Start by marking “Delicious (Camos and Cupcakes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Delicious (Camos and Cupcakes, #1)

Delicious (Camos and Cupcakes, #1)

Allison Bradley has always known what she wanted.

At thirteen, I decided to be a nurse. That very same year, I fell in love with Ed Cooper. Sure, I was barely a teenager and he was one of my older brother's buddies from boot camp. I didn't care. I was in love or lust...or something. He consumed my every waking thought.  Sadly, fifteen years later, I'm still infatuated and h
Kindle Edition, 1, 124 pages
Published May 31st 2019 by Harmless Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Delicious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delicious

Debbie Orazi
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this feel good romantic comedy story. This book was romantic, sexy, witty, funny and made me smile the whole time reading it.

Allison has been infatuated with Ed since she was a teenager and her feelings have only strengthened with time. Ed has quietly lusted after Allison for two years. After a girls night out with friends in which she got drunk, Allison makes a play for Ed and they hook up. Her brother Harry calls Ed on his feelings and Ed admits to loving her. She responds in kind and
Donna
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely smashing! Delicious is a combination of sweet and spicy that makes it a delight for the brain.
Allison has had a crush on Ed Cooper since she was thirteen. She isn’t a kid anymore and Ed Cooper is back and hotter than the ovens he bakes his scrumptious creations in. Ed has been back from the Army and he and two buddies have put Ed’s skills in the kitchen to work in their bakery. He has noticed his friends little sister is all grown up but his wanting her breaks the bro-code. Fate has
Catlou
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Allison has loved Ed since she was a teenager and Ed’s been hot for Allison since he joined her brother and their best friend in their new business two years ago, but each thinks the other isn’t interested. That is until one drunken kiss changes everything. This is a delicious story with a charming HEA ending. It’s a quick, easy, fun read you won’t want to put down. Allison and Ed are delightful and are just so right for each other. In fact, all the characters are very appealing and make you wan ...more
tster
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deliciously decadent quick read. Allison and Ed’s chemistry is off the charts. Couldn’t put it down. I loved how the secondary characters intertwined and set up future plot lines. Looking forward to the next 2 books in the series.

Dar
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so fun! Sweet, sexy, touching, funny, ah, just a perfect quick read that will leave you with a smile on your face and warmth in your heart 💖 The cast of supporting characters are just as much fun, and just as sweet, and I can't wait to have more of this entire crew :)
Katie Bug
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delicious, Camos and Cupcakes, Book 1 by Melissa Schroeder

Allison Bradley became a chemo nurse in San Antonio after her mother’s battle with breast cancer. She survived but it brought Allison and her brother Harry closer together.

Ed Cooper put his time in the Army and has come back home. He opened a bakery two years ago with his two best friends. Ed is considered one of the top bakers in San Antonio.

Allison has had a crush on Ed since she was thirteen years old. Now at nearly thirty it is way m
Annie
Loved Allison and Ed
Allison Bradley has crushed on Ed Cooper since the day her brother brought him home after they completed basic for the Army. She was 13. At 28 her feeling have't changed.
Two year ago, her brother, Harry, Ed and their other best friend, Fritz, left the Army and opened a bakery, Camos and Cupcakes. Her brother keep the books, Fritz is the face of the business and Ed, Ed is the baker. His cup cakes are to die for. He even named her favorite, after her. Ed sees her as a kid sist
Cheryl Sanders
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book one in the Camos and Cupcakes series and it features Ed and Allison. The base story for Camos and Cupcakes is fabulous! Three military guys leave the service and open a bakery...a very successful bakery! Each contributing something different. Ed is the master baker. How much more delicious can you get? A gorgeous ginger that is 6‘4“ and can bake! He is also deliciously talented in other rooms of the house other than the kitchen. Allison’s been in love/lust with him since she was a t ...more
M Hurford
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s Delightful. It’s Mouth Watering.
Delicious, Book One of the Camos and Cupcake Series was, in fact, delicious. The author, Melissa Schroeder, certainly showed us she knows her way around a storyline, character development, and making romcoms actually that. Light and witty and this is exactly what Delicious does. Chapter after chapter there is something that draws you in, engages, then leaves you with a smile, followed by repeating this for each chapter.
The main characters, Ginger Jesus and
Amy
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet, handsome cupcake baker in love with his best friend’s little sister. A dedicated chemo nurse in love with her brother’s best friend and business partner.

