Start by marking “Into the Madness: A Reverse Harem Series (The Villainous Wonderland Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:

I didn’t fall into a place of wonder and madness. I was taken.

This world is a perfect, enchanting wonderland. The people here are just as alluring.

But we all have our secrets.

Like the white rabbit who’s leading a rebellion right under the King’s nose. Or the sweet March Hare who’s actually an enemy spy. Or my one true ally in all of this, a killer who’s so feared they w
Kindle Edition
Published May 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Into the Madness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Madness

Leanne Clugston
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that I'm a fan of AK Koonce's other works. So when I heard that she was writing a take on Alice in Wonderland, I was very intrigued.

WOW. I was not disappointed at all! I'm a fan of retellings, especially when the author puts their very own individual twist on things, that are similar to the original, but not really. This is definitely one of those tales.

The opening scene alone made me chuckle, (I'll not say why, you'll have to read it for yourself) but the wit, and one liners i
Elley Murray
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THAT ENDING THOUGH. Like bam, blindsided (in the best of ways). OK, you're right, I should begin at the beginning and go on until I come to the end (then stop). I am a huge Alice in Wonderland nerd as well as being a fairy tale retellings fanatic, so when I saw this twist on Alice in Wonderland I knew I needed to read it. AND BOY, I was not disappointed!

This is a steamy reverse-harem romance and it's my favorite type of borderline-erotica, with PLENTY of really hot sexual tension as well as a p
Joselyn Crissman
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First, I feel like I must confess that I’m an Alice in Wonderland fanatic and I love all this wonderland. Wether that is the original or the reimagined. So before I even opened this book I was already hooked.

This book, true to Koonce’s form, grabs you and pulls you in from the very first page with Madison, the snarky FMC. She grew up being an outcast, due to something a child should never have to go through, and it made her a little bitter and hardened. After an awkward encounter, Madison finds
Kiki DeGraw
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Things aren't always as they appear in Wonderland and this book takes the twists and turns to a whole new level. Agendas and deception are their way of life and some of them aren't too bothered by it. I enjoyed the characters and we got juuuust enough of them to be intrigued.

Being honest here I don't think I've read any of this author's work before. That's gonna change. I loved this book. The writing style was wonderful and the new spin is fantastic. It drags you in and being a speed reader was
Danyelle Williams
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was very interesting to me. You know some times books that are based off of Alice in wonderland can not turn out well....this is not one of those books.

This book makes you fall in love with imperfections. Everyone in this story has their issues and it just makes you love them so much more.

Th author does a great job playing off the Alice in wonderland theme. I'm glad I decided to read this book.....you won't be disappointed.
Jessica Roessler
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a unique and truly awesome book!

Oh man.
I have found another book to add to my absolutely favorites, and I have a feeling that the entire series will be included as well.
A.K. Koonce has such a brilliant mind, and you can really see it in this book. Her spin on the Alice in Wonderland theme is so unique, as are her bad ass characters.
There is ALWAYS something about the bad boys, and you can’t help but fall in love with each one.
Madison, our heroine of the story is so awesome. I love how stron
Michelle Fritz PA
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Epically Adventurous!!! ⚘⚘⚘⚘This was absolutely one wild ride!! Madison is just so easy to fall for! How could anyone resist her!? The guys in this... the guys, they're quite literally a handful! They're dark and tainted in soul just as much as in their minds and principals. They've had to survive Wonderlust where things are so very messed up. The king is a bore as is his twin and together they're quite awful! I loved watching this new Alice figure out just which character from the original Alic ...more
Heather Gilbert
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast paced

Alice is an Alice, except when that Alice is actually a Madison pretending to be the blond innocent in a less than innocent world. This twisted take on the well loved and often rewritten tale throws Madison, our aforementioned Alice, into the magical and completely confusing Wanderlust, not to be mistaken for its more popular neighbor, Wonderland. Here, Madison dons the facade (but only with a lot of begging from the rabbit) and finds herself stockings deep in political intrigue and a
Donna
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Into The Madness is an awesome trip down the rabbit hole into the wonderland world. I am loving A.K. Koonce's version so much I couldn't stop reading it! I had originally read the ARC copy and about half way through decided "Yes, I so need this in paperback." and ordered. The plot is fresh and engaging as well as unpredictiable and witty. The characters are well developed and loveable despite their own flaws and the fact that most of them if not all are villians!
I recommend this to anyone w
Angela
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've loved everything I've ever read from this author and this book is no different!! There are a lot of Alice in Wonderland based stories out there right now but Into the Madness is different. It's not only because of the sexy villians, the FMC is extremely likeable and has an interesting backstory, the world building is excellent and secondary characters are fun and intriguing. Ms. Koonce definitely knows how to write sexy asshole characters and these villians are the best yet, especially Kais ...more
Ashley Bullock
A Fun Twist

