Start by marking “F*ck No!: How to Stop Saying Yes When You Can't, You Shouldn't, or You Just Don't Want To” as Want to Read:
F*ck No!: How to Stop Saying Yes  When You Can't, You Shouldn't,  or You Just Don't Want To

How to say no without being an a**hole, from the New York Times bestselling author of The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck
Are you burnt out from taking on more than you can handle or accepting less than you deserve? Tired of giving in instead of sticking up for yourself? Sick of saying yes all the time? You're gonna love F*CK NO!

No is an acceptable answer, and
Published December 31st 2019 by Voracious

To ask other readers questions about F*ck No!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about F*ck No!

Start your review of F*ck No!: How to Stop Saying Yes When You Can't, You Shouldn't, or You Just Don't Want To
The Cats’ Mother
Dammit I hate it when the GR app “loses” your incomplete review because you dared switch to another page to look up the meaning of a word so as to not appear a complete ignoramus, sigh. I thought they were working on that. Never mind, starting again...

I don’t read many self-help books, mainly because in my experience they are usually repetitive and patronising collections of personal anecdotes and tortuous reworkings of the central premise (usually the title), padded out over 300 pages. However,
Hajar
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book has a few useful tips but nothing noteworthy!

I’d classify it more as an entertaining read than an informative one.

It is also worth mentioning that as the book progresses, it does get a tad repetitive. In my opinion, it would’ve worked better as a short and to the point article on ‘how to say no in different situations’.

I would like to thank the Publishers, NetGalley, and the Author for sending me a copy of this book.

You can check out my reviews on my blog.
Melissa
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how timely Sarah Knight's books come into my life. In F*ck No, not only does she presents creative answers to a varied range of situations, but the book can help you (like I'm trying to convince myself right now) to understand when someone says "No" to you.

Yes, it can be hard, yes, it's not easy, but we need to say no and choose ourselves before everybody else. But you have to understand that if you ask something to someone, they too can choose themselves. That's the hardest part!

Like in
Laura Rash
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy a new book from Sarah Knight! She’s blunt and to the point but helps you’d simplify how you can handle certain situations without causing you more stress. Funny and quirky and highly entertaining with her words of wisdom may just be the perfect book for you to start in the new year!
Sleepless Dreamer
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
If there was ever a person who needed a book about how to say no, it's me. So thank you to the publishers for giving me an ARC in return for my unbiased review!

My inability to say no has impacted my life greatly. Ultimately, I like saying yes. I think that just comes down to it. I like being able to solve a problem someone else experiences, I like being able to take some work from someone else, being able to say, "sure, don't worry, I got it."

And like, I think this is mostly a good thing. With
Erika Williams
Jan 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
I should have said "no" to this book, and I did, eventually, about halfway through.

I've read a few of Sarah Knight's book in the past, and comparatively speaking, this one was disappointing. There was no useful advice in here, nothing that you couldn't get with a quick google search. In fact, at one point, the book talks about how easy it is for people to find things on google. That's the only good advice that you're going to get. If you have a problem with saying "no," google it and you'll fin
Kennedy
Special thanks to Netgalley for the free digital copy!

I have never read a book by Sarah Knight but I have heard a lot about her other books. I saw this one on Netgalley and thought it would be a good one for me to read because I say yes to everything even when all I want to do is lay in bed.

Overall, this was a very informative book with a lot of great examples but it was a lot longer than it needed to be. I read a lot of great information in the beginning but then it quickly started to get repe
Rebecca Hedger
Nov 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Some useful tips on how to say no...but it can get very repetitive and could have easily been half the book that it is.
Christina
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Fuck YES, go read this book. Fuck NO to everything else!

Although familiar with, I'm new to Sarah Knight's books. I have no problem Not Giving a F*ck, and I pretty much have my Shit Together, but I do have a big problem saying NO. Mostly I'd prefer that people not ask me to do things, because I don't want to be put in the position of having to say no, or more accurately, wanting to say no, but most of the time, saying yes for the sake of being nice.

This book helped me identify why I say yes, bec
Rather.be.reading1
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for the opportunity to read and review another wonderful book from Knight. I love her work! I felt like this book was written for me!! "how to stop saying yes when you can''t" YES! I really enjoy her writing style and how she is not just harping at you. It feels like she is talking to you and telling you how you can really change in a practical way.
Morris
Jul 27, 2020 rated it liked it
For me, this was a one star book, but I gave it three stars because I do recognize the advice will work for some people. There’s a fine line between looking out for yourself and being callous and rude. Sometimes that line felt like it had been crossed.

This unbiased review is based on a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Kate Dyson
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
How to set boundaries and ignore your inner FOMO/people pleaser/overachiever/pushover. One of the only books I’ve read where I actually took notes
Diane
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
The spouse and family sections were great additions as well as the reminder to say no to your kids once in a while. I want to say no to something right now!!!
Esha
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
‘Fuck No!’ is Sarah Knight’s fifth book in her ‘No Fucks Given Guide’ series. These books just keep getting better and better! Each book focuses on a different skill. This one focuses on “How to stop saying yes when you can’t, you shouldn’t, or you just don’t want to.” I am definitely a people-pleasing pushover, and this book was so helpful in helping me realise it is ok to say no, as well as providing ways to say no to certain people/situations. What makes these books so diff
Kristina
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have a problem. The same problem that many people suffer from. I say “yes”, when I really want to say “no”. This is seen a lot when it comes to plans. I’ll say “yes” because I feel like I should. If I was invited, then I should go. But the day of, I have anxiety and I try to find ways to get out of it, sometimes unsuccessfully. When I saw this book to review on Netgalley, I downloaded it right away. I loved Sarah Knights other books, and I was hoping she would teach me the art of just saying N ...more
Genevieve Trono
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoy Sarah Knight's book so much. Her blunt wisdom and practical techniques are approachable and relatable. I am working on being less of a “yes” person and one of the biggest things I have learned(and am still working on!) is that saying “NO” can actually help you say “YES” to the things that really matter to you.

