Start by marking “Retribution (Limitless Lands, #3)” as Want to Read:
Retribution (Limitless Lands, #3)

Retribution

(Limitless Lands #3)

As the medpod continues to repair his time-ravaged body in the real world, Colonel Raytak’s foes inside the game world of Limitless Lands execute their carefully-laid schemes, seeking his ruin.

Wrongfully accused of treason, Raytak finds himself a prisoner of the Imperium he serves. To clear his name, Raytak is forced to fight in the arena, seeking victory in the Emperor’
Published April 30th 2019

Start your review of Retribution (Limitless Lands, #3)
Logan Horsford
Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it
How long, I wonder, until the people in these books realize that the virtual life is better (especially when you are freakishly old) than the digital life? Hell, I'm in my 50's and would jump at it now.

Instead everyone is "Oh, I can't wait to get out and see my family!"

Dumb.

"Log in people - what is your malfunction?"

This company essentially has BTL (better than life) chips (ala cyberpunk) and all of the MC's seem too dumb to know it.

"Gosh, I could hold my 90 year old wife's hand and gaze fondly
5euro
Jul 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: litrpg19
First book was a okish start. Second book was much worse, but this book just tops it all.
But this book is just bad. No story progrssion - at all. Actually quite the opposite. The Author just drops mostly ALL major plotlines he developed or set up in Book 1. And if he not drops them, he doesnt develop them any further. So this book basically has no longer any major Plot attached to it. Just a few "short" stories left.
Also some new Maincharacters with their now own Parts dont add anything relevant
Jose Cruz
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Out of the 3 books I believe the third book to be my favorite, or at least as good as the first. Dean Henegar has a way of making the world feel like it is still in motion while Raytek (MC) is doing his own thing. Raytek is falsely accuse of being a traitor and sent for trial to the Imperial Capital. On his way to the capital, Raytek is sold to perform as a gladiator and promised that if he does well he may be able to regain his freedom. Rayteks friends are not standing idly by, however. The res ...more
Colin Rowlands
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It would have been very easy for the author to have continued progressing the story and characters along similar lines to the first two books, but the main character immediately sees drastic changes to his in-game progression that results in a distinctly different tone for much of this instalment of the series. This is a move that could have easily failed or merely alienated some of the readers, but it works really well and makes the series that much stronger, while also teaching the reader a bi ...more
Douglas Debner
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The audio version isn't currently listed on Goodreads.com so I'm placing my review here.

This is a review for books 1-4 of this series. At the end of book 4 the author says book 5 will end the series.

The "bottom line" is these books are the best litRPG I've read to date. If you like litRPG you should own these books. They aren't perfect but they are close and, best of all, they have intelligent and interesting characters, especially the "bad guys".

In general the book is about technology moving o
Richard
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: litrpg
Tortuga Verde
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting detour into the arena

This book throws head first into the world of the gladiator. Plot seems to borrow heavily from the movie. There are of course unique deviations. You also get to see some different detailed character development. However, combat is similar to before—squad based and tactical.

There is also so fleshing out of the technology and it applications. You have some viewpoint shifts. So you see more than just Rytak.

I am not sure where it is going to end up. In some aspects
David Furey
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

A nice storyline which continues to be hampered by weak editing. Raytak and company continue to level and the mark interesting group mechanics of his commander class set this book apart from others in the genre as well as the author's obvious knowledge of Roman military history.
Johnny
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Book three

Mistakes: Found to many to give this book 4*. Needs better editing.
Plot: I do enjoy the story and this one wasn't bad, however the entire prisoner plot line just seemed to be to easy and lack any real challenge. I felt it also ended rather quickly since there was a secondary plot that also felt rushed. In my opinion this book should have focused only on the prisoner plot. It could have been stretched out and given more attention.
Characters: Likable.
5/10
Antoine Robert
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid continuation of the first two books.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that the book felt rushed in some ways. I can understand why as it avoids some stuff which could be boring and cost pacing, but still, in some respects the players got it a bit too easy in that one.
Nonetheless, the mix of heroes is still entertaining and the main protagonist, even if portrayed as bigger than life, is a nice Archetyp and role-model.

Looking forward to book 4.
Larry E Abdallah
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very Moving

Love the Characters ... Characterization ... Still strong and building ... Conflcts is the preceding books ... Followed the predefined standards-based of the idea that a conflict has a set of logical resolutions ...

First test of ' conflict of convenience ' I have seen so openly flaunted ... LoL ... It worked ... And I am still reading.

Ready for four ... Bring it on!!!!
Michael Lynn
Dec 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
When I read the preview for this book I did not think I was going to like it very much but the author handled this story very well and is doing an excellent job of keeping it interesting. In a few places it dragged a bit and some of the plot mechanics were at times a bit rough but all and all he really pulled out a win with this one that I am sure fans of the series will be glad they spent the time reading this one.
joseph e brombacher
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great addition to the series.

Series adds a gladiator flair for most of the book while still keeping the military fantasy vibe. An additional aspect of this book is mum bible POVs that give the series a traditional fantasy rpg aspect that compliments the storyline nicely.

