Start by marking “Finding Beauty: 170 Ways to Look on the Bright Side” as Want to Read:

Finding Beauty: 170 Ways to Look on the Bright Side

Patrick Lindsay’s Finding Beauty is a spiritual wake-up call. When humanity loses its way, when negative forces stir up hatred and ugliness, beauty will be our guide. Beauty will lift us up and set us on the right path again. Beauty provides a pathway to illustrate complex ideas, to reshape thoughts, to reimagine problems and to find solutions. It encourages calmness and r ...more
Expected publication: October 1st 2019 by Bright Happy Books LLC

Win a Copy of This Book

• Finding Beauty by Patrick Lindsay
    Release date: Oct 01, 2019
    Enter for a chance to win one of five first edition copies of Finding Beauty by Patrick Lindsay.

“A beautiful book. Each page is a meditation of grati

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 1006 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Aug 22 - Sep 09, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Finding Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Beauty

Shelly
    Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: netgalley
    This is a lovely light-read with simple yet meaningful reminders of finding beauty in everyday life. The short, concise and gentle reminders supported with pleasant poetic passages are calming and compelling.
    Ana Caipires
    Jun 13, 2019 rated it liked it
    Shelves: netgalley
    This is my first Netgalley review! I’m going to start by saying that this is a pretty simple book (maybe a bit too simple for my taste ), it’s a well put together list of things that makes our lives a little brighter. Overall I enjoyed it because I can relate to how walking in nature, seeing the trees in all their glory or swimming in the ocean refreshes the soul or how life definitely improves once you realize how important it is to be kind to others and to yourself - “look deeply into your eye ...more
    Kelly Long
    Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.
    This short little book is full of simple reminders to find beauty in every day life. It's not a deep, thought-provoking book but still has some good tips.
    Mukesh Gupta
    Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Overview:

-- I got this book as an advance review copy from Netgalley. I really liked the concept of the book. The author has taken a simple thought and made it into a nice and beautiful book.

Ease of reading:

-- I read the entire book thrice, in a single sitting. Then I came back to it again after a few days. I thought of the entire book as a single poem which has been written with a small passage on each page. The book is not only easy to read, but is also moving.

What I loved about the book:
    Patch405 (Shannon Barghols)
    Sometimes when you are overwhelmed with negative thoughts, you have no idea where to find a starting place for pulling yourself out of the abyss. Finding Beauty by Patrick Lindsay offers a great solution. Designed in very short meditations and complementing quotes, the pages of this book provide tons of options that anyone can identify with and use. From the things right outside your front door (clouds, a spider doing its work, a tree) to the intangible (silence, considering alternatives, balanc ...more
    Justine
    Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2019
    **digital version provided to me free of charge; review happily (and voluntarily) written**

Finding Beauty is at once a reminder that there is beauty everywhere and a guidebook to finding that beauty. It is simply written, with a few cliches thrown in among the sweetly poetic passages ("To have (a friend) you must be one." ::eyeroll::)

The thing is, it clicked. I found myself smiling again and again while reading this book, and imagining vivid scenes. A good percentage of the 170 beautiful things
    Kathy
    Finding Beauty is a wonderful reminder of the multiple opportunities we have each day to find beauty if we but recognize it.

Each of the 170 ways given to look on the bright side of things is paired with an appropriate quote - a bonus for quote lovers like me!!

This would make a wonderful gift for anyone interested in being more positive in their outlook.

Many thanks to NetGalley and to Bright & Happy Books LLC for allowing me the opportunity to read and review an ARC of this book in exchange
    James
    Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
    Shelves: 2019
    A simple book, each page devoted to a quote and a few words about something beautiful and inspiring. There's not much here, but it's a nice reminder about the important things to observe.

[I received an advanced e-galley of this book through Netgalley. It is due to be released September 10, 2019.]
    🌈⭐️RoseOfRainbows⭐️🌈💕
    As someone who struggles with chronic anxiety, this book was so calming and such a resource when it came to experiencing anxiety and the feelings I have. It’s touching, empathetic, and something that I will read over and over again. 5/5 stars for a beautiful book that gave me the courage to believe in happiness.
    Heather Bennett
    Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Finding Beauty is a simple book to remind us to slow down and enjoy the beauty in the smallest and simplicity in life. The world can be so ugly and negative that we all need to take deep breath and focus on the beauty instead of all the ugliness.
    Isabelle Nagy
    Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
    It was okay, I enjoyed some parts of “Finding Beauty” and there were some areas that I could see room for improvement or change, but at least it could be due to my personal preferences. All in all, I do recommend this to anyone looking to find beauty in life.
    Tammy Smiley