Start by marking “Severance” as Want to Read:
Severance

Severance

They say first love doesn’t last. Alana’s ends on the night her boyfriend Dakota dies in a deadly shooting at a Portland club.

In an attempt to look for ways to deal with her grief, Alana reaches out to Dakota’s older brother Mikah, who’s struggling with moving on himself.

Both damaged beyond repair, neither Alana or Mikah know how to cope with their loss. What’s worse, the
ebook
Published July 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Severance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Severance

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

Omg loved it so much!It was emotional,heartwarming, intense and sexy! This was absolutely fantastic , full of emotions from the very start till the end!

description

I loved every minute of it and I could feel everything!It touched me in so many ways, my heart was aching for Alana and Mikah and for Dakota too.Thi story is about loss,healing and love.I loved how Alana and Mikah drown together, they feel the same pain and they find love to each other.

description

Their relationship is full of intense moments angst a
Malene
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**4.5 stars**
Severance was my first book by N.N. Britt and let me say she blew me away with this hauntingly real new adult romance.
Severance tackles sensitive topics such as shooting and PTSD. N.N. Britt has created a very authentic story which slowly crept under my skin and wouldn’t leave.
Alana and Mikah survives a shooting but 24 others don’t including Mikah’s younger brother Dakota who’s also Alana’s boyfriend.

Severance is Alana’s story. Her before and after. Both parts equally important
Robin Hill
***NOW LIVE!***

They say you hear a pop.

This gritty and heartbreaking story of a sheltered young girl caught in a love triangle between two rocker brothers—one living, one dead—grabbed me with a single sentence and held me captive till the very last page.

At eighteen, and still living at home with her overprotective parents, Alana is the last heroine I’d expect to feel a connection to, but I was drawn to her immediately. Written to perfection, her every thought, every action is so honest and ge
Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary
**It's Live!**

I don't have the words to describe how much I loved this book. This isn't simply an angsty romance or new adult fiction. It isn't simply anything. Severance is a complex meshing of terror, shock, sadness, anger, acute pain, uncertainty, and love. Gutwrenching yet heartwarming, this is definitely one of my favorite books of the year.

The writing is purposeful and phenomenal--an extremely well-thought-out blending of past and present in such a unique way that you don't often see. Som
Miftahul _MsLovesReading_
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
"I wish i was dead instead of him. For you

Title- Severance
author- N.N Britt
Publish date- 25th July
Genre- romance, Mental Health
Amazon- Severance https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TF4P33H/...
My Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/_miftahul_j...
My bookstagram- https://www.instagram.com/miftahul_ms...

♥♥♥♥♥

A standalone novel by N.N Britt! Alana at the age of eighteen is living with her overprotective parents, she is also known as church girl as her family is traditional and old fashioned but Ala
Michele
**Live Now!!**

I simply love N.N. Britt's stories. Even though they always seem to require a box of tissues, they are just beautiful and really touch my soul. However, Severance was also a difficult read and not in the way that you may think. It was difficult because the subject matter was so painful and intense. It was difficult because it was the story of two people who weren't dealing with their grief or their PTSD. It was difficult because the event in the beginning was so damn tragic and se
Lager & Lefse Book Blog
5 'Cupcake' Stars

There are unfortunate tragedies that happen in the world today. Despicable, unfathomable and horrendous acts that occur every single day, hour, and minute. They are acts that may be uncomfortable and unpleasant to talk about and read about.  But have you ever put yourself in these people’s shoes and think what they may be going through or have gone through? N.N. Britt tackled a very heavy subject with sympathy, grace, understanding, and compassion. When she wrote, Severance, she
FunUndertheCovers
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You only have to read the book’s description to know this story is going to be gut wrenching and heartbreaking, but it is also written in a way that is achingly beautiful.

This book starts out with a literal bang...gripping and captivating me with it’s intensity. The “Before” and “After” chapters gave me an insight into Alana’s relationship with Dakota prior to that ill fated night, as well as just who Mikah was and their interactions when she was just his brother’s girlfriend. Before and after
Kahea
***5 Stars***

That was intense.

