Start by marking “Chasing Beverly” as Want to Read:
Chasing Beverly

Chasing Beverly

Two people. One chance to let it all go.

Seeking redemption, Beverly Morgan has spent the last four years building an empire that was someone else's dream. Devoted to her work, a handful of friends, and an array of charities, shes been able to lock away her heart and convince herself it's dead. After an unthinkable tragedy, Beverly should know by now that a single day can
Published September 29th 2019 by Acorn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Beverly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Beverly

Start your review of Chasing Beverly
sarah xoxo
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019, arcs
Chasing Beverly was a romantic, fast paced novel that I flew through.
It is about a woman named Beverly who because of an accident loses her chance to compete at the olympics. A few years later, she is running her own business and strikes a deal with Gavin, put together, handsome and charming. Will he be the one who breaks down her barriers?
I loved
- The pacing
- The setting (portland, oregon)
- The characters (sometimes)
I didn't love

I am not someone who
Bibliomedico
Check Out The Full Review On My Blog : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/20...
*************************
Thanks To Xpress Book Tours For giving me the chance to be part of this blog tour .
*************************
If you read the Blurb Of this Book ( Which I will Add later on ) , you will notice that this book sounds really interesting . And To be honest , the story was intriguing and had a lot of potential .

But What I didnt like and couldnt connect with At all , is the writing style . It just
Dilushani Jayalath
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Aly
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
The best word to describe this book is nice. The story was nice, the main characters were nice, but I wanted more. More drama, more romance, more something. I liked Beverly and Gavin., they're cute together and both have overcome a lot. There were a lot of chances for drama and things to happen, like Gavin's psycho ex girlfriend and Beverly's past, but nothing really came of them. The ending does leave an opening for a sequel that seems like it will have more action. This was a sweet story, just ...more
Yahaira
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
thank you netgalley for this arc in exchange for an honest review

3.5 stars bc the ending was a big letdown.

this was more than i was expecting...

the summary for this book just mentions that Beverly suffered some kind of tragic event and even though you can probably guess, i was still surprised. i love Beverly with all my heart, she deserves the world and more.

It broke my heart how much Beverly struggled with the aftermath of The Incident, and dealing with it on her own. I'm so glad that she
Lilly Charysma
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books difficult to judge. On one hand, I devoured the story. It was intense, with characters that had lots of chemistry. But on the other, something was a bit off. I wanted more from the writing and more from the story in general.

We have a woman with a tragic past, trying to forget the bad events that determined her to change her career. Beverly has put her entire focus into her business, making it successful and becoming herself stronger and more focused on anything but her
Samantha Fangella
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books-read
Chasing Beverly is a wonderfully written, fast-paced novel about love and second chances. The flow and style is one of my faves for 2019. Off to the next book! :)
Lovely Loveday
Chasing Beverly is a fast-paced heartwarming story of love, second chances, and lots of romance. The characters are well-written and relatable.with backstories that slowly unravel to help tell the story. Chasing Beverly is full of sweet romance and plenty of drama making this a lovely romance to get lost in.
Terry
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars for this new author!

Beverly's hopes of going to the Olympics came to an end when she was in a car accident and now she can't get over the loss of her mother and boyfriend. She has locked up her heart so that she can never be hurt like that again. Gavin is all about his PR firm and one night stands ... he doesn't know what hit him the day he meets Beverly.

I was blown away by this book ... it had me reading into the wee hours of the morning just to see what happens. I found the characters
Leslie Ferguson
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book for its voice, style, and romance. The author brilliantly weaves the stories of Beverly and Gavin for an intriguing ride, and what starts out as a tragedy and blossoms into potential hope ends with quite a surprising cliffhanger that I love and hate! I dont want to wait to find out what happens! I was ready to turn the page only to discover this part of the 2-book series had ended. Cubbison is a great writer, and she takes the reader on an interesting journey of loss and ...more
Adam Lottes
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful tale filled with hope, love and moving on.

We meet ambitious and business-savvy Beverly early on. She seems to be one cold cucumber. But not to Gavin, even though he cant immediately explain why. As the days go on and their interactions go from business related to friends his attraction grows more intense. Which is why the book is appropriately titled Chasing Beverly as he begins to pursue her. Beverly, however, is reluctant and holds onto some devastating secrets from her past.

Both
Chloe
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I really wanted to love this, but it really wasnt anything special.
Danielle Swainston
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Woahhh what an emotional rollacoaster! I devoured this book once i started, i literally didnt look up from my kindle for hours. The chemistry between Beverly and Reed aka Gavin was off the charts. I loved how patient Reed was with Beverly and how much he helped her lower her walls. I really felt for Beverly and how closed off she was after the accident, every emotion she felt when she finally opened up i feel like i felt too. I was sobbing at 2am in the morning because of this book.

THAT ENDING
Anie
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beverly was at the top of the world, just winning the race that will take her to the Olympics, tragedy struck. She lost her mother, her boyfriends, and part of her. She was never the same again. Years since she worked hard to build on her mother's dreams and turned into an empire. But otherwise, she closed herself off.

