Start by marking “Voice of Life (The Spoken Mage, #4)” as Want to Read:
Voice of Life (The Spoken Mage, #4)

Voice of Life

(The Spoken Mage #4)

The fourth and final book in the Spoken Mage series

In her fourth year, Elena should be focused on final exams and graduation. Instead, her future, and the future of those she loves, depends on her ability to stop a decades-long war. Join Elena and Lucas for their final year at the Academy.

If you enjoy strong heroines, fantasy worlds, adventure, intrigue, and romance, then
Published June 7th 2019 by Luminant Publications

To ask other readers questions about Voice of Life, please sign up.

Start your review of Voice of Life (The Spoken Mage, #4)
L.R.W. Lee
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved each and every book in this innovative series, but I was disappointed at how the love story arc finished. It kind of fizzled, and that's what had compelled me forward through the series. I had hoped for a grand finale with the prince sweeping Eleane up in his arms before everyone, etc and boldly proclaiming his love, or at a minimum feeling the feels of a love that had been constricted to that point, being released and experienced by both characters. Alas, it was not to be, but it was ...more
Tricia Mingerink
I can't believe this amazing series is over!! I'm definitely itching for a re-read to see how this author set up all the twists in this book that totally blindsided me, and I don't get blindsided like that very often.

This whole series is so good! It hits many of the magical academy tropes, along with the "chosen one" type tropes, yet it uses those tropes to its advantages.

By this book, Elena, Lucas, Jasper, Coralie, Araminta, Finnian, and all the rest are such familiar characters that it feels
Allis
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Conclusion to a Great Series

Part of me is sad that this series is over. I will miss Elena and Lucas. Part of the appeal of this series to me was that it never forced any romances drastically. It might be obvious where it was going to end up but there were many probable issues in between. I think parts of the plot were definitely forced or coincidental. There is no way many aspects leading up to the end could have happened. I mean, captured but saved miraculously a few hours later without
Zimt
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was perfect. How every narrative thread came seamlessly together was brilliant amd exciting to read. The conclusion of the Spoken Mage series was one of the most satisfactorily I have read for some time. Mrs. Cellier has to have had outlines the whole main plot over the four books. There was never a logical break and she did not forget any mystery thread from her first books in this series. Everything came together in the end and was solved.
Camilla
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
The ending was as satisfying as each book in the series has been. There are impossible conflicts in every book but the overarching storyline progressed steadily and the conclusion was wonderful. I could not be happier with this story and now I have to try out Cellier's other stories because I know her to be an excellent author.
Lexie
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok folks strap in.

I want to preface this review by saying this final book in the series made me look at the other books differently. I won't change their stars or reviews, but if I do an overall review on the blog I'll address some things for each book.

This final book in the Spoken Mage series was...crammed. We ping pong between locations and plot points almost faster than I could follow.

While the reveal over the traitors is surprising, I honestly had doubts from Book 2 over the ones at fault.

Shruti
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story has evolved so much. I honestly hadn't expected to get so attached to it. But I've clearly fallen in love with it. Thankfully the author has plans to write more books set in this world because I for one surely need more of Elena and her world.

With all the trademark Melanie Cellier traits and a really fabulous wrap up , I think this might be her best work yet.
Saffron
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, what a fantastic read!

This series is definitely among my top favourites. It is exceptionally well written and also very well paced story. Just wow.

I've found The Spoken Mage series absolutely captivating read. The storyline just constantly evolved in all the right directions, meaning, relationships and personalities evolved gained depth and in general were never in the state of stasis or purposeless. Same goes for the political scene, its tensions and manoeuvrings, as well as Elena’s self
Denae Christine
Reader thoughts: So good and satisfying! I love when books end well. The entire series ended well. I'm not upset or wishing the characters had just thought faster. I'm not mad at the author for killing off a favorite character. I'm not upset that some plot element was forgotten or left unsolved. I'm just happy. (This is rare for me at the end of a series.)

I won't give too much away. Suffice it to say that this book had a happy ending. Maybe several.

Commoners reading? Traitors in Arden? Ack!

I
Annette
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The last book in a series can make and break an entire series and therefore it took me a while to get to this book. But today felt like the perfect day to find out how things would end for our spoken mage and I wasn't disappointed.