Each holds back thinking the other only has platonic feelings. Until Allison and her friends tie one on and Ed is her designated driver, who gets more than he bargains for.

It’s a pretty quick read, and utterly predictable. But that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It’s a classic romance trope, but it’s sweet and satisfying— like a cupcake
Anima
Shelves: hot-romance
Just what I needed, a fun lighthearted sexy romance. You just can't go wrong with a sexy former military ginger that bakes. Ed has the hots for his best friend's sister, for years, and is finally realizing it's reciprocal. Allison calls Ed by the funniest nickname, but only in her head. She's been crushing on Ed for numerous years, her friends know it but she just needs the right circumstance for things to get rolling. Loved the relaxed and caring relationship they have, it gets better once they ...more
Karen L Ledee
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Allison has been in love with Ed forever. Ed has been in love with her since he moved to San Antonio with his best friends, one being her brother Harry. Harry is very protective of his sister and Ed is intimidated enough to not upset his friendship balance. Well he takes her home after she has been drinking with her besties and stays in case she needs him. Staying on her couch is not an option for a 6’4” guy so he sleeps in her king sized bed with her. So what will happen when Harry finds out wh ...more
Lisa Boyd
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spoilers*
Delicious is definitely Delicious! I couldn't decide if it was the hot military men or the yummy cupcakes but I am definitely addicted.
First of all, I had high hopes considering this is the first in Melissa Schroeder's Camo and Cupcakes. She doesn't disappoint. While these stories fall more under the style of contemporary romance compared to Mel's other books, the scenes are spot on and the dialogue is hilarious. I loved it so much I also purchased a copy for my personal library. I can'
Mylene Williams
Allison and Ed have a long standing friendship which seems doomed to never be anything more. But cupcakes and friendship are the start to this romance. There has been an attraction between these two for years, but being the sister of Ed's best friend means they can't act on the feelings neither one knows about. For Ed this feeling of love has been a recent thing, for Allison it has been a crush from teenage years. They are both adults now, but will they be allowed to act on their feelings with o ...more
Gabrielle Lee
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Allison and Ed have been friends since they were young but these days Ed has more than friendship on his mind when he sees Allison. He can never act on these feelings since she is his best friends’ little sister but oh how he wishes he could. Allison has always loved Ed ever since they were young teens Ed has been the one for her, but she knows he doesn’t see her that way, or does he? One kiss changes their lives and the two must decide if they want to fight for their happiness or not. Allison a ...more
Lisa H
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ed Cooper is a delicious ginger.

Allison has had a crush on Ed Cooper, one if her brother Harry’s best friends, since she was a teenager.
He is the cupcake baker at Camo and Cupcakes in San Antonio.
Now at 28, will one kiss lead to more?

Ed Cooper is a redhead ginger, a tatted baker with a Harley and an SUV. He stands in for Harry to give the trio of girls a lift home after a night out. He’s been jones on Allison for the past year.

Sweet and deliciously spicy.
Recommend.

I received a free copy of this
Kimberly
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not only did the cupcakes make me salivate, Ed is definitely drool worthy. Ed and Allison had held onto a hidden attraction for years and one drunken night provides them with the opportunity to reveal their hidden desires. This is a light hearted story with intense attraction and funny little puns. EJ, Allison and Savannah are a hoot. 3 best friends who don't hold back, and are as close as sisters. A short read that I did not want to put down and written in Melissa style with mouth watering sens ...more
Lisa
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this story of Ed and Allison. The slow build up over the time before the story makes it all the more sweet. Ed is sexy beyond words. Allison is fierce and fun. She is fun loving with great friends and a good family. There is humor, there is spice. All of the pieces fit together so well, just like Ed and Allison. I love the backstory. Ed's life's work is fresh and interesting. Ed's friends, Allison's family, all strong characters that help build the story.

