Start by marking “Evie (Pendleton Petticoats Book 10)” as Want to Read:
Evie (Pendleton Petticoats Book 10)

Evie

(Pendleton Petticoats #10)

Will love bloom between a spunky nanny and a distracted landscaper? Find out in this sweet historical romance!

Unconventional nanny Evie Caswell views it as her duty to bring fun and laughter to the residence of her strict, aloof employers. Full of life and spirit, she is determined to teach the couple’s children how to be young and carefree. With hardly a minute to

Published May 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Evie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evie

Start your review of Evie (Pendleton Petticoats Book 10)
InD'tale Magazine
Rating: 4.5/5.0

This is a wonderfully charming, sweet historical romance that readers will instantly love!

Read full review in the 2019 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Glenda Kinard
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know how to really explain how much I enjoyed Evie and Flynn’s story. Oh my did this book touch on my every emotion. Shanna Hatfield just has a way of writing the most spectacular stories. Oh and the children in this story Puck , Peg and Miss Bee such special little characters. Everyone just snuggled deep in my heart. Once again Shanna Hatfield has made my Heart sing with Happiness.
Nessa Hall
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reveiwed
Dorothy Roller
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just a fare warning to all. This is now my favorite story in the Pendleton Petticoat series. I love them all but Ms. Hatfield wrote a most beautiful, wonderful and romantic story with Evie, far above what I have read from her before. Oh, my what a story this is. Romance and fun and everything you would expect from Ms. Hatfield’s historical romance and more. Even something horrific which you won’t expect in this time frame.
The heroine Evie is a nanny for three adorable children in a wealthy famil
Phyllis
Love blooming in Pendleton

My rating is 4.5 stars

When Flynn saw the beautiful nymph dancing in the moonlight, he knew he would never be the same. Dancing with her there, amid the flowers he so loved, his heart was captured.

Oh, how I loved this absent-minded landscaper with his love for poetry! His dedication and devotion to plants were endearing. It was so fun that he didn't drive well due to constantly being distracted by plants growing on the side of the road.

Evie captured my heart as she poure
Linda R
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Flynn Elliott, a landscape architect, and his sister, Clarice, moved to Pendleton, Oregon a year ago after the death of their parents. While Flynn designs and oversees the projects, Clarice runs the business side of their firm. Consumed by his interest in the beauty of nature and bringing it to life, Flynn has no desire for social distractions.

With the death of her parents and only sibling, Evie Caswell became a nanny to the three children of a wealthy flour mill owner and his wife. Devoted to
Jo-Ann Roberts
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shanna Hatfield has yet again given her readers a wonderfully, sweet romance in the very popular Pendleton Brides series.
Evie and Flynn are similar in their obligations to their respective positions showing dedication, kindness and hard work. Evie as a nanny to three children and Flynn as a nerdy botanist…and both had no plans to fall in love. But love has a way of attracting the least likely candidates.
Though smitten with one another, their mutual attraction begins with them being friends. Flyn
Jeffrey
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
".....Finally, she turned and looked at Flynn. He'd kept his focus on the roast but when he finished cutting the last slice, he looked at her and something danced between them as though the air was magnetized, drawing them closer together..." Well, dear readers, that is just one of many phrases turned masterfully by author Shanna Hatfield in her latest Pendleton Petticoats offering. A beautiful romance between aristocratic and high-born Flynn and spirited nanny Evie. Spying her dancing secretly ...more
Julia David
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. It is fun and emotional. Evie is alone in the world and has taken a job as a nanny. She will probably never get married and have a home of her own. The three children she takes care of are as dear to her as if they were her own. She takes better care of them than their parents. In fact, the children prefer her over their parents. One night at a ball, Evie is dancing in the garden when Flynn happens upon her. He is immediately smitten but knows it will never go anywhe ...more
Elizabeth Fiscus
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evie was such a sweet, caring nanny! I loved her character so much. She was so loving and full of fun, just the opposite of her employers. Flynn is a very intelligent horticulturist who is so busy with his career that he knows he has no time for love. They meet at a dance and Flynn is absolutely captivated by Evie's beauty and spirit. They both feel like they shouldn't pursue what they are feeling for each other due to their jobs. Life keeps pushing them together until the unthinkable happens. T ...more
Marty Moore
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing series