Just like in the previous books, this book once again took us to parts of the world we hadn't seen before. In this case Elena and her yearmates visited the neighbouring kingdoms and we got explained where the conflict and war originated and what it was actually about.
Leah Feltner
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know it’s a good book when you stay up until 2am to finish it...because you just HAVE to know how it ends. :-)This was definitely a fun series and I’m glad to find out the resolution, however, I’m going to miss Elena and the crew.When I first started book 1, my head hurt a little trying to understand the concept of this world and the written mages verses the common born. However, by book 2, 3 and especially 4, you are so invested, that whole world makes complete sense.This book had a lot ...more
Candice Allen
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful finish to an amazing series

I couldn't put this book down, I had to keep reading to find out how it all worked out. I'm happy and sad about the ending. I definitely didn't think it would take some of the twists it did with the traitors... I won't spoil it for you, suffice it to say that you will be surprised at how it all connects. I love that this final book took us on a journey to distant lands and opened up a wonderful world of possibilities for common born and mages alike. I
Josie
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-to-finish
This book was an amazing end to the series, but I sadly was only able to give it 4 stars instead of the 5 stars that the 3 previous books earned. The plot was very well rolled out and kept me on my toes, I never would have guessed who the traitors to the crown truly were and was shocked when the truth was revealed. What really let this story down was the climax of the subtle (not so subtle at times) romance that was building between Lucas and Elena. There was no real grand finale to their love ...more
Maegan Daugherty
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An artfully crafted, uniquely defined world of adventure

Will Elena find her happily ever after with Lucas? How in the world will they overcome so many obstacles in a world of royalty, intrigue, spies, and betrayal where words are power? My lips are sealed. Grab the adventure above to find out!

For those like me who enjoy a clean, fun, adventure filled read, this series is amazing. The characters fly off the page. I found myself laughing and crying, enthralled in the plot of twists and turns
Megan Heywood
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this series so much! I really hope she writes a spin-off series (or two) as I cannot get enough of this "world." That being said, I gave it a 4/5 instead of a 5/5 like the others, because I felt like there were a couple of places in the story line that were a bit rushed, unlike in the other 3 books. I still enjoyed it immensely and highly recommend it. I loved that the romance budded over a series of books to where there was an obvious mutual affection and friendship put in place. I also ...more
Kerstin
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clean-fantasy
I really enjoyed this book! The ending climax was awesome for the series. I loved all the little details you learned in this story about the history of the different countries. I loved the ending! The author does such a great job at tying up all the lose ends and giving you a very satisfying ending. No chopped ending or unanswered questions. I love her writing! One of my favorite authors! I loved all the character developments. So great! This was the best book in the series. Loved it! I want to ...more
Kim  Gregory
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this whole series and am sorry that it's come to an end. I sure to hope that you can keep going with the story, Melanie. I love the concept that words hold power and we need to be conscious of how our words affect others.

Elena and Lucas have some trouble in this story and often I was disappointed in Lucas for not keeping his promise to Elena - but I'm glad that there is a HEA ending.

I also enjoyed the closer look and the growth of our secondary characters. Julian was a pleasant
Viki Meadows
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series

This is the fourth and final book in the series and I'd recommend starting with the first one.
The world building is detailed, clever and thorough and the characters, main and secondary, are well drawn, complex and likeable. The threads are managed consistently, there are no plot holes and everything is woven beautifully into a thoroughly enjoyable story with lots of twists. Doesn't matter if you're into fantasy or not this series is definitely a super read and I recommend it.
Nichole Kammeraad
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story with good characters development

I enjoyed these 4 books. I liked the characters and the story of a spoken mage. Well written and character development was done very well. The dialogue was real and well written. I liked all the characters. I do realize it is a young fantasy but I wish more time was spent with Elena and Lucas in happy longer scenarios. Their always fleeting romantic moments had me waiting until the end hoping they’d be married or more intimate. Unfortunately it never
Rachel Cass
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fitting end

I stumbled upon this series while reading Kindle recommendations, and I'm so glad I did! I have loved Elena and Lucas's story! All the characters, really, have been so well-developed and fun to read. Both Elena and Lucas had many obstacles, and every time I'd think they had overcome something, another thing entirely would interfere! There were so many twists and turns and revelations in this final installment of the Spoken Mage series. I loved it! Now, fingers crossed to continue
Chloe Sullivan
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series. I fell in love with Elena right from the start. My only hesitation on giving this a five star review was that I wish that there had been a little more build up with the romantic stuff. Like, I found myself questioning why I was so attached to Lucas because it felt like I barely knew him. Overall, this story was an easy read, really fun and tugged ar the heart. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys romantic fantasy YA novels. You won’t be disappointed!
Excelrn
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good series!

