Start by marking “The Freedom Dreamers” as Want to Read:
The Freedom Dreamers

The Freedom Dreamers

No parents. No teachers. And only one rule: Be free.

"Freedom means choices, and choices come with grown-up consequences in this fresh, lively coming-of-age novel set in NYC during the fast and loose sixties."
—Janet Nichols Lynch

In 1968, the counterculture is in full swing. Protesting a corrupt war, rejecting the norms forced on them by society, hippies are trying to live
Kindle Edition
Published May 7th 2019 by Peachtree Content

To ask other readers questions about The Freedom Dreamers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Freedom Dreamers

Start your review of The Freedom Dreamers
Carrie
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Coming of Age After the Summer of Love

It's 1968 and sixteen-year-old Jill is fresh out of family. Her mom is dead, her father disappeared, and she is left with the choice of entering foster care or running for her freedom.

Choosing freedom, Jill makes her way to New York City, with a handful of dollars and vague dreams of fame on Broadway. Jill finds a chosen family among a ragtag group of teenagers who each must face difficult choices and consequences in their own pusuits of freedom.

This is a
Raven Danger
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like interesting and unique book titles that spark an image or idea in my head, and "Freedom Dreamers" certainly had me curious. I am still reading the story, and enjoying it with every page. The story's characters are very intriguing, and I do so love relatable, layered characters. I am very interested in the time period and setting of the novel too, as I often had wished to live through the cultural revolution of the 1960s. I think readers of any age or background into this engaging story.
Melissa
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I could have binged through this book in a single sitting, but I found myself reading slowly so that I could savor instead. Beautiful coming of age story.
Alicia Brown
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
sheila hord
T.J. Wray
Nov 15, 2019

• Never Let Me Go
  • Hearts of Resistance
  • Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed
  • The Woman Who Died a Lot (Thursday Next, #7)
Alicia Brown fears she may be the world's worst-read English major, because she can't seem to put down her beloved YA novels long enough to read the classics. She has edited and written for numerous print and online publications, and her short story "Sad Little Indie Film" won first prize in the Atlanta Writers Club Fall 2014 contest. Her first novel, "The Freedom Dreamers," will be released May ...more