Start by marking “Echoes Between Us” as Want to Read:
Echoes Between Us

Echoes Between Us

Echoes Between Us is bestselling author Katie McGarry’s breakout teen contemporary novel about a girl with everything to lose and the boy who will do anything to save her.

Published January 14th 2020 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Echoes Between Us, please sign up.
Jordy The answer depends on what type of books you like.
I truly loved it.
The answer depends on what type of books you like.
I truly loved it.
It's mainly romance/adventure with family, friendship, doing what you love, finding who you are, addiction and finding out if ghosts are real.

This book sounds like a but much but if you read it you'll find it has the right amount of everything.

If you read it I doubt you'll regret it and I really hope you read it <3(less)

Start your review of Echoes Between Us
☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣
Lots of nice teen angst molded with life-changing conditions and some supernatural tid-bits as well.
Q:
There are some decisions you can't take back. (c)
Q:
Even though I know what I do is the definition of insanity, I can’t stop. (c)
Q:
She senses adventure while I sense a train wreck. Mom has that grin that suggests she has something bad to tell me, but is intent to sell me the impending trauma as something good.
While you were at summer camp, I accidently forgot to feed your hamster, but wouldn’t yo
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

TITLE: ECHOES BETWEEN US
AUTHOR: Katie McGarry
RELEASE DATE: January 14, 2020
GENRE: YA Romance
THEMES & TROPES: Alcoholism, Addiction, Illness
RATING: 5 Stars
CLIFFHANGER: No

What a pleasant surprise this story turned out to be! And so unlike any other I've read recently! This story took twists and turns I didn't see coming and had my head spinning. I'm new to Katie McGarry's books but now I'm eager to read more!

At first glance Sawyer is the typical popular guy in school. Good-looking, athleti
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

When you open one of McGarry's books, you not only know you are going to get one heck of a story but you know it will be one that will be filled with emotions and one that more often than not, will rock you to your core. Will change you in ways you didn't even know a story could do.

And like all her books, this was filled with romance, heart ache, happiness, friendships, love, and with it being something different, ghosts.

Like it's counter novel, Only a Breath Apart, Echoes Between Us h
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 GHOST Stars ⭐️
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had such a good time with this book! It has been years since I last picked up Katie McGarry's work but I knew that I had to give this book a try. Once I picked this book up, I couldn't stop reading and ended up spending most of the day cuddled under a throw with this book in my hand. I can't think of a better way to spend the day. This was one of those books that you just don't want to put down. I am really glad that I decided to g
Angela Staudt
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
“A girl like me. Translation – misfit. Leo made the mistake of calling me a misfit. I didn’t talk to him for a week. Misfit suggests I don’t fit in anywhere. I do fit in. I just don’t fit in easily with other people, and that’s okay because I fit in fine with me.”

What a beautiful story full of family, friendships, love, death, and a whole lot of ghosts. I really enjoyed this gripping book and was turning page after page, not ever wanting to stop. We have two main characters Veronica and Sawyer,
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
***4.5/5 Stars***

Echoes Between Us was a breathtaking story that touched my heart. I laughed, fell in love and when it all came together, the tears wouldn't stop. But with whispers of paranormal moments within the pages, this book also gave me the chills. So if you're looking for a book that will pull at your heart and also fill it with warmth, then definitely add this one to your tbr!
“There’s no such things as ghosts.”
Veronica offers me a slow daring grin like she knows secrets I
Cassie
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book will forever hold a special place in my heart and I’m so blessed to have read this early, but to also just read it in general.

This story follows our two main characters as they both struggle with a lot of obstacles in their life.

Veronica, or V, has a brain tumor, which causes her terrible migraines. She also sees her mom’s ghost, because her mom died from her own brain tumor. Veronica is also really close with her dad, which is something that I related to and loved seeing their relat
Kris (frantic4romantic)
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was everything I didn’t know I wanted.

I consider Katie McGarry one of my favorite authors, so I was really grateful I got a chance to get an advanced copy of her upcoming book, Echoes Between Us, through NetGalley.

One super popular guy, one extra quirky girl — two very complicated stories.

Sawyer is your stereotypical cool guy. Cool friends, suave attitude, star athlete. He works hard at keeping up that facade, because his life is anything but perfect.

Veronica is the carefree weirdo wh
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
3.5/ 5 stars

Echoes Between Us is a standalone Young Adult contemporary novel.

This book is contemporary. It has romance. It also has a paranormal aspect (view spoiler).

I have read and enjoyed previous books by this author. So I was very excited when I saw that she had a new book coming out.