I am so glad this author decided to step away from the derivative tales she had been writing, for this foray into such an original story! I am a voracious reader, but I don't think I've ever read another story with the premise for magic that is in this series. Great tale, with an ending that ties everything together. Good characters that grow and descriptive world building that shows how different each country is. Looking forward to more from this author.
June
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love books about magic and becoming.

Mages, dragons, and students learning and growing and having adventures make me happy. There are no dragons or magical animals in this series, but it has so much other magic throughout and mysteries to solve. The way magic works in this world is unique. I love the main character, Elena and many of the other characters. Her prince is not very likable at first, but all is explained at the end of the series.
Linda Fine
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

I wish that I had taken the time to write a review and explain why I rated the other books in this series as I did. I think I rated them as 4* books because they were good but seemed a bit disjointed in places. This final book wrapped everything up nicely and wove in all the loose threads well. My only regret, oddly enough, is that everything is so nicely wrapped up and there's no more to the series.
Imogen Woodington
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
HOT DAMN.
I was worried that it was turning into a repeat of book 3, but NOPE, what a ride!
Everything get revealed, NO silly surprises that we’re made up randomly on the spot, everything was well thought out, plots among plots among plots, nothing is clear till the last quarter.
Some of it I couldn’t even have guessed! And normally I find a way to hone in on the suspects etc. some were obvious but some where very surprising!

Going to be a while before I read anything this good again :)
Deb Sheldon
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyable

If you are looking for several hours filled with characters you love, a couple whopping plot twists, a strong heroine, exotic locations, and a well paced story, look no farther. This is it! And did I mention you could recommend it to your kids and grandma because it’s not only clean, but just that good.
Danielle
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spellbinding!

Tons of intrigue, action, and a lot of unexpected friendships. Put together what is known about written mages from the readings and unexpected factors regarding spoken mage. Plenty of wonderings about kingdoms and empire, and their conflicts. This last book wraps things up unexpectedly and so neat. Definitely recommend reading the series in the order!
Faifre6
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Super in-depth story building and a vast, bright world that any reader would gobble up. I absolutely LOVED The Spoken Mage series. It got me out of my book slump after Throne of Glass. I didn’t think any book could capture the story building or excitement, but this series certainly did! Loved it!
Katie
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great end to the series

Easily the best book in the series. I felt the other books in this series were much slower and all built up to this book. This is the book where everything happens! Loved the twists and turns. Some things were definitely resolved too easily but it didn’t take away from the story.
Loc Nguyen
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Honestly, this book left me very satisfied. One of the best series out there and I am so happy that I was apart of it. The way the story weaves unexpected news with sudden and tense moments drive me high and low. Definitely recommend to all who appreciate a good afternoon reading a book or any other time!
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Adding book to series 3 19 Jun 07, 2019 10:28PM

• Curse of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #2)
  • Reign of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #3)
  • Apprentice of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #1)
  • Path of Secrets: A Reimagining of Little Red Riding Hood (The Andari Chronicles Book 6)
  • Identity (Kingdom Chronicles, #3)
  • Spelled (The Kingdom Chronicles, #2)
  • A Curse of Gems: A Retelling of Toads and Diamonds (The Classical Kingdoms #7)
  • The Moonflower Dance (Firethorn Chronicles #4)
  • Beast of Rosemead: A Retelling of Beauty and the Beast (Fairytales of Folkshore #4)
  • Beauty of Rosemead: A Retelling of Beauty and the Beast (Fairytales of Folkshore Book 5)
  • Hunted: Alba's Story (Destined #5)
  • The Lady and the Wish (Faraway Castle, #4)
  • The Swan King
  • Pathways (Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
  • The Beast and the Beauty (Reversed Retellings, #2)
  • Queen of Cahraman: A Retelling of Aladdin (Fairytales of Folkshore #3)
  • The Orphan (Oberon Academy #1)
  • The Sorceress in Training (Fairy Tale Kingdoms, #3)
Melanie Cellier grew up on a staple diet of books, books and more books. And although she got older, she never stopped loving children’s and young adult novels. She always wanted to write one herself, but it took three careers and three different continents before she actually managed it.

She now feels incredibly fortunate to spend her time writing from her home in Adelaide, Australia where she

The Spoken Mage (4 books)
  • Voice of Power (The Spoken Mage, #1)
  • Voice of Command (The Spoken Mage, #2)
  • Voice of Dominion (The Spoken Mage, #3)
“This was well before your time, and I have lived a great deal of life since then.” He leaned forward abruptly, spearing me with his gaze. “But you never forget. It never goes away. Some things shouldn’t be lost.” 0 likes