I received a free copy of this boo
Heather Wamboldt
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Author's Warning: This story includes so much sweetness from the strawberry lemonade cupcakes to the sexy giant of a baker you might end up with cavities.

I say, Bring on the cavities! This was a fun and sweet brother's best friend romance. The characters are wonderful and the author keeps you engaged, hoping for Allison and Ed (Sunshine and Ginger Jesus) to finally get their happily ever after. I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the Camos and Cupcakes series.

I received a free copy of
Mags
4.5⭐

Delicious the first book in Melissa Schroeder's new Camos & Cupcakes series certainly lived up to its name. As it was deliciously sweet and fun to read, and I loved it. Plus, the characters were great, and I adored the Harry Potter references. So if you're looking for a fast paced, sweet story. That also has a big dash of sexy and a former military man who knows how to bake. Then this is the perfect book for you.

Would happily recommend.

**I was kindly provided with an ARC via Booksprout i
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a sweet treat! Ed and Allison will have you in their corner. Ed has a thing for Allison and what he doesn't know is that Allison has been into him since she was thirteen. All it takes is one drunken night to put into play all of their feelings but will the bro code come into play when Harry catches them together ruining what was starting to become a promising relationship?

Siobhan Yilmaz
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story was over far sooner than I'd have liked. Not that it was too short, but more because I bulldozed through it!
Allison is a loveable character, who's crush happens to be her brother's best friend. I'm sure we've all had a secret crush at some point, and it's written so wonderfully. Ed is in the same boat as Allison, but neither of them realise. Once they do, there's no going back. Sparks fly and sexy times flow.
Btw, I'd love an Ed cupcake, they sound amazing!
Jacky
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ed and Allison were so good together. Sweet, sexy, romantic, and funny.

This was such a fun, light hearted read. Ed (Ginger Jesus) and Allison (Strawberry Lemonade) each had what they thought was an unrequited lust.

Who knew a couple of margaritas and a few shots would end up taking them down an unexpected road?

This book will leave you feeling lighter, and with a smile on your face.

I voluntarily read and reviewed the Advanced Reader Copy.
Sheila
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Allison has had a crush on her older brother's friend Ed since she was thirteen but now at twenty eight she still feels the same way but he just sees her as a little sister. Ed has secretly had a crush on Allison but it goes against the bro-code so he has kept his distance all these years. Ed is in business with her brother and another friend where Ed is the baker and she goes into their bakery everyday. One kiss and they both know there is no going back. Loved this sweet sexy story and all the ...more
Vanessa
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick but great short story about a younger sister and her big brother's best friend. It was thorough and complete despite it's short length. I felt like the characters were well presented and fleshed out. The heat level was what I had expected. Can't wait for Lucious!!

Shaun
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is funny, sweet and sexy. Allison has had a crush on Ed for years and little did she know that he felt the same way about. One night with the girls and drinks makes all of Allison's and Ed's dreams become a reality. Good story and well put together. All of the characters have great chemistry together.

Shelby
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story! I only wish it was a little longer. Allison and Ed are great characters. And you can't help but cheer them on.

Rachel
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book hooked me from the start. The snarky and funny way the characters talk and think had me devouring this book like Allison eats Ed's cupcakes. The characters really made this book entertaining and though it's a pretty quick read, I felt like I really knew them by the end. If you're a fan of frosting and enchiladas with your happy ending, this book will leave you sighing in delight.

Sheri
May 28, 2019 added it
I highly recommend this quick read. It is like a delicious cupcake covered with decadently sexy frosting. The characters have been in love with each other for years but didn't admit it until one night. One fantastic night and it all comes together.
Lynn
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very much enjoyed reading this novel and look forward to the one in the series. Fast paced and entertaining with characters that draw you in and make you want to be one of the gang.

« previous 1 3 4 next »
Born to an Air Force family at an Army hospital Melissa has always been a little bit screwy. She was further warped by her years of watching Monty Python and her strange family. Her love of romance novels developed after accidentally picking up a Linda Howard book. After becoming hooked, she read close to 300 novels in one year, deciding that romance was her true calling instead of the literary sh ...more