Start by marking “Days Since...: Thomas: Day 758 (Almawt Virus #1)” as Want to Read:
Days Since...: Thomas: Day 758 (Almawt Virus #1)

Days Since...: Thomas: Day 758

(Almawt Virus #1)

A virus devastated the world and humanity lies in ruin.

Army veteran Thomas Ricard lost everything but his life - and his adopted son, Joseph.

Two years later, Thomas serves The Second Alliance. They bring stability to the region's survivors. They're far from perfect. But chaos was worse.

Thomas wants more for himself and his son. Simply surviving isn't enough.

The opportunit
Published April 11th 2019 by Power Shift Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Days Since..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Days Since...

Start your review of Days Since...: Thomas: Day 758 (Almawt Virus #1)
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This was a very good end of the world story. I spent a lot of time in the past year listening to books in this genre and am always on the lookout for something new. I was pretty excited to give this one a try. It is a really quick listen with plenty of action to keep the story moving forward. I am glad that I decided to take a chance on this book.

Illness has wiped out most of the population. There are still smaller groups trying to make a better world to survive in but there are other groups th
Beverly Laude
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
"We may be the only ones left working to restore order to this world."

So begins this apocalyptic tale of a young man named Thomas, a returning Veteran trying to become a Soldier with the Second Alliance in the fight against those who are trying to ruin what little humanity remains. A virus called Almawt has decimated the human population and, of course, there are those who try to take advantage of the horrible situation.

There is plenty of military action in this book, which is well-written and e
Wilde Sky
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
In a world decimated by a deadly virus a young man, who is struggling to become a soldier, undertakes a deadly mission to protect what remains of humanity.

This was an action filled adventure with plenty of terrible people / crimes (but not too much graphic detail), but it still had a human dimension (for example in the interaction between the main character and the young boy). The traumatised nature of the soldier was well handled and the narrative was easy to follow.

If you like apocalyptic stor
Shannon
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible
Life after humanity is almost wiped out, how do you start over? Thomas struggles to maintain his sanity and do what is needed. There is a clear PTSD struggle in this story. Flashbacks, seeing things that aren't there, trying to keep the humanity within yourself. There is not a lot of context to this book. I would classify this as a great start to a good story. I feel it should be revisited and revised. I didn't fully connect with the characters, but I feel the writing has promise. ...more
Katherine Jordan
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is very cool and calculated. Trying to bring society back in line after a virus that decimates the population. It shows what could happen in various ways when society breaks down. Thomas has his issues but he has a sound heart and does what needs to be done. Saving others from a bad situation should always be a priority. The military jargon was correct for the most part and their procedures. I am looking forward to the other books that come out in this series.
HOLLY
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
It was alright not great. I'm glad I read it. ...more
Asiaman
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a good story but you have to read it carefully to keep track of who is speaking. The story is good with a plot that is like a black ops plot. The ending is sad in one way and happy in another way.
The good guys can not all survive and you will have to read the book to find out the ending.
Sam
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this story, good bit of end of the world adventure! Set after the event & following the life of Thomas trying to establish a life for himself & his charges. A bit of a different outlook to most in this genre, there maybe hope! I will try more of this writer work!
Robert Chapman
A bit slow and lacking in action.

Not a bad story, but it seems like too much character development and not enough actual action. I'm continuing with book 2 in the hopes it gets better.
Michelle Bartlow
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Received a free audio version for an honest review. I enjoyed the book and am looking forward to the next in the series.
mia
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good post apocalyptic story, focused on rebuilding. Thomas' only concern is securing a future for himself and adopted son Joe, to acheive this he has to stop a group of trafficers. This was a promising start to a new series. ...more
Deedra
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was impressed with this first book in a series.In typical fashion,a virus struck down the humn race and awful humans are killing even more.Thomas is with the Second Alliance and is trying to make life better for himself and his 'little brother'.It is a hard life,but it could be worse he soon discovers. Matthew Crow was a good narrator.Looking forward to book 2.I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review. ...more
Philip Elliott
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
A Dark and Interesting Dystopia Is Introduced

