Start by marking “The Initiation” as Want to Read:

The Initiation

(Filthy Rich Americans #1)

No one knows how new members are selected to the board of Hale Banking and Holding. But there are rumors of a sordid rite of initiation.

Whispers how one woman and nine men disappear into a boardroom.

This time, that woman will be me.

Paperback
Published May 28th 2019 by Shady Creek Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Initiation, please sign up.
Babs Brown
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

THANKS FOR MY ARC (THAT GOT LOST BUT FOUND ITS WAY)!

Book 1
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Whispers how one woman and nine men disappear into a boardroom.
This time, that woman will be me.
The Hale family owns everything—the eighth largest bank in the world, everyone in our town, even the mortgage on my parents’ mansion. And now Royc
Liz
"Perhaps I wasn't Medusa, but Persephone."
description

The Initiation is a dark and delicious contemporary romance where the rich and powerful rule! Marist Northcott has the entire world ahead of her when everything comes crashing down! Finding out her family is in ruins and things are not as they seem forces Marist to offer herself as the sacrificial lamb. She finds herself bound to Royce Hale, the heir to the Hale Banking and Holding Empire, and a dashing alpha male who always seems to get what he wants!
Isabella.R
4 Be Medusa Stars ⭐

Sold into marriage to keep her family out of imminent bankruptcy and disgrace, Marist Northcott sees her future dissolve before her eyes.

The Hale Family owns the town being the eighth richest bank owners in the world. With heir, Royce Hale next in line to the proverbial ‘throne’ a wife is required.  With Marist’s sister out of the running, green haired Marist is summoned.   Afterall the Northcott surname is all that’s required.

What we soon learn is that there are two sides to
Melanie (mells_view)
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
*CLIFFHANGER ENDING*

“He was Hades, wanting to take me to the underworld and be his bride, and this ring was the pomegranate seed that would make me stay. I chose to go with the version of the myth where Persephone took it willingly.”

This book is something else. It’s twisty, a little depraved, and a lot intense. I’m not going to rehash things. I’m just going to say that Royce Hale was someone that Marist never thought she would have. Didn’t even really want him, but he wants her. Somehow she gets
Lien
Jun 01, 2019 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, wtf-moment
DNF at 70%

Ok wow I just can't.

Let me tell you something. I don't have triggers.* I've been reading smut for 9 years now and I am shocked to discover that there's something I'm uncomfortable enough to stop reading. And here I thought I could handle anything. Ha! You learn something new every day, right?

(view spoiler)
Jessica Alcazar
SWEET JESUS! ........ so that happened *blink*

Seriously, what just happened ............. #sendhelp

Okay, so I thought about expanding on my review (the two lines up there ^^^ LOL) like 100 times and every time I changed my mind. It’s not that there isn’t anything to say because there most certainly is , but almost anything I say about the story-line will take away from the what the ever loving fuck just happened feeling I want all of you to experience (insert evil laugh)!!

I can talk a bit ab
Michelle
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow! Just when I thought Nikki Sloane couldn’t surprise me anymore after reading her Blindfold series, it’s curveball after curveball with this one. She straddles that tantalizing line constantly, dangling the “will it happen?” or “won’t it happen?” in the reader’s face, keeping the anticipation at cardiac levels until it does or doesn’t happen.

I really loved Marist Northcutt. She's an introverted bookworm at heart. Thrust into a situation which doesn't have many great alternative solutions, Ma
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
4 Guilty Pleasure Stars.

A solid read.
Kim Whitehead
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah!! Where does one begin to describe this incredible book!!?? I was literally engrossed with the story line!! Devoured it!! Full of angst and so intense! Dark and twisted!! Freaking phenomenal!! Choices were made and as devastating as it seems, will they go through with what was presented? Greed and chaos! I need the next installment ASAP! So unbelievable good!! One that will have me pondering for quite some time!!
Beneath The Covers Blog
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, sonal, 2019-reads
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Kelly
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just WOW with the ending of The Initiation, the first book in the Filthy Rich Americans trilogy. I cannot wait to see how the rest of this story unfolds in the second and third book, I need the second book ASAP.

Marist Northcott and Royce Hale both come from powerful, rich, and scheming families. Royce's family is right at the top of the power structure, being more powerful, rich and influential than everyone else. In particular, Royce's father Macalister will really get your attention in this st
MsMoxy
5 CRAZY FREAKIN STARS!

WOW!!!!!

WOW!

Just when I thought that Nikki Sloane could not surprise me any further, she writes The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans Book I)!

I am completely blown away by this book and new series!

Just WOW!

Talk about all the feels for this book! You know when you’ve read “THAT” book, the one that consumes your thoughts, the one that you want to read slowly to let it all sink in though you can’t help but binge read cause you just want to consume the whole gawd-damn
Lisa
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, wow. Like seriously holy crap, what the heck did I just read? Please oh please you all need to read this too, so we can talk about this crazy book! Let's start our talk with the cover, that I can't stop obsessing over. It's so freakin gorgeous. And perfect. I couldn't be more excited that this is a trilogy, aside from my impatience for the next book.

Marist is the nobody sister, the extra, awkward, unsocial one. Royce comes from a rich family that are all into power games. And they're endle
Carissa
HOLY MOLY!!!!! This book sucked me in! I couldn't put it down. This is my first full length book I have read by Nikki and I'm blown away! I have a few others that I own and I'm going to have to move them up my tbr! Shes has a way with words and storytelling that makes me feel like I'm actually in the book.

