Start by marking “Tali Nohkati” as Want to Read:
Tali Nohkati

Tali Nohkati

Creators of the World, Coyote and the Moon pay special attention to the only survivor of a blazing fire, Tali Nohkati, as the child takes his first steps. At the end of a long journey rich in animal encounters that takes him from the White Land to the Land of the Red Earth, Tali is finally adopted by a tribe.

After saving Nuttah from the sacrifice of the Morning Star, Tali
Published May 9th 2019 by Black Rose Publishing

Start your review of Tali Nohkati
Micha Sevier
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tali Nohkati, a young boy, is the sole survivor of a fire. He is watched over by Coyote and Moon, creators of the world, as he grows into an adult and finds a tribe to belong to. Along the way he meets and is helped by a selection of animals.

This is an interesting tale, told in a mythic style. I liked that it was different to the types of books I usually read, with the talking animals and epic journey, told in a sweeping way rather than with heavy detail. The downside to this was that I didnt
Carole
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: koza-belleli
Good story.

I enjoyed this story more than I thought I would. It gives you all the feels a good book should.
Nia Ireland
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is written in a creation myth style, full of vivid imagery and wonder though I struggled to figure out whereabouts in a creation timeline the story takes place - there seems to be a lot of humans about for the second generation!

The main character, Tali, embarks on an epic journey and learns important lessons from the animals he meets along the way as he makes his way towards a human settlement. The characters in this book are very distant so it's hard to build more than a passing
Harmony
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-books, ebooks
3/5 stars. I recieved this book as an eARC throught NetGalley for an honest review. This book sounded so interesting as it's about an Indigenous main character. But it was confusing. Very very confusing, I'm not sure if something got lost in the translation, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out where the story was set until the last few chapters of the book, as it mentioned Macaws and Jaguars. I did like the fact that there were different animals helping the main character along his ...more
Madame
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Go on a journey from birth to becoming an elder. Filled with wonders and promise, each life stage is filled with ups and downs. Great fortune always seems to be just showering the footsteps at a most vulnerable times. Magnificent and temporary guides are gifted then. Faith and hope win the day.

An easy to read, wonderful tale with beautifully painted landscapes, thrills and page turning adventures. A delightful read for all ages.
Tibia
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
A quick, yet enjoyable, mythological read about the first people, and a child's journey into adulthood/life with the assistance of animal mentors. Told in the fashion of the Native American folklore.
RaChelle Holmberg
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting take

Found on FreeBooksy, this was an interesting take on Coyote and the Moon. it was a very enjoyable book. Highly recommended.
Sara Avrams
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breathtaking

A fascinating story. The ending was a bit sudden. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a strong tale from the heart.
Chava
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this quick read. The themes and narration all reminded me of the native folktales my parents used to read to me when I was younger. Tali Nohkati's journey to finding a tribe is a heart-warming tale about resilience, friendship, and compassion.

Thank you to Koza Belleli, Black Rose Writing, and Netgalley for providing a digital copy for me to review. As always, all opinions are my own.
Bonita B. Young
Feb 18, 2020
Feb 18, 2020
BookWolfSilver
Mar 05, 2020

• The Boat Man (Reed & Billie, #1)
  • The General’s Wife: The Life of Mrs. Ulysses S. Grant
  • The Driver: A tale of old San Francisco
  • A Violin Plays in a Shattered World: Young Jews Saved by Gypsies 1941
  • The Way of All Flesh (Raven, Fisher, and Simpson, #1)
  • Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1)
  • Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • MoonShadow Murder (Manny Rivera, #4)
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • Eat Yourself Healthy: An easy-to-digest guide to health and happiness from the inside out
  • Love at First Bite: Tales from a Veterinary Life
  • Bound To The Battle God (Aspect and Anchor #1)
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • The Christmas Countdown
  • Incredible Plant-Based Desserts: Colorful Vegan Cakes, Cookies, Tarts, and other Epic Delights
  • Indian Posse: A John Treehorn Mystery (Book 4)
  • One by One
  • A Hero Born (Legends of the Condor Heroes #1)

News & Interviews