This book is such a fun twist on a classic story of Alice in Wonderland. Instead of Alice Liddell, Madison is who gets taken to what is believed to be Wonderland but it isn’t, she is in Wanderlust. Now if she wants to stay and not go back to her realm to be riddled with Cancer again, she has to team up with the Rebellion to become Alice. I love the twists that the author took with this story. Can’t wait for book 2
Jessica Robbins
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tour, own-kindle
OMG I so fell in love with this book!!! We follow Madison a snarky take nothing chick starting with an experience that had me feeling sorry for her while dying laughing at the same time. From there she is essentially kidnapped almost drowning before she is brought to an interesting version of Wonderland. Once there is thrown into a world of intrigue, secrets, and madness. It was awesome and I just could not put it down once I got started leading to the end that will have more then ready for book ...more
Lauren
Loved it

There have been a lot of wonderland retellings released recently and I haven't given them much of a chance because the first set I read was so good. However, I adored Koonce's Dragon Tamer series and decided to try her Wanderlust story. It is SO worth it! I love that the story has those who were originally villains as the harem and protagonist. This was a great start and I will definitely be reading the rest of the series.
Crystal Morse
Wanderlust... yes please!

I have always been a lover of Alice in wonderland. The story is a childhood staple for me.

However, do not for a minute believe that this is the wonderland of your childhood, or this Alice the child we followed through misadventures.

This story takes so many turns and gives you so many feels, it is incredible. Characters rich with secrets and pasts that are revealed layer by layer.

Nothing is what it seems and no one can be trusted.
Marissa
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed getting to read this book. The title really says it all and it is by far one of my top adaptations of Alice. I cannot wait to read what happens next with Madison and her villains. This story captivated me from the beginning and some of the characters were truly mad and I just loved every bit of it!
Kathryn
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly fell down the rabbit hole with this book! I became lost in the amazing world building. I love that while keeping true to the Alice in Wonderland characters, there was unique and personal twist on each character. This has a wonderfully dark twist on Alice and Wonderland. I received an advanced copy and am voluntarily leaving an unbiased, honest review.
Johnnie yslas
My favorite so far

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the spin on this Alice in Wonderland. The characters are so much different yet so alike to the original that it's a piece of art! The darkness of each of the MC is intriguing and just draws you in to want to learn and connect more! Such a great read!
Haylee James
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now I have always loved Alice in wonderland but this is the best retelling I have ever read. I loved the characters and the details of wanderlust. Its completely captivating and compelling as it sucks you in and makes you part of the story. I couldn't put it down and cant wait to read the next book.
Meghan
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was sooooo good! AK Koonce has an incredible writing style that makes you fall in love with her perfectly imperfect characters. This book especially has a harem of “villainous” guys that are swoon-worthy regardless of their faults, and a FMC that you root for despite her poor choices. I can’t wait to see what happens next!
Katie Hoffman
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. I love all books that have a retelling of Alice in wonderland. This is one of the top ones. I absolutely love this author and this story to me is one of my favorites from her. I really want the next book. This book ended and I almost cried. Cried because now I have to wait for book 2. This is a definite must read. I can not wait to see where it goes next.
Nicole Strait
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ah-mah-zing!!!! This book was an excellent dark twist to the Wonderland fairytale! I love how the men are painted in a villainous light and the FMC is an innocent but wicked woman! This book is a slow burn RH in the sense that Maddison’s Harem doesn’t form in the first book but she does have sexual interactions with three different men.
April
May 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
No more Alice

I just can't do it! Koonce is one of my favorite authors but I just can't do anymore Alice in Wonderland stories. There are too many. One author starts it and the rest follow. I didn't even like the original to begin with. I tried but after a few chapters I just had to close this book down.
Amber
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I have never been a fan of Alice in Wonderland but I took a chance because I loved the blurb and the cover was stunning. I am really glad I took that chance because I loved this book! I love the characters and the story is beyond amazing. I can't wait to get book 2.
Toni ~married to a hunk~
This was a very fast read. I love anything A.K. Koonce writes. It was a little off but once I got into it I was very pleased. It was very fast paced and once I figured out who she was comparing everyone too it was even more fun.
Megan Russell
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the first 2 pages I knew I'd like this book. The female lead is very likable and says things I would say or think is some situations. A slow burn but worth the wait. Loved it, cant wait till the next book.
Holly
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Really really good story. It gripped me from the very beginning right up to the end. I was really impressed with the unique take on a story that has been done so many times. I'm definitely interested in the next one.
amanda.mccoy2664
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap

Drop what your doing and read this now. You will love this new look on the timeless tell of Wonderland or Wonderlust. Your heart will hurt for the main characters. The author has a way of transforming something old into something brand new an amazing! 10/10 💜💜💜💜
Cassie Starkel
Villains are sexy

I am a woman of many many words (ask my husband) however this book left me speechless and wanting more. No NEEDING more. I can’t wait to continue the trek through Wonderlust and all that it entails but I’ll say this about this book” Go read it NOW”
Noelle Woodruff
Into the Madness

Omg! I love this version of Wonderland and Alice. A different take but still some the same characters. I'm excited for book two where we get more of Madison and her villains in Wonderland.
Tiffany Thomas
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Freaking amazing! I loved everything about this book! I feel she really captured the different Alice in Wonderland characters while putting her own spin into them. I cannot wait for the rest of this series.

I love Alice is Wonderland retellings and this is by far one of my favorites!
« previous 1 3 4 next »