Start by marking “Bad Divorce (Billionaire's Club, #5)” as Want to Read:
Bad Divorce (Billionaire's Club, #5)

Bad Divorce

(Billionaire's Club #5)

Bec Darden was a high-powered attorney who had spent her entire adult life building a fearsome reputation both in the courtroom and the boardroom.

But once upon a time, she was also a naïve and romantic—aka idiotic—soul who’d married her high school sweetheart on a whim after graduating. He’d been weeks away from deployment and she’d been heading off to college in the fall
Kindle Edition
Published July 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Bad Divorce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Divorce

Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bec Darden met the love of her life in high school, Luke Pearson was everything she wanted, the man who held the key to her future. But somewhere along the line life got in the way, they started to want different things, and it drove a little wedge between them. Which ultimately caused them to go their separate ways... but their undying love is about to reunite them!

Ten years have passed now, and all this time they thought they have been free to move on with someone new... but when Luke tries he
Jessica Alcazar
If you’re looking for an easy and sexy, second chance to get it right romance with characters you will root for from page one … here you go. Go forth and enjoy!

As you know from the synopsis of the book (which btw I think it is way too much information lol #twitchy), high school sweethearts jump to marriage just to find themselves divorced in a blink. Ten years later and a whole of growing up later, they find themselves not legally divorced at all.

Let the games begin …

If they were older at the
Tara Peters
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Luke and Becky were high school and college sweethearts. They were so in love that they even got married, secretly. A decade later, just when Bec believes she has everything she wants, except for a man (she insists she doesn't have time or the desire to have a man), she finds Luke asleep in front of her front door. He has news that shocks her; they are still legally married. He asks for one kiss. If she can honestly tell him after the kiss that she felt nothing, he would leave her alone. If she ...more
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
A fun, no drama, second-chance contemporary romance that will make you feel all swoony. I really enjoy Elise Faber's writing and while this was the first book I read in this particular series, I had no trouble jumping into the fifth book in it, so it can be read as a complete standalone.

Bad Divorce was such a delightful, easy read, once I picked it up I didn't set it back down again until I was finished. Bec and Luke were destined to be together, especially since their divorce paperwork burned u
Sheila Schoenauer
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
What happens when you find your special someone at a young age and get married? You end up with a Bad Divorce. That's what happened with Luke and Bec "Becky". However, instead of actually getting that divorce the courthouse and all the paperwork currently processing went up in flames. I think that was the one thing I had an issue with during this entire story. You would think that Rebecca "f*****g" Darden, the bad** lawyer would have followed up and made sure that everything was taken care of. U ...more
Becky Wise
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally we have Bec's story. If you've read the Billionaire's Club series already then you know a little bit about who Bec is and the rest of the ladies in this series. If you haven't then you really need to read this series and find out all about this close group of ladies and their path to love. You will laugh out loud and swoon all at the same time. Bad Divorce is so good. It is hot and steamy, filled with loyal friendships, second chances. I love Bec. She is strong and doesn't let any man br ...more
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
I  grabbed Bad Divorce from new to me author, Elisa Faber because the blurb caught my interest.  I do enjoy a second chance romance, its the only type of angst I like add in a neat twist like the couple are still married because of a mix up with their divorce and I was on board.

Rebecca Darden walked away from Luke Pearson 10 years ago because she felt that she and Luke weren't on the same page with regards to life and where they wanted to their futures to be. Rebecca went on to be a highly suc
Gwen Shafer
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read from the writer and from this series. It was interesting, funny at times, and heart wrenching at times. Overall a very good book. Becky has moved on with her life. She is living her life the way she wants. Enjoying her career and her friends. One day she comes home to her ex being at her house with a huge surprise regarding their divorce. That is when this storyline gets very interesting. Luke had moved on also but when he was ready to move on to someone e ...more
Izzie d
It's a good story.
Couple reunited when they discover their divorce didn't go through properly.
I'm not a fan of internal banter and the heroine does this quite a bit, esp at the start.
They get together fairly quickly.
Secondary characters for future books in series and updates of previous characters in series.

No intimate scenes with anyone other than the Hero and heroine.

