Start by marking “The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)

The Silvered Serpents

(The Gilded Wolves #2)

They are each others fiercest love, greatest danger, and only hope.

Séverin and his team members might have successfully thwarted the Fallen House, but victory came at a terrible cost one that still haunts all of them. Desperate to make amends, Séverin pursues a dangerous lead to find a long lost artifact rumoured to grant its possessor the power of God.

Their hunt lures
Expected publication: September 22nd 2020 by Wednesday Books

To ask other readers questions about The Silvered Serpents, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Darth Yeah... I need to reread the story coz I remember 0% and yeah I remember that twist
A. Basile Yes! Roshani Chokshi announced on her Instagram (Oct. 22) that SILVERED SERPANTS would be released in September 2020, instead of in February. She also…moreYes! Roshani Chokshi announced on her Instagram (Oct. 22) that SILVERED SERPANTS would be released in September 2020, instead of in February. She also added that it wasn't due to story changes, but because of "behind the scenes considerations." (less)

Start your review of The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)
Chaima ✨ شيماء
things that make me happy: new anticipated releases

things that make me sad: waiting for new anticipated releases to come out
Nilufer Ozmekik
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ladies and gentlemen we have a big winner!!!! I proudly declare that I finished one of the best books of 2020 right now!

I cannot believe how much I loved this book, I gave four stars to the first one and but when I compare two of them, its only fair to give this one ten gazillion stars because this is so so so so sooooooooo much better. Can you hear I still slap my forehead for waiting too much to get this into my hands? BANG BANG BANG(Yes, my skull is too thick! Made by more woods than flesh!)

Teodora
me: *looking through some fancy opera glasses* well hello there you beautiful gorgeous twisty sequel 👀
Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

THIS BOOK WAS ABSOLUTELY MENTAL AND I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. It wasnt as confusing as the first instalment. The plot was faster with even higher stakes, leaving me so very worried for my precious babies. I was left an absolute mess and know Ill have a torturous wait for the third book to release. *cries*

This was a sequel DONE RIGHT.

RTC
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Update: After 3 weeks of waiting my request on NetGalley has been declined and I'm devastated! T_T
Looks like I'll just have to wait until the book hits our stores. *sighs*
__________________________

The new year barely started but for me September can't come soon enough!!
How am I supposed to survive this long wait?!!

Alright, I'll just continue to live in denial!
The ending of "The Gilded Wolves" never happened!
Everything is going to be fine!
*takes a deep breath*
*takes another deep breath*

Damn.
Trisha ^_^
Roshani Chokshi: Releases THE BEST BOOK SINCE SIX OF CROWS
Me: DEVOURS IT
Roshani Chokshi: Oh, BTW's, the next one comes out in a year
Me: *Drinks water *SPITS IT OUT
Roshani Chokshi: Not a problem, right?
Me: Figuring out if my grades would be okay if I went into a coma until 2020

After those last two chapters, I can't. THAT ENDING. THE TENSION. THE CLIFFHANGER.
gbfhuklhgoeiwgo
Chelsea Humphrey
Sep 23, 2019 is currently reading it
Recommended to Chelsea by: St. Martin's Press
Goodreads Giveaway, FTW!

****************

Me, trying to keep it together while holding my most anticipated 2020 release:

description

*Many thanks to the publisher for providing my review copy.
booksneedcaffeinetoo
A small part of him hesitated, but he steeled himself. He was doing this for them. For his friends. The more he cared about their feelings, the harder his task became. And so he endeavored to feel nothing at all.

Everything has been building to this book.

We have heists.
We have travel.
We have stakes that are higher than they ever were before.

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for an eARC in exchange for an honest review

Also can I just give a shout out to Roshani who knows how to craft
Lina~Blackbird Queen
Jan 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
#1. The Gilded Wolves-★★★★★

If I have to sell my soul for this, I won't hesitate. I'll do it for Enrique and Hypnos.
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Hmmm... Review? Not so much. Rants and illogical thoughts? Most definitely.

This book doesn't release until September 2020, but I just finished reading The Gilded Wolves and I had to know what was next for Séverin and his team! I'm new to Chokshi's work, but this series has me HOOKED!! This author's words are inspired, reverent and relevant. I love history, especially mythological or religious history, and the way she filled this story with so much color, I was enthralled.

