Start by marking “The Kompromat Kill (Sean Richardson #2)” as Want to Read:
The Kompromat Kill (Sean Richardson #2)

The Kompromat Kill

(Sean Richardson #2)

They were preparing for decades – now it’s time to take them down.

When a British Diplomat is kidnapped in the heart of London, followed by a brutal double-assassination in Chelsea, MI5 braces for the threat of deep sleeper cells coming alive.

Hiding overseas with a price on his head, Sean Richardson is tasked to lead a deniable operation to hunt down and recruit an
Published June 19th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about The Kompromat Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kompromat Kill

Start your review of The Kompromat Kill (Sean Richardson #2)
Drew Johnson
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sean Richardson returns in this second book my Michael Jenkins, following a highly acclaimed first outing in The Failsafe Query.

This story is a thrilling follow-up that explores the startlingly timely and topical escalation in hostilities between Iran (as Russia's proxy) and America and its western allies following the revocation of the Iran nuclear deal. It's almost as if the US and Iranian administrations had already read The Kompromat Kill and decided to act out the plot for real -
L.S.
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having read The Failsafe Query, the book that introduced the world to Sean Richardson, there was no way I was going to miss out on this second book. As expected, The Kompromat Kill was another thrilling adventure, filled with spies, drama and danger at every turn.

I must admit to finding the story heavy on the technical detail in parts, much of which went over my head, and long episodes of backstory slowed the pace at times. However, that said, it soon became obvious that everything was there for
Jane Hunt
Spy thrillers are always intriguing, and especially ones written with insider insight and contemporary relevance. ‘The Kompromat Kill’, the second in the Sean Richardson series is a good example of everything that draws me to this genre.

The story is complex, but clearly written and has many twists, throwing up more questions than answers as it progresses, until the adrenaline-fuelled climax which ties up all the loose ends, and reveals all.

All the characters are believable, even if you have
Claire
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think I have found myself a new hero! While Jake Flannigan ( David videcette’s series) seems to be taking a well earned rest Sean Richardson is barging him out of them way.

Another fantastic read from Michael Jenkins as Sean battles to save the day, but this time it isn’t all as straight forward as it may seem. We may think we know Sean’s checkered past but Michael is here to fill in the details and it’s not all roses and sparkles.

I did wonder during reading this book what his relationship was
Bryan Miller
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes in our lives we are lucky to meet amazing, interesting and exciting individuals. Some of these become our friends and Michael Jenkins is for me one of those individuals. In this his second novel, he has invested himself in the pages of the book, and for those who know him, it is fairly obvious which of his own traits closely resemble those of the hero of the hour.

The second book continues the story of our reluctant hero Sean Richardson as he delves once again into the world of highly
Clare
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this return to the world of Sean Richardson, we follow him as he tries to turn an Iranian Spy. He gets caught up in a nuclear bomb plot, and learns more about his mother who was also a spy, in the process.
This is all ‘seat of your pants’ stuff - non-stop action from start to finish. I’ve never really been an espionage novel fan, but the first book in this series hanged my mind. This book does nothing to dissuade me from my new-found appreciation of the spy novel. The detail is very
Karen Cole
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having thoroughly enjoyed the first book in the Sean Richardson series, The Failsafe Query, I was looking forward to reading The Kompromat Kill. As with the previous novel, it opens in the past - this time in East Berlin in 1986 during the Cold War. A British female officer is tasked with helping a defecting Stasi colonel cross the border into West Germany. The outcome from that night eventually becomes an important part of the modern-day plot but just how and why isn't revealed for some time.
As
Andy Oppenheimer
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Michael Jenkins’ towering second spy thriller The Kompromat Kill, the evolving international crisis is an enormously timely backdrop and as topical as it gets. His first brilliant novel, The Failsafe Query, delved into the Iraq WMD debacle. This time it’s Iran - crippled by sanctions and planning devastating attacks, but as Russia’s proxy. This is a brave work, not only because it delves headlong into the possible implications of a burgeoning threat - Iran as a state sponsor of terrorism and ...more
Mark Kane
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW…. Just WOW…. Every time I pen a review it never seems to do it justice. The Kompromat Kill is the second novel in the Failsafe series by Michael Jenkins, and what a novel. New authors generally take time to gain a following and recognition for their work, but those who have not yet read The Failsafe Query or The Kompromat Kill are missing what I can only describe as the best books I have ever read.
You completely disappear into the mists of emotions and intrigue in the lives of Sean and Jack
Karen
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! Talk about suspense, spies and politics! This book is full of all of this and more.
Sean is a man with a price on his head, a career that was taken from him, and his own way of doing things. He is tasked with helping his former agency with finding a woman who he once had an affair with and sousing out who she’s working for. His path will lead him to a few secrets that he knew nothing about and will also put him in danger more than once.
Jack is a man who works with a group of spies that are
Jessica Belmont
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read The Failsafe Query by Michael Jenkins last year, and I was SO excited when I found out Sean Richardson was returning in a second book. Michael Jenkins’ writing is absolutely captivating. There wasn’t a chance I was putting this one down. I stayed up quite late to finish it.

