Start by marking “Laatste weduwe” as Want to Read:
Laatste weduwe

Laatste weduwe

(Will Trent #9)

Een onschuldig winkeluitje loopt uit op een nachtmerrie wanneer Michelle Spivey wordt ontvoerd als ze met haar dochtertje het winkelcentrum verlaat. De politie zet een zoekactie in gang, haar partner doet een emotionele oproep in de media, maar Michelle is en blijft spoorloos.

Een paar weken later geniet special agent Will Trent van een rustige zondag met zijn vriendin Sara
Kindle Edition
Published June 4th 2019 by HarperCollins

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Last Widow by Karin Slaughter
    The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
    Release date: Aug 20, 2019
    The highly-anticipated new Will Trent novel by #1 internationally bestselling author Karin Slaughter.

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 6339 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jun 10 - Jul 03, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Laatste weduwe, please sign up.
    Peggy Macgillivray I am also a lover of the Will Trent series. Have zero idea how many books will be done on the couple though. I also hope they don't end, but maybe as…moreI am also a lover of the Will Trent series. Have zero idea how many books will be done on the couple though. I also hope they don't end, but maybe as a writer, she will feel the need to move on to different subjects. I would like them to end, ( if they DO end), happily married with an adopted kid! And the dogs of course. LOL(less)
    Elke Vekeman There was a hostage situation in the police office (I don't know the right word in English, Dutch is my mother tongue) back in the days when Sara's…moreThere was a hostage situation in the police office (I don't know the right word in English, Dutch is my mother tongue) back in the days when Sara's late husband was still alive.
    I don't remember the reason for the hostage, but Jeffrey Tolliver got shot, a few policemen were killed and some children were held hostage as well.
    In the book that narrates this hostage siituation, there is back and forth between the days when Jeffrey took her to the place where he grew up and an old secret got out. I loved that book.(less)

Paromjit
    Anyone who is shocked by the nightmare rise of the far right Alt-right and their Nazi ideology should read this well researched addition to the Will Trenton series with Dr Sara Linton, both members of the Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) by Karin Slaughter. Slaughter pokes beneath the surface to examine the rise of this contemporary phenomena with the authentic creation of the kind of unhinged characters, mainly men, that are part of this unsavoury movement, their arrogance, their need to ...more
    Sandy
    I’ll begin by offering a bit of advice. Don’t open this with the idea of just getting a few chapters under your belt. Prepare. Find a quiet spot, break out the emergency reading kit (snacks, beverages, blankie, heart rate monitor, etc.) & get comfortable. Because this author doesn’t so much gently lead you into the story as throw you off a speeding train. In the ebook version we have our first kidnapping at 2%. Then she gives you a bit of a break, holding off til 8% for the second one. At th ...more
    Alan Cotterell
    Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arc, read-2019, 6-stars
    Before you start this the latest book in the Will Trent series, make sure you have enough time to finish it. You will not want to put it down. Karin Slaughter is a master (or should that be mistress), when it comes to storytelling. She somehow moves the story on at such a pace, but at the same time builds up the tension. I don’t think there were any extraneous words in this. Every one of them was needed.

Her books can sometimes be criticised for including too much violence and not particularly, p
    Nadia
    Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: thriller
    This is the kind of book that will increase your heart beat and if the world was ending, you might notice it, but you will keep reading because you will want to know how the book ends! Having said that, this book might not appeal to faint-hearted as it gets dark and gory in places.

The Last Widow is #9 in Will Trent series but my first one and it felt absolutely fine to read it as a standalone.

