Start by marking “Storm from the East (Glass Alliance, #2)” as Want to Read:
Storm from the East (Glass Alliance, #2)

Storm from the East

(Glass Alliance #2)

Battles, revolution, and romance collide in Joanna Hathaway's stunning, World Wars-inspired sequel to Dark of the West

Part war drama, part romance, Storm from the East is the second novel in Joanna Hathaway’s immersive, upmarket YA fantasy series that will appeal to readers of Sabaa Tahir, Marie Rutkoski, and Evelyn Skye.

War has begun, and the days of Athan’s and Aurelia’s
Expected publication: February 11th 2020 by Tor Teen

Start your review of Storm from the East (Glass Alliance, #2)
Kat
I've been lucky enough to read book 2 of the Glass Alliance series, and I can guarantee it's even more beautiful, heartbreaking, epic, and romantic than book 1 (not to mention my fav Garrick getting more page time).
Rosaria Munda
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know that delicious feeling when you finish a first book of a series, and it was amazing, but you get the spine-tingling suspicion that it was all set up for an EVEN BETTER sequel? This is that sequel. I loved Dark of the West, but Storm from the East is payoff, and ups the ante in every possible way.

The Glass Alliance series is structured like a tragedy: with the end at the beginning, a future snapshot of its two main characters after they have lost all innocence to war, but might still be
Joanna Hathaway
Sep 27, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I’m posting this little update because I have ARCs and therefore things are getting very real for Storm from the East! If you’re interested in snagging one, head on over to my Instagram (handle @spitfirewriter) where I’ll be doing plenty of giveaways before release. Needless to say, I’m incredibly excited to share this second installment of the Glass Alliance series with you. Some of the things you can expect: a glimpse into Sinora and General Dakar’s shared past, a closer look at Southern ...more
michelle (magical reads)
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

While I greatly enjoyed Dark of the West last year, I think Storm from the East greatly surpassed it. The worldbuilding and characters are fleshed out more, and truths and secrets are uncovered (still more to come, however). Storm from the East was a thrilling sequel, one that will steal your attention and won't let it go.

original review:

ngl aurelia was really annoying me in the first half (love u tho athan) but that second half was soooo good

also s/o to the dakar brothers!! we love
Radhika
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the opening pages to the list lines, Storm of the East had me turning pages, gasping out loud and yes, even crying. Glass Alliance #2 is even better than #1, it's everything you could want in a fantasy series: revolution, romance, political intrigue and more! And of course, Hathaway's writing is as beautiful as always. I feel very lucky that I got an advance look!
Iza
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Several days after finishing it and I'm still thinking about all the things that happened, the tears, the heartache, the swoons and the FEELS!

Please don't read this review if you haven't read Dark of the West first - while there won't be spoilers from Storm from the East, there might be tiny ones from Dark of the West.

Let's me just say, Dark of the West, while really good, pales in comparison next to SftE - and I devoured DotW. I sneak-read at work, glaring at people for daring to interrupt. I
Gita Trelease
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Daring rebellion, beautiful friendships, dangerous family secrets, heart-breaking romance, plots behind plots and stories behind stories, all vividly rendered against an escalating story of war—what else could you ask for? This book has it all. I loved it.
Cat
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Storm from the East is the absolute perfect follow up to Dark of the West, the start of a fantasy series spiraling into a situation similar to our own leading up to and during WWI and WWII. Normally World War inspired fiction follows too closely, and doesn't give life of it's own to the world, but Hathaway has found that balance, and her creation is something absolutely phenomenal. The whole aspect of the magic of monarchies failing in the face of the glory of revolution and governing yourself ...more
Lauren
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am surprised by how much I enjoyed this novel. It is so different from the first one - far more focused on war and politics, but you care so much for the characters that you have to keep turning the page. Joanna's depictions of war and what it can do to the country that has been invaded are raw and true. Of course there is some romance that will leave you fanning yourself. The character growth is also extremely well done. A solid sequel with lots of twists and turns; I can't wait for book 3.

I
Kat
Thank you to Edelweiss and Tor Teen for the opportunity to read and review the E-Arc copy of Storm of the East by Joanna Hathaway.

The second book in the Dark of the West series bring war, romance, and a revolution to a head. The family secrets are being found out and true love seems far away. It is hard to believe that Joanna Hathaway's series is for young adults. Her writing style is eloquent and she has excellent world building skills.
Shea Griffin
Rebeca
Jan 14, 2019

• House of Salt and Sorrows
  • Woven in Moonlight
  • Diamond City (Diamond City, #1)
  • Pupcakes
  • Smoke in the Sun (Flame in the Mist, #2)
  • Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales, #1)
  • Scammed (Vale Hall, #2)
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • Frankly in Love (Frankly in Love, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Foul Is Fair
  • First Test (Protector of the Small, #1)
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Ink in the Blood (Ink in The Blood, #1)
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Hamilton: The Revolution
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
Joanna was born in Montréal and is an avid storyteller who was inspired to write after reading her great-grandfather’s memoirs of the First World War. A lifelong history buff, she now has shelves filled with biographies and historical accounts, and perhaps one too many books about pilots. She can often be found reading, traveling, or riding horses.

Her debut novel, DARK OF THE WEST (Tor Teen,

Glass Alliance (3 books)
  • Dark of the West (Glass Alliance, #1)
  • Untitled (Glass Alliance #3)