The story is a complex spy-thriller, that is clearly written. What I enjoy most about this story is that it is realistic. It is a scary concept that could very well happen and it shows just how much knowledge Michael
Donna Maguire

I thought that this book was excellent!!

The plot is so well developed and current to what is happening today, I liked that it linked back to events that have happened recently in the UK too and it made the story very believable - and a bit scary too if I am honest regarding what could happen if tensions in Iran continue to escalate.

I thought that the characters were great, very well developed and they work brilliantly with the plot. This is the second book
Alison
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An incredibly exciting and riveting read.
The Kompromat Kill by Michael Jenkins is truly an amazing story that becomes a part of you as the reader. With incredible imagery, sensitive and unnerving scenes of desolation, bravery and the trust and the love of one’s military companions that is only known in such situations, seep into the skin. The emphasis on morality as well as freedom and love is memorable. I loved the book more knowing that, perhaps, I was travelling with a hero, with the
Di Paterson
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This exciting book gives the reader greater insight into Sean Richardson, the spy we were introduced to in 'The Failsafe Query'. The story is great and the insight into the characters is as good as the previous book. However, I felt that the writing was less fluid than the first book, with a level of repetition I found somewhat irritating (hence the lack of the final star). It was not extremely fast-paced but was no less gripping for that. Thanks to Michael Jenkins for the advance copy, and to ...more
Alan Gordon
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC and chose to leave a review. This book shows that Michael Jenkins didn’t exhaust his ideas on his first novel – another cracking read. His ability to explain detailed technical and administrative details about all aspects of the intelligence and security worlds puts one in mind of Tom Clancy or Frederick Forsyth. The book is also good on atmosphere: you could almost smell the brown coal smoke of East Berlin when reading the first few pages and later feel the ...more
Lel Budge
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rachels-rr
Sean is in trouble , he has a price on his head, a ruined career and a certain way of doing things…..his way!

His latest exploit is helping his former employer locate someone and find out just who they are working for…..

He finds out more secrets than expected and his safety is in danger again and again.

The British Secret Service call on Sean for help on other cases….but are these linked?

Lots of action, espionage, Russians and danger. This is edge of your seat excitement from start to finish….if
Gail Wylde
Shelves: pigeonhole
Wow that was a real breathless ride. This is the second book by Michael Jenkins and it was just as exciting as the first. Sean Richardson is back together with his team, once again battling terrorism at every turn. We learn more about Sean and I will admit to a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. I am hoping that we will be reading more about Sean et al in the future. I highly recommend this book (but read The Failsafe Query first!), you will not be disappointed.

