Start by marking “Barber Shop Ink - Davan Part 1” as Want to Read:
Barber Shop Ink - Davan Part 1

Barber Shop Ink - Davan Part 1

I met the woman of my dreams at my sister’s wedding.
I was standing on the edge of the dance floor talking with my cousin when she walked right up and asked me to dance. A woman has never approached me like that before, bold and full of confidence. I’m a big guy and in my military dress uniform I can appear to be quite intimidating.
My size didn’t faze her though, she walk
Published May 3rd 2019 by Penny Blush

To ask other readers questions about Barber Shop Ink - Davan Part 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Barber Shop Ink - Davan Part 1

Start your review of Barber Shop Ink - Davan Part 1
Joelle
Let's start off by saying this is a brand new author for us and we thoroughly enjoyed our first read by them.

This was story unique I have never read a book like this before so it was a bit refreshing.This story was a bit emotional but, not in a heart wrenching way.Emmaline and what is happening to her it tragic and sad and even though she is dying her life is about living her last days to the fullest and making new friends and love and laughter and seeing to her family before she goes.I found th
Brandy Roberts
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow talk about a emotional over drive I didn't think my heart could take any more and then I reached the last page and I was torn in two just WOW . There was a story to tell with each character that was introduced I really enjoyed learning more about the characters and finding out how much heart was put into this story . So can't wait to see what's to come for these two characters
Jamie-Lynne
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed For Angel Babe's Blog!!

I honestly don't know where to begin with this book!! This is Part 1 of Davon's story!! This book blew me away, Penny Blush is a very talented author and it shows with this book!! The amazing storyline and fantastic character's that you just can't help but fall in love with!! The entire Barber Shop Ink series is amazing and I do recommend reading the stories in order as the backstory is important!!
This is the beginning of Davan and Pia's story!! Davan is married t
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Davan is a very emotional story, and I'm going to make this review short & sweet so I don't give any spoilers away. Basically he found the woman of his dreams at his sister's wedding, but he's already married to his best friend, however, his marriage isn't the traditional marriage for everyone who hates cheating (& I'm one of those people). He's got the cutest tiny human with his wife, who brings quite a bit of humor to the story to give a break from all the heavy. There's a cast of secondaries ...more
Melissa Mendoza
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

4 Davan Stars!! Wow... my heart... my heart!! Such a fabulous read!

This book was everything I needed in my life!! It's a gripping, emotional read and you really need to be emotionally prepared when you start reading!! There's so many ups and downs in this book that you will either be so emotionally drained or exhausted from anger! I love a good book that takes you down so many emotional paths and that's exactly what this book does!
Chrissy Busick
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is not your typical love triangle or single dad romance. This is an absolutely heartbreaking tale. It is full of love, laughter, and sadness. Possibly one of the most well written books I have read in a while. I loved all of the different points of view. How well each character was developed, and the depth of each of them. Any woman would be lucky to find a man like Davan. His loyalty to Emmaline, while they didn't have a traditional marriage and he was falling hopelessly in love with Serap ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book definitely put a few tears in my eyes but also had me laughing out loud. It is the whole package (well other than it has a cliffhanger--but don't worry book 2 is already out!) and will leave your heart hurting a bit but also happy with how these characters work. I do NOT want to give anything away because I loved how the blurb was so simple, it instantly drew me in.

This book is unconventional, but there is not cheating and everything might be a bit twisted, but if you read the book you
Tasha Talks Books Blog
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing

