Start by marking “Hide and Seek, Little Chameleon” as Want to Read:
Hide and Seek, Little Chameleon

Hide and Seek, Little Chameleon

From Kirkus Best Book of the Year author Anita Bijsterbosch!

Little Chameleon loves to play hide-and-seek. He knows a few special hiding tricks. Will you help look for Little Chameleon?

A cheerful seek-and-find book filled with colors, numbers, and animal friends. For toddlers ages 30 months and up, with a focus on the child's language development.
Board Book, 18 pages
Published May 15th 2019 by Clavis

To ask other readers questions about Hide and Seek, Little Chameleon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hide and Seek, Little Chameleon

Start your review of Hide and Seek, Little Chameleon
Dorie  - Cats&Books :)
This is a simple, sweet, hide and seek book. At 3 my granddaughter is a bit old for the book but liked "the pictures" and it made her giggle. I think this would be a great little book for a young toddler. The illustrations are absolutely adorable, bright, colorful and eye catching. Kids never tire of hide and seek and the reader can then continue the discussion with the little one about how chameleons change color depending on the colors of background where they are hiding.

I also like that it i
Veronica ⭐️
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, childrens, a
*https://theburgeoningbookshelf.blogsp...
Mummy chameleon and little chameleon are playing hide and seek.
Help mummy find little chameleon as he hides and changes colour to blend into his surroundings.

While you are looking for little chameleon each page features a different colour. There are other insects and animals to find; one red spider, two red ladybugs.

As the hide and seek game progresses through different colours the story introduces different animals and the sound they make plus the number
La Coccinelle
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, children, netgalley
This book actually surprised me. I had fun reading it and looking for Little Chameleon... and I'm a grownup!

Hide and Seek, Little Chameleon somehow manages to be a counting book, a find-the-objects book, and a colours book all in one. On each page, Little Chameleon is hiding among various other creatures. For example, on one spread, we see a yellow duck in the water with four snails and five caterpillars... and Little Chameleon is also hiding in there somewhere. Each of the numbered things are e
Etienne
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very cute book. This one is an hide and seek so it help kids learn to visually search and find stuff, good vocabulary in it so it will also help develop that, the illustrations are great, and even the hide and seek is well done with various level of difficulty. Simple book, but very well done in every aspect!
Toni
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just adored this little book. It has everything: bright vivid colours and cute illustrations, repetition necessary for language development, cognitive challenge and, above all, it is interactive and fun to read together with your little one.
Thank you to NetGalley and Clavis Publishing for the ARC provided in exchange for an honest opinion.
Christi M
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Little Chameleon really knows how to hide in this new picture book.

I love colorful books. Every page is vibrant in this hide-and-seek book between Mommy Chameleon and Little Chameleon. In the story, we help find Little Chameleon among the pages of vibrant parrots, lions, ducks, and crocodiles where we are also given counting opportunities. One of the best parts is how difficult Little Chameleon is to find on each page. As an adult, I really appreciated this and how the illustrations truly took t
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: early-review, youth
Such an adorable book! I really enjoyed this one and it is bright and interactive and I think both parents an young readers will really enjoy this one. it is not only a search and find game but can also help learn counting and colors, so it really has a lot of learning built right in. Each page is dedicated to a number and a color and finding animals an insects as well as little chameleon. It was very cute and very engaging and even as an adult reader I liked counting out and finding the little ...more
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This is a simple, sweet, hide and seek book that I read to my two grandchildren. They both enjoyed the book for different reasons. The 3 year old liked the counting aspect and all the colours, the 5 year old loved looking for the chameleon understanding what camouflage is and how chameleons use it for protection. The second reading had my granddaughter also looking for the chameleon and laughing when she found it, talking about what colour it had turned. The illustrations are absolutely adorable ...more
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Clavis Publishing and the author for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

5 stars.

Ohh this is an easy 5 star book!!

It was SO much fun!!! Even as an adult I really enjoyed it and can easily see this being popular. Trying to find the Chameleon on each page really made to have to stop and look because as we all know, a Chameleon changes its colour to blend into objects. I can see it being a bit of a challenge but in a really positive way as it adds to the fu
Marianne
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hide and Seek, Little Chameleon is a board book for young readers 30 months upwards by Dutch author and artist, Anita Bijsterbosch. Mother Chameleon and Little Chameleon are playing hide and seek. On each page, besides looking for a subtly hidden Little Chameleon, readers have lots of other colourful creatures to find and count: mice, owls, butterflies, frogs, spiders, birds, beetles, snails and caterpillars. The number of little creatures increases with each page. Each page also features a big ...more
Storywraps
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This engaging board book will have kids searching each page looking for numbers to enhance their counting skills, identifying colours and sifting through various forms of wildlife until little chameleon is finally spotted. Kids will love the challenge of the hunt while having fun as well. This book delivers on both accounts.

