Start by marking “Under the Scrubs” as Want to Read:
Under the Scrubs

Under the Scrubs

My life is ordinary, steady, predictable. And I’m okay with that. Working long shifts at the hospital is all the excitement I need.

But when a simple rescue-attempt goes wrong, I find myself in the arms of an arrogant, yet sexy FBI agent.

Kai Evans is what I’d call way out of my league. Yet, we end up dating. Sort of. That’s if you count fast-bike escapes and kissing while
Kindle Edition
Published May 21st 2019 by Limitless Lublishing

To ask other readers questions about Under the Scrubs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Scrubs

Start your review of Under the Scrubs
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Hilda
Emilia is a mess. I didn’t like her character at all. And the H was no better. Was he even the H though? We never find out because there’s another H in the story and Emilia never fully decides who she likes more. Honestly, she was such a mess. No clear direction in anything she did. How is she a doctor? Really, this is a real question.

I was hate reading the whole time and I rolled my eyes so many times. It was painful. Yet, I finished so, I guess I liked it enough. That cover reeled me in. Too
Camilla Monk
I read an early version of UTS back when it was in development and fell in love with Katerina's characters and fun, fast-paced story! The writing is sleek, as always with Katerina, the characters full of charm and life, and Taylor remains one of my fave male characters of all time. :D

Also, just to make you guys jealous, I already know what happens next!
Ashley (A Stack Above The Rest Blogg)
“Under the Scrubs” by Katerina Baker

I received this book from Net Galley to review and I have not read any previous works by Katerina Baker to compare. Reading the description, I thought this could be a great book filled with action and well developed characters.

I was wrong.
I made it to chapter eight before I eventually gave up trying to be interested.

By chapter eight, I expected to have some connection to the main characters and some details as to the plot. I knew little to nothing about Kai
Shelby
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
UNDER THE SCRUBS by Katerina Baker is more than a romance book. Not to say it is not spicy, titillating, and naughty, because it certainly is. Lovers of romance and erotica will not be let down. But the book is also a thriller, full of action and unexpected surprises.

The book starts with a young celebrity coming to the hospital to have her baby delivered by Dr. Hughes. The doctor, a responsible OB/GYN delivers the baby boy, but in an unexpected twist, she also names the baby. And what is this? S
Katie Robinson
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Well, I wanted to like this more than I did. The relationship between Emilia and Kai felt forced - like they didn’t have a natural chemistry. The whole time I wanted to just yell at her “YOU DON’T KNOW THIS GUY, why are you doing that?!” The pacing felt really off to me, with most scenes feeling far too rushed. The first 40% of the novel isn’t as intriguing as it should be - I was tempted to DNF but kept going because it’s an ARC and I wanted to give it a chance. I didn’t hate it, but I certainl ...more
ShinyObject
May 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of Under the Scrubs by Katerina Baker from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Overall, this novel missed the mark for me. I felt that the plot should have been interesting given the story's summary, but the plot wasn't evenly paced and it was just confusing as all get out. Since the author never clarified or unraveled the plot threads, it was not enjoyable and I struggled to finish the novel. Also, the main characters were kind of boring and weakly fle
Heather Wood
May 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-book, netgalley
*scroll to the bottom for content warnings*
This book was a HOT MESS. Avoid at all costs.
I made it the whole way through, only because I committed to a review, but I still have absolutely no clue what happened.
h is a board certified doctor. An OB/GYN but has no experience with babies? Ummm interns do rotations, pediatrics would be one of them. She even references an emergency rotation later and calls upon that experience. Just one of many inconsistencies.
It's really confusing who the primary l
Books Laid Bare
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
From the blurb I thought this had promise, it certain was enough to encourage me to open the first page and get started, but whilst I can’t say that the whole story was to my taste, I can say that I was prepared to finish it although at times it was touch and go…because the author didn’t make it easy to either get to know or like the characters.
Emilia was a doctor, who was generally all about the helping out, but at times I got the impression that her assistance was almost self-satisfying, she
I Hrt Books
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Michelle
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arcs
Emilia Hughes is an OB/GYN who gets caught up in one bad situation after another. She's not trying to cause trouble, but she has that do-gooder heart where she needs to intervene and help. She's not really a tough girl, but she takes good care of people as a doctor and can cook like a dream. Kai Evans manages to sweep in a rescue her the first time and after that he begins to pursue her. They seemed like a cute couple at first, except Kai is rather tight lipped about anything personal about hims ...more
Patty
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emilia is a new OBGYN working her way up. Long hours don’t really leave room for dating. But one night a chance encounter brings her to Kai.

Kai leads the life of a FBI agent. He has a mission to get to the bottom of what happened a few years back, that ripped his world apart and left an agent dead. He is so focused on his mission, he has lost focus on his personal life. That is till he sees her.

When a famous person goes into labor, Emilia is thrown into a dangerous world that she was not prepare
Char Davis
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When leaving the hospital after a long night of delivering babies Dr.Emilys sees a man threatening a woman with a baby she tells at him an the woman runs off but now shes up against the wall in a dirty alley with a man with a knife threatening her but shes saying all kinds of crazy things an the guy is looking crazy at her when out of nowhere a man comes too the rescue.Hes gorgeous with the most beautiful blue eyes.He says his name is Kai an offer to give her a ride home at first she says she ca ...more
Kelly Merie
The blurb and gorgeous cover drew me in and I couldn't wait to try out this new-to-me author. I'm very sad to say that I didn't like it.

Too many plot holes, the characters were very wishy-washy and the plot was a trainwreck. I made it to chapter 7 before I started skimming the book to the end.