That all changes when she has to do a meeting with Gavin. He has a successful business, is caring and hot and it just what Beverly needs. After the meeting, they start to spend a
Trina McCreadie Pina
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Chasing Beverly, couldn't put it down, and look forward to the next book. Beverly and Gavin are relatable characters. I hope that their love prevails.
Arpita Shrivastava
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
It is a nice, fast-paced, interesting and engaging story.
Both the protagonists are pretty strong in their own way and it reflects that author has put in a lot of effort on building these characters well.
I immediately fell in love with aura of perfect and amazing Gavin Reed. He is compassionate, intelligent, smart, focused and humorous. Beverly is strong, independent and a true sports person. Her sportsmanship and professionalism reflects in her personality.
Most of the characters are
KarenJo Custodio
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
3.25- 3.5 stars

Chasing Beverly by Ashlynn Cubbison is a fun, romantic, and heartwarming story about taking chances, moving on, and learning to love again.

This book didn't completely make my heart melt with all the swoons, but some parts are wonderfully affecting and entertaining.  I really liked the beginning chapter and was quite impressed that I found myself immediately intrigued. I expected plenty of drama and feels, and to be engrossed and really into the storyline. That didn't really happen
Carro Herdegen
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kiss-the-book
Language: R (84 swears, 1 f); Mature Content: PG13; Violence: PG13
When business finally introduces Beverly and Gavin, both of them know that their lives -- in their companies and beyond -- have been changed. While Gavin is ready to pursue what is obviously forming between them, Beverly cant see past her baggage and the inevitable heartbreak it will bring them both.
The story was okay. Its an enjoyable fluff read but not something that kept me on edge needing to know what was going to happen next.
Kirsty
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Beverly experienced an awful tragedy when she was a teenager. For the past few years she has concentrated on running a successful company and hasnt been open to romance. When her company joins forces with that of hot shot CEO Gavin, it allows her to get to know someone on a more romantic level and come to terms with her loss.
This was an easy read, not unenjoyable. The characters are likeable enough and the story moves quite quickly. I really wanted to like it, but this is one that I'd rate as
Norma
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chasing Beverly by Ashlynn Cubbison is a beautifully written romance. I received this book as part of a book tour. Due to life getting crazy and things not exactly going as planned, I fell behind on my reading and my review postings. I hate that it happened, but I am doing my best to catch up and stay caught up.

This book focuses on the world of Beverly and Gavin. I absolutely loved their story from the very beginning. Beverlys world was turned upside down after a car accident in her youth that
Sunny Shelly Reads
This was a fast-paced novel, on the sweet side, about a woman trying to piece her life back together after a tragic accident and the handsome colleague trying to break down her walls. I thought Beverly was beating herself up over something that wasn't that big of a deal, but I liked Gavin's protective nature.

I just didn't click with these two as a romantic couple, however, so I wasn't really invested in their story. And I didn't know that the book was the first installment in a series and would
Jia
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Chasing Beverly is about a young girl who, after an unspeakable tragedy changes her life, is trying to move on and forgive herself. This is the story about how a man she meets challenges her to come out of the shell she has built for herself. The writing made it a bit difficult to read the book, but I feel it got much better in the second half of the book.

My full review of the book is on my blog, which you can check out here: http://abookandwords.com/book-review-...
Alissa
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Beverly is one of those books you cant put down once you start. I thoroughly enjoyed everything from the setting, to the characters, to the witty humor of the characters. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a story about love and redemption. It was well-written and is an easy read. I cant wait for the sequel! ...more
TSN ☮
DNF 50%

This is a sweet and romantic story about a girl who don't think she deserves to neither love or be loved, and how a man manages to coax her out of her shell.
I didn't manage to "engage" in this story, since neither of the two main characters ever did succeed in caching my interest.
Sharon
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Coming soon!
Marcelle
Oct 02, 2019
Jackie
Oct 10, 2019
rated it did not like it
Sep 15, 2019

• Call Me, Maybe
  • The Mercenary's Daughter
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • Your Words Count: A Writing and Editing Planner to Help You Finish Your Book
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • Hot Nights in Morocco
  • Hidden Hearts (The Women of Hearts, #1)
  • Provoke You (Cole Brothers #2)
  • The Devil's Own (Murphy's Law, #1)
  • Lost Girl: A Shelby Day Novel
  • The Diseased Ones (The Hollis Timewire Series, #1)
  • Hating the Boss
  • Four Christmases and a Secret
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Everything Girl
  • Dorothy in the Land of Monsters (Oz ReVamped, #1)
  • Intimate Strangers (Lisa Millar, #1)
Ashlynn Cubbison is an author, entrepreneur, and dreamer. She currently lives in Southern California with her husband, two beautiful sons, and adorable cat, Pepper.

Growing up, she struggled with reading and spelling. She hopes by sharing her experiences as a child that she'll inspire others to believe in themselves and find their passion as she has with writing.