Highly recommended.
GaiusPrimus
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: litrpg, fantasy
Continuously solid

I really like this series. It's an interesting mechanic and a great set of characters. The plot always seems to end in the right spot, with each novel going as far as it needs to to push the story forward.

Really looking forward to where Raytak will go from here.
Venne
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can't get enough!

Rattan and company are thrown for a wild ride in this one, with developments across the board. This is LitRPG done well and proper. If this author will continue to do so well, I will continue to buy these books rather than use KU. For me, that's not something that happens but for maybe three other series.
Zack Clay
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pretty damn good

This series is excellent. I appreciate the back story, mechanics , and flow which are all pretty good. As an active duty soldier and fan of litrpg I can say that this book nails the personality of a couple crusty soldiers with a true sense of honor and loyalty. Can't wait for the next book.
Victor
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another good book

The adventures of the main character are getting more and more interesting and difficult, more zone conquering, more foes getting upgrades, and a growing town and territory to protect. I can't wait to see what happens and what will the main character face in game and I'm waiting impatiently for when he can see his family IRL again
Paul Grosse
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Over all enjoyable

A very good and hopeful view of the concept of using virtual worlds as a form of therapy. I would quibble with the time line of FDA and clinical trials, these things can and do take years to be approved. But using the last of the VA patients and being funded by the DoD is a plausible explanation for the rushed time line.
Ernest Perez
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Book 1 was interesting and I mostly enjoyed 2. But book 3 seems to extend the time between action scenes with a ton of dialog. And most of it doesn't feel very interesting to me. I found myself getting bored almost instantly every time I tried listening to it. Took me 3 months to get 5 hours in. Finally have to give it up. Others might enjoy that, but it's not for me. ...more
Clinton Stanturf
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was so much fun I really enjoyed the change of pace for Reytac and the disgrace Commander class was a clever change of pace while adding to the all-around story. As with the first two books the character progression is phenomenal and extremely well done. I cannot wait to check out the next book.
Taylor Tilbury
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good, fun ride

Good story, good use of mechanics and actual tactics and strategy, and good use of creature personality.
Over all, a definite good read.
Keep it up author, cannot wait for the next one.
Someone S Name
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good addition to the series

Good addition to the series. A bit different from the first two but definitely in the same vein. Very exciting and lots of fun new content to be had. Well worth a read.
Brandon Staley
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Old warrior New tricks

Really enjoy this series. The MC being an old soldier but truly enjoying a virtual world is refreshing. Can’t wait to see how he will level up his zone and soldiers next time.
jack pulford
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition

This was another great book in this series and the story was great with a mix of characters and plot elements. Highly recommended and good work by the author yet again.
Peter
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Stellar work once again from Dean Henegar! The machinations of Narbos come to a head and Raytak needs to prove his innocence. Lots of action and a glimpse at the wider world, great for all-around!
Twarren809
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun and upbeat

Continues to be fun with highly like-able and uplifting characters! Nice change of pace from the endless doom and gloom, everyone is out to get me of most other LItRPGs.
Peter L
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. Good story, good characters, keeps things fresh and interesting. Unlike the majority of other book series this one seems to improving with each book which is why I've given it the full 5 stars. Well done Mr Henegar, looking forward to your next book. ...more
Gary Boyle
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A neat detour from the expected plot line but a thoroughly enjoyable one
Kept my interest locked for the entire book and has me salivating for the next book

I love the whole medpod concept and the AI that runs it

Can’t recommend this series enough
Ian Denner
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

This book was a lot more enjoyable the the previous book in the series. I am looking forward to the next book in the series and cannot wait to see what will happen to the old man next.
Jim
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment of Raytak & friends!

Dynamic story and a future we can only hope for!
I enjoyed the change of character class by the AI as the circumstances changed, as well as the real world stories tied in through the players.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Defender (Light Online, #4)
  • Conquest (New Era Online, #5)
  • Dungeons and Noobs (Noobtown, #4)
  • CivCEO (The Accidental Champion #1)
  • Village of Noobtown (Noobtown, #2)
  • Salvation (New Era Online, #6)
  • Temper (Red Mage #2)
  • Home, Siege Home (The Good Guys, #6)
  • Dukes and Ladders (The Good Guys, #5)
  • Dungeon Lord: Ancient Traditions (The Wraith's Haunt, #4)
  • Beyond The Wall
  • Farmer (Light Online #1)
  • World Tree Online: The Endless Savanna: 3rd Dive
  • Legacy (The Crafter, #1)
  • Sentenced to Troll 2
  • Defender of Gallowind (Shyft, #1)
  • The Mayor of Noobtown (Noobtown, #1)
  • The Quizard Mountains (Station Cores, #2)

Limitless Lands (5 books)
  • The Commander's Tale (Limitless Lands #1)
  • Conquest (Limitless Lands #2)
  • Opposition (Limitless Lands, #4)
  • Limitless Lands Book 5: Invasion