In F*ck No, Knight offers practical ideas that can help you say "no" in a variety of circumstances while also being realistic about it which I really appreciated. Saying yes all the
Baileys Book Babble
I received a copy of this via Netgalley for an honest review.
No No and more No thats the new answer for all things overachieving in 2020. This year is all about self care for me and this book was just one more in the list of getting to where I want to be. Its extremely relatable and informative. Its okay to say no for whatever reason we want. There is absolutely no reason to say yes to something you want to or need to say no to and Sarah Knight does a great job explaining that.
Annarella
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A useful book on assertiveness and how to learn to say no.
It's well written, informative and full of useful advice.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Kyles
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
With it's attention grabbing title; and being familiar with Sarah Knight's previous novels / style of writing; I was quick to download this ARC; finding it was exactly what I needed. A no nonsense, witty book about the art of saying no; perfect for a people pleaser and overachiever such as myself.
Fully.Booked
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5 - Despite the negative theme, F*ck No is a light and hilarious read. For real, no other author gets me giggling like Sarah Knight 😂👏🏼

According to Knight’s Why-Do-I-Say-Yes-All-The-Goddamn-Time quiz, I too am people-pleasing overachiever. I do think I could use a little more NO in my life and while I’m definitely not as bold or nearly as funny as Knight, l do feel like left this me with an appreciation for how saying no can have a positive impact on my life. It also made saying no sou
Anna (bibliophiles_bookstagram)
Sarah Knight doesn't mince her words, and she doesn't make you read into her advice: life is busy, and you need to decide what, how, and when you actually want to do things, and if you DON'T want to do something, it's pretty simple: SAY NO!

I enjoyed the humor and the simplicity of this text. Sometimes we just need someone to remind us that it's ok to say no to things that we may feel we are expected to say yes to. Knight outlines four different reasons (or types of people) that make us want to
Lisa
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is important info. It could have been an article, hence the few stars. I have to say I’m still thinking about when one does something one doesn’t want to do because thoughtfulness and unselfishness on the part of those who have for those who don’t help make the world go round and communities sustain themselves. But obviously some of us are saying yes too much and need this and I am often one of them, but still processing my Christian ideals about suffering with those who suffer and bearing ...more
Aouni
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
A lot of words that can be articulated in one article without the unnecessary eloquent language, and the "I know it all" attitude. The message that the book is conveying is good though, but the repetition and the dull literary style kills it, so I had to stop listening to the audio book as I thought there's nothing really new is being said.
Asimina
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book more than expected! A good book that provides new perspectives and challenges some (maybe bad) habits. Read it in small bits while on the bus to work. I found this way much better, as it gave me time to digest and think about the content.
Julie G
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How does someone get better at saying "No?" Why would you want to be better at saying no? According to Sarah Knight and her successful series of books that tackle everything from not giving a f*ck to putting oneself first, there is a myriad of tricks and practices everyone who has problems with saying no can learn out of the safety of their lounge.

How is this book written for the audience?

Sarah Knight has made a successful career out of helping people face their fears and shortcomings, and she c
Donna Hines
Pleasantly surprised!
Having a strict upbringing I was initially put off by the title as it's a bit 'in your face' and 'loud' but you should truly never judge a book by its cover.
This was quite a unique take on an old problem in which for women (mainly) have a hell of a time saying,"NO."
We often are the do all gals who have to be in control many of us suffering from that common issue of people pleasing and conformity to not wish to ruffle anyone's feathers.
Heck, we forgot the labels if we do spe
Layla
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy these books, they have useful tips and suggestions and are funny and not at all cheesy which is rare for self help.
Treasure Box Of Books
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a people pleaser. I have a hard time saying “no.” And I’ve always been this way.

I also have high anxiety (always been that way, too *sigh*), and being a people-pleasing push-over actually increases my stress levels, and affects my mental health daily. So I knew this book was for me just by reading the title alone.

This book just gave me validation that I need to incorporate the word “no” into my vocabulary. I repeat: NEED to!

In F*ck No!, Sarah Knight talks as if she is speaking to you, her
Laura Hatch
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this book in 2 sittings and it fit perfectly in with my “year of boundaries.” Now I will admit it can be a bit repetitive and if you don’t like the F word go ahead and skip this one. For me it was the perfect book for my year of “no” and gave me the pep talk I needed to justify my boundaries!
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Straight-forward and helpful for those who have a hard time saying no.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Cover Image Needed 3 16 Jan 12, 2020 03:32PM

• Over the Top: A Raw Journey to Self-Love
  • His Royal Highness
  • War on Peace: The End of Diplomacy and the Decline of American Influence
  • Book Love
  • Toucan Keep a Secret (Meg Langslow, #23)
  • Breath of Joy!: Ah, Autumn
  • The Billionaire Book Club
  • Use Your Planets Wisely: Master Your Ultimate Cosmic Potential with Psychological Astrology
  • Greta and the Giants
  • Hypersanity: Thinking Beyond Thinking
  • If They Come for Us
  • Your Beauty Mark: The Ultimate Guide to Eccentric Glamour
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Five Simple Questions to Reclaim Your Happiness!: And Create Amazing Relationships for Life (Words of Wisdom for Teens #1)
  • Find Your Flow: Capture it, Use it, and Make it Yours