DAVAN IS THE STORY THAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING A LIFETIME FOR. EVER SINCE BOOK 1 WHEN HE LEFT HEDGE TO GO BACK ON DEPLOYMENT. JUST SAYING HIS NAME MAKES ME WANT TO CRY. THE LOVE. THE STREGNTH. THE FAITHFULNESS. THE DEVOTION THAT HE PROTRUDES IS JUST REMARKABLE. DAVAN IS MARRIED TO HIS BEST FRIEND. SHE IS SICK AND THEY HAVE A CHILD TOGETHER. THE CUTEST CHILD EVER, I HAVE TO MENTION. THEY DONT HAVE A TYPICAL MARRIAGE THOUGH. QUEUE THE RED HEADED GODDESS WHO WALKS IN AND TAKES WHAT SHE WANTS, UNTIL SH
Stacey Goble
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alpha-males
What a roller coaster of a ride!. This one pulls on the heart strings. I don't think I have ever been so emotionally invested in a book like I was with this one. I don't think my heart has hurt so much either. I had to take a breather just to process what I had read!
This book continues the series Barber Shop Ink with Hedge's brother Davan. it covers a range of emotions. It seriously is a heart rending read in parts. I am not going to give any hints or spoilers. It is so worth reading. It does fi
Kirstie Davis
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I will start off by saying it took me a long time to get interested in this book. The first few chapters seemed to just drag on but I pushed through it because I felt like I needed to. The story is filled with emotions. Good, bad, ugly, happy. So many emotions. You want love to succeed but at the same time, your heart is breaking for EJ, her situation and the effect it has on Davan. I will say I've never read a book quite like this so that change was nice.
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first past of Davan and Pia’s story. Davan meets the girl of his dreams at his sisters’ wedding, but the only problem is he is already married. No spoilers, this is a must read. This is a well written story which is gritty, humorous, and steamy with a tad drama, which all leads to an emotional roller coaster journey throughout. I look forward to reading the next book in this engaging story, and I recommend for all.
Cynthia Carpenter
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Davan is one story that I have anticipated and it did not disappoint.
Davan, Pia, Emmaline, Matilda, and all the others will take you on an emotional, romantic, with some laughs and so much heartbreaking read that you will be crying before the end ,laughing thur it all and falling for the strong brooding man and the beautiful princess. Can't wait to read the next part. A truly EPIC read that pulls at your heart and soul
Beauty And The Books
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: maryann
Honestly, I really enjoyed this book Davan meets the love of his life and his sister wedding the only problem is that Davan is already married. In this book, you find out exactly how Davan and his wife's marriage really works, and you see how mad he is at not only himself but also at Pia for making him feel things he shouldn't be feeling. Overall this book was amazing.
Kristie Bivens
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When you meet the one, but can’t have them. You try to fight it. Stay away. Even become rude, but sometimes true love is stronger than all of that. But what happens when you lose your best friend/wife? How do you go on? Again, true/deep love will pull you through. And the unconditional love of a 5 year old.
Ashley Carr, LSoR
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and I so want more!!! This book had me all twisted up inside with my emotions all over the place. The book has some heartbreaking moments as well as laugh out loud moments, but the author really ties it all together for a very emotional read. I can’t wait to see what happens next with Davan and the gang! I highly recommend this book!!
Theresa Willett
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I lived in this book as I read it. I felt the thrills, the love, anger and frustration. Emmaline, Davan and Seraphina held me in such turmoil I could not put this book down. I laughed out loud and I cried, I stomped my foot and held my breath. It was great getting caught up with the other characters in the series. Please Penny, don’t make me wait too long for Part 2.
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I dont know how to write this so here goes
This book has my emotions all over the place Davan is at his sisters wedding when he meets his one , Pia the problem is he is married and has a daughter , I am not saying anything else except please give me the second part soon !!!
Wanda Frenette
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!!!

I need part 2 now that waiting is killing me!!! Was an amazing book. Love Hedge, Davan, EJ, Pia need to know what happens please!!!
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

Davan met the girl of his dreams at his sister's wedding. The only issue that he has is the fact that he is married to someone else. When Seraphina/Pia drags the perfect guy on the dance floor, she never imagined he was married, but thats how it always goes. The good ones are always taken. The two actually end up running into each other more than once, and each time leaves a bigger lasting impression than the last. Davan is beating himself up as he is supposed to be t
Sheryl Wheel
Karen
Jul 19, 2019
Karla
Jun 22, 2019

• Slashes in the Snow (Baum Squad #1)
  • A Debt Owed (The Debt Duet, #1)
  • Snowfall  (Baum Squad # 0.5)
  • Washed In Blood (Heaven's Guardians MC, #1)
  • Twisted Betrayal (Rydeville Elite #2)
  • Breaker
  • A Debt Repaid (The Debt Duet, #2)
  • Sin
  • Blood & Vows (A Twisted Duet, #2)
  • Sweet Retribution (Rydeville Elite #3)
  • Keeper
  • Mythic (Silent Sons MC, #5)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)
  • Pooh (The Devil's Angels MC #3)
  • Inhale, Exhale. (Hollow Ridge #1)
  • Kit (Carson Brothers, #1)
My name is Penny Blush, I love all things book and book related. I’m hoping that the people who make the James Bond movies will call me to ask to use my name as the next Bond Girl *Fingers Crossed*

When I’m not hoping for the Bond people to contact me, I usually can be found with my nose in a book getting lost in a story or thinking about stories I would like to write.

I’m Australian, I love to sin