An understatement and, admittedly, one that probably didn’t need to be said if you’ve read the blurb, but this book was intense in every way possible. It was also heartbreaking and heart melting and sweet, swoon worthy and all kinds of addictive as you follow the wild, chaotic and, at times, dark, journey these characters go on to find a way to move on with their lives.

I loved Alana. We get to see her before and after the shooting and in both instances I saw a gi
Kylee
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Severance is a story that is not only heartbreaking but also heartwarming. Mikah and Alana are tied together by loss, tragedy and love. The devastation they suffer will shatter you to the core but like a phoenix rising from the ashes, these two may discover a new life, love and future. This is a story that you won’t be able to put down and the fact I have resigned to only having two hours sleep is proof of that. As we flick between the then and now, connections will be felt, love will be dominan ...more
Jaela
Aug 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Is it me or every romance I've read lately is this lame?

No spoilers, the blurb pretty much says all what I'm about to say, just in other words...

This novel has Before and After chapters. I don't really see the point, since the Before is supposed to be about Dakota, but 'our girl' felt something for Micah too, even when she was with Dakota, before the "event".

Alana:
Stupid girl, 100% stupid! After the death of your boyfriend, you just don't throw yourself to his brother. You leave him alone in his
Lisa Aiello
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
That one put me through the emotional wringer!! It starts out with a literal bang...or actually, a pop! Since the story actually begins this way, this isn't really a spoiler - Alana is in a club, there is a shooting. She survives. Her best friend survives. Her boyfriend's brother, Mikah, survives. Her boyfriend, Dakota, and 23 others do not. This is the story of the before and after, told in alternating chapters.

I felt every single thing that Alana felt. When she was anxious, so was I. When she
Karen Sedgman
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW WOW what absolutely amazing read Severance was, loved this from start to finish! There were so many emotions with this read! Loved the then and now POV's, one brother gone and the other still here! I really like getting each of Dakota’s & Mikah's journey with Alana! This is a must read!
Tracy Trixy
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow... this book hits you in the feels... and you can’t say you weren’t warned lol
Alana meets Dakota, while her and Jess are at a gig. Numbers are exchanged and a relationship develops... the problems are, for one, her parents, who are super strict and religious, and two, Dakotas brother Mikah :)
Unfortunately while playing a gig, a gunman enters and Dakota doesn’t make it... but his brother who’s onstage with him, after seeing Dakota shot, helps protect Alana. Obviously these two are not going
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
Severance will forever be one of the most heartbreakingly beautiful books I will have ever read in my entire life. It explores themes of first loves, grief, pain, loss, healing and forbidden feelings. My heart ached, my tears flowed and I slowly fell in love.

This book will capture your attention and not let go. It stole a giant piece of my heart.

*Full review to come*
Caroline Pajda
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has my heart. It’s the type that will stay with you long after you finished with it. Alana and Mikah are absolutely fantastic. Natalia did an amazing job pulling me into Severance. Just from the beginning I was living Alana’s life. I could feel her emotions. Grief, anxiety, anger, love. I wanted to take her hand and say “Girl, you can do this! Guts over fears!”
Another time... I simply wanted to sit in silence with her...

I love stories like this. Real, painful, beautiful .

A.HUGE.BOOK.H
Robyn
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Cupcake Queen

This was another new to me author, and when I read the blurb—I knew I had to take a chance on it—my never ending TBR list be damned;) Every so often, I’ll “squirrel out” with an enticing new release that I didn’t have prior knowledge of...this was one of those times, and I’m so glad I did.

“Severance,” was written in ,“ Before” and “After” formatted chapters, in the female MC’s POV. I haven’t read a book like this in a long time, one that keeps you interested because of the luring
Melinda Ruyten
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read from N. N. Britt. I really enjoyed it. The book would be classified as a dark read. The writing was good. The story line is about a rockstar and who doesn’t enjoy a Rockstar romance book?
It’s about an 18 year old girl named Alana who has very over protective, strict church going parents and meets a guy in a up and coming rockband named Dakota. It all turns during a show when a tragic event occurs. It’s about Alana her friends and how her boyfriend’s brother co
Mandy Munholland
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

5 amazing stars !!! This book was so beautifully written , I loved every emotional, intense and heartbreaking word of it ! This is a story about loss , grief and healing but also about love and finding yourself too. My heart literally ached for Alana having been a survivor of gun violence too it was easy for me to relate to what she went through being a survivor and suffering from PTSD and depression.

