Start by marking “Luca's Lessons” as Want to Read:
Luca's Lessons

Luca's Lessons

An Italian Dom guides a Swiss banker through the world of BDSM and she threatens his most important rule.

Sparked by curiosity and drawn by need, Swiss banker Claire asks Italian businessman Luca to introduce her to the D/s lifestyle. He agrees, as long as she abides by his number one rule of not falling in love. The two then embark on a slow, complete and realistic path of
Published June 4th 2019 by Totally Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Luca's Lessons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luca's Lessons

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Slow to build but great ending.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From the cover you get a distinct impression of what this book will entail. However, this book is a bit different from the hardcore BDSM stories that are out there. This book is more of a story about mutual respect and a developing love affair.

The authors focus more on developing the characters and their connection rather than the sexual aspect of the lifestyle. It takes a while to get to the climax of the story, so to speak, and yet you real
Nicole ❤
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
“Despite popular opinion, the best things do not always come to those who wait… especially when those who are waiting are named Luca Bernardi.”
Much thanks to NetGalley, Xpresso Book Tours and Totally Bound Publishing for this complimentary copy. This review is voluntary and opinions are fully my own.

Buy This Book : Amazon 🌼 Barnes and Noble 🌼 Kobo 📖

📚 Series: No.
📚 Genre: Erotic Romance
📚 POV: Third person Alternating POV
📚 Cliffhanger: No.

⚠ Content Warnings: BDSM. Explicit sexu
Jessica Calla
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give LUCA’S LESSONS more than five stars! Readers… If you are looking for a sexy story centered around a responsibly-written BDSM setting, that has emotionally-developed and hot AF characters but also manages to be a heartfelt, sweet read, pick up a copy of LUCA’S LESSONS by Deana Birch and Amelia Foster.

Luca Bernardi is a yummy, ridiculously handsome Italian Dom with a love of wine, his family, sex, and his club, a safe place where patrons can live out their BDSM desires. When he
queen_of_the_books_18
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sexy BDSM story!

Luca Bernardi was a sexy Italian business man, who ran a club where people could go to live out their wildest fantasies, safely.

His first meeting with banker Claire is testing but he see’s something in her that sparks something inside of him and an epic love story follows.

This was BDSM written at it’s best, not tacky, it was written with emotion, showcasing the trust between two people who have a connection. It showcases the Dom/Sub relationship perfectl
Jessica
When I saw this one on Netgalley the cover grabbed my eye. I didn't even read what it was about. I'm so happy it caught my eye. I didn't want this book to end it was so good.

Claire has been raised feeling she was never good for anyone. Finally she met Liam her husband and unfortunately he gets Cancer and died. Something about Claire brought Lucca to her. I think all along he wanted her for him. He just wasn't sure a woman like her will want him.

Claire has new to dominant/submissive relationshi
Maranda
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
BDSM plot with a bit of surprise events. Submissive Claire is a Swiss Banker with a past that keeps her from embarking on any romantic relationships. She is business only. Luca is an Italian business man who also has past ghosts to deal with but offers Claire his DOM experience. Enjoyed their dynamics and the narrative along with the characters were well developed. "A copy of this book was provided by Totally Bound Publishing via NetGalley with no requirments for a review. Comments here are my h ...more
Marit
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Amelia and Deana. Finally BDSM done right with sexual tension off the charts. Who knew slow burn erotica was a thing?
Georgia Mathers
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic
Luca’s Lessons is a contemporary BDSM erotic romance that tantalizes the reader with a slow-moving plot and well-rounded characters.

With class, it follows the teacher-student trope.

From the beginning, I was treated to an Italian Dom who had ethics, who knew when to step back, and when to be firm.

More …
Up All Night With Books
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Review by Elizabeth
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Absolutely. Amazing.

I have been a huge fan of Deana Birch for a long while now and having the added bonus of reading a new to me author, Amelia Foster, right along with her was awesome. Luca’s Lessons is different from what I have read by her in the past but I was blown away with how much I loved it.