✳ A huge part of
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
Thank you Wednesday Books for gifting me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

I present to you my first favorite read of the year! Its still early to say but I know that this one will be on the list. I dont think I have enough words to describe how much I loved this book aside from the fact that I did a lot of screaming, and I might have sobbed (might have). Roshani Chokshi has managed to squeeze my heart throughout this story, and I still feel the squeeze when this book comes to my mind
Laura ☾
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
*Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review *

★★★★★ 5 stars!

I know you dream what I dream, a world where people like us are not kept under foot, but restored to a place of equality

I have been waiting for this ever since I read The Gilded Wolves and I loved The Silvered Serpents even more! It is much darker than The Gilded Wolves, and also even more enthralling, and I absolutely couldnt put this down!

Chokshi has crafted a dark, magical,
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡
Jesus Christ, I got this book approved from NetGalley since 18 September too. Ill read it ASAP. I promise!
(But I dont know this is a sequel so... I might have to read the first one first.😂)
Athena (OneReadingNurse)
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much to Wednesday Books for the eARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review! It hurts me that the publication date is so far away now, and I don't know why the date got pushed back. I also don't know why I was convinced that this was only going to be a duology?

Anyway, let's talk about the book. The most important thing to know is that it is 100% inarguably better than the Gilded Wolves. I honestly didn't love that book as it was overdone with prose and long scientific
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Just got approved for this ARC, but I have to read The Gilded Wolves first. Cant wait!

Blurb:
They are each others fiercest love, greatest danger, and only hope.

Séverin and his team members might have successfully thwarted the Fallen House, but victory came at a terrible cost one that still haunts all of them. Desperate to make amends, Séverin pursues a dangerous lead to find a long lost artifact rumored to grant its possessor the power of God.

Their hunt lures them far from Paris, and into
Alaina
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Please tell me there is going to be another book?? I absolutely devoured The Silvered Serpents! From beginning to the very end, I was hooked. Completely freaking hooked. I was even surprised by some crap because holy shit.. I didn't think this gang would go through so much. Or even become more likable and level up in bad-ass-ness.

Again, it was amazing. I loved each chapter and all the characters reuniting again. I still
Amy Imogene Reads
Aug 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
COVER 😍

ARC approved!! So excited to see where this world takes us next.

My review of The Gilded Wolves.

Thank you so much to St. Martin's Press via NetGalley for an ARC of this title in exchange for an honest review.
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
*SCREAMS IN AGONY* AHHHHHH ROSHANI HOW COULD YOUUUU. GUYS GUYS GUYS. WTFFF. I thought the first book was *okay* hahahahahaha omg I'm dead right now, dead. It's times like these where I consider myself an idiot for requesting ARCs that don't come out for MONTHS meaning I have to wait for the next book EVEN LONGER. DON'T MIND ME ILL JUST BE OVER HERE FREAKING THE F OUT
---
*All quotes come from an unfinished copy and are subject to change.*

"I wouldn't dismiss myths, said Enrique quietly. "Most
Rebecca Roanhorse
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A continuation of the Gilded Wolves novel (picking up right about where the first one left off) with deep dives into the character's emotional lives and the repercussions of the notable death at the end of the first book. I won't mention who dies in Gilded Wolves, but I really enjoyed that Silvered Serpents didn't act like it never happened. It happened, and it changed everyone, mostly for the worst. Lovely language, emotional resonance, and a rich Belle Epoque-style setting make this YA fantasy ...more
Miri ♪ Book Dragoness ♪
AHHH I AM NOT READY. But yet.

My Blog 📚 My Instagram 📚 My Twitter
Cori Reed
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
EXCUSE ME?

I loved this book. I love my broken little children. RIP me for reading this so early I have to wait a million years for book three.
Julia
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so it's taken me several days to get my thoughts together enough to write a review 😀. Thank you firstly to NetGalley and Wednesday Books for the eARC, which was actually the first ARC I was lucky enough to receive and which I've sat on for months, until I got around to reading The Gilded Wolves first. Which was just amazing. And I was so happy that I was able to immediately pick up where that left off, and start on The Silvered Serpents.

Roshani Chokshi has the most beautiful way with words
Cassie
Feb 07, 2020 marked it as to-read
After just finishing The Gilded Wolves moments ago, and now reading the synopsis for this, I am absolutely terrified of whats to come after the ending of the first book.