I simply could not put it down!

This is a amazing Rockstar romance a must read filled with
Joanne Ragona
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it

***4.5 Stars***

Deeply moving. This book owned me for 2 days. The subject matter is tough, the emotions are hard, the sadness, the bitterness, the fear...the love. All of it written so superbly by NN Britt. I loved this book. (And as a side, I haven’t smoked in years but Mikah made me want to grab a Marlboro! 😉)

This is not an easy read...but it is relevant and important and the author handles it so well. And if you read NN Britt’s Rapture, be sure to sign up for the bonus material at the end of
Jacinta - Aussie Book Nook
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from this Author and wow what a book to start with.

This is written in a non linear narrative from Alana's point of view. It is a story filled with emotion, heartbreak, strength, angst and love.

I could not put it down!

There are some moments in this book where I got strong reactions from how the heroine was feeling.
The mental health issues portrayed in this book are so well written. I really felt a connection to Alana, She was so genuine you couldn't help but
Pinki Jana
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book. Severance is a heartbreaking story. Once you start reading this book you won't be able to put down the book. I fell in love with Alana, Mikah and Dakota. Give this book a try.
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
description

Severance by N.N Britt pulled on my heartstrings and didn’t let go. Alana, Dakota, and Mikah’s story is about courage, love, loss, and healing. Severance is equally haunting and heartbreakingly beautiful. This standalone romance is packed with genuine and raw emotion. Get it on 7.25
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: This review MAY contain spoilers. I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

This book has totally gutted me. This is such an intense, gritty, and raw book full of so many emotions. This story will hold you hostage from the first page. You won't be able to put it down.

I loved the plot of this book. It is so heartbreaking yet so satisfying at the same time. The story is told in a nonlinear narrative with before and aft
Cleida R
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What heartbreaking love story!
Coco.V
Jul 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
💝 ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💝
Brit *My Little Book Nook*
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*ARC generously provided by author for honest review*

At one point in the book, author NN Britt uses the description “desperately exhilarating and painfully beautiful.”
This is exactly how I would describe Severance.

I love everything about this book.
I love the grit. I love the angst. I love the raw emotion. I love the slow burn of the attraction and romance, and the devastating ache of guilt and grief. I love the creative writing and the way the story is mapped out.
I love Alana. I love Dakota. I l
Amy  Crull
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book will break your heart over and over again. My heart broke for Mikah and Alana, Jess and Luke and the rest of the families who lost loved ones. It was especially hard on Mikah. He didn't have his mother's respect or love. Dakota always came first despite the times that Mikah found it first. He lived in the shadows of his older brother his whole life. Dakota even got the girl first which broke Mikah even more. Alana came into their lives and never left. She came from a very strict, churc ...more
K.  Ramjohn
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-read
Severance was an emotionally breath-taking, intense story, that will grab your attention from the first chapter and hold you captive until the very end. This was my first NN Britt novel and I was blown away, as it was absolutely amazing. I don't have adequate word to describe how much I loved it.
This story was a complex mix of love, romance, terror, grief and anger. It a love triangle, and what a triangle, between a sheltered church girl and two brothers - one dead and one alive. The story deals
Jean
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Real life got in the way of me finishing this book. *sigh*

I did really like it, but had some trouble getting past Alana's "young" feeling. I understood that she was pretty much sheltered and had overprotective parents. But some of her thoughts and actions just seemed like a young teenage girl.

Anyway, of course Mikah was favored by me. Hurting, broken, tortured and brooding......yep, that's my favorite kind of book boyfriend.

The story jumps from before and after (the shooting) and how it affects
« previous 1 3 4 next »
N.N. Britt is a Los Angeles-based music journalist and photographer. Her photos have graced t-shirts, billboards, and CD covers. She pens thought-provoking novels about flawed people. When she's not writing or drinking coffee, she's probably reading or attending a heavy metal show.

Newsletter sign up ⇨ http://bit.ly/readersvip