During 10 year separation, when they though they were divorced.
Hero thinking on women and how they compare to the heroine "Not h
Kari Hansen
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bec and Luke were high school sweethearts who believed that their love would be able to overcome anything however they soon found out they were ill equipped to handle the obstacles that life threw at them and their marriage was short and not so sweet.

Ten years later Luke is about to marry another woman when he finds out that his divorce from Bec was never finalized. Instead of regretting why it never happened he begins to look it as a sign that they belong together, and he wants a second the cha
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy of this book before release for an honest review.

This is Bec's story. She is the single lawyer in a group of close friends. She is also a workaholic. One day she comes home from work and discovers her ex, Luke on her doorstep. Luke was her husband and her boyfriend in high school and college and they even married until the things he said he loved about her he also started criticizing and that's how they ended up divorced.

Now years later he is back and he finds out they n
Sharon Jones
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog.
Every time I pick up an Elise Faber book I wonder why I take so long between reading her novels.
The blurb to this book really hooked me in. And after reading the very last word I was so happy that I read this book.
Bec and Luke fell in love when they were extremely young. Both I guess matured at different rates and their marriage was short lived. Or so they thought.
I loved Luke in this book. He was my favorite character. I liked how he decided
Downward dog
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this witty, refreshing, second chance romance. There are great dynamics between the characters and a lot of chemistry, even though they try to ignore it. The characters are realistic, likable and I loved their entertaining interactions together.

Bec, an attorney lives and breathes her job. She is successful, decisive, smart, sassy and proud of her reputation. Yet, she feels something missing from her life.

Luke, her ex husband shows up out of the blue and shakes up her life.
Kelly Graham
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
A second chance romance for Bec and Luke.
Bec is a workaholic loving the thrill of winning a case as a lawyer, apart from work and her girlfriends she doesn’t have much of a life.
Luke goes to the court house to get their divorce papers only to find due to a fire they never actually got filed.
Although 10years later he realises this is a good thing and he never should have let Bec walk out of his life, he was young, and foolish.
Can they both right all the wrongs and own up to their misgivings and
SBee Reviews
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
★ Stepping up to be the man she deserved ★

—>>> Luke Pearson had an epiphany one day, one which led him back to the doorstep of the one woman he could not forget, the one woman he still loved. The one it turns out he was STILL married to. Now that he clearly knows what he wants, he would be stupendously lucky to even get a second chance with his fierce and amazing Becky, the very same woman he had shamefully pushed away and not surprisingly, she left him to study Harvard Law. NOW is the
mahana
Jul 13, 2019 marked it as dnf
dnf @ 22%

sometimes i feel like it’s too much to ask for a heartbreaking, emotional, unique, AND interesting book about a broken marriage. instead, they’re all exactly the same. same plot points. same character dynamics. same amount of time separated. same EVERYTHING.

my main complaint is: they didn’t speak for A DECADE, but they’re still in love. they kiss ONCE and all of a sudden everything comes flooding back and the ice around becky’s heart cracks instantly. you can’t convince me anyone would
Isha Coleman
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Bad Divorce (The Billionaires Club) by Elise Faber

Teenage heartbreak finds a second chance at forever. Bad Divorce is the story of young love facing adult sized problems. Bec and Luke love hard, but implode rather quickly. Fast forward ten years and the naivety has worn off, yet heartache still haunts their everyday lives. Life throws a twist when the problems of the past provide a chance for a future. The drama never ends. The pain runs deep and there are secrets constantly being revealed. F
Ree
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ten years is a long time. Long enough to move on from your first love, and get married to someone else. Yet, when Luke Pearson attempts to do so, he finds out the woman he thought was his ex-wife is still legally married to him. He also realises that he's still very much in love with her... And that he needs her to know, and give him a second chance.

Bec Darden really loved Luke Pearson. When he left, it hurt and she resolved to hate him forever. Yet, when he shows up, asking for another try, she
April Symes
Elise Faber's Bad Divorce is a 2nd Chance at love delight. It's set in modern day, the plot is contemporary and the main characters of Luke and Bec will have you rooting for them. Theirs was a love that started too soon and lost before they could hold on tight and realize what would be lost. Fast forward 10 years later and Luke is back, ready to fight for a 2nd chance but Bec isn't so forgiving. This is a deliciously tempting, unique and exciting story that hit all the right spots with me- 2nd c ...more
Rohina
This was an okay read. A pretty quick and easy read with nothing much going on and completely on the lowest side on the angst scale. There is nothing for me to rave about this book.