Evie is the last book in tbr Pendleton Petticoats series. In this book, you get two romances in one. Both Flynn and his sister Clarice, fall in love. Flynn is a landscaper and had taken Pendleton by storm. He's in high demand and kept busy and feels that his life is his business. He'll never marry because he's married to his work.
Evie is a nanny to three active, growing children. She's devoted to the children. Heaven knew she had to be because their parents were extremely
Marie Bourgery
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evie was a wonderful nanny, making learning and playtime so enjoyable, and putting her charges needs before her own. Flynn wasn’t just a landscape architect, but a true horticulturalist, working with plants to make them hardier, sweeter smelling, better tasting, and more. He was such a romantic with his flowers and poems. I received an education in plants. It was funny how he talked to them like they were people. Flynn was so focused on his work and found Evie to be an unwanted distraction and E ...more
Patricia
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
could not put the book down, Evie is a nanny for three children Flynn works with flowers and designs gardens and yards, he first sees her dancing by herself in the moonlight then he asks her to dance. this is a good story and you get to see all the others in past books but if you have not read any of the book that is ok this can be a standalone. you will fall in love with the children and Flynn. if you like romance and children and a man who can quote poetry and grow roses anong others, you will ...more
Nethanja
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Flynn discovers Evie he’s enthralled seeing her dancing in the moonlight. The attraction between them is instant but their life is so different. He uses his time as landscape architect and she is the nanny of three adorable children. When love can’t be held back life can still come between it. But love survives in just more ways than expected.
This is such a fun story, the love story between Flynn and Evie but also an other couple, the description of the flowers, the delightful children, it
Robyn Echols
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely Romance

I enjoyed this stand-alone romance with its ties to other books in the same series. Familiar names popped up,but it would be easy to follow the story without knowing the history of the other townspeople. I very much enjoyed the characters, their personalities which at first left me despairing if there would be any romance. What a bonus, there was more than one. The author described well the crisis faced by the characters, which added a lot to the story. A wonderful read.
Gina
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evie is a dedicated to the children she is a nanny to. Flynn is dedicated to his horticulture. One magical night they meet and have an instant connection. But he is too busy to court a woman and Evie is spends most of her time with the children. But times spent together and then a near tragedy will have them admitting their love. I received a complimentary copy and I am voluntarily reviewing.
Carol Williams
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pendleton Petticoats Series

I have enjoyed this series of books. Each one has been quite an adventure. I like that historical facts are woven into the story and add to the enjoyment of the stories. I would love to have more stories about these loveable characters. Thank you for giving us a series with people who are decent God fearing individuals and no lewd ,indecent scenes! Looking forward to reading more stories like these💕
Doni
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely enjoyed reading the book!
It's a engaging story, that pulled at
all my heartstrings. It is a well-written book that has beautifully developed characters
& has some incredible & touching scenes.
You will fall in love Evie, Flynn & her adorable charges, Peg, Puck & Bee, from the very
first pages to the last.
I loved everything about this
Must Read Story!!!
Paula
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love reading a historical romance. Evie is a nanny to three very young children and loves them dearly. She and Flynn meet one enchanting evening and can't seem to keep their minds off of each other. We see past characters and learn more about their lives and the town. An emotional last couple of chapters and loved the ending.
Pauline Frost
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great historical story pulling you in from the start. This one about Evie and what she goes through for the children she is nanny for, and how she interacts with Flynn. Flynn and his sister Clarice moving to Pendleton to start their landscape business. A well written perfectly paced story in the series.
Judy Tucker
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evie is a heart warming story about unselfish love of people. Evie devotes her life to being a nanny and Flynn devotes his to his flowers and landscape business. When unexpected love hits they start to change their mind. You'll keep reading to see if they find their way together.
Babs Wenk
Romantic Flynn and Evie