This was a fun read. The subject matter is dark and well realized. My main issue with this book involves its portrayal of women. They're either sex slaves or "Mothers," and nothing else. With the author being male that's even less cool. If Robert Wilson had written a complex and interesting female character into the plot who was neither sex slave nor Mother, it would have gone a long way toward balancing out this gender inequality. However, the world
Christopher Jessulat
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
You know what, I can sum up my view on this book surprisingly quickly - classic brown-furrowed tension. Sometimes the language was a bit meandering, some extra background on what exactly led our characters/the world to "now" would have been nice to add a little extra flavour to the read, but I can honestly say those are minor criticisms. It's a slower burn than some more contemporary survival/"living dead" style work, but I can truly say I enjoyed the read. It's dark and grim, but there is an ab ...more
Debi
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really got into this story about what happens after a major flu just about decimated the human population.
Thomas is eyeing a promotion to soldier in order to be better able to take care of his "brother " and is paired with Jommy to shut down a female slave camp run by the "Butcher ", who tries his nerves being a pain, but they form a bond.
I enjoyed the narrator and was rooting for the women's rescue while worrying about Tom and James.
I received a copy of this audiobook from StoryOrigin for my
David Belisle
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lock and Load!

Wilson presents a stark, post-apocalypse tale from a soldier's point of view. It's a mental war, his thoughts waging hand-to-hand combat in a bizarre new world he's still bound to serve and protect. This reader would've enjoyed more back story on the apocalyptic events, but the characters, dialogue and military jargon ring true for a city-turned-war zone. A solid effort, one of your deeper, combat reads.
Terry Mathews
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good book. It contained a good leading character on a mission to make a better life for him and his son. His goal was to become a soldier. A much different thing than becoming a soldier currently. The shortcomings to the book are that it's like you walked into a movie 30 minutes late and you missed something. In this case it's the info about the virus; where did it come from, what does it do to people? You have also missed the introduction of the Second Alliance and the similar things ...more
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
The concept was great, just didn’t really feel any connection to the characters. It felt odd that a person who wasn’t a ‘soldier’ was given a really important mission like this. People’s lives were at stake. An enemy who was causing issues. Given to a guy who hadn’t earned his stripes yet in their new military system.

I could have gotten past that easy enough, but then I just didn’t feel that connection. It felt like you needed more backstory sooner rather than later. For you to get to know the c
Billie
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant read.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believeable.
Great suspense and action with wonderful world building.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

I read a complimentary advance copy of the book; this is my voluntary and honest review.
Deb Threadgill
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was well written, had enough action to make it a page turner. Thomas is just trying to survive after the virus killed lots of people. He wants a promotion, but his biggest concern is taking care of the people he loves. Great read-a different take on post-apocalypse.
Paul McKinstry
Mar 07, 2020
John Horn
Jan 06, 2020
Ambrose
rated it did not like it
Feb 25, 2020
Eric
Feb 02, 2020
Matt
Sep 08, 2019

• Ground Zero: Ty, Zeke, & Natalie Part 1 (Last of Us #1)
  • Revenge
  • Retribution (Green Fields #11)
  • Edge of Anarchy (Edge of Collapse #4)
  • A Demon's Gift
  • Tribe Master (Tribe Master, #1)
  • Tribe Master 2 (Tribe Master, #2)
  • Annihilation (Green Fields #12)
  • The Evergreen Motel Cursed Part 5
  • Cadaver Dog
  • The Queen Unchained (Generation Z #6)
  • Madness Rising (Survive the Fall #2)
  • Infinity: A Bridger's Origin (Bridgers, #0)
  • Daughters of Anarchy: Season 1
  • The Dancing Girl: An "All the Tomorrows" Short Story
  • Dark Roads (Survive the Fall #3)
  • The Christmas Pact
I know you're supposed to do third person here, but that seems rather impersonal.

I enjoy post-apocalyptic and dystopian books and have since I was probably 12 years old. My English teacher read us a story called “The Girl Who Owned a City” by OT Nelson. The idea of a virus wiping out all the adults, well everyone above the age of 13 (if I'm remembering correctly), was extremely intriguing.

At the t

Almawt Virus (3 books)
  • Days Since...: Xavier: Day 853 (Almawt Virus, #2)
  • Days Since...: Jenny: Day 986 (Almawt Virus #3)

News & Interviews