Start by marking “The Little Book of Big Feelings: An Illustrated Exploration of Life's Many Emotions” as Want to Read:

From the author of the popular Introvert Doodles and Kind of Coping, Maureen “Marzi” Wilson is tackling all kinds of big feelings with over 175 relatable, supportive, and light-hearted comics in her signature style.

We’ve been conditioned to think that the most acceptable response to “How are you?” is, “I’m fine.” But our emotions are much more complicated than that!
Published November 26th 2019 by Adams Media

To ask other readers questions about The Little Book of Big Feelings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Book of Big Feelings

Start your review of The Little Book of Big Feelings: An Illustrated Exploration of Life's Many Emotions
Kristy K
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I think this would be a great book for kids, especially introverted children, to help them identify and understand theirs and others' feelings. But this is also a book adults can relate too as well. Each chapter discusses a particular emotion (from anticipation to anger to joy and more) and the accompanying pictures not only detail the emotions, they'll put a smile on your face. If you are a fan of Marzi's Instagram page, you will adore this book.

I received an advanced copy through
Tucker

Many thanks to Pocket Books for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

okay, this was so relatable... i feel like someone just read my mind and made it a book

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | Reddit | LinkedIn | YouTube |
Shelby (Grace with Books)
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As an introvert, I related to this book on a very personal level. Emotions are something that not a lot of people feel comfortable talking about but Marzi has put them in a format that I think will help a lot of people process and accept the emotions they have. It is ok not to feel fine all the time and this book does a great job of helping the reader understand that. I enjoyed this as a college student but I think this book can literally be for all ages. Anyone at any age will benefit from this ...more
Etienne
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
A book that explore feelings through cartoons in a web comic style. It has good humor while being very light but interesting enough to explore feelings in a new ways that would maybe help reach pre-teens or older kids around 9-10 or older, that wouldn’t find what they need in other books about feelings that are often very childish. Original concept, nothing extraordinary but it has and audience and an achieved purpose so that’s good!
Reading Tam Ishly
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
'You know I you if ...
I let you borrow my books.
I trust you with my dog.
I actually answer the phone when you call.'

Strangely, I find reading this one really comforting. Because I could well relate to it: all the good and ugly sides included! She is just so me!

The composition is really clever. It seems too easy to read and enjoy but there's also this simple fact that we all love her relatable art. And it doesn't fail with this one too.
This small book of art/feelings collection is divided into
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Adams Media and Maureen Marzi Wilson, for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*

3 stars.

The Little Book of Big Feelings, is a collection of different emotions. Maureen Marzi Wilson goes into detail of what each emotion is and how it comes up in here life. This Graphic Novel also has a humorous side to it which makes it not just a book to teach you about emotions but to also be able to have a laugh along with the author.

I like the way that this is done.
Morris
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've adored all of this author's previous works and this one did not disappoint. It's nice not to feel alone in these feelings. Anyone can enjoy it, but I especially recommend it to those who have social anxiety, are introverted, or have a mental illness.

This unbiased review is based upon a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Maria Elmvang
A cute and very relatable graphic novel about how different emotions might manifest in your life. Apparently the author and I are quite alike, because I could definitely recognize most of her findings and how feelings showed up in her life.

I do kinda wish the order of the chapters had been different though, and would recommend new readers to skip the first chapter (curiosity) and return to it at a later stage, because it is by far the weakest of the lot, and almost made me give up on the book
Caffeinated Fae
Have you ever saw a book that you knew you were going to love? When I saw this little book offered on NetGalley, I knew that I HAD to read it. I was so excited when I was finally able to sit down and dive in. Now imagine my surprise when I realized quickly that I just did not like this book. Everything pointed to this being the perfect book for me, but unfortunately, this was just not that good.

The drawings and cartoons were adorable, though, the low resolution of the book made it almost
Heena Rathore P.
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
An okayish read. Very quick and entertaining. The illustrations were cute and made the book enjoyable.
Truebluedah ♪
I absolutely loved this book.
It was like a therapy session in a tiny package.

It had so much good advice and stuff to learn in it.
It was a “oh, I do that!” Kind of book.

Anyway,
I don’t have to much to say except that I enjoyed this book!
Danielle
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Yet another humorous and profoundly relatable graphic novel from Marzi Wilson! I absolutely love Marzi's books and the positive messages she incorporates into her art that enables her to connect with readers. I previously read Kind of Coping by her and absolutely fell in love, and now I consider Marzi to be one of my instant-read authors whose books I’m always going to pick up without question. There’s just
Sosanna Olson
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kacie
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How am I just now hearing about this delightful author? On NetGalley, I read the description for The Little Book of Big Feelings, and knew I wanted to review it, thinking it would be especially great for discussing emotions with my kids. After reading it (at times by myself, other times my kids joined me at the computer to read some of it) I plan to buy a copy and check out her other work as well.

Some comic books for adults aren't suitable for kids due to language or content, but this book
Carro Herdegen
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kiss-the-book
Language: G (0 swears, 0 “f”); Mature Content: G; Violence: G
Wilson honestly answers the question “how are you?” with 16 valid answers and emotions beyond the response “I’m fine.” As she takes each chapter to validate a different emotion -- what we learn from how we feel and what to do after identifying our emotions -- Wilson invites readers to start being honest with themselves when being asked how they are.
With fun scenarios and transparency, Wilson makes exploring emotions safe and
Patricia Bello
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars? Only because Kindle isn’t the best way to read this book. It should be, like almost picture books, be hard cover, hard pages, physical book. After all, it is a picture book for adults.

And it’s interesting! The book talks about those big feelings that we aren’t quite prepared for while in the middle of adulting. Situations are more complicated, consequences have bigger impact, and our lives a little harder than we thought it would be.

