Start by marking “Direct Action: A Delta Force Founding Member Origin Story (Jack Bonafide Book 0)” as Want to Read:

In the 1950s Jack Bonafide's uncle went on a notorious killing spree in West Texas, and Jack has spent his entire life trying to atone for those sins.

In the 1970s Jack became a founding member of Colonel Charlie Beckwith's Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta.

In 1980 Jack took part in the failed attempt to rescue American hostages in Iran, and then traveled to I

Published April 11th 2019 by Mountain Wolf Press

To ask other readers questions about Direct Action, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Direct Action

David
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second introductory novella to the Bonafide family saga. This is leading up to the first full novel to be released this summer. If the future novels featuring this unique and interesting family are as compelling as these first two, I am in a state of quivering anticipation. Jack and Mac Bonafide are newly minted operatives of the CIA tasked with locating bits and pieces of a Soviet H-bomb supposedly located in various places all over the USA. Along the way there is plenty of action a ...more
Molly
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: action/ ex military/ thriller /suspense / romance fans
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout, Bookbub, author newsletter
Jack Bonafide is on another mission - of a different kind.

Leaving Delta for CIA NOC work was starting to look like a fruitful and good choice - until they were faced with some other conditions that were less than ideal.

So they safety of the world lies once again in the hands of some football playing, red necked southern boys.

hoo-yah!

an edge of your seat pre-quel to what promises to be more Bonafide adventures!

Kick butt adventure complete with ouch did not see that coming!

I received an advance c
Bruce Thomas
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beginning a new series

Direct Action by Jordan Vezina is the prelude to a high intensity race to find a Russian super bomb hidden in th USA. Jack Bonafide is the protagonist of this new series that includes his brother and a female auditor who will use their skills to track the Bob's location. The backstory and action in this novella has emerged my appetite for the Black Tsar, so now I'm waiting impatiently for the next book.
Sharon
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful intro to a new series. It’s a short read but a brilliantly crafted story that introduces the new series perfectly. This author has become one of my favorites when it comes to this genre, I have yet to read a book by him that I didn’t enjoy! Can’t wait for the next book and for this series to develop.
mark earls
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read several of Jordan Vezina's other books (love the Jericho Black series) I decided to give this new series a go. In Direct Action and with Jack Bonafide it appears that Jordan has really hit his stride. I found this book to be somewhat better than even the Jericho Black series, at least for my tastes. I really enjoy the new character, Jack, and am looking forward to future stories.
Justin
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
This one explores another member of the Bonafide family who were featured prominently in Broken English and a previous Jericho novel. High stakes action, espionage with Russians, and a nuclear threat. What more can you want?

Pat Eroh
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More branches in the Jericho Black series, this is one awesome ride. This unique series has hooked me way back in among wolves and I cannot put these books down - this one as well. It is a short read, but I want to read more.

Debbie Mcnally
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to have gotten a ARC copy of this book from the author. I am volunteering to leave this review. Fantastic book plenty of action and suspense.
Craig D Orzel, Sr
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awsome

A great addition to an already great list of books by this author. The only disappointment is that you have to wait for the next book!
James Riley
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a series

This was a good, quick introduction to a new series. A good deal of action as well as character development. Giver it a shot.
Martha Carroll
Rema
May 06, 2019
LINDA SUTTON
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great intro to a new series. It’s a short read but a brilliantly crafted story that introduces the new series perfectly. This author is one of my favorites. Can’t wait for the next book and for this series to develop.

Cathy May
Mick
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The dynasty building reminds me of Wilbur Smith one of my favorite authors. The characters are well developed and mesh together well.

caroltbrooks
Cynthia
Steve
added it
May 20, 2019
Jordan Vezina is a writer of historical fiction living in Palo Alto California. In a past life Jordan was an infantry Marine serving in an anti/ counter-terror unit, a bodyguard, and a personal trainer. And a website designer. And a combatives teacher. And a corporate manager. And a singer and guitar player in a blues-metal band. And then an IT guy. And then blah blah blah I'm so cool. That's righ ...more