The Last Widow is action-packed and it made me feel as if I was seeing the scenes rather than just read
    Tarrah Marie
    Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    WILL TRENT IS BACK!!! ((deep breath))
    Pauline
    May 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley
    The Last Widow by Karin Slaughter is the ninth book in the Will Trent series.
    A woman is abducted from a shopping centre car park. A month later she is forced to take part in a terrorist attack. Will Trent's girlfriend a doctor is also taken by the terrorist. It's a race against time to stop these men and get the women back alive.
    I did not enjoy this book as much as the author's earlier books in this series and found a difference in writing style and the story very slow at the beginning.
    Miriam Smith
    May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: lovereading
    I have been a huge fan of Karin Slaughter for well over ten years now and she was one of the very first big name authors that got me into the latest crime genre, due to her addictive and compelling stories.
    "The Last Widow" is number nine in the Georgia Bureau Investigator Will Trent series and it is possible to read this as a standalone, though to fully understand Will and his unique personality it wouldn't hurt to read some of the previous books, as much for enjoyment as anything else. I have b
    Liz Barnsley
    Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Review to follow.
    Cheryl
    May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2019
    Clear your calendar for this book...because you will not want to put it down. This story is told from a few points of view as events and tragedy unfold. The author has you rooting for Will Trent and the people he loves and condemning his enemies. This book has violence, hate crime, in addition, to talk of pedophilia (-that happened in the past and with no detail). This one had my heart beating with concern for the main characters.
    The Book Review Café
    The Last Widow is the ninth book featuring Will Trenton and Dr Sara Linton, who are both members of the Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI), they also happen to be in a personal relationship. This book could easily be read as a stand-alone, but like any long running series their are aspects that you will miss out on. I’m a a huge Karin Slaughter fan and as I would expect she once again delivers a compelling, taut, chilling read. The plot is very current, making it a terrifying but all to cred ...more
    Judy Collins
    Another winner by #SlaughterSquad!!!! Wow! I stayed up all night to finish and once again AWESOME! 😎🙌 Review coming closer to pub date. She has been on my 🏆 Top Books of the Year for Six Consecutive Years. (started blog in 2014) Review coming closer to pub date.
    Pauline Knox
    May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    An abduction with no apparent reason is the starter for this page turner, filled with twists to keep you hooked, and I was hooked from the start and read the whole book in just over a day!
    Will Trent and his girlfriend Sarah both work for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and their individual skill sets are put to the test throughout this story. Will’s work partner, Faith and his boss Amanda, both know him equally well and they know each other’s strengths and abilities well.
    I love the way Karin
    girlandherbook
    Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    As always Karin does nothing but impress! I’ve missed Will and Sara and am so happy to have them back!!!!
    I’m hooked
    KC
    In this heart pounding thriller, GBI Agent Will Trent must go undercover to infiltrate a domestic terrorist group who's plot is yet known. The situation becomes incredibly more complex when Trent's girlfriend, medical examiner Sara Linton, is kidnapped by the unhinged leader of this radical association. Karin Slaughter pulls out all this stops in the latest installment of this sublime continuing series.
    Mandy
    Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: read-in-2019
    This is the latest book in the Will Trent/Sara Linton series. Will works for Georgia Bureau of Investigations and Sara is a doctor.
    This latest book does contain spoilers for other books in this series, and as is usual with this author, does contain graphic descriptions of violent acts, and violent crimes.
    I have read a lot of books both in this series and other works by Karin Slaughter, so I knew exactly what I was going to get when I started this book. For me, the pacing was a little bit off at
    Amina Kara
    Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Probably the best one yet by Karin Slaughter! Brilliant, brilliant book! I really couldn't recommend it highly enough. So well written and full of tension, that it was hard to put down (and I had to because I read it on The Pigeonhole app and they released a stave a day, so had to wait until each stave was released!).
    Amy Risner
    Mar 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    ANOTHER WILL TRENT BOOK? BRB CRYING.
    Cathy Ryan
    4.5*
    I didn’t realise when requesting this book it was so far into a series. Having said that, it does read well as a standalone. There was no confusion and I soon had enough feel for the characters from the information drip-fed through the narrative, by means of dialogue and observations, to become invested in them.

The abduction of Michelle Spivey, a scientist who works in disease control, from a shopping mall car park seems targeted, but there is no contact from the abductors, no ransom demand
    Jessica Woodbury
    2.5 stars. If you just look at Slaughter's standalone novels, she's gotten much better in the last few years. They're as tight and well plotted as anything she's ever done. But I just haven't had the same connection to her longstanding series. Will Trent's and Sara Linton's series have combined for a few books now, and there are several characters readers are now familiar with to populate them. Here Slaughter has her team take on a sizable villain: white supremacist militias.

If you have read Sla
    Irene Bugg
    Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I've read all Karen Slaughters books except the newest ones. She is an excellent writer! Read her series. You will enjoy them. I promise!
    Becca
    Karin Slaughter fans have been waiting a long time for this book. The Last Widow is the 9th book in the Will Trent series. Last time we saw Will, was in The Kept Woman back in 2017. Well, it was definitely worth the wait- and you can see why it took so long (apart from Slaughter writing two stand alone novels in the mean time). The research for this book must have taken an insanely long time. It is so very detailed. I get super excited when a new Slaughter book is announced, so it is no surprise ...more
    Alisa
    May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: murder-suspense, 2019
    Review to come
    Breakaway Reviewers
    Another blockbuster

The Last Widow sees the return of Will Trent and Sara Linton in an action-packed ninth novel featuring this couple as the main characters.

