Start by marking “By Dawn's Early Light (Echoes of Liberty Book 1)” as Want to Read:
By Dawn's Early Light (Echoes of Liberty Book 1)

By Dawn's Early Light

(Echoes of Liberty #1)

Eric Friedrich was supervising the last ice harvesting shift for his ship's shot-up environmental systems when they detected an anomalous ice comet drifting by. Investigating the icy tomb, Eric finds a ship that couldn't exist--a relic from a nation the Protectorate killed billions to erase from history... And will kill even more to keep secret.

When his world explodes, Er
Published April 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about By Dawn's Early Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about By Dawn's Early Light

John P Court
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the very few books that I give a five star rating!!

Here is a story that grabs and holds your attention. I usually like a story that begins and ends without having to wait for 'the next one in the series'.....That being said I must say that this one satisfied my wants and needs to the fullest, however I can't wait to see if Jason Fuesting pens a follow-up to this novel!! I would date this author right up there with E.E. Doc Smith, Andre Norton, Theodore Sturgeon, Robert A Heinlein, Cliffor
William Howe
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Survival mixed with a strong dose of politics, in space

Politically charged tale of the maturation of a quite capable young man.

The first two-thirds of the book are surviving all that life throws at an unlucky younger crewman from a pirate ship. A heavy dose of political and sociological discussions weight down the latter half of the novel, but don’t dis-rail the plot. Several interesting plot devices that made for good reading.

The book could easily have started when he first developed the amnesi
Jean Jacobson
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Far better than most

The story kept me out of bed until 2am, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Good story, well imagined, unlooked-for plot twists not overtly telegraphed, major characters pretty 3D. Some portions reminded me of the early Heinlein stuff on my bookshelf.
Does have some earmarks of a starting author, including an all-knowing sage, a bit of bumpy exposition, and sometimes just-too-convenient coincidences.
Overall, I like. A lot. Don't even mind that it's obviously the first bo
Allen McDonald
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding start to a series

What good American doesn't like putting it tho some commies? This is space opera with a heavy, well 'libertarian' doesn't quite cut it. Freedom will have to do, but in a specific, American sense.
Well developed universe, sort of medium on the science, heavy on the poly-sci, with distinct good guys and bad guys, good character development and a worthwhile plot.
Very good reading. I'm buying the next, sight unseen.
Steve
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kickass! Wow, well done Military Space Opera! My homeopathy Jason Bursting creates follow-up work with the universe he created and the characters in this book. Well Done!

Impressed! Very!
Hard to believe this is the author's first published novel. Highly recommended to anyone who enjoys an excellent hard S/F action yarn. More please?
Missy
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Captivating read!

I'm a huge scifi fan and this book was definitely one of my favorites. It has all of the components to make it a true page-turner. If you are looking for action, adventure, a lot of science fiction with a bit of mystery and romance to spice it up "By Dawn's Early Light" didn't disappoint!
Jim
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great dimming of age story

By Dawns Early Light is a great dimming of age story. The least you could expect from an author fluent in sarcasm, profanity and U.S. Navy acronyms .

If you are are a fan of the hidden truth series by Hand Schantz you become a fan of By Dawns Early Light as well.
Mark
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I was a bit confused at the start, but the story quickly grabbed me and pulled me in. Next thing I noticed, it was midnight, and I had to be up a at 6AM for work! Believable, multidimensional characters, well-written battle scenes - everything you love about military sci-fi is here. Grab a copy - but don’t start reading it until you have plenty of time to finish!
Wendy Mui
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Politically charged but good read!

Interesting spin on the future but full of adventure and fights and interesting twists. I am waiting for the second book in the series, as reading about space pirates is even more fun.
Gary Boyle
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from the first chapter right up until the unexpected end
The unwanted end!!
A fast moving, military and political thriller with ALL the bells and whistles
The next book should be a winner and I cannot wait!
Sean
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun story! I can't wait to see more in this universe.

Great story, interesting universe. I really enjoyed it- at times the political theory was a bit much, took me out of the story, but it never became preachy.
Gerald Johnston
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Got Trouble?

Orphaned and adopted by pirates, our intrepid hero finds himself captured and exiled to a private prison planet. Fighting, loving, loss and learning are his life. Escape from tyranny is the aim.

Have FUN!
Ray Ritchey
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing First Book

Great first book that the author did a great job on. It ranks well with other, much more major Sci Fi authors. Fighting was realistic, and the cost was shown.

I look forward to the next book!
Douglas L. Jones
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good solid space opera

A good solid story and intro. Laid a good foundation, taught the main character the skills and knowledge he needs to proceed. Ready for the next installment.
Kevin
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Star Corsairs

Good new take on space pirate opera. An excellent cross of Heinlein and Sabatini. I am looking forward to the next chapter for the characters.
caleb
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book.

I would have given this five stars if not for the page after page of the authors political viewpoint that added nothing to the story.
B.E.
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action packed SF with characters I could really care about and ideas I could get behind. Can't wait to see what's next for Eric and the crew.
RD
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first time reading this author's work. I enjoyed the pacing and not always predictable.
Kinnison
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cracking good read

I greatly enjoyed this book. The characters were well-written and grew throughout the story. I look forward to the next book in the series.
cara