The author has embedded Little Chameleon into every page which makes a seek-and-find game that kids (and I'm sure adults ) will find entertaining. The book encourages kids t
Jason Muckley
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Hide and Seek, Little Chameleon” by Anita Bijsterbosch was a fun book that focused on numbers and colors and introduces some wonderful wildlife. The book is a search and find type book for children under three years old, but would also be engaging for older siblings.

At first you don’t realize what you are supposed to be “doing,” if you aren’t paying attention. Then when you realize you need to find the camouflaged chameleon on each page, it becomes a fun game that is increasingly difficult. As
Carolyn
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, childrens, netgalley
Thank you to NetGalley for the Advanced Reader's Copy of this book. I received this in exchange for my honest review.

Very cute little book. Toddlers of all ages are bound to have fun with this one learning colors, counting and animal sounds. The seek and find was a little challenging even for me so would definitely keep them engaged for a while. The illustrations were very fun and engaging.
Kelli Cottle
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My son’s favorite kind of books are “Look and Find” books so he loved this one! I loved that it had a fun and creative story, so it was fun to read to him. I loved how it taught colors, counting and observing. The pictures were beautiful. I can’t wait to buy this one to add to our collection!

Thanks to the author, publisher and Netgalley for a copy in return for an honest review!
Theediscerning
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very good book to prime the youngest of users with their colours and numbers. Each double-page spread has an animal typical of such volumes, things to spot and count up, and a chameleon to find, that's handily a different colour every time. There was nothing to fault, as it's bright and breezy and will engage even when the chameleon's location is coming to be remembered. ...more
Ariel Webb
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great little book! The illustrations were bright and colorful and the story was fun and engaging. I would recommend for ages 1-3, or any young children learning colors and numbers.

Thank you Netgalley and Clavis Publishing for an advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Christine Grant
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chameleon Storytime. Little Chameleon is playing hide and seek. It is so much fun for little ones to try to find him on each page as well as learning about other animals and the sounds that they make.
Hannah-lynette Hunter
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This beautiful book is the most cunning and complex. While on the surface it seems like a simple hide and seek story, it builds on a child’s understanding of colour and numbers.
It’s perfect for any little one in your life.
Cat
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am sure this book will entertain many littles as they search for Little Chameleon! Cute story with lots for critters small ones will enjoy. I am betting the illustrations will look absolutely wonderful in color! It would make a terrific gift! Or a fine addition to a collection.
Julie
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

A fun little book with lots of colorful pictures. Kids will enjoy trying to find the hidden chameleon in the pictures.
Tara
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review. This is a great read for little ones learning their colors. Lots of repetitive language and things for kids to point out.
One more, please!
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorable, educational, and repetitive with engaging and vibrant illustrations. Perfect for little ones who will delight in finding the tricky Little Chameleon.
Poongothai
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
A hide and seek book. The illustrations are bright and colourful. It was fun finding out where the little chameleon has hidden in each page. Also there are more things to find in each page like three orange birds with red beaks,nine purple butterflies with yellow dots, etc. Kids can learn colours and numbers.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for the eARC
Yolanda
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Thank you to Clavis Publishing and NetGalley for giving me and my children the opportunity to read this eArc edition. This book is so enjoyable, I need to get a print copy of this book! It is very colorful with cute illustrations and my kids loved the little chameleon playing with his mom. And my kids and I had so much fun trying to find the camouflaged chameleon in the book! It was short and sweet. I will be buying this for my children and this would also make a good gift for other littl
Andréa
Note: I received a digital review copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
Lizanell

• Livi & Grace
  • To Catch an Elephant
  • The Big Five
  • AYA and PAPAYA Discover What Makes Everyone Special
  • Do Penguins Have Pediatricians?
  • Don't Drink the Pink
  • Leo's Monster
  • Seraphina Does Everything
  • Painting School: Learn to paint more than 250 things!
  • Feel Better, Mommy
  • Mahatma Gandhi (Little People, BIG DREAMS)
  • Dragonfly
  • A Warm Friendship
  • The Serpent Prince (Princes Trilogy, #3)
  • Such a Fun Age