Still, though, I NEED THIS MORE THAN AIR.
Nastassja
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of six of crows

**ARC is kindly provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review**

Actual rating: 3.5 stars

You cant finish a book like that and expect me to wait for a whole year to read the next part!

For the millionth time, I want to praise Roshani Chokshi's talent! She has this special way with words that just goes to my bloodstream and spreads through my veins straight to my heart. She is a Goddess of Words, I swear!

The Silvered Serpents is more mature and intense than its predecessor. The stakes

Amber (The Book Bratz)
The full review + more can be found at The Book Bratz

Thank you so much to the publisher for providing me with an e-galley to review!*

I was lucky enough to be able to start The Silvered Serpents right after finished The Gilded Wolves and I can't image the pain of having to wait a year after the conclusion of the first book in this series. All I will say is this, I thought the pain at the end of The Gilded Wolves was bad. Just wait friends. That was nothing compared to the pain that this book
AJ
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Excuses to tell you that youre a poison Ive come to crave. Excuses to tell you that you terrify me out of my senses, and how Im fairly certain youll be the death of me, Laila, and yet I cant bring myself to mind.

Want to know the ONLY bad thing about reading this book? The fact that itll be another year and a half before Ill have the third book in my hands.

Oh how I missed my friends Séverin, Laila, Zofia and Enrique. I loved how we got to see how they all were coping with the loss of Tristan.
christina
I received an ARC by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

I want to start my review by stating if you absolutely loved the first book you will probably love this installment.
I really enjoyed the world building in the first book, but was not fully invested in the cast of characters and their relationships. I had high hopes, and was anticipating a deeper dive into the characters' development. However, the characters are all really depressed over the events of the last
Sydni
"What he had done had not looked like love. But then again, love did not always wear a face of beauty."

This was a hauntingly gorgeous book filled with wonder, pain, adventure, and so much more.
I LOVED the first book so imagine my surprise when Roshani-the-goddess-herself-Chokshi whipped this beauty up. I read this in less than 24 hours and I'm regretting it now because well.......I miss the characters already.

I don't want to spoil anything for this book because well, its not out yet. Let me
Carly
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Oh
My
Gosh
I need the 3rd book like now!!!
Wow this book was what I wanted the first one to be. I was disappointed in the first. I thought it wasn't enough action. This one did not disappoint. And the ending wow.
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
Prereview January 2020
The cover going from that ugly placeholder to this beautiful piece of art is truly inspiring, shows anyone can change for the better.

• Men and Monsters (Nightfall, #2)
  • Kingdom of Ashes (Nightfall, #1)
  • Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • Of Silver and Shadow
  • Lobizona (Wolves of No World, #1)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1)
  • Burn Our Bodies Down
  • The Sound of Stars
  • Shielded (Shielded, #1)
  • Foul Is Fair (Foul Is Fair #1)
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Unravel the Dusk  (The Blood of Stars, #2)
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • The Lucky Ones
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • Diamond City (Diamond City, #1)
Roshani Chokshi is the author of commercial and critically acclaimed books for middle grade and young adult readers that draws on world mythology and folklore. Her work has been nominated for the Locus and Nebula awards, and has frequently appeared on Best of The Year lists from Barnes and Noble, Forbes, Buzzfeed and more. Her New York Times bestselling series includes The Star-Touched Queen ...more

The Gilded Wolves (3 books)
  • The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)
  • Untitled (The Gilded Wolves, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Love, loss, magic, and wonder: 2020 looks to be a year of glued-to-the-page reading in the young adult genre. Among the most anticipated books ...
“See how the symbols stretch across all three shields? They represent a god."
Hypnos frowned. "There's a God of lions and knives and wineglasses? That seems incredibly specific."
"This god is Shezmu," said Enrique, rolling his eyes. "He's seldom depicted, perhaps because he's at such odds with himself. On the other hand, he's the lord of perfumes and gracious oils, often considered something of a celebration deity."
"My kind of god," said Hypnos.
"He is also the god of slaughter, blood and dismemberment."
"I amend my original statement," said Hypnos.”
1 likes
"You see that, my Zosia?" he had asked. "That is the devil. When a man cannot see a person as a person, then the devil has slipped into him and is peering out of his eyes." 1 likes