Start by marking “Vegan Yack Attack's Plant-Based Meal Prep: Weekly Meal Plans and Recipes to Streamline Your Vegan Lifestyle” as Want to Read:

If you've always loved the idea of meal prepping, but never felt ready to begin, you've come to the right place. Vegan Yack Attack's Plant-Based Meal Preptakes the guesswork out of meal planning and sets you up with simple, make-ahead recipes that keep your fridge full and your schedule free.

If you're a vegan and frequently on the go, it can be hard to find plant-based
Published January 7th 2020 by Fair Winds Press

To ask other readers questions about Vegan Yack Attack's Plant-Based Meal Prep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegan Yack Attack's Plant-Based Meal Prep

Start your review of Vegan Yack Attack's Plant-Based Meal Prep: Weekly Meal Plans and Recipes to Streamline Your Vegan Lifestyle
Jessica ☕ Rodrigues
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, cookbooks
This actually looks REALLY GOOD.

It is easy to look at, visually appealing, and laid out in such a way that it is easy to use. It doesn't waste your time with a bunch of boring stories you don't care about or go over basics that you already know. What it DOES do it make vegan meal prep look less daunting, and it makes the recipes look satisfying and like something you look forward to eating.

Going on my Christmas list.

arc received from the publisher
Natalie
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

Firstly this book is colourful, well set out and shows mouth watering dishes all Vegan style.
The book shows at the beginning what equipment and cupboard essentials you will need to use it effectively. Each weekly menu has a shopping list and a set of prepping instructions to follow and covers breakfast, lunch, snacks and tea time in each weekly menu. The book also lists mix and match menus and
Kimba Tichenor
Dec 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Let's start with the positives about this cookbook and there are many. First, it is very smartly organized, including a section that provides recipes according to a weekly meal plan so as to cut costs and eliminate waste. It also clearly labels which recipes require minimal time to fix, are appropriate for persons with lower cooking skill level, contain nuts, are gluten free, etc. So there is no need to search the list of ingredients of every recipe to make sure it does not contain a possible ...more
Brittany Walker
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I find meal prepping hard with my busy life, being a mom and a wife. However, with this book, I find myself actually interested in meal prepping! Vegan Yack Attacks Plant Based Meal Prep takes all the guesswork out with all the tools needed to get started. With the grocery lists, Meal Plans and easily accessible ingredients I find this book very appealing.

When browsing cookbooks, my first go to is color… Does the pictures look enticing enough to eat? Does this book give an array of colorful
Cathy Geha
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Vegan Yack Attack’s Plant-Based Meal Prep
Jackie Sobon

Meal planning is something I have always wanted to try. I remember having the calendar out, allotting two days each week to husband, daughter and son and letting them choose the menu for the days that were theirs but it never lasted long. I know that planning is supposed to save time but so far have always found the organizational skills lacking or time lacking or whatever.

I believe THIS book would be beneficial to any number of plant-based
Annie
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Vegan Yack Attack's Plant-Based Meal Prep is a tutorial and recipe guide for meal-prep based on a vegan diet. Due out 7th Jan 2020 from Quarto on their Fair Winds Press imprint, it's 176 pages and will be available in hardcover and ebook formats.

There have been a lot of times when I've come home from work and literally had no plan for dinner and a not-inspiring collection of ingredients and no idea what to cook for my family (we usually wind up
Jeimy
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the publisher, read the book in one sitting, and immediately ordered a copy online. Most of the recipes sound absolutely scrumptious and I can’t wait to try them out.
Michelle
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is just what I would expect from Vegan Yack Attack's Jackie Sobon - the cookbook has beautiful pictures, the recipes are clear and easy to follow, and it is very well organized. Sample menu ideas, a kid-friendly section (that never happens), and desserts?! I've died and gone straight to heaven! I am a very visual person with food, so I was very happy to see a picture of the finished product is included with every recipe. I cannot wait for this to come out in print!
Ramie
I think this is the second book I’ve read by the author. It’s full of good tips for those who are looking to eat more plant based options. It starts with tips on meal prep - what you can cook ahead, how to do that, how to store it. Etc. It then moves onto recipes that show you how to mix and match from the foods you prepped.

The recipe sections are:

- Mix and Match Menus

- Beautiful Breakfasts

- Bunches of Lunches

- Array of entrees

- Higher-Protein Meals

- Sheet Pan, Instant Pot, and Freezer Meals.
Janet
Superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do .

Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The last cookbook I reviewed was full of family friendly recipes to go more meatless. This one is full of meal prep ideas for me alone! My boys are not interested in going plant based, but this is a great compilation of relatively easy recipes that I could batch cook to have breakfasts and lunches on hand - my own home based meal service. I’m going to be the best fed teacher in the faculty room! Five stars for solo cooks... with some ideas here for couples and families.
Rebecca
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As I pondered the concept of this cookery book, I realised that should I want or need to fill my refrigerator with five day’s worth of what are effectively ready meals, albeit healthy, nutritious and frankly, delicious, I would have no idea how to go about it. Now, I’m a confident and competent cook but fifteen meals is a lot of cooking in one day! So this is where Vegan Yack Attack’s Plant-Based Meal Prep comes in handy. Also, there is more to this book than the prepping menus.