A big thank you to Michael
D Campey
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If Carlsberg wrote Spy Thrillers. Imaginative, detailed, captivating and unpredictable Jenkins has followed up where he left off with his first novel The Failsafe Query. Sean and his gang are back to pit their wits against some ruthless, calculating and evil villains. Each and every paragraph is well thought out and crafted with precision offering a level of detail that immerses the reader fully into the plot as it travels through time and space. Not sure how the author will top this but am ...more
Yvonne Davies
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went into this story a bit apprehensive as I didn’t realise that this was the 2nd series, but there was no reason for my worries. The story was easy to follow and everything that was important in the 1st book was explained in detail, without spoiling the flow of the story.
As I had no idea what Sean Richardson was like, I was pleasantly surprised that he was not a “James Bond” stereotypical spy. I liked him straight away, he was good at what he did, even when he was by himself and up against
Amelia
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant edge of your seat Sean Richardson Adventure by Michael Jenkins. Political intrigue, gruesome assassinations, terrorist plots and sub plots, great characters and excellent writing. I was lucky enough to read this through the Pigeonhole App, one Stave a day over ten days. I was immediately gripped and couldn’t wait for each one to arrive so that I could devour it. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, would highly recommend it and hope there is another in the series soon.
J S
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly exciting and faced paced follow up to Michael Jenkins first outing for Sean Richardson.
This 2nd outgoing has twists and turns in the plot that ironically falls into place with the current activities of certain nations around the globe.

I completed this book in a couple of days and found that when I put it down I could not wait for the opportunity to get started again. As gripping as it is exciting and I am looking forward to the third book from Michael.

Beatrice Mamberto
Stephanie
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I hadn’t initially realised this was part of a series. It stood up to being a stand alone novel, however, I would recommend reading the earlier book first if at all possible.

This was a thrilling read, with a story that spanned continents and decades. The author obviously knows his stuff, and the attention to detail was great.

I found this very entertaining.
Shireen
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fast paced spy thriller with some outstanding characters. I really enjoyed the way the author showed the background to the behaviour of some of the main characters. He really brought them to life for me even when I didn’t like their behaviour I still felt sympathetic towards them.
David Critchlow
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great story and brilliantly researched plot line and very up to the moment. Had to keep turning the page. Highly recommended. I hope for more adventures of Sean Richardson.
Pasi Kupiainen
May 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Needs very heavy editing.
Adele
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting, fast-moving and very well researched. Enjoyed it a lot!
Christina Mama-Kyriacou
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, well written and exciting! Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Christine
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent spy thriller set in a contemporary cold war. Many twists and turns make the reader hold his/her breath all through the book. I can't wait Sean's next adventures.
Shelagh Wadman
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Kompromat Kill

A real roller coaster of a ride leaving the reader breathless waiting for what happens next. We meet again our modern day hero Sean Richardson and his team in this follow up to the Failsafe Query by Michael Jenkins.

Sean is given the task by a ‘senior civil servant’ of infiltrating an Iranian spy ring and stopping a deadly plot, which would have ramifications worldwide if successful, and turning the beautiful but dangerous spy Nadége.

Although a novel, the story came

• Those Who Are Loved
  • The Partisan Heart
  • The Scribe (Kramer & Carver Thriller, #1)
  • The Bastille Spy (Revolution Spy #1)
  • The Disappeared
  • Blood on the Stone
  • Secret Service
  • Last Request
  • Rewind
  • Hip Set
  • Take It Back
  • Night by Night
  • The Anarchists' Club (Leo Stanhope, #2)
  • Nothing to Hide (DC Constance Fairchild, #2)
  • The Crown Agent
  • The Forgotten Sister
  • Razia
  • Close to the Edge
I started climbing at 13, survived being lost in Snowdonia at 14, nearly drowned at 15, and then joined the Army at 16. Risk and adventure was built into my DNA and I feel very fortunate to have served the majority of my working career as an intelligence officer within Defence Intelligence, and as an explosive ordnance disposal officer and military surveyor within the Corps of Royal Engineers.

I

Sean Richardson (2 books)
  • Failsafe Query (Sean Richardson #1)