So onto The Initiation part....OMG and what the heck is Royce doing! Even though this was predicable for me, the story was still a consuming read. This has some serious secret society and vc a
Shelly (vixenreads)
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy $h!t...what just happened?! I don’t think my nerves can handle the wait for book 2!
Nikki Sloane brought her A-game with this first installment of the Filthy Rich Americans saga. It had the same Nikki signature HOTNESS but there was an element of WTF with how this all played out. I can't find words to express my excitement for book 2, Obsession.
This book delivered on all the things: steaminess, shock, anger, adoration, loathing, skepticism, and so many more. It's a game of who do you trust,
Tiffany Johnson
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 filthy & twisted stars!

This is one of those books where I just could not put it down. It was soooooo good and unexpected and I LOVED it!

Marist is the awkward introverted nerdy girl with the socially popular older sister. Her problems increase when the "it" boy in her town basically makes her a social pariah by dissing her and calling her a nobody...cue her immediate social exile. When said "it" boy, Royce Hale semi corners her at his graduation party she wonders what his game is...and oh
Brandy
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whoa! All kinds of fucked up going on here....can't wait for book two.
Marieke (Marieke's Books & Books and Tequila)
Wealth, power, intrigues and keeping up appearance. For us normal people it’s a ‘far-from-our-bed’ show, but for Marist and Royce it’s a part of their lives. The Initiation tells the first part of their story, I’m very curious how everything will enfold.
“There was no escape. An insidious voice whispered inside me, telling me I didn’t want to escape, anyway.”

Marist is a student who comes from a wealthy family. With that comes duty and all, but since she’s only the second daughter, she pretty mu
Demetra
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, e-books

Reading the synopsis of the book, gave me no choice but to pick it up and I'm so glad that I did!!

Marist lives her life being the outcast of her social circle, the introvert weird sister with the green hair. She's the exact opposite of her older sister. When she attended a party Royce Hale was throwing for his graduation, she never thought that he'd corner her at the library. After all he's promised to her sister and never showed any interest in her. After she promised that she'll wait
Kanetra Hights
Heather Pollock
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
QueenZany 4 Star Review
by Nikki Sloane

WOW! YUP another WOW!
The Initiation is without a doubt one lusty read that will destroy you!
Lord the emotions, the heat and OMG the twisted web!
If this is the first book in the Filthy Rich Americans trilogy then I’m all about it!!
Just call me dazed and needing a drink!!
Alexis
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m not even sure what the hell I just read...but it was pretty addictive.
Theresa
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to a new series! The Initiation takes you on a journey through the upper crust of high society. Powerful men, big deals, beautiful socialites, grand parties. Expectations.

Royce and Marist each have family obligations. How they deal with them is entirely different. I don’t want to give any spoilers, but this is a perfectly woven tale, and like a great story, it has twists, turns, and a few WTF moments.
Reading this story is like watching a chess game, but the pieces keep changin
Nash
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jeez, this book can't come out soon enough.

I'm just going to rate it 5 stars now because I know it's gonna be that good.
Avidez Literaria
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Win at all costs is the Hale family motto, so there will be times I’m going to say or do things you’re not going to like.” His expression was resigned, like a doctor delivering tough news. “I’ll be mean, Marist. Maybe even awful. I’ll tell lies, and when this is all over? You might think I’m worse than my father.”

Have you already got a book to read thinking that the story would have a direction and as the reading progresses you discover that everything you thought was wrong? That was my experie
Dreamy reads
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
✨ DREAMY’S REVIEW ✨

The Initiation by Nikki Sloane is my first book by this author and I am completely and utterly blown away!

I’m still reeling after having devoured this hot af, sexy, and sultry read! I was consumed by Royce and Marist from the moment they came alive off the pages!

The Initiation holds a layered plot line that unfolds in the world of Boston Cape Hill. High society, the riches of the rich, and the well-known.

Our heroine and leading lady with green hair is Marist. She’s also know
Carly Wilson
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Way to end a book!! I’m literally staring at the last page thinking ‘noooo’ and ‘what the hell!’ Don’t do this to me Nikki Sloane! I now have to wait for the second book and I’m dying for it!

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review, and as this was a new to me author, I completely did not know what to expect. Initiation is certainly something different.

The book is about Marist, a girl who ends up having to take part in a deal to save her family’s finances. What she doesn’t embark u
PP's Bookshelf
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Give me a minute to collect the pieces of my heart and my scattered emotions before I tell you my reactions after reading The Initiation by Nikki Sloane. It's been a while and I am still staring at my kindle to figure out what just happened. Other than the fact that Nikki Sloane has thrown me for a loop with this edgy, sexy, dramatic and intense story, I am not sure about anything anymore.

The Hales are almost royalty with their obscene amount of wealth and incredible power. And Marist has just
SinfulSoulRead
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excuse me, while I go to the kitchen and look for sharp objects.

Nikki Sloane destroyed me. Filled my body with lust, heart with love and brain with lies so big I am still looking at the wall with a blank stare. Initiation, the first book from the Filthy Rich Americans trilogy, takes place in a world ruled with greed, money and need to own everything and everyone, just because.

Royce and Marist come from this world. He is a son of the most wealthy and powerful man in a hierarchy: handsome, greed
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
Nikki Sloane can give you a great read with sweet alpha guys with sassy smart girls (The Rivalry), a bit of taboo with older man/younger woman (The Doctor) or relatable everyday people with a side of kink  (Blindfold Club)  BUT when she unleashes her uber-powerful, uber-hot, uber-alpha men and her super-smart, super-sexy, backbone of steel women you get a ride that you damn well better strap in for because you are going to be mentally thrown back in your chair with the g-forces.

The Initiation's
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Filthy Rich Americans (2 books)
  • The Obsession