My only problem with this book was the writing style. When the story is written in third person poi t of view, what was the need to put the character names in the subheadings?

2 Stars!

_________________________
For more reviews and recommendations:

Facebook Page
Main Blog
Twitter
Nova  Brantley
Jul 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Why put the characters name if your going to narrate. Third person is not my jam. Next is this. I look for this in second chances and then I skip. Cause she’s it for you but like 10 years pass and you now come looking for her. Nah don’t buy it.

“Not his former fiancée (and the reason he’d discovered he was still married to one Rebecca Darden), not the string of girlfriends and one-night stands from the last ten years.”

“Becky was it for him, and he’d been a fool to try to pretend otherwise.”

Why ??
2OCC Reviews
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gemma
Bad divorce is a second chance romance that features two characters that have not seen each other in ten years. During those ten years they have created their own lives for themselves and gave grown up a lot. I liked the way that the characters did not just jump into a relationship with each other again and used the past to fix the mistakes they made in the past. This was a unique second chance storyline that featured two strong characters that were great for each other. I could not get enough o ...more
Cindy Hughes
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bad Divorce is a hot, sexy, funny romance filled with great characters and off the charts chemistry! Bex and Luke get their second chance when they discover their divorce didn’t go through. I love how they learn from their past mistakes so they can make their relationship work! I loved the interaction of the women in this series! They have formed their own sisterhood! I loved this book! I can’t wait for the next book in the Billionaire’s Club series!
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
4 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I liked this story. I had one problem with it. While I loved the bada$$ woman Bec was, I didn't like how closed off she was. For me, parts of this story moved a little slow. There were times I wanted to shake Bec. Luke was kind and understanding. I get why the wall was there, but the man was trying like hell to make up for his past and what happened.

All in all I enjoyed this story. I'm kind of excited to see what's coming in the next book.
Tammy
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Tammy by: trrain@aol.com
Another great book in the series.
I love how the "girls" always support each other.
I loved how Bec the strong friend who protects all her friends and acted like her life was full with just her job and the "girls". Than Luke came back. She remembered that she "loves" more than just the girls and her heart has always been with one person Luke.
I like how the came back together through the dates.

The next book will be just as great.
Chris
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After a failed marriage attempt and crazy situation, Luke realizes he never fell out of love with his Becky. Bec on the other hand, didn't want to even give him a chance. Thankfully Luke was persistent and didn't let her walk away this time.
I really loved Luke and Bec. They have become one of my favorite couples in this series.
Jackie Ziegler
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rebecca is a lawyer who totally over works herself to the point it ruined her marriage.. Luke never wanted to let her go but he was young and dumb. .When he finds out their divorce is not official, 10 years after filing he sees it as a sign and comes back to win Becky back. Becky really does love Luke but he should she give him another chance?
Betsy
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Good Vibes stars

As with Elise’s other books, this one was sweet, sexy & had very little drama. Very sexy, like, a lot of sex. After a decade apart, Luke tracks down Bec & wants to reunite. This is the story of how they reconnect. I took off one star because It felt slow. I wasn’t as interested in picking it up when I took a break. Still, good book.
Andrea
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Becky and Luke's love story was a great second-chance. I was hooked! 10 years is a long time, people change. Sometimes not everything changes. Luke fighting for Bec is everything. I definitely recommend!!
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
USA Today bestselling author, Elise Faber, loves chocolate, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and hockey (the order depending on the day and how well her team -- the Sharks! -- are playing). She and her husband also play as much hockey as they can squeeze into their schedules, so much so that their typical date night is spent on the ice. Elise is the mom to two exuberant boys and lives in Northern Californ ...more

Billionaire's Club (5 books)
  • Bad Night Stand (Billionaire's Club, #1)
  • Bad Breakup (Billionaire's Club, #2)
  • Bad Husband (Billionaire's Club, #3)
  • Bad Hookup (Billionaire's Club, #4)