea how to run the ranch she inherited. Cade is cowboy with a horrible past sees his only value as his work product. When he is hired as the ranch foreman, he learns that part of the job is to train Sarah on how to run the ranch. Despite how broken Sarah is, he can't turn away from her, even though she's too good for him.

This is very much a
    Lori
    Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I was offered an Advanced Copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. I accepted the ARC since I had already read the first book in the series. I hesitated on requesting a copy from NetGalley because I didn't know if I would care for it. I...was...WRONG! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and couldn't get enough of it. I took my tablet everywhere with me and stole every moment possible to read a little more about Sarah and Cade.

This was such a fun story and it was pretty
    Halima
    Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
    A big thank you to Riki Cleveland for giving me the ARC of the book through Netgalley.

It was a slow starter but once it picked up pace, there was no looking back. It was a tear jerker through and through.

The issues of mental health were delicately but sufficiently handled. The complexity of human nature has been dealt with beautifully. The character formation is commendable. A must read for Romance readers. They are sure to devour this book.
    Rebecca Goss
    Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Cade is hired to be the ranch foreman. Sarah was left the ranch when her parents died and she needs help learning to manage it. She has been sheltered due to a family tragedy. She has no friends and is intrigued by Cade. There are plenty of obstacles getting in the way of their romance, mostly themselves, but it is such a sweet story. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
    Pbkreader
    Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Although this book is the second in a series by Victoria James, reading it as a stand alone was fine. Sarah and Cade are well drawn characters with miserable histories that have held them back throught their lives. Can they come to terms with their pasts and put aside their differences? Pick up a copy of #CowboyForHire to learn their fate. You'll surely enjoy this sweet romance!
    Thanks to #Netgalley for providing me with an ARC in return for an honest review.
    Pelusa Rivera
    After reading the first book I was wanting Cade's book, I had originally thought that Dean would come first, but I was wrong. In this book we meet Sarah Turner who was sheltered after a family tragedy. Now she is the only member in her family and needs to make the ranch successful. She ends up hiring Cade, who leaves the ranch he kind of grew up in, because he feels that his friend need to build his life with his new bride..Cade broke my heart his family were horrible people, and him helping ...more
    Kim Vanravenswaay
    Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Cowboy For Hire, is a really sad romance novel. Sarah is strong to have made it through what happened as a kid. But also shows us what grief can do to destroy a family. Cade is so gentle with her. He has his own demons to overcome.
    Jessica
    I wanted to like this one and it just wasn’t in the cards for me. I couldn’t connect with these characters so I gave up and DNF.
    Jeanne
    Angie Sanchez
    Deborah Gerhart
    Bettye Short
    Feb 03, 2020

• The Two-Date Rule (Smokejumper, #1)
    • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
    • Critical Doubt (Off The Grid: FBI #7)
    • Wrong Bed, Right Man
    • Great and Precious Things
    • For the Win (Wynn Hockey, #4)
    • The Kiss List (Love List #1)
    • The Demigod Complex (Brimstone Inc., #1)
    • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
    • If You Must Know (Potomac Point, #1)
    • Hard Justice (Cobra Elite, #3)
    • The Moonglow Sisters
    • War of Hearts
    • Cabin 1 (Steele Shadows Security #1)
    • Love Overrules the Lawyer (Cat's Paw Cove #10)
    • A Conspiracy of Bones (Temperance Brennan, #19)
    • The Big Finish
    • Outmatched
    Victoria James is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance.

She is a hopeless romantic who is living her dream, penning happily-ever-after's for her characters in between managing kids and the family business. Writing on a laptop in the middle of the country in a rambling old Victorian house would be ideal, but she's quite content living in suburbia with her

Wishing River (2 books)
    • The Trouble with Cowboys (Wishing River, #1)