The book alternates between the male and female POV of two high school seniors (Veronica and Sawyer). At the beginning of Sawyer's chapters we have snippets of a diary
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
4 stars

I love this author and I couldn't wait to start this one.I find it interesting and unique.The beginning was a little bit slow for my taste but soon when it picks up , it was very good!

Both characters intrigued me from the beginning! Sawyer and Veronica have a great relationship, I feel these two were perfect.They grow together through the story.I find them sweet and cute!

Overall, it was a great read.

Dora Koutsoukou
It was one of these moments where the current book was not for me. Dnf @ 21%
JenacideByBibliophile
Disclaimer: This book was sent to me by the publisher, Frontlist, via Edelweiss+ for an honest review.

If you feel like crying, you’ve come to the right place.

description

“The only reason people come to live in this small town is to hide or die.”

Veronica has always been labeled as the weird girl in school. Surrounded by her group of misfit boys, and always doing the opposite of what is to be expected, rumors and cruel words have always found their way to her ears. But Veronica doesn’t care what the popu
Esther
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, wishlist
Thanks to Arjen for doing this buddyread with me. I felt like we were rushing through and I loved every second of it. This is one of those unique YA/Contemporary books that sucks you in and won't let go. I was so involved with the story and characters, and that's exactly what I want!

A longer review can be found at BiteIntoBooks

A MUST read if you're looking for a book that feels so real, and takes you on that rollercoaster ride. This is one of the best books I've read this year and I was really g
Madison
As a devoted Katie McGarry fan I was a little worried when this book was marketed as a breakout novel and a move into a new genre. I shouldn’t have worried. Echoes Between Us is everything a Katie McGarry novel always is - heartbreaking, emotional, addictive, thrilling and romantic- with ghosts. It’s actually not much different from its companion novel Only A Breath Apart, which introduced a touch of the supernatural to the main story of family complexity and romance. Echoes Between Us encapsula ...more
 AudiobookingWithLeah
⤏ YOUNG LOVE
⤏ ADDICTION & BRAIN TUMORS
⤏ CANDIDATE FOR THE WORSE MOTHER OF THE YEAR AWARD

MY THOUGHTS⇣

At first, I found this to be slightly cheesy, specifically Sawyer...when he was chanting in his own head, I need that high, gotta get that high...I was so not feeling this addiction to cliff-diving element. Then we meet his mother...and seriously, she is a piece of work. If there is an award for the worse Mother of th
Toya (the reading chemist)
I’ll be honest, I was drawn to this book for two reasons: the gorgeous cover and the ghost story line. Unfortunately, I went into this story thinking that this would be more of a supernatural suspense with a little romance on the side, but what I got was a full blown romance with only sprinkles of ghosts. Now, I am a romance fan, but when you’re expecting ghosts…it was a bit disappointing.

Veronica suffers from debilitating migraines thanks to a benign brain tumor. While her migraines may knock h
Stacy Fetters
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
"The only time I live is when I'm with you."

I'm no stranger when it comes to ghosts or the paranormal. I've had my fair share of occurrences with ghostly beings and it's quite the picnic when they come around. Recently, I had a ghost follow a friend and me as we were walking and it started to whistle. But when we turned around, no one was there. These occurrences happen quite often and they never get easier to deal with. But do you believe? Veronica is a believer and she may change your mind.

Ve
Brittany
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it

Echoes Between Us is a story about a girl with everything to lose and the boy who will do anything to save her.

4.5 Stars!!

Veronica sees ghosts. More specifically, her mother's ghost. The afterimages of blinding migraines caused by the brain tumor that keeps her on the fringes and consumes her whole life haunt her, even as she wonders if it's something more...

Golden boy Sawyer is handsome and popular, a state champion swimmer, but his adrenaline addiction draws him to Veronica.

A girl with nothi
Jessica

“Misfit suggests I don’t fit in anywhere. I do fit in. I just don’t fit in easily with other people, and that’s okay because I fit in fine with me.”

Katie McGarry just knows how to write characters who’ll make you want to reach inside the book, pull them out and hug them forever. I loved Veronica and Sawyer was the absolute best 😍 Their story made me swoon and broke my heart in equal measure and that little bit of paranormal sprinkled in was so much fun! Even though it made it hard for m
TheLesserReader
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

I loved this!

READ IT! please
Lisa Mandina
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Katie McGarry book, and I did enjoy it for sure. It makes me open to the possibility of reading other books by her in the future. I classified it as YA contemporary, even though it is left unsure as to whether there were really ghosts or not in the story. All of the characters had a lot of depth, and all of the kids were going through so many things. Learning just what the ghost/monster was for Sawyer’s little sister was really terrifying and very sad.