The first couple
Kyle Marie
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
This book is filled with helpful advice on vegan meal prepping, especially for a beginner. There is a variety of options for each meal, including snacks, which is nice since you will be eating the same meal several times in one week. This means that from week to week, you will be varying your palette. The instructions provided are great, including step-by-step lists for "day zero" (prep day). There are recipes for just one person prepping for the entire week, prepping for a family, and even a ...more
Kaitie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given a temporary eARC of this book via NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

As someone who has not done any meal prep before and would like to, I found this book to be very informative and easy to follow. There are lots of recipes that I would like to try and I found the instructions on how meal prepping work to be easy to follow.

As a vegetarian that can't have dairy I tend to have to look at the vegan options more and often there isn't much to choose from most
Finding My Star
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is great for vegans, both new and experienced. I loved all the colourful pictures because I feel that's what draws me into a recipe. The prepping tips were really helpful for me when batch cooking and although I didn't try many recipes, the ones I did were great. I love that most are whole food plant based. There are easy to see labels for oil-free, gluten-free, nut-free, sugar-free etc, as well as cook times (under 10 minutes, etc.) and freezer friendly. This allowed me to easily see ...more
Vivienne
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great little book of easy to follow food preparation. The step by step tips from shopping to food prep makes healthy eating a pleasure and so easy rather than a chore, to fit in to most lifestyles and makes your week easier.
Lovely recipes too for delicious and simple healthy eating. For everyone, not just those following a plant based diet.
I would recommend this book especially to my students to encourage them to start life planning ahead without much trouble to make eating healthily a real
Megan M
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided by Netgalley for an honest review*

This cookbook is very informative and user friendly. The book contains recipes for people who have never done meal prep as well as some for those who have specific preferences. It also states macros which is super helpful.
The only thing I don’t like is that some of these ingredients are difficult to get at the store or are kind of expensive.
All in all I would definitely recommend this book to everyone (even if you aren’t vegan).
Claire Herbaux
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book - recommend it to as many people as you can think of.
Veganuary is coming up so anyone who thinks cooking healthy home-made (and yes, vegan) meals takes too long can get this.
Some ingredients take a bit of getting used to and beginners should definitely start with the easy recipes, but other than that it is easy to follow, delicious, and most of all practical.
I like having meals ready and for one person it feels like a lot of work to cook every day so this is perfect!
Julie Garner
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I can’t wait to start cooking with this book. Some great new recipes, as always. I love the colourful photos and simplicity of the layout. The meal prep suggestions and focus seem to be easy to use.
My only concern with the single persons menu is that I will get bored eating the same thing 5 days a week.
Jo
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a phenomenal book for anyone interested in meal prep ideas for a healthy, plant-based diet! The recipes are relatively simple with basic ingredients. I especially look forward to making the Summer Veggie-Stuffed Potatoes, Creamy Avocado Tahini Zoodles and Savory Ris-Oat-O.

Thank you, Quarto Publishing Group and NetGalley!
Blakeley Yankovich
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The friendly layout of this cookbook is great! The font exciting and the recipes easy! The pictures look great and enticing! I will definitely be incorporating these into my weekly meal plans!
Kristin
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a neat book, especially as lots of people, vegans included, love meal prep to make life easier. The book has a great variety in the recipes, which makes it more interesting.
Kirsten never has enough time
A step-by-step guide to meal prep, vegan style. Many ideas in here, many delicious looking recipes, and I can't wait to give some of this a go, even though meal prep isn't really for me.
Rather.be.reading1
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great information on meal prepping for plant based meals. Meal prepping is very important in our busy lives these days. I really like that there is a meal prep for one person and not a whole family per usual and it included a menu and shopping list. I will definitely be referencing this. Thanks for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Jeanne
Dianne
Jan 10, 2020
Bookgrrl
Jan 22, 2020

• The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook: Kid-Friendly, Plant-Based Recipes [Go Meatless One Day a Week—or Every Day!]
  • Keto Simple: Delicious Low-Carb Meals That Are Easy on Time, Budget, and Effort
  • Bridge of Clay
  • Vegan in an Instant: 103 Plant-Based Recipes for Your Instant Pot
  • Drawing: Manga: Learn to draw step by step
  • The Vegetarian Cookbook: More than 50 Recipes for Young Cooks
  • The Ultimate Guide to Witchcraft: A Modern-Day Guide to Making Magick
  • Creative Journaling: A Guide to Over 100 Techniques and Ideas for Amazing Dot Grid, Junk, Mixed Media, and Travel Pages
  • Vegan Everything -  100 Easy Recipes for Every Meal and Any Craving - from Bagels to Burgers, Tacos to Ramen
  • F*ck No!: How to Stop Saying Yes  When You Can't, You Shouldn't,  or You Just Don't Want To
  • Ocean Anatomy: The Curious Parts  and Pieces of the World under the Sea
  • The Bone Shroud
  • Keto: A Woman's Guide and Cookbook: The Groundbreaking Program for Effective Fat-Burning, Weight Loss & Hormonal Balance
  • The Little Book of Scandi Living
  • Plant-Based Meal Prep: Simple, Make-Ahead Recipes for Vegan, Gluten-Free, Comfort Food
  • Artists' Letters: Leonardo da Vinci to David Hockney
  • Energizing Superfood Juices and Smoothies: Nutrient-Dense, Seasonal Recipes to Jump-Start Your Health
  • Martin Luther King, Jr.