I couldn't get over how much of an airhead the heroine was, especially when she is supposed to be educated enough to be a DOCTOR. The first couple of chapters just had some much going on and not enough "t
Rachel Neuburger Reynolds
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
What a wild ride! I had a great time reading Under the Scrubs. The journey of watching tempered OB/GYN Emilia turn bad-ass adventure chick was a blast. Emilia is a great character - she's written with humor and charm, but still holds her own between two warring FBI agents (one-ex) as she's caught up in this roller coaster of intrigue and danger.

The story took me in directions I did not see coming. Fast-paced action and a really interesting array of characters. The romance with Kai is complex an
Nicole Levy
Jun 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF @32%.

The blurb sounded awesome, but I don't feel like it's at all an accurate description of the actual story; at least not the first third. The narrator, Emilia, particularly bothers me. She's supposed to be an accomplished doctor, but she doesn't act like it! Kai is all over the place, and the only reason I know he's FBI is because of the blurb.

I rarely DNF, especially a book I agreed to review, but this story is inconsistent and not as expected, and Emilia annoys me too much to continue.
Linda
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! What a story that had me rapidly reading and I could not STOP! Poor Dr. Emilia Hughes just had the day of hell when she attempted to help a teenage girl who was on the very verge of giving birth and as an OB/GYN, she went into doctor mode automatically. What Emilia didn't know was her world was about to change! All five foot three, she had attempted to stop a robbery in a dark alley of a woman and a baby. She taught birthing classes at the YMCA, thinking herself a badass, she yelled at the ...more
Rady Reads
May 08, 2019 rated it liked it
First I want to thank you Xpresso and NetGalley to give me the opportunity to read and review this book.

When I read the blurb I was immediately interested in getting my hands on this novel. The cover is also quite hot right?

The plot itself was good although I felt like there were holes they still needed stiches and the story would be totally amazing if there would be smooth switching between the scenes. Otherwise I am sure this new author needs to be given a chance as I truly like her thinking,
Melinda
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
i really wanted to love this book. Especially with the blurb and the cover really catching my attention. Also a new to me author too but I just didn’t click with this story or characters which is an absolute shame. Really wanted this book to be amazing and I just couldn’t finish the book. Will try the author again if a book catches my attention but this one wasn’t for me. Hope it might be for other people thow.
N. Nieto
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A MUST READ!

This was my first read by this author and I wasn't dissapointed! Its the type of book that grabs your attention from the first page and doesn't let go even after the last page! Great book and will definitely go on my reread list!
Oh and just so its clear I'm team Tay NOT Kai!
Jessica
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
The blurb for this book hooked me! I was intrigued! I was still hooked through about 30%.
Then I skipped around.
The story lost me.
I really think this story could be amazing with a little more work on it. Too much kept me thinking the main lady was an idiot. It was missing something.
I’d be willing to read this book again if it was updated.
Salla (Books Told Me So)
Full review:

Need a light romance as a palate cleanser after a too emotional read? This book works perfectly for that cause. There was potential in the beginning but I got disappointed by the main character's lack of backbone somewhere in the middle of the book.
Alex Norton
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it
For a full review click here: https://likelystory.blog/2019/07/19/r...

This book was pretty good. If you are ever looking for a nice romance to read, this one will work for you. It has action, romance, mystery, and a bit of crime. You follow Emilia as she jumps in to help solve a mystery while being caught between two guys.
Kimberly
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romantic suspense read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry.

poppy
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
This was a really good action packed read I picked it up to read a couple of chapters before bed and before I knew it it was the early hours and I had finished. I really enjoyed this book and I cannot wait to read more from Katerina in the future.
Lucinda
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book with amazing characters! I got pulled into the story from the start and truly enjoyed the ride! I loved every page and I would recommend it to others!

Elvira
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had a good time reading this book has lots of chemistry between the characters and enjoyed the storyline flowed smoothly.

Sarah Gomez (cruelexistencebooks)
It wasn't screaming to me, honestly. The whole story felt like a hundred scenes had been placed together with their knots still jumbled up, some not even making sense at times.
Teresa
May 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Coco.V
May 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie, arc
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/26/2019)! 🎁

💝 ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💝

• Maxie (Triple X Book 2)
  • Nixon's Promise (Gemini Group #1)
  • Hard Target (Cobra Elite, #1)
  • Wicked Dirty Games (Dirty Billionaire #1)
  • Forever Entangled (Forever Bluegrass, #1)
  • Unrelenting Love (Black Swan, #1)
  • A Hero's Heart (Resolution Ranch, #2)
  • The SEAL's Surprise Son (The Admiral's Seals, #1)
  • A Secret To The Grave (Detective Parker Bell #1)
  • Impressing Her Billionaire Cowboy Boss (Millionaire Ranchers #1)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Boyfriend (Christmas in Coral Canyon #3)
  • The Enemy Inside (The Captive #1)
  • Second Chance for the Mountain Man
  • From This Moment On (San Francisco Sullivans, #2; The Sullivans, #2)
  • Committed (Agent Hank Rawlings, #3)
  • Secret Baby (Forbidden First Times #4)
  • Do Marry Your Billionaire Boss (Jewel Family #1)
  • Wrapped in Ink (Montgomery Ink: Boulder, #1)
Katerina Baker is a lucky gal who still attempts to have it all: full-time project management job that she enjoys, crazy family of four (with the ongoing threats of getting a pet to upset the family equilibrium) and writing.

Although on some days she is much more successful at managing her life than on the others, she still claims that she doesn’t want it any other way.

Katerina is represented by S