At least that’s the gist of what I got. I couldn’t
Ali Kennedy
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh I loved this book!

The illustrations are so appealing as they are colourful and simple, yet convey exactly what the illustrator wants the reader to see. I hate when a page has so much on it that you almost don't know where to look. This graphic novel avoids that feeling of too much information yet manages to show a lot.

It is nicely organised with an emotion, followed by an explanation of that emotion and then pages of examples as to how it applies in real life. The examples are obviously
Christina
Thank you to Adams Media and NetGalley for the e-ARC to read and review.

The title is very apt to what is described and visualized in this book. I found what I was reading and seeing very relabtable in actions and reactions, which made for a very endearing yet introspective read. Some of the things in it were so scarily accurate. It’s almost like the author and I are long lost twins – spooky!

I love how the drawings are just okay. I think the simplicity embellishes the author’s intent. “Okay” is
Lindsay
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marzi Wilson has created a wonderfully whimsical book that deals with both the light and dark side of emotions. Great for quirky adults such as myself and also for kids. I showed my littles some of the comics as a way to teach them about some of their more common emotions. I have followed Marzi for some time now and read her comics. This book is a wonderful addition to her already published works.

I received a free review copy from the publisher in exchange for my honest unedited feedback.

#read
Michelle
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphics-comics
Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for providing this advance copy in return for an honest review!

I've been a Marzi fan for a long time now, and I sincerely love her other books as well, so it's no surprise that I also loved this. One thing that afflicts many of us, I think, is this idea that our emotions are something to hide, gloss over, not talk about or think about--and this isn't healthy. This doesn't mean we all have to turn into adults throwing perpetual tantrums, but it does mean that
Jason Muckley
Maureen Marzi Wilson's "The Little Book of Big Feelings," is an amusing comic/graphic novel. There are some really funny moments about love and visa card charges. There are some run ins with cute dogs and what matters most in relationships. This book is a cute gift for a best friend when they are going through a tough time or just to say, "I love you for being you."

I received this as an eBook from Adams Media via NetGalley in exchange for an honest and unbiased review of the title. I did not
Curtis
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it
As a counselor I often dell with individuals who have difficulty expressing their feelings.
When I saw this book I thought possibly it would be a book that an individual could use to help others understand the feelings they may be facing.
Instead I found it to be a bit less on the actual psychology of the feeling and much more on how the author experiences these fears. While not the intent I originally thought, I do see the use of this book.
It is decently written and illustrated and for many
Once Upon a Biblio
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**I received this from NetGalley for an honest review. **

Illustrations:
Uniquely Marzi’s and oh-so relatable!

Character Development:
This comic delves into a heavy subject of what we feel and she does it with awareness for the depths of the many emotions that humans carry around.

Overall: I love her comics and 98% of the time I can relate to them on a deep level (especially as an introvert). I find that as a 90’s child her comics are that much more relatable. Marzi does an amazing job of
Becki
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, self-help
I adored this little book!!! The charming cartoons are deceptively cute, but the wisdom and message of acceptance, understanding, and above all, HOPE really transcend. I highly recommend this book, particularly for teens/YA and for those who struggle with self-acceptance. I will be back to purchase a couple for holiday gifts!

I received an ARC of this book from #NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion. My thanks to the author and publisher for this opportunity! #TheLittleBookOfBigFeelings
Rhiannon
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been a long time follower of the authors Facebook page (introvert doodles) and love her work!

The art style is simple and cute but for me it's the words that mean the most. As an introvert I struggle with big social events and brights lights etc - Marzi helps me feel normal.

My favourite comic in the book is the one about the caterpillar becoming a butterfly and his friend saying that he shouldn't have changed. I feel like almost everyone has someone like that in their life!

I'll definitely be
Jen
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marzi (full name Maureen Marzi Wilson) will be familiar to many for her Insta account @introvertdoodles where she chronicles the trials, tribulations, benefits and comforts of an introverted life.

I related massively to her writing and comics in her second publication, The Little Book of Big Feelings: An Illustrated Exploration of Life's Many Emotions.

It seems that there's probably a big overlap in the Venn diagram of being introverted, highly sensitive and autistic, and at times I wondered if
Susanne
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
Thank you to Adams Media and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I had never heard of this author, but the description captured my interest - and I really enjoyed the very personal way the author approached the question "How are you?". Her drawings and thoughts may appear simple, but there is a lot of profound truth to be found in the clear and direct emotions that she explores.
Sayo
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
It's ok, to be not ok.

There are certain feelings that we have been taught to hide.
When someone asks you how you are, you say fine. You don't tell them you're feelings anxious, or sad, you say fine and move on.
Marzi Wilson shows you is ok and normal to feel something other than "fine" and highlights them in adorable drawings that many people can relate to.
Jess Smiley
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful surprise! I thought the book might be a topical, cutesy, 80-page gift book, but “The Little Book of Big Feelings” is much, much more. Maureen Marzi Wilson has deftly portrayed and explored more than a dozen emotions with her signature quirky-but-relatable thoughts and illustrations. Five stars!
Alexandra
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
I like that the doodle I have seen on Instagram having a collection in one book. The doodles are categorized - obviously - into different emotions. I enjoyed looking at the doodles that she put into each emotion.

• Sorry I Ruined Your Childhood: Berkeley Mews Comics
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey
  • A Sparrow's Roar
  • Ten Things My Cat Hates About You
  • Just Because
Maureen Marzi Wilson is an introvert and a doodler. She likes to share her awkward encounters through comics. She created an Instagram account as a way for her to better understand her introversion. Over time she has learned to love her introversion and she hopes that her book will help the readers realize that they are all lovable too.