Michelle Spivey is a specialist in diseases, but first and foremost, she is a mother. So, when threatening men appear in a parking lot when she is with her young daughter, her first thought is to save her child. However, the men want her not the girl and snatch her into oblivion. A month later, Michelle turns up in the middle of a major inci
    Roman Clodia
    This may not be vintage Slaughter but it's still a decent thriller even if the pace sometimes feels uneven with sections in which people talk and things happen yet the story doesn't seem to move on... That's especially the case at the start where we see *exactly* the same scenes first from Sara's and then Will's PoV but there's barely a difference between them and it's just needless repetition.

I'd have liked to have seen more of Amanda and Evelyn who make what feel like token walk-on appearances
    Sherry
    Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Once again Slaughter keeps you on the edge of your seat as Will and Sara investigate a series of bombings at Emory University.. A total page-turner!.
    Carolyn
    Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: slaughter-karin
    As of today, I have read 175 books in 2019. A lot of them have been excellent reads and worthy of five star ratings. Many of those books have been edge-of-your seat, page turners. I have been a nervous wreck reading some books in this past, but nothing like I was when reading this book. THIS book is hands down, without a doubt, no bullshitting you, the BEST book of 2019 I have read. I am still reeling. Be prepared. Make time, quiet and have lots of snacks and liquids at hand when you are reading ...more
    Mary Picken
    Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Karin Slaughter is one of my go-to authors. I have loved the Doctor Sara Linton series since the beginning and like Sara have lived through the transition from her marriage to Jeffrey through to her relationship with Georgia Bureau Investigator, Will Trent. Theirs is an entirely different kind of partnership. Born of love and recognition of vulnerabilities, this is a couple who would no more think of taking advantage of the other’s weakness than kick a puppy.

In The Last Widow, Slaughter sets off
    Mandy White
    Jun 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    The Last Widow is book 9 in the Will Trent series of books. Whilst being a fan of Karin Slaughters stand alone books I have never read a Will Trent book so this was a my first. It could be read as a stand alone but I felt that I missed a lot by not knowing the previous books. For me I didn't love this like I have loved Pretty Girls and The Good Daughter. But I did enjoy this read, although I found it to be a bit slow and repetitive at the start.

The story begins with a women that we later learn i
    May 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley
    I enjoyed this novel in the end, but I found the narrative technique very off-putting at the beginning. Slaughter used alternating narrators and often overlapped the timelines of that narration. At the beginning of the novel, when some of the characters were in the same scenes, this meant one scene was a repeat of the last, with identical dialogue and action, just a few internal thoughts of the particular narrator. I nearly put the book down in the first thirty or forty pages because of this. La ...more
    Jane Hunt
    Fast-paced, political and grizzly, ‘The Last Widow’, starts with a seemingly perfect abduction, as a missing scientist has disappeared without a trace. Then, the crime becomes personal when Sara- medical examiner from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation is abducted, after responding to an apparent major incident.

The resurgence of neo-nazism is explored in this riveting, often graphically violent novel, its contemporary relevance adds to the story’s menacing quality. The thriller unfolds on two l
    « previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Shamed (Kate Burkholder, #11)
    • The Stories You Tell (Roxane Weary, #3)
    • The Perfect Wife
    • Neon Prey (Lucas Davenport, #29)
    • Someone Knows
    • Drungi (Hidden Iceland #2)
    • Before She Was Found
    • Ultima (Maestra, #3)
    • The 18th Abduction (Women's Murder Club, #18)
    • The Eighth Sister (Charles Jenkins #1)
    • Willing to Die (To Die #8)
    • After the End
    • A Beautiful Corpse (Harper McClain, #2)
    • Blood Oath (Alexandra Cooper, #20)
    • Deadly Investment (Alistair Fitzjohn, #5)
    • Growing Things and Other Stories
    • The Butterfly Girl (Naomi Cottle, #2)
    • Cristallisation Secrète
    Karin Slaughter is one of the world’s most popular and acclaimed storytellers. Published in 120 countries with more than 35 million copies sold across the globe, her nineteen novels include the Grant County and Will Trent books, as well as the Edgar-nominated COP TOWN and the instant NEW YORK TIMES bestselling novels PRETTY GIRLS, THE GOOD DAUGHTER, and PIECES OF HER. Slaughter is the founder of t ...more

Will Trent (9 books)
    • Triptych (Will Trent, #1)
    • Fractured (Will Trent, #2)
    • Undone (Will Trent, #3)
    • Broken (Will Trent, #4)
    • Fallen (Will Trent, #5)
    • Criminal (Will Trent, #6)
    • Unseen (Will Trent, #7)
    • The Kept Woman (Will Trent, #8)