Luca’s Lessons is very different from other books about the BDSM lifestyle. It is not focused on the sex or the scenes as muc
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

A slow moving BDSM with lots of instruction for a newbie Claire to this world. Her heart broke when her husband died, but Luca isn't interested in love just her. There's a lot of angst and a little drama mixed into the world of BDSM. Luca was yummy and perfect for her and helped her grow and move forward. Love, of course, does happen along with a secret from Claire. Her BFF and assistant was hilarious, just loved him. I just wished it moved a little faster.

I wish
Homebody
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read a lot of romance it’s my thing. And I have a type. Even if I’m reading a ‘dark’ romance I’m not keen on the ‘alpha-hole’ lead and that is something you see a lot in books that are labeled as BDSM books. The ‘Dom’ has to show his control by being a borderline abusive asshole. I could rattle off a few books, but I’m not gonna because this isn’t about being negative. It’s to highlight how Luca’s Lesson is different in that regard.

From the moment he steps onto the page, his dominance and cont
Michelle Orloff
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A slow-burn erotic romance?

Not your typical erotic romance! Luca’s Lessons is a smart, heartfelt, and ooh-la-la sexy tour through BDSM with not-your-typical sub financier Claire and her Dom, Luca. Hitting on heavy topics like grief and infertility, it goes much deeper than titillation. And yet the HEA is candy-sweet. A cayenne-in-your-chocolate hot and sweet read. Can’t wait to see more from this author partnership!
The Reads
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Plot
This is a story about Claire and Luca, both two damaged characters who are trying to navigate through their lives, both having been cut by loss, despair and hoplessness. Claire is a powerful banker having nurtured and created Zurich’s most elite banking establishment all amidst the love of her life dying from terminal cancer. A year on from her husbands death, Claire meets Luca, a charismatic, domineering Italian who she already has been affected by. Luca puts forward a business proposal, on
Shirley Holt
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I first started reading this story, I thought it was going to be another bdsm story. How wrong was I! It was so much more than that. It was a beautiful love story. The characters were so well described that they were implanted in my minds eye. The immaculate Luca who was always well turned out but a little suspicious of everything coming in threes. A very proper Dom who always wanted to do everything right and always had concern for his submissive. Claire was described as intelligent and be ...more
Felicia Grossman
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoyed this book! I adored that the Claire and Luca were smart, successful, mature people, entering into their relationship with their eyes open, even if both of their hearts were closed. I thought the way the book handled grief and emotional growth was so special and poignant. There were also a few interesting surprises that I didn't completely see coming, which I enjoyed very much.

And of course, it was hot, so very hot. The sex was hot, their chemistry was hot, the atmosphere was lush. I
Krisz
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Luca's Lessons was my first experience with this duo of authors.
I loved the cover. That's what drew my attention to this book in the first place.
I liked the story. It was everything the blurb promised it'd be. I liked the build-up, the way Claire and Luca gradually came closer and closer. Both of them were likeable, life-like characters.
I would have liked Luca to open up a little more about himself but his attention and dedication to Claire more than made up for this little shortage. He guided
Pamela
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Luca is a business man and Dominant at a BDSM club. Claire is a banker with curiosity about the lifestyle. The two are damaged but trying to move on with their lives. The one rule they make is not to fall in love only for sex. A slow build up but magnificent moment when the couple break all the rules. A lovely story about mutual respect, feelings and how the right person can change your life.

I received a copy of this book and am leaving a review.
Kathryn
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not your average BDSM read! This is a slow building plot in both romance and sexy times. Luca and Claire are well rounded and developed characters. As Luca is Claire's trainer there is definitely a teacher/student trope vibe. Very well written and enjoyed.

