Start by marking “Bright Decay” as Want to Read:
Bright Decay

Bright Decay

It’s a dangerous world, whether you have power or not.

Everyone knows there’s something off about Skylar, including herself. She wades through high school being normal, but ever since the disappearance of her only friend, her life spirals out of control. Humans with uncommon abilities live closer than she thinks.

Skylar wants nothing to do with the government-sponsored supe
Published September 16th 2019 by Portalsmith Press

To ask other readers questions about Bright Decay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bright Decay

Start your review of Bright Decay
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
I am disappointed in this I wanted to like this so much, it was interesting but the book I read was far from finished and needs a lot more editing and revisions/drafts, I think it would be good but at the moment it’s just not there, sorry

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Glen
Apr 25, 2019 added it
Shelves: abandoned
I've marked this book as "read" because Goodreads only allows you to move a book from "Currently Reading" into "Read" or "To Read", not anywhere else. This is the first time in my life I have ever stopped reading a book entirely and just given up on it. I will not finish reading this.
I don't want to say anything overly mean or negative, because it's clear that this was a self-published book by a non-native English speaker who did not have it edited or even proofread. It is, quite frankly, unread
Laura (Bookie_mama_bear)
⏳⏳ BOOK REVIEW ⏳⏳
I found this book really interesting and really frustrating 🙈
The storyline concept is great, superheroes, villains, aliens and the destruction that comes with those relationships. However, the story itself was quite jumpy, it was full of conversation but sometimes I had no idea who was talking. It was just ok for me. I don’t think I’ll read the next two, it has so much promise and could be a really enjoyable and exciting read but it was clunky and just lacked something for me.
——
Yana Dipor
Oct 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Clearly self published by a person with a tenuous grasp on the craft, and indeed the language in general, at best.
Charlotte
This was a difficult one for me. I always say that I believe there is an audience for every book. This book has an interesting concept but is flawed in ways that made it unenjoyable for me to read.

There were some things that were good about this book and some things that made reading it more challenging. The young people in this book are referred to as “uncommon”. They have near-death experiences that give birth to a “superpower”, an idea that was initially written skillfully by V.E. Schwab in V
Aly
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 stars.

I'm a bit conflicted on how many stars to rate this. I'm more inclined to give the first half of this book 3 stars, but the rest of the book feels more like 4 stars to me. Maybe I'll figure it out as I type out this review.

So Bright Decay is the first in a YA Sci-Fi trilogy. We're brought into a world where everyday people can develop uncommon abilities. Basically super-powered humans walk among the rest of the normal population. Some of these people live out in the open, while othe
TBHONEST
This a book you want to like. You want it to be good and it is...sort of. If you can get past the sometimes clumpy and confusing plot devices which hamper the stories progression.

The main character Skylar was likeable and very well written.

This has the makings of such a good read, all it needs is a real good edit and look at the plot devices and obviously some of the grammar (which is to be expected for an ARC)
Aurelia Wong
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I enjoyed writing it, and I hope others will enjoy reading it.
Danny Wilkerson
Louise Pascual
Jul 29, 2020
Sinead
Jul 25, 2019
Advanced Copies f...: Requesting Reviews for Superhero Sci-fi 1 12 Jun 20, 2019 07:03PM

• Full Disclosure
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Grace Year
  • Hood Academy
  • Fortuna Sworn (Fortuna Sworn, #1)
  • What Happened That Night (What Happened That Night, #1)
  • The Weaver (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • The Shrike & the Shadows
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • De qué hablo cuando hablo de escribir
  • No Longer Human