Start by marking “The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)

The Silvered Serpents

(The Gilded Wolves #2)

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  3,097 ratings  ·  1,232 reviews
They are each others fiercest love, greatest danger, and only hope.

Séverin and his team members might have successfully thwarted the Fallen House, but victory came at a terrible cost one that still haunts all of them. Desperate to make amends, Séverin pursues a dangerous lead to find a long lost artifact rumored to grant its possessor the power of God.

Their hunt lures
Published September 22nd 2020 by Wednesday Books

To ask other readers questions about The Silvered Serpents, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Darth Yeah... I need to reread the story coz I remember 0% and yeah I remember that twist
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lukyan's Library
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne CollinsChain of Gold by Cassandra ClareOne of Us Is Next by Karen M. McManusA ​Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa TahirAll the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn  Grace
YA Novels of 2020
768 books — 2,782 voters
House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. MaasThe Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne CollinsChain of Gold by Cassandra ClareThe Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. SchwabBlood & Honey by Shelby Mahurin
Can't Wait Books of 2020
1,023 books — 2,808 voters

More lists with this book...

·  3,097 ratings  ·  1,232 reviews

Start your review of The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)
chai ♡
find this review & others on my blog

When it came out a year ago, The Gilded Wolves was a fresh, welcome addition to the YA Fantasy yarn. I pleasurably devoured it, and was really looking forward to reading the sequel and folding myself once again between the characters and their tragedy, lose myself in the beauty of their voicesand have many of my questions answered. Unfortunately, the burst of excitement that flamed in my heart when I picked up this book was quickly swallowed up by
Nilufer Ozmekik
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ladies and gentlemen we have a big winner!!!! I proudly declare that I finished one of the best books of 2020 right now!

I cannot believe how much I loved this book, I gave four stars to the first one and but when I compare two of them, its only fair to give this one ten gazillion stars because this is so so so so sooooooooo much better. Can you hear I still slap my forehead for waiting too much to get this into my hands? BANG BANG BANG(Yes, my skull is too thick! Made by more woods than flesh!)

jessica
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THIS is how a sequel deserves to be done.

it builds so effortlessly upon the first book and in a way that feels more developed, better paced, and has me falling in love with the characters all over again.

because thats honestly what i loved most about this - the characters. yes, there is a lot of historical mystery and secretive adventure and fast plots, but wow. these characters are something else. i feel so invested in each and every one of them, which rarely happens for me when theres a large
Roshani Chokshi
Jun 29, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This book hurt. It hurt because I knew what story I was trying to tell over the course of three books, and so I knew what this sequel needed to be. I always joke that THE GILDED WOLVES is like National Treasure sans Nicolas Cage (though he is such an unexpected muse that I dedicated this tome to him), but I've always been hesitant to talk about the other half of this trilogy's inspiration until now.

Yes, it's a tale inspired by the swept over parts of history, but it's also a tale of coming to
Mary S. R.
If The Gilded Wolves was a gentleman pickpocket slipping through the luxurious aristocratic parties of Paris, The Silvered Serpents is an anguished ghost dreaming of godhood, haunting the corridors of a palace of ice, hunting myths.

I wish my love was more beautiful.

Sometimes you read books for page turner, grand action and fast paced, epic twists and turns, yes, but sometimes you read them for carefully plotted brilliance and mystical mysteries, sometimes you pick them up for delicate
Samantha
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it

I didnt love this quite as much as The Gilded Wolves but it still came very close. This is ANGSTY! We learn so much more about some of the other characters and Im so attached to all of them. Some of the villain stuff in this one felt a bit predictable, but that was the only flaw. Im definitely looking forward to the finale.

Review and discussion to come on my channel.
Chelsea Humphrey
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Chelsea by: St. Martin's Press
"Two hours later, Severin poured sealing wax onto several envelopes-one to be sent out immediately, the others to be sent out in two days. A small part of him hesitated, but he steeled himself. He was doing this for them. For his friends. The more he cared about their feelings, the harder his task became. And so he endeavored to feel nothing at all."

After reading The Gilded Wolves last year and adoring it, I discovered a new favorite series to follow obsessively. When I turned the final page, I
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Tristan!

I loved this book and hated it. I really enjoyed the Gilded Wolves and Tristan was my favorite character. I just loved how he was quiet and seemed to be the one that grounded Séverin. I enjoyed how Séverin kept thinking back on his and Tristans times with the seven different foster fathers they had. It gave a lot of insight into both of their characters and how their psyches were formed.

Tristan definitely had the most comical scenes, since he had Goliath as a pet. I mean how can a
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Update: After 3 weeks of waiting my request on NetGalley has been declined and I'm devastated! T_T
Looks like I'll just have to wait until the book hits our stores. *sighs*
__________________________

The new year barely started but for me September can't come soon enough!!
How am I supposed to survive this long wait?!!