I received an advanced copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an unbiased , honest review.
Donna
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Luca’s Lessons is a sexy tale of exploration and growth. Luca is a superb training Dom by has no room for love in his life. Claire is a widow and a high powered Swiss banker. When Claire asks Luca to train her his only hard limit is love. But as they train they find themselves growing closer. Can Claire breach his hard limit and can Luca teach her that it is okay to love again? This is a well paced sexy BDSM romance that didn’t push any hard limits for me.
Becca
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-ive-arc
Luca’s Lessons

I absolutely loved this book, although I had to start and stop it many times, with life getting in the way, I found it very easy to immerse myself back into the world which speaks volumes of how it is written, it was an “intellectual bdsm bloody hot book” would definitely like to continue onto the next book!!
Lisa H
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s intellectual k!nk.

Luca needs Claire Favre’s bank.
Claire is a financial superhero.
Luca wants his club and it’s oricees in Claire’s safekeeping.

He offers to show her his club. And does so. Can Claire open up to his experiences?
Because what Luca is craving and needs is true intimacy and what lol he mess up and not realize what he has with Claire?

Luca thinks she’s the same as all his other women.
It’s a journey in vulnerability for both of them.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout
Amy
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think I fell in love!! With Claire...sigh. She is smart, savvy, sexy and all around an amazing character. Standing tall and asking for what you want with confidence is so attractive. Toss in an Italian man who is dark and brooding? Zing. I can't wait to read more by this author. I didn't want this to end.

Julie Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog
I loved Claire and Luca! This book is passionate and heartwarming. The perfect mix of heartbreak, new found love, and hot bdsm.
Evie Drae
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading this book as a beta reader, as both the authors are dear friends. However, as I’ve mentioned before, don’t let that fact sway you into believing this review is anything but accurate and true. I’ve been fortunate enough to surround myself with writers of an unbelievable caliber. Together, we’ve all grown and built one another up into what I truly believe is an unstoppable force. Luca’s Lessons, by Deana Birch and Amelia Foster, is just one example of the awesome powe ...more
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Rating: ★★★☆☆
Content Rating: R
POV: Alternates between Heroine/Hero
Smexy Level: Hot
Favorite Quote(s):
― “When it happens, if it happens make no mistake. I choose you. I want you.”
Overall Opinion:
Kink? Check. BDSM? Check? Steamy scenes? Double checked. I already knew what I was getting myself into wh
Laura Metz
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I was given this arc by netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Decent book. Luca is the perfect sexy Italian from every womans dreams. Claire and Luca's dom/sub to future married couple is a cute and heat warming tale of a hardened man opening his heart and a woman who lost her husband learns how to love and live again

Christina
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'll admit that it's been a while since I've picked up a BDSM book. Not because I have an issue with it, but because it hadn't appealed to me as much as others lately. That's until I read the blurb for this book. I'm glad I picked it up.

Claire is a bit of a socialite. She's basically grown up with a silver spoon, but has worked hard to make a name for herself as well...and then her husband died. This last year has been nothing but work and building the business, that is, until a man walks throug
Devon
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, funny book . Luca and Claire heat up the pages with their chemistry and fire. Great book!
Loved it
Sonia Almeida Dias
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, erotica
Good entertainment even tough some things were a bit far fetched (if only the Swiss banking world was as plain as it was portrayed...).

The characters were interesting.
Debbie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2019
I really enjoyed this book, so much feeling from two people who have been let down and hurt their whole lives!

Luca is a Dom who wants to buy a club from his dying friend. Claire is the owner of a bank, who invests money and Luca wants her to help him!

The attraction between the two in noticeable from the start, but Claire is nursing a broken heart from the death of her husband. Luca knows what he wants and is going to teach Claire trust and how to be the perfect submissive.

The first thing Luca
« previous 1 3 next »
Contemporary romance and erotica writer Deana Birch was named after her father’s first love, who just so happened not to be her mother. Born and raised in the Midwest, she made stops in Los Angeles and New York before settling in Europe where she lives with her own blue-eyed Happily Ever After. Her days are spent teaching yoga, playing tennis, ruining her children’s French homework, cleaning up do ...more