Sawyer going to the AA mee
Richelle Robinson
* I received a review copy from Bookish First and voluntarily provided an honest review*

So after reading the blurb I decided to give this book a chance. Not going to lie when I first started reading this book I struggled. I had a hard time connecting to the story. Even though the story is told in Sawyer and Veronica's point of views I felt like they were both the same person and their personality really didn't show at first.

Honestly, I thought about dnfing the book but something told me to keep
Athena (OneReadingNurse)
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much to BookishFirst and Tor/Forge Books for my advanced copy of Echoes Between Us by Katie McGarry!

I do not read a lot of young adult contemporary because as a 30 something year old, I can never identify with the characters or stories, and I am SO HAPPY to say that this is not the case with this amazing book.

First I just want to comment on the location: I originally thought that the book took place in Saranac Lake because of the TB hospital and note up front, but there is a portion
Olivia Wildenstein
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was beautifully written. It was the first time I've read McGarry (even though I own so many of her books) and definitely not the last time.

The characters were fleshed out and it was easy to grow attached to them. I particularly liked Veronica. She was different and quirky, and strangely enough, emotionally endearing even though she wasn't a reliable character due to her illness.

The romance with Sawyer was sweet and added an uplifting touch to an otherwise pretty sad story.

I think wher
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
4.25 STARS

I’m sure I say it with her every new release, but when it comes to YA, Katie McGarry is my #1 go-to author. She writes the kind of stories that I love and I’m always ready and waiting for each new novel. In Echoes Between Us, Katie delivers a story with her trademarks: relatable characters facing real-life challenges, romance, and an emotional connection.

Life hasn’t been easy for seventeen-year-old Veronica since the death of her mother six months ago. Her father is a truck driver who
Renee (The B-Roll)
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Literally, as soon as I saw a synopsis for this book on BookishFirst I knew that I had to read this one either early or when it comes out (Jan 2020).  I fell head over heels in love with the setting (my lovely home state of Kentucky!), the overarching storyline, and the apparent sweet romance that blooms between enemies/unlikely friends.  Not to mention, the cover art for this book is gorgeous and just kept pulling me in.

This book is set in a small town in Kentucky somewhere near Lexington and L
Erin (erinevelynreads)
Veronica can see ghosts: namely the ghost of her mother but others as well. When Sawyer and his family move in downstairs from her, Veronica enlists him in her senior year project, proving that ghosts really exist. Sawyer reluctantly agrees, he’s strangely drawn to Veronica, even though she’s a social outcast.

Echoes Between Us pleasantly surprised me with its sweet story, solid, dynamic characters, and unique issues. While it is primarily a romance, it also tackles some heavy topics such as addi
Christy LoveOfBooks
I always enjoy McGarry’s books & this was no exception. It got pretty emotional & deep at times dealing with some heavy topics. I loved Veronica & Sawyer together. They’re opposites, but share a connection that’s undeniable.

I had no idea it’s connected to Only a Breath Apart until other characters started popping up & I had a huge ah-ha moment, which amped up my investment in the story.
Amy
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When it comes to Young Adult novels, Katie McGarry is my go-to author. So, when I heard about Echoes Between Us, I just knew I had to get my hands on it. I mean, have you seen the cover for this book? It is just stunning!! I took one look at it and knew this book was going to be a winner and I was not disappointed.

Echoes Between Us follows the story of Veronica and Sawyer. Veronica is the unique outsider. She’s considered weird or strange by most. However, there is more to her than meets the eye
Shut Up & Read: Echoes Between Us, by Katie McGarry 22 7 Dec 21, 2020 07:38PM
Young Adult Conte...: #4 Echoes Between Us by Katie McGarry 17 21 Apr 01, 2020 07:40AM
Bookish First Rea...: Echoes Between Us by Katie McGarry 6 8 Dec 01, 2019 02:16PM

• Every Other Weekend
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • Find Me (Shatter Me, #4.5, #5.5)
  • Tiger Queen
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • Heart of the Moors: An Original Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Novel
  • Today We Go Home
  • War Girls (War Girls, #1)
  • The Wives
  • Chasing Lucky
  • The Tenth Girl
  • Rules for Vanishing
  • Cupid's Match (Cupid's Match, #1)
  • The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)
  • Full Disclosure
  • The Fountains of Silence
  • Meet Me at Midnight
KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website, katielmcgarry.com, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a fan on Facebo