Alright, I'll just continue to live in denial!
The ending of "The Gilded Wolves" never happened!
Everything is going to be fine!
*takes a deep breath*
*takes another deep breath*

Damn.
Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

THIS BOOK WAS ABSOLUTELY MENTAL AND I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. It wasnt as confusing as the first instalment. The plot was faster with even higher stakes, leaving me so very worried for my precious babies. I was left an absolute mess and know Ill have a torturous wait for the third book to release. *cries*

This was a sequel DONE RIGHT.

RTC
Sofia
It's been so long since a book has touched me this deeply.

This is a story of grief. Severin locks his sorrow inside and hardens his face. Laila distances herself from her friends. Enrique throws himself into his work. Zofia leaves L'Eden and its tainted halls. Hypnos tries to fill a role never meant for him.

The Silvered Serpents is a recovery story. The crew comes together for one last job, but nothing is the same. It's a weak imitation of the camaraderie of before, and they all know it.
Trisha ^_^
Roshani Chokshi: Releases THE BEST BOOK SINCE SIX OF CROWS
Me: DEVOURS IT
Roshani Chokshi: Oh, BTW's, the next one comes out in a year
Me: *Drinks water *SPITS IT OUT
Roshani Chokshi: Not a problem, right?
Me: Figuring out if my grades would be okay if I went into a coma until 2020

After those last two chapters, I can't. THAT ENDING. THE TENSION. THE CLIFFHANGER.
gbfhuklhgoeiwgo
may ➹
I very much wish I did not know the context of I wish my love were more beautiful

3.5 stars, rtc

// buddy read with my two faves
Fanna
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-releases
The Gilded Wolves (#1) ★★★★★
The Silvered Serpents (#2) ★★★★☆

August 16, 2020: I have finished reading it. While I was hoping to get a happiness-filled epilogue where all of them would be making a cake in the kitchen, what I did get was jam. The third book is needed! Full review to come.

August 8, 2020: Starting this and I'm here for the Winter Conclave, for Zofia & Enrique to make me feel dumb, for Hypnos to basically be me, and for Laila to explain the meaning of majnun to Severin while I
may ❀
Sep 17, 2020 is currently reading it
my memory is fleeting and so i went ahead and read a recap of book 1 and my face was stuck in :O for about 10 minutes bc wow that book was wild and somehow i forgot all of it????

anyways, buddy read with a little bean

also thanks to netgalley for coming through with this arc copy xoxo
✨    jamieson   ✨
laila? Her weed? I roll that. Her hand? I hold that. Her back? I got that. Her girlfriend? I am that. My role? I play that. We're happy? They hate it

it didn't HIT like the gilded wolves but I still love this so much I love my babies so much review to come
Amy Imogene Reads
"I wish my love was more beautiful."

Just take my heart, rip it out, grind it up, and burn it. This sequel was spectacular but it ripped me to shreds. What a beautiful, terrible, heartrending piece of fiction. Everyone should read it.

Writing: ★★★★★
Plot/Pacing: ★★★★
Character development: ★★★★ 1/2
Enjoyment: ★★★★★

This book is a sequel, and so my review will have SPOILERS for the first book in the series. Please don't read if you don't want SPOILERS for The Gilded Wolves. You can read my review of
booksneedcaffeinetoo

Everything has been building to this book.

We have heists.
We have travel.
We have stakes that are higher than they ever were before.

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for an eARC in exchange for an honest review

Also can I just give a shout out to Roshani who knows how to craft
Lina~Blackbird Queen
Jan 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
#1. The Gilded Wolves-★★★★★

If I have to sell my soul for this, I won't hesitate. I'll do it for Enrique and Hypnos.
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Hmmm... Review? Not so much. Rants and illogical thoughts? Most definitely.

This book doesn't release until September 2020, but I just finished reading The Gilded Wolves and I had to know what was next for Séverin and his team! I'm new to Chokshi's work, but this series has me HOOKED!! This author's words are inspired, reverent and relevant. I love history, especially mythological or religious history, and the way she filled this story with so much color, I was enthralled.

✳ A huge part of
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
Thank you Wednesday Books for gifting me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

I present to you my first favorite read of the year! Its still early to say but I know that this one will be on the list. I dont think I have enough words to describe how much I loved this book aside from the fact that I did a lot of screaming, and I might have sobbed (might have). Roshani Chokshi has managed to squeeze my heart throughout this story, and I still feel the squeeze when this book comes to my mind
Devanshi
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
She could not see her hope for what it was, nothing more than a silvered serpent.