Woodland nymph Evie named by confirmed bachelor Flynn when he meets her at a ball in the garden and sees her dancing ballet while he quotes poetry to her then dances a waltz in the garden and also inside with her! Wonderful read - Babs
Vickie Raynor
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This heartwarming romance took me on a roller coaster of emotions. I smiled, laughed and cried throughout. The ending had me guessing about the family, but the final result was so fitting. Enjoyable from page one. Book gifted to me.
Anita Rohn
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evie

Best have an afternoon or evening free to loose yourself in this enchanting story. It will take you away to a beautiful town,add 3 little sprites who win your heart and all of the friends from the past and the romance that develops. A truly beautiful book journey.
Donna Campbell
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So fun

This story was so fun. There were familiar characters along with many new ones I loved all of the different relationships and the how they developed and grew. This is a really sweet, clean romance.
Alanna Roche
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pendleton series is great!!! Must read them all, it is like making friends!

Pendleton series is a must read series! It is like making good friends and you want to go back to visit again!
Heather
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this series and how this author incorporates historical information. Set in 1913 in Oregon this story is about a Nanny finding love and making friends in this close knit town. I always love the recipes she includes in the book and lots of other cool information woven into the story.
MaryEllen
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story was well written and the characters well done.

The hero was nerdy and swoon-worthy; the heroine was sweet and enchanting; the kids were adorable.
Shirley Linn

Heartwarming story.

This is another heartwarming read in The Pendleton Petticoat series. Flynn and Evie are sweet, loveable characters that were meant to be together.

Linda Buzard-Moffitt
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet and fun historical read. Evie was a great nanny to her 3 charges. I really liked the emotional ending.

• Dear Mr. Kincaid (Mail-Order Bride Ink, #9)
  • Dear Mr. Diamond (Mail-Order Bride Ink, #10)
  • Trace (Bachelors and Babies #1)
  • Logan (Bachelors and Babies #2)
  • An Agent for Frances (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #41)
  • The Minx Miner: A Miners to Millionaires Story (The Book Club 8)
  • Remembering Romance (Quinn Valley Ranch, #17)
  • The Saddler's Legacy (The Clear Creek Legacy Book 1)
  • An Agent for Claudia (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #27)
  • An Agent for Carolina (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #24)
  • Roberta: Bride of Wisconsin (American Mail-Order Bride #30)
  • Santa's Visit in Romance (Christmas in Romance #6)
  • An Agent for Savannah (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #44)
  • An Agent for Annie (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #35)
  • Daliah (Brides of Needful Texas # 1)
  • Summer Serenade (Quinn Valley Ranch, #19)
  • A Wrangler for Wynonna (Kansas Cowboys, #1)
  • Sarah: Bride of Minnesota (American Mail-Order Bride #32)
A hopeless romantic with a bit of sarcasm thrown in for good measure, Shanna Hatfield is a best-selling author of clean romantic fiction written with a healthy dose of humor.

In addition to blogging and eating too much chocolate, she is completely smitten with her husband, lovingly known as Captain Cavedweller.

Shanna creates character-driven romances with realistic heroes and heroines. Her histor

Pendleton Petticoats (10 books)
  • Aundy (Pendleton Petticoats #1)
  • Caterina (Pendleton Petticoats #2)
  • Ilsa (Pendleton Petticoats #3)
  • Marnie (Pendleton Petticoats #4)
  • Lacy (Pendleton Petticoats #5)
  • Bertie (Pendleton Petticoats #6)
  • Millie (Pendleton Petticoats, #7)
  • Dally (Pendleton Petticoats, #8)
  • Quinn: (A Sweet Western Historical Romance) (Pendleton Petticoats Book 9)

News & Interviews