It's 3:00 am here and all I feel is PAIN AND MORE PAIN AND SUFFERING AND THE LONG LONG WAIT AFTER HIGH CLIFFHANGERS.

I don't think I'll review this. I just can't 😞😖
Athena (OneReadingNurse)
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much to Wednesday Books for the eARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review! It's finally here!!

The most important thing to know is that it is 100% inarguably better than the Gilded Wolves. I honestly didn't love that book as it was overdone with prose and long scientific ramblings. Chokshi speeds it up in this followup - Holly Black apparently offered advice on spicing things up a bit and it definitely worked.

There is still some chattering about puzzles and math, then
Laura ☾
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
*Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review *

★★★★★ 5 stars!

I know you dream what I dream, a world where people like us are not kept under foot, but restored to a place of equality

I have been waiting for this ever since I read The Gilded Wolves and I loved The Silvered Serpents even more! It is much darker than The Gilded Wolves, and also even more enthralling, and I absolutely couldnt put this down!

Chokshi has crafted a dark, magical,
Rachel Kathryn Wright
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story picks up right where we left off in The Gilded Wolves, and I honestly liked that the story line of this book was a lot darker. I thought the characters were better developed and more intriguing. I also liked that the romance grew a lot more in this because I wasnt sure I was going to like it. The plot line of this book I also found to be a bit more enjoyable. And I thought the world building was well done in this book and I think it was better in this book than the first. ...more
Hollis
You know the chorus from Paramore's Decode? How did we get here? I used to know you so well? Well that's what was running through my head as I finished this book. How did I go from confused tolerance for book one to.. exceedingly enjoying this one? Every now and then this happens to me and it only reinforces my behaviour to read on in series that I maybe didn't love or had mixed feelings on. Yet when it works in my favour I'm still always surprised.

"Be a light in this world, [..], for it can be
Nastassja
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of six of crows

**ARC is kindly provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review**

Actual rating: 3.5 stars

You cant finish a book like that and expect me to wait for a whole year to read the next part!

For the millionth time, I want to praise Roshani Chokshi's talent! She has this special way with words that just goes to my bloodstream and spreads through my veins straight to my heart. She is a Goddess of Words, I swear!

The Silvered Serpents is more mature and intense than its predecessor.

Robin
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
↠ 5 stars

I am once again asking you to read a book that destroyed me emotionally. Seriously what did I just read. I think need to go lie down in a dark room for a few hours to contemplate it in its entirety. Maybe by then I will have processed the five stages of grief and have accepted everything that happened from start to finish.

The Silvered Serpents is the captivating follow up to first book in the series, The Gilded Wolves. In it, Roshani Chokshi builds off of the concluding events from the
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
*SCREAMS IN AGONY* AHHHHHH ROSHANI HOW COULD YOUUUU. GUYS GUYS GUYS. WTFFF. I thought the first book was *okay* hahahahahaha omg I'm dead right now, dead. It's times like these where I consider myself an idiot for requesting ARCs that don't come out for MONTHS meaning I have to wait for the next book EVEN LONGER. DON'T MIND ME ILL JUST BE OVER HERE FREAKING THE F OUT
---
*All quotes come from an unfinished copy and are subject to change.*

"I wouldn't dismiss myths, said Enrique quietly. "Most
demi. ♡
Oct 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
Jesus Christ, I got this book approved from NetGalley since 18 September too. Ill read it ASAP. I promise!
(But I dont know this is a sequel so... I might have to read the first one first.😂)

• These Violent Delights (These Violent Delights, #1)
  • Fable (Fable, #1)
  • The Drowning Faith (The Poppy War, #2.5)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • Sisters of the Perilous Heart (Mortal Heritance, #1)
  • The Burning God (The Poppy War, #3)
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Skyhunter (Skyhunter, #1)
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • A Golden Fury
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • Mexican Gothic
  • How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories (The Folk of the Air, #3.5)
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • Majesty (American Royals, #2)
  • The New Husband
  • Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
  • Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)
Roshani Chokshi is the author of commercial and critically acclaimed books for middle grade and young adult readers that draws on world mythology and folklore. Her work has been nominated for the Locus and Nebula awards, and has frequently appeared on Best of The Year lists from Barnes and Noble, Forbes, Buzzfeed and more. Her New York Times bestselling series includes The Star-Touched Queen ...more

The Gilded Wolves (3 books)
  • The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)
  • Untitled (The Gilded Wolves, #3)

Articles featuring this book

“Love does not always wear the face we wish,” she said. “I wish my love had been more beautiful. I wish … I wish we had more time.” 18 likes
“When the devil waged